Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2012 8:32 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally this episode was very interesting. We have more clues as to who the children belfort are. Cooks seems to be a professor studying this very carefully and notices that they have been alive more then 100 years.

Meanwhile Thompa is showing chitto and altesa how to enjoy thier stay on the island, when suddenly chitto goes missing.

Jul 23, 2014 9:04 AM

May 2012
Interesting development, those white haired kids seem really interesting and I do wonder what's up with them being around still after 100 years!
Mar 11, 2015 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
I'm really understanding Thoma's frustration. Helga dislikes and is cold toward Thoma, does nothing to help the camp or rather Chitto does everything for her, and all she does is stare into space and draw the same image. And doesn't even realize Chitto left at all, let alone for her.

EARTH TO HELGA, WAKE UP!!!
Feb 15, 2016 1:11 AM
Jan 2011
You would think Helga could show some sort of appreciation for what the mc has done for them. That and Chitta doesn't need to be so over protective of her. I don't understand why Chitta doesn't say anything to her about how she is acting. I'm going to guess there is more to this that explains the reasoning...... I hope anyways.
Oct 16, 2017 5:03 AM

Jul 2016
wtf helga... so frustrating. you can't even get water? too easy... just sit there and draw your paintings while they work i guess.
i love dancing a bit to this ending song.
Mar 2, 2019 4:24 PM

Nov 2016
Children that are very old and old people that die at a young age, I still can't create a connection, but the mystery is growing on me as series progresses.

And I gotta correct myself, Glass didn't visit his sister, but his daughter.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 5, 2019 10:32 AM

Sep 2017
Jesus Christ Helga is such a pain in the ass. If she suffers from some serious mental illness Chitta should explain, not getting mad at anyone who justifiably angered by her. I think of dropping this because it's a really unpleasant experience to watch these obnoxious kids and I don't care what happen to Helga at all. I don't know if there will be paid off in the latter development but my experience with anime suggests that it won't.
Feb 8, 2022 4:10 PM

Aug 2017
In the beginning the poster above the girl's bed changed from a cat to a bird.

What was the gesture Thoma did with his ears before diving?

Kokkuri island was on the detective's map, so it's not that unknown, huh
Jun 30, 2023 10:18 PM

Jan 2021
Some progress on the mystery front!
We have a date for that opening scene with the man, Radcliff, writing the journal which is set almost two decades after their last 'incarnations' as we learnt they died in 1901. The biggest question for me now is if Mel died then as well? We know they died together, possibly to make sure they always stay together through their 112 year cycles, but with Mel under the control of Dumas I wonder how she's connected to things. As well as that new older guy with the white hair who speaks so venomously about the Children, perhaps his opinion of them inherited from Dumas, if he isn't Dumas himself somehow. (Most people seem to think he is Dumas, I agree I just didn't recognize the hair because it's been so long since we saw him)

speculation
Watching the children search desperately for their friend, I wonder how deeply connected to Tina they were. While it may just be that they don't bother because they don't know if/when they incarnated, we haven't seen them look for traces of Conrad or Mel yet, only Tina and they seem desperate to find her. Perhaps because they hope to restore her and bring her with them again? It makes me wonder how they got separated in the first place way back in 1759.
Plus we have that mysterious rock that was found with them...
So much to think about and so many threads appearing to tie in, starting to get excited about what's coming up.
The Thoma stuff is starting to wear a bit thin on me at this point. I know im not far into the show, but each scene with his group at this point just seems like a lot of padding and we don't really gain any insights into the world, story or characters, its just showing that yes, they're still on an island, yes Helga is still withdrawn, yes Chitto is still over protective.
There was also a couple of funny art errors today which I got a chuckle from. The first one was Thoma's sprite running through the woods just appearing from no where. The other way the detective climbing on his bed but not stepping off the other end before he got to the bathroom door.
Sep 7, 2023 1:41 PM

Dec 2022
What sort of name is Grass anyway?

Helga seems unfocused and distrait. It's easy to call those traits annoying from an outside perspective, but they aren't unrealistic by any means. Introversion and a lack of trust towards strangers, essentially.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 1 Discussion

Arashi89 - May 18, 2010

22 by dragynfaerie »»
Jan 15, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 25 Discussion

ArtimesGamer - Mar 13, 2012

5 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:28 AM

» The best anime of all time - It's a bummer how few people know about it

MyllerPhiem - Apr 2, 2022

15 by MyllerPhiem »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 2 Discussion

Arashi89 - May 18, 2010

12 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 24 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 7, 2009

25 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.