Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 11, 2014 6:47 PM

Mar 2014
That was pretty good. Nice bittersweet ending.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 13, 2014 3:08 PM

Jun 2014
A great recap, and a nice story.

8/10.
Sep 19, 2014 4:35 PM
Sep 2014
God f***ing da** it. At first I was like "YES THIS GIRL IS AWESOME. Screw Ikaros, screw Nymph and especially screw Sohara (seriously she's such a buzzkill - she can gtfo) I just want Tomoki and Hiyori together." Then the halfway point came and my it hit me like a truck (see what I did there?) Then she came back as an angeloid and I was like "aww yiss Tomoki gonna make her love and what not" and then it ended and i cri evertim. Seriously, they're going to make me watch the Best Girl die twice? Twice!?!? F*** you. I can has happy ending pls? 10/10 m8
Jan 13, 2015 1:50 AM

Mar 2013
Boggles the mind how much better this is then the mediocre show. Worth watching up till this point JUST for this.

Normally i hate recaps of any sorts, but from the first second i noticed the radically improved visuals/animation (especialy w/1080p BD) which made things more tolerable. The revelation of how Hiyori was tied into the main series here and there and how we even had hints of it during the prior seasons was well done. The actual Hiyori Arc and romance was the best in the show. Cool fighting scenes, great soundtrack, and phenomenal ED by Hayomi Saori (as usual, love her) capped things off nicely.

9/10 for this beauty (the prior seasons i gave only 6/10, so a radical increase).
Jan 17, 2015 11:04 PM

Jun 2014
well the first half was boring as hell, but it was interesting how they worked the character into the background, then into the main story. Poor Nymph. Shes trying to explain that to her, Tomoki being her master IS being able to live free. I really want to see Delta and Nymph get imprinted. At least Nymph, Delta doesnt really seem to care.
As for the new girl... damn, she had to die TWICE. that blows. The first girl to actually come out and say that she loved tomoki though... damn. Her design as an angeloid was really cool looking though.
and what are they going to do about the town now? Only one more movie to go then? =[
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Feb 2015
It was interesting how they worked Hiyori into the timeline, and I enjoyed seeing it from her perespective. I now see why there was no real mention of her in the series...everybody had their memory wiped (would that also include the viewers?)

I do have to admit though, having the first half as a recap was a bit unnecessary , but good nevertheless.
But once it started getting to the action parts, I really started loving it!
Cannot believe an Angel was turned into an Angeloid :(

Sora no Otoshimono is one of my favourite series...it is so familiar to me, and I do not understand why. I feel like I have watched it all before, but Ive never heard of the title (or even Heavens Lost Property)

Is there an English Dub version of Eternal my Master?
UpBoatFeb 11, 2015 2:13 PM
Apr 3, 2015 1:46 PM

Feb 2014
I guess we didn't see this in the movie? =/

http://br.mangahost.com/manga/sora-no-otoshimono/40/32
Apr 11, 2015 6:17 PM

Jan 2012
The singing of Ikaros was beautiful I thought it was a full remake in the beginning.
this movie is far better than season 1 and 2. The plot has more depth.
If there is a third season.I will watch it for sure.

Apr 14, 2015 6:13 PM

Oct 2014
I thought that it was pretty good. The recap was definitely a little too long but it was interesting seeing things from Hiyori's perspective and I absolutely loved her character. I will admit I had some minor feels at the end, it was very well done. And what was that after credit scene? Is it supposed to imply she didn't die because of the feathers and bell, or is it simply Tomoki remembering?
Apr 20, 2015 11:09 PM

Feb 2014
jdimaria3 said:
I thought that it was pretty good. The recap was definitely a little too long but it was interesting seeing things from Hiyori's perspective and I absolutely loved her character. I will admit I had some minor feels at the end, it was very well done. And what was that after credit scene? Is it supposed to imply she didn't die because of the feathers and bell, or is it simply Tomoki remembering?

For me, the movie Tokeijiki no Angeloid is not bad, but is not that good, I gave a 6/10. I think that if they had followed more the manga would have been better. For example: In the manga, something really cool happens with Nymph in Hiyori's arc, but in the movie didn't. If you don't care about the manga or about spoilers, I'm talking about this: http://br.mangahost.com/manga/sora-no-otoshimono/40/32

"Is it supposed to imply she didn't die because of the feathers and bell, or is it simply Tomoki remembering?" -> Your answer is in the movie "Sora no Otoshimono Final: Eternal My Master". However, if you will not watch the movie, I can tell for you.

PS.: The movie (Eternal My Master) is not a good adaptation, unfortunately. It does not please the people who do not follow the manga, and much less the people who read the manga. It didn't has a beginning nor an ending -> I think that (most of) people who watched the movie understands what I'm talking here.
But take look by yourself, to have your own opinion about it.
TechOtakuMay 24, 2015 7:33 PM
May 7, 2015 10:55 PM

Feb 2015
Recap was too long but the rest of the movie was enjoyable. It wasn't as good as the TV series though. Next up is the infamous Final.
devinderMay 7, 2015 10:58 PM
Sep 16, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2011
half of this movie was recap but with hiyori.
at the end hiyori die
it was pretty good
Jan 22, 2016 2:58 PM
May 2013
This was different from the manga but I like it so I don't mind .
Too bad the recap bored the shit out of me .
Aug 23, 2017 1:07 AM

Mar 2013
I really wanted to enjoy this, I already put off watching it for years. Like everyone has pretty much said, the recap was taxing. They left out so much from the manga, those 40 minutes wasted on recapping to fit in Hiyori's perspective, could've made this movie that much better. The budget must've been so low, that they had to cram in recap. The "Sleeping Angel" part is what I find most interesting... how many others on earth, are just angels connected to biological bodies through the synapse? The battle wasn't too much more exciting in the manga, but damn was it boring in the anime. Hate when they go to the cliche "I'm going to just talk to the berserker, and bring back their memory" ending. Also, why tf does Tomoki need a hang-glider to get to Hiyori... It's not like he has 3 Angeloids that can fly! Well time to watch the final movie that has some pretty bad reviews. 6/10 for this one, I can't look past the faults, and give it a higher score.
Sep 23, 2017 5:16 AM

Jan 2013
First half being showing Hiyori scenes while being a recap of the first two seasons.
It's still a shame we dont get a definite answer on what the hell is going on with the Synapse.
So Tomoki's reality is not real according to Nymph.

Also it seems Hiyori is still alive judging from the post credit scene, wonder how much the last film will tell us or if I actually have to read the manga to get those answers.

7/10, not a bad film but not great either.
Nov 17, 2017 2:29 AM

Sep 2010
Watched this years ago. Then re-watched it after reading to the end of the manga.

I think I prefer the manga version. Not sure how well the ending would work in a movie though because
might have been too anticlimactic. Then again, maybe having Nymph
would compensate for it.

Not sure if the problem lies in the film script, or with the translator, but Nymph also mentions that no-one remembers Hiyori after the deletion except for herself, Astraea and Ikaros, so no-one else will be hurt if they destroy her right there... at which point Tomoki points out that she'll be the one hurt if she tries to carry the guilt by herself. It's also at this point in the manga that we find out the deletion actually hasn't worked on Tomoki, resulting in a satisfying shot of Minos's surprise, then frustration. The manga also shows Daedalus happy at the turn of events.

There's also a bit in the manga where Sugata is sneaking around Synapse while hiding from the harpies, but once he realizes his memories of Hiyori are disappearing, he recklessly rushes past the harpies towards the dome.
Dec 27, 2017 7:29 PM
Mar 2017
I thought the concept of it was pretty interesting how it ran through seasons 1-2 through Hiyori's perspective, however, I thought it was okay. But that's probably only cause I'm so fixated on the Tomoki x Ikaros ship that I couldn't bare watching another girl kiss Tomoki. But I know it was a good movie overall that's for sure.
Jan 28, 2018 5:41 AM
Dec 2017
The main heroin, I forget her name, is SOOOOO much better than ikaros. I never read the manna so I'm confused bow she comes back. However the fact that she doesn't become main love interest is incredibly tilting because of the fact that tomoki was about confess before she died. So tilted because ikaros equals trash
Apr 1, 2019 2:56 PM

Mar 2019
way better than the series, liked it. also Hiyori is a much more likable character than Sohara and Mikako.

i mean, Sohara CAN be nice, especially when they were on that island for a month but damn, that girl needs some anti-aggression treatment...

Nymph cuddling with Tomoki was sweet too
Dec 31, 2019 1:38 AM

Aug 2017
Lusbox said:
1 hour and 10 mins of recap, padded with extra scenes of Hiyori. Nothing really standing out about this movie at all.

5/10, only because i got to see Nymph and Ikaros again.
i agree. Didn't like it much. 5/10 maybe
Aug 12, 2021 10:51 PM

Nov 2010
A interesting way of doing a recap movie. I'm glad a good chunk of it is original stuff.

Kazane Hiyori is so cute both in her normal and zeta form. It's a shame she couldn't be saved. 8/10
Aug 29, 2021 10:29 PM

Sep 2018
Really, it's just a glorified recap movie through the eyes of a side character who doesn't really bring anything new or worthwhile to the table.

Some side chick comes in late, confesses and then dies lol, all in 40 or so minutes. A bit of a joke tbh.... 6/10, just because I like the series and the other characters.
Jul 14, 2022 8:34 AM

Mar 2008
It took over 40 minutes of recap just to get to the main story. . . And if that wasn't bad enough, they fit both of Hiyori's deaths in half an hour. BOTH. And they were both different from the manga. BOTH. Hiyori wasn't even supposed to die in that battle. And then somehow she revives in the final few seconds of the ending credits even though it makes absolutely no sense. Seriously? They even changed her ability. . . Why? And apparently they met in childhood now? Ugh. . . They removed Sugata's meeting with Hiyori in synapse too. This was a freaking train wreck. And it has a rating over 7.5 on MAL. . . Really starting to think that people would literally rate anything 7+ as long as there's tits and panties involved. . . 2/10 for this steaming pile of hot garbage.
QuintessenceJul 14, 2022 9:38 AM
Oct 2, 2022 2:56 PM

Apr 2020
Paul123asdf said:
I have watched the movie but not the original series. I found out that the movie had a recap of everything what happened before in tv series. Is there any point to watch the original tv series now? What stuff was not shown in the movie that had happened before in original?

With your Konata Lucky Star profile picture voice in my mind it's funny reading out your sentences. I don't think those recaps explain anything in detail, it's worth watching the original two seasons.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Aug 1, 2023 1:13 PM

Aug 2022
Plot / story / characters / story telling / soundtrack / voice actors / quality of animations / art / comedy / fan service / .... everything was a masterpiece.... at least for me! 
Thanks to the creators of this anime. I hope they will make more anime like this.
10/10 
Sep 15, 2023 9:28 PM

Dec 2022
Somewhat disappointed with this movie. The first 40 minutes were spent on recap scenes with an occasional interlude of Hiyori saying something or being an onlooker, followed by very conventional and plain interactions between Hiyori and the rest of the characters. Even the comedy was lacking its usual flare, outside of one scene.

Hiyori's deaths were also crammed into the last half hour of the movie, and the lack of communication or interaction between the characters at this point means they spend more time running around blindly than they do progressing the plot in any appreciable capacity. It very much felt like a movie that was just going through the motions of boilerplate tragic storytelling, without ever distinguishing itself and finding its own niche. Hiyori was nice and her death was lamentable, but for such basic observations to be the only things I can take away from watching this speaks volumes about its lack of impact.

I did like the music and visuals, at least. The premise itself has potential as well, but wasn't refined to the extent it should've been, so the movie ended up feeling unpolished. Not terrible, but certainly not good either.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» i want to share with u something ^_^

Idanluz22 - Sep 5, 2014

3 by PzKpfw_VI_Tiger »»
Sep 14, 2019 7:09 AM

» The ending was completely different...

Scootboi - Dec 21, 2013

4 by RX-chan »»
Apr 1, 2019 2:50 PM

» I don't get why it's R 17 on MAL

removed-user - Jan 8, 2018

0 by removed-user »»
Jan 8, 2018 1:23 PM

» After finishing sora no otoshimono first movie, what manga chapter should i read from?

guhthix - Apr 17, 2015

8 by Altairius »»
Apr 17, 2015 7:18 PM

» Another new movie?!

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

2 by Verzweif »»
Oct 23, 2013 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.