Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2012 3:34 AM
Jun 2008
I've glanced through a lot of pages and the honest truth, wishing that any series will die out simply because you hate it is just wrong. While I wish that One Piece and Naruto will end sooner rather then later, I think it would be even sadder if they weren't able to start another series before they retire/"pass away".

Out side of stuff done for "the big three", from what I can tell, both of the creators of these two haven't done anything other then one-shots outside of the major series they are known for. Obata (Death Note, Ayatsuri Sakon, Bakuman) has quite a few series under his belt in comparison. I'm not saying anyone of them is better then the other, but the point I am trying to make is this.

Other mangaka who have made names for themselves have been able to do series outside of the one that made their names big. Shouldn't they have the same chance?
Feb 28, 2012 3:37 AM

Sep 2011
Yemi_Hikari said:
I've glanced through a lot of pages and the honest truth, wishing that any series will die out simply because you hate it is just wrong.
people want it to end not cause they hate it but because at one point they did like it, and as it went on it kept getting milked and milked to the point where it was unbearable, people just want it to end like how they SHOULD have done years ago. no show should go on this long

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 28, 2012 3:53 AM

Jul 2009
I've heard that it's being switched from TV Tokyo to TV Osaka, rather than cancelled........
Feb 28, 2012 4:41 AM
Feb 28, 2012 4:44 AM

Jul 2007
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Yemi_Hikari said:
I've glanced through a lot of pages and the honest truth, wishing that any series will die out simply because you hate it is just wrong.
people want it to end not cause they hate it but because at one point they did like it, and as it went on it kept getting milked and milked to the point where it was unbearable, people just want it to end like how they SHOULD have done years ago. no show should go on this long

Or, to sum up "omygawd, the author did not go in the way I wanted him to !! how horrible!"
Feb 28, 2012 6:42 AM

Dec 2007
Thank God.
Feb 28, 2012 8:18 AM
Apr 2007
Piapia said:
Thank God.

Coincidentally your post was the 366th reply to this topic, and 366 eps in Bleach according to MAL >.<
I wish it wouldn't end!!!
Feb 28, 2012 8:28 AM

Oct 2010
About time now the studio can work on some quality products.
Feb 28, 2012 8:43 AM
Jun 2011
PirateNinja said:

The things they mostly produce are long running series, which tend not to be of high quality.
Hi.
Feb 28, 2012 8:53 AM

Feb 2012
I wonder what anime might take it's place in popularity and such. O.o Maybe Fairy Tail?
Feb 28, 2012 10:13 AM

Feb 2012
Josl said:
DraconisMarch said:

I like how you say it's an ignorant troll post but don't even try to refute it. Sounds like you're just butt hurt.
- 536 episodes: FACT
- 12 years running time: FACT

First of all, why should he take the time to answer to a troll. I mean he could write a paragraph about how the quality of a shonen is not determined by how many "power ups" a character gets but by storytelling, characters and other things and I'm sorry but could you explain to me what kind of point you are trying to make? That One Piece is long? AND?.

The point we tryed - or atleast i tryed to make - was that they made 536 episodes to get back where they started DOOH. If u cant see that than i dont think u pay attention to the anime ur watching :D
U seem to be an OP fan else i dont see the reason u get so mad bro :) , as i stated in my post its my own opinion , and i think i share it with many others , and id really love to see the story telling and the character development in that series , ROFL thats the best joke ever , luffy its still the same as they started the series yelling NAKAMA NAKAMA all the 24 mins , having no clue about the surroundings , sanji gets the usual nose bleeds ( oh forgot now he can die from the nosebleeds) and the others ... hmm oh YES SAME OLD SAME - ; and again this is my personal opinion if u consider this a trolling , than bro ... tell ur imaginary friend to take a break :)
Feb 28, 2012 11:14 AM

Jun 2008
Yet another "Thank God" to add in.

One down for the Big 3! *BANZAI!*

I wonder how many gem quality anime's and manga's were destroyed because fans obsessed over this kinda filler full junk.
Signature Here.
Feb 28, 2012 12:08 PM
Feb 2011
Winternights said:

The point we tryed - or atleast i tryed to make - was that they made 536 episodes to get back where they started DOOH. If u cant see that than i dont think u pay attention to the anime ur watching :D
U seem to be an OP fan else i dont see the reason u get so mad bro :) , as i stated in my post its my own opinion , and i think i share it with many others , and id really love to see the story telling and the character development in that series , ROFL thats the best joke ever , luffy its still the same as they started the series yelling NAKAMA NAKAMA all the 24 mins , having no clue about the surroundings , sanji gets the usual nose bleeds ( oh forgot now he can die from the nosebleeds) and the others ... hmm oh YES SAME OLD SAME - ; and again this is my personal opinion if u consider this a trolling , than bro ... tell ur imaginary friend to take a break :)

How about not talking about OP in a thread not made for this? It just annoys the people. However I felt obligated to answer you and so I did in the spoiler tag. However if you or anyone wishes to respond do it in an appropriate forum.
Feb 28, 2012 12:30 PM

Jul 2007
PirateNinja said:

Yes, like that naruto comedy spin off that is taking over bleach timeslot.

quality stuff, amirite?
Feb 28, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Yemi_Hikari said:

Or, to sum up "omygawd, the author did not go in the way I wanted him to !! how horrible!"
no one, absolutely no one wanted the filler, if you say you did your lying

and i can bet you even more that no one wanted the fights and art to deteriorate over time to the point where he backgrounds and actual fighting were not there, just talking over white or black fills....hell thats a exaggeration ha;lf the time they are not even talking just standing/floating there shocked like this

maybe a sword swing every other chapter and you got what they became

this is why people want it to end, not because of the plot not going the right way
JizzyHitlerFeb 28, 2012 12:45 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 28, 2012 1:54 PM
Jan 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Bleach filler is far, far better than the canon material. So I would much rather the anime team just hijack the story and end it their way.

Fai said:
Yes because its such a ridiculous idea to have a long term plot threads set up as mysteries and its so bad to have an ongoing themes and mysteries through the fictional work </sarcasm>

A lot of fictional works set up elements and foreshadow things long time ago before it happens. Not everything has to be "resolved" with the ending of one story arc and Kubo clearly intentionally left those things unexplained to be relevant latter on.

No, it's ridiculous to have random red herrings and call them "plot threads" or "mysteries". It's only a mystery if there's enough information provided to wonder about plausible answers. Things that are shown or mentioned once offhandedly with no relevance to any current goings-on is not a mystery. Characters having no apparent motivations are not "mysterious", they are "ill-defined". Those elements are also not "foreshadowing", they are occurrences that are retro-fitted into later plots because they were never defined enough to lead into anything.

And yes, things have to be resolved. A story arc is defined as heaving a start, a climax and a conclusion. If an arc is five years long and has very little at its core, there are a few bare-bones expectations that should be met. In the end, after half a decade, we never learned a single thing about Aizen or Urahara, the Soul King, or any of the driving forces behind the plot. The hogyoku is still ill-defined as an object, and we barely know anything about the Visoreds. What exactly was resolved at the end of the Arrancar arc, then? Nothing.

The only things that came to an end in that arc were Tosen and Gin, both of which has absolutely zero development until the chapters immediately prior to their deaths. As characters, they were introduced, sat around doing nothing for years, and then we got very brief and cheap conclusions for both of them. It's sad if you think, based on these goons, that any "unresolved" (aka untouched and borderline irrelevant) threads will be satisfying in their conclusions. They're better off left loose forever.

And don't even mention the Fullbring arc. The fact Kubo can't even establish and resolve a simple, short arc in a competent way cements him as an awful storyteller.

Bleach is bad. It has no overarching story, no thematic elements and no intricate characters, settings or concepts. It is a terrible, terrible series with no payoff.
NyronFeb 28, 2012 2:11 PM
Feb 28, 2012 2:05 PM
Jul 2011
Bleach/D.Grayman/KHR/SoulEater/Deadman/PandoraHearts/AnE/(some others).
Why do all the anime for these shows end, but the manga continues? Manga is so damn boring.
Feb 28, 2012 2:14 PM
Jan 2009
AnimeFtw1 said:
Bleach/D.Grayman/KHR/SoulEater/Deadman/PandoraHearts/AnE/(some others).
Why do all the anime for these shows end, but the manga continues? Manga is so damn boring.

Because the anime are generally bad and are not the source material. The anime you listed are accessories to their respective manga, not the other way around. Learn to read if you want your vapid, generic action series.

i mean god damn, DMWL's anime is awful compared the manga, and the manga is bad to begin with
Feb 28, 2012 2:20 PM

Oct 2009
I didn't expect Bleach to be the first of the "Big Three" to drop. Naruto is next, and probably pretty soon.

And all Luck holds out! One Piece is barely half way there!
Feb 28, 2012 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
incuro said:
I didn't expect Bleach to be the first of the "Big Three" to drop. Naruto is next, and probably pretty soon.
probably, except naruto will be the first to properly end, as in it will be the first to have a legit ending

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 28, 2012 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
Nyron said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Bleach filler is far, far better than the canon material. So I would much rather the anime team just hijack the story and end it their way.

Fai said:
Yes because its such a ridiculous idea to have a long term plot threads set up as mysteries and its so bad to have an ongoing themes and mysteries through the fictional work </sarcasm>

A lot of fictional works set up elements and foreshadow things long time ago before it happens. Not everything has to be "resolved" with the ending of one story arc and Kubo clearly intentionally left those things unexplained to be relevant latter on.

No, it's ridiculous to have random red herrings and call them "plot threads" or "mysteries". It's only a mystery if there's enough information provided to wonder about plausible answers. Things that are shown or mentioned once offhandedly with no relevance to any current goings-on is not a mystery. Characters having no apparent motivations are not "mysterious", they are "ill-defined". Those elements are also not "foreshadowing", they are occurrences that are retro-fitted into later plots because they were never defined enough to lead into anything.

And yes, things have to be resolved. A story arc is defined as heaving a start, a climax and a conclusion. If an arc is five years long and has very little at its core, there are a few bare-bones expectations that should be met. In the end, after half a decade, we never learned a single thing about Aizen or Urahara, the Soul King, or any of the driving forces behind the plot. The hogyoku is still ill-defined as an object, and we barely know anything about the Visoreds. What exactly was resolved at the end of the Arrancar arc, then? Nothing.

The only things that came to an end in that arc were Tosen and Gin, both of which has absolutely zero development until the chapters immediately prior to their deaths. As characters, they were introduced, sat around doing nothing for years, and then we got very brief and cheap conclusions for both of them. It's sad if you think, based on these goons, that any "unresolved" (aka untouched and borderline irrelevant) threads will be satisfying in their conclusions. They're better off left loose forever.

And don't even mention the Fullbring arc. The fact Kubo can't even establish and resolve a simple, short arc in a competent way cements him as an awful storyteller.

Bleach is bad. It has no overarching story, no thematic elements and no intricate characters, settings or concepts. It is a terrible, terrible series with no payoff.

Why are you even watching bleach if you really don't like it.. Because it really seems that you hate it..
Feb 28, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2010
ah finally , it has lasted long enough already
and naruto will probably end when that war ends, atleast i hope so
Feb 28, 2012 3:17 PM
Nov 2010
got mix feelings about Bleach ending.. T__T
Feb 28, 2012 6:18 PM

Oct 2008
Thought they should end the series after the battle against Aizen.. wonder how they're gonna end the anime series...
Feb 28, 2012 6:42 PM

Jul 2007
Rojo said:
Nyron said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Fai said:

Why are you even watching bleach if you really don't like it.. Because it really seems that you hate it..

Wow, Nyron you nailed it! But i think their is a small fanbase out their that just appreciates the action and not the underlying themes, the depth of the bleach universe, characterization and progression of the overarching plot. I for one am not one of those guys, but i guess thats why alot of people like bleach cause you have to admit, the fights are still awesome. But that is really all it has going for it.

Back on the subject matter, how come the main page says 267 is set to air April 3rd. Are you sure that bleach is ending on 266?
ArtimesGamerFeb 28, 2012 6:54 PM

Feb 28, 2012 6:57 PM

Jul 2010
Rumor is that bleach anime will go on a hiatus ( unconfirmed of how long..atm untill after final arc is finished on manga ) and came back with its final arc with no fillers as its final season
Feb 28, 2012 7:23 PM

Dec 2009
Thank god, fillers and incredibly slow pacing are the death of the longer animes. Gintama did the right thing by taking a hiatus; Bleach and Naruto fillers are so awful that I can't even force myself to watch them. If Bleach does come back for the final arc after the manga is done, it would be pretty sweet.
Feb 28, 2012 11:40 PM

Nov 2008
This is great news. Not because I hate Bleach, but the break will give the producers to sit back and look at what they are doing. The manga won't be ending for another two years, at least (imo), so I think it will be back before then, but maybe with better direction and a little less filler, which just detracts from the... story.

Feb 29, 2012 4:55 AM

Feb 2012
Josl ,since u cant understand the whole meaning about what ive said ill explain it short;
What i meant there is that the story that has been provided to us watchers is almost inexistent for 530+ episodes , its almost like the whole series its a mass of fillers. if u take from where they started and where they are u can see that u can put it in less than 100 episodes and the rest are fillers. The rest u wrote there its honestly some trash that we could argue 5000 pages and still have no result cause we got different approach of the story wiew. And yes read the meaning of "Trolling" and "Dooh" and after u can see that u try to look smart based on stupidity. ^.^ laterz
Feb 29, 2012 2:57 PM
Apr 2010
kurosaki1927 said:
Rumor is that bleach anime will go on a hiatus ( unconfirmed of how long..atm untill after final arc is finished on manga ) and came back with its final arc with no fillers as its final season

This is the best thing to do.
Feb 29, 2012 3:14 PM

Jan 2011
Hahahahaha... Wait.

Seriously? It's not trolling? Just fucking got my birthday gift.
Feb 29, 2012 3:40 PM

Sep 2008
Bleach is not coming to an end, yet!! (Or so it seems)

"The season began airing on October 11, 2011 on TV Tokyo and is scheduled to end its run in TV Tokyo on March 27, 2012. It will then start airing new episodes on TV Osaka. "

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bleach_episodes_(season_16)

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Feb 29, 2012 3:49 PM
Jan 2009
I'm going to miss Bleach. I really hope it comes back soon.
Feb 29, 2012 5:59 PM
Jan 2011
Tensai-Kun said:

"The season began airing on October 11, 2011 on TV Tokyo and is scheduled to end its run in TV Tokyo on March 27, 2012. It will then start airing new episodes on TV Osaka. "

Source:

Episode 367 is also written their with title "Goodbye to Our Xcution"
"Gubbai to Awa Ekusukyūshon" (グッバイ トゥ アワ エクスキューション) " for the 3rd of April. So it seems, that Bleach will NOT end
Feb 29, 2012 9:00 PM

Jul 2007
ShanaFreak89 said:
Tensai-Kun said:

Source:

"Gubbai to Awa Ekusukyūshon" (グッバイ トゥ アワ エクスキューション) " for the 3rd of April. So it seems, that Bleach will NOT end

I know thats what i said, i guess MAL's information was wrong.

But then again ANN has never been wrong

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-23/bleach-tv-anime-ending-on-march-27

Feb 29, 2012 11:06 PM

Sep 2008
Damn it! I hate when series do this! They stop the anime but continue the manga?! Bullcrap!! I really hope they don't do it the way of Katekyo Hitman was screwed!
Feb 29, 2012 11:19 PM

Jun 2011
Bleach is really coming to the end in March? Weird. Manga seem continue bleach still, ithink. Bleach anime seem too fast for me. *sniffs* goodbye bleach.
Mar 1, 2012 6:30 AM

Aug 2011
ShanaFreak89 said:
Tensai-Kun said:

Source:

Because wikipedia is 100% reliable and can't be edited by anyone and their dog...
Mar 1, 2012 6:43 AM

Feb 2012
mitch3315 said:
ShanaFreak89 said:
Tensai-Kun said:

Source:

Because wikipedia is 100% reliable and can't be edited by anyone and their dog...

autism?
Mar 1, 2012 8:18 AM

Apr 2010
TV Osaka is mainly a rerun channel. They're not going to be doing new episodes of Bleach on there.
RyanSaotomeMar 1, 2012 8:24 AM

Mar 1, 2012 8:40 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm I just check MAL says 366 but turns out 367 o_O.
Mar 1, 2012 8:50 AM

Apr 2010
Plus the fact that Studio Pierrot themselves haven't made any kind of announcement to clarify the misunderstandings after all of this leads one to believe it is truly over... even the anime director is suggesting it is on his twitter. People need to stop holding onto false hope.

Mar 1, 2012 9:01 AM

Mar 2011
My favorite anime Bleach is the best ever

I cried when I read this NEWs

I've always loved bleach, do not imagine my life without Ichigo View
Mar 1, 2012 12:33 PM

Aug 2009
Anime_Freak_0101 said:
Hmm I just check MAL says 366 but turns out 367 o_O.

TV Osaka has Bleach 367 in their schedule at 3rd April 2012 http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491
TV Tokyo won't broadcast that last episode of Fullbring Arc, but Osaka will so it's possible the anime won't end now. And Pierrot didn't announce anything about cancelling the show, so...
Mar 1, 2012 2:46 PM
Oct 2010
Those stupid Fillers ruined Bleach for me, but somehow i still luv the main story-line XD.
Hope they just take a break because the anime catched up with the manga to fast, otherwise it would be pretty f*ck up
Mar 1, 2012 10:28 PM

Oct 2010
I thought that it would really end finally, turns out that the story isn't even finished yet.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Mar 1, 2012 11:32 PM

Jan 2012
Should have been ended last year.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 2, 2012 2:02 AM
Feb 2009
Finally they made a good decision after they aired the first 50 episodes of epicness... and another 50 later.... to STOP BULLSHIT FILLER (the other 250 episodes + nonsense talking + flashbacks) and maybe do a good story later..... They could do it earlier....
Mar 2, 2012 7:45 AM

Jul 2011
So many stupid hate posts in this thread...

I actually liked this news, as I was hoping the anime would take a break instead having fillers.
I would really, really, really like if they would do something à la "Brotherhood", but I guess even just the last arc without fillers would still be cool.
Mar 2, 2012 8:19 AM

Mar 2010
Well, this is not quite the hate festival I expected, that's nice.
I like bleach and would rather watch fillers than nothing and nobody's forcing anybody to watch them!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

6 by Unleashed_SM »»
8 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

2 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

9 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.