Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 31, 2012 2:56 AM
Dec 2007
Still the best anime out there (except maybe for Chihayafuru & Natsume) and summer's not even started.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 31, 2012 3:40 AM

Jan 2008
Omg that was the real scene in HOTD? I thought it was just some random zombie show!
Jan 31, 2012 4:00 AM

Aug 2009
Oh lol, HOTD. Nice episode.
I guess next episode will have more of Tetsurou, Kanna and Mio. Can't waaaait~ I love the drama of one-sided loves.
Jan 31, 2012 6:26 AM
Jan 2012
Without a doubt the best series this season, and actually the only one to get better by every episode. And as mentioned many times before; the Toradora vibe is strong in this one.

I'm loving how Rinon adds so much with so little. The knife drop, trying on panties, rolling around on cans etc. And then we have Remon with her people skills, she thinks it and it happens. Keikaku doori.

I have no qualms with IchikaxKaito, but man both Tetsurou and Kanna are swell persons and if anything I'd like to see them two hitting it off in case Kaito doesn't hit his head and realises Kanna wants him.

Next weeks episode seems interesting, with the filmshooting starting. Another week's wait, gah.
Jan 31, 2012 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
onzeedge said:
I have no qualms with IchikaxKaito, but man both Tetsurou and Kanna are swell persons and if anything I'd like to see them two hitting it off in case Kaito doesn't hit his head and realises Kanna wants him.
Hmmmmmmmmmm, am I the only one who worries of Mio in all this? She looks like she knows and holds out a lot inside but yet understands the most Tetsurou of all people.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 31, 2012 7:10 AM

Sep 2009
> He should. Because childhood friend pretty much always loses to new girl in romance. :P

Nani? In 90% cases ossannajimi wins. Especially then protag and "new girl" start dating in the middle of еорук series. So I hope for opposite. i could post a lot of examples ;)
Jan 31, 2012 7:33 AM

Apr 2011
So things are just getting heated up for them. Can't wait to see how this'll end. Oh and how I love this anime. :D
Jan 31, 2012 8:41 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode, Rinon is so cute lol.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 31, 2012 9:49 AM
Jan 2011
SensouNoKami said:
Good episode, Rinon is so cute lol.
Looking forward to the next episode.

Yesss
Jan 31, 2012 10:36 AM

Jun 2008
Original tv anime!
Jan 31, 2012 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
Alright normally i would not say anything about the fact that the steering wheel is on the wrong side in a Japanese car since i know they drive on the wrong side of the road but this time i have to.
The car Manami was driving was Triumph TR5 which is a British car and in the UK they also drive on the wrong side of the road.
So since it's a British car the steering wheel should be on the left side just like in Japanese cars yet in this case it was on the left side.
Speaking of which in Australia they also drive on the wrong side of the road what's it with Islands and driving on the wrong side of the road?

Manami seems like a interesting figure tho she also appears to be spoiled i mean having a intense fight over a episode of a series he deleted.
And even running away isn't that way to childish of a woman of her age.
Seems her husband has his hands full with her.

I also liked the High school of Dead reference making it looks like a movie is a nice idea.
Jan 31, 2012 10:46 AM

Feb 2009
HotD! :D
First I didn't understand how they were connected but apparently they are both productions by Sentai Filmworks.

And omg, finally summer begins.
Jan 31, 2012 11:08 AM

Nov 2010
Great episode. loved every second of it. ^^
Jan 31, 2012 11:17 AM

May 2008
great episode so its finally getting started now oooo wonder what will happen...
Jan 31, 2012 11:32 AM

Sep 2010
mikado34 said:
The story is very good and the characters are likable, though Ichika being an alien still ruins it for me. When did she have time to study herself? She's an alien and she's good at English and math already, even tutoring Kaito. Oh anime logic :P

Tetsurou's sister XD
And HOTD haha

This sums it up....
Jan 31, 2012 11:44 AM

Dec 2009
hgeronimo said:
Great episode. loved every second of it. ^^

Enough said.

I love this show.
Jan 31, 2012 12:07 PM

Mar 2011
I`m sure they won`t end up together in the end ..
Jan 31, 2012 1:31 PM

Jul 2010
They're right. Kanna is only digging herself deeper by saying Kaito should be there for Ichika. I'm still rooting for Kanna, even though it's a pretty slim chance as always. =(

I love how Ichika got all angry when she saw Kaito with his acquaintance (Tetsurou's sister). She naturally totally misunderstood. Funny seeing them going to Highschool of the Dead. Naturally, it's by the same artist.

Now summer vacation is starting. Shit's about to get real from here on. Hearts will be broken for sure.

Jan 31, 2012 2:00 PM

May 2009
If this turns into extreme melodrama bullshit like Ano Hana. So help me...
Jan 31, 2012 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
g-rabe said:
Do the characters say Remon instead of Lemon because Japanese people have a problem with saying their 'Ls', or is her nickname really Remon?
Im confused.

Her name 「檸檬」 means Lemon (as in the fruit). Doesn't matter either way.
Jan 31, 2012 2:33 PM

Jun 2011
I fcking love Remon, lol
Overal was good, finally the summer is beggining!
Jan 31, 2012 3:12 PM

Jun 2008
looks like the real story is gonna start from here, all these episodes so far just seem like setup to lay the groundwork for the characters

JC staff don't let me down!!
Jan 31, 2012 3:13 PM

Dec 2011
Aversa said:
Alright normally i would not say anything about the fact that the steering wheel is on the wrong side in a Japanese car since i know they drive on the wrong side of the road but this time i have to.
The car Manami was driving was Triumph TR5 which is a British car and in the UK they also drive on the wrong side of the road.
So since it's a British car the steering wheel should be on the left side just like in Japanese cars yet in this case it was on the left side.
Speaking of which in Australia they also drive on the wrong side of the road what's it with Islands and driving on the wrong side of the road?

Manami seems like a interesting figure tho she also appears to be spoiled i mean having a intense fight over a episode of a series he deleted.
And even running away isn't that way to childish of a woman of her age.
Seems her husband has his hands full with her.

I also liked the High school of Dead reference making it looks like a movie is a nice idea.

Haha its you guys that drive on the wrong side of the road!and the upside is that we get all the high performance imports from Japan. :)
Jan 31, 2012 3:16 PM

Sep 2010
That feel when Tanigawa won't win.
Your best friend's sister is DTF and you be a prude. Kaito, you're a girly loser man.
Fuck yeah, HotD.
Jan 31, 2012 3:57 PM

Dec 2011
AngelicFeces said:
Your best friend's sister is DTF and you be a prude. Kaito, you're a girly loser man.
Fuck yeah, HotD.

thats SOUNDS all good until your best friend smashes your teeth in because you slept with his MARRIED sister!

I think she was just teasing him for fun.
Jan 31, 2012 4:33 PM

May 2011
g-rabe said:
AngelicFeces said:
Fuck yeah, HotD.

thats SOUNDS all good until your best friend smashes your teeth in because you slept with his MARRIED sister!

I think she was just teasing him for fun.

Yeah I pretty much think that too. Women like her often flirt with guys they have no real interest in to get a response. It makes them feel better about themselves when your acting all awkward around them because they know you find them attractive looking. She feels safe doing this with Kaito cause she knows Kaito won't do anything. If Kaito wanted it to stop he should actually come on to her and say "yes" to a few of her silly flirt moments. The fear in doing that is that she would actually be willing to go all the way. You'd be really fucked if that happens, literally and figuratively.

Tomodachi5 said:
Another awesome episode. Unfortunately the last couple lines in this episode made me sad because I have a feeling Ichika is gonna have to end up leaving and Kaito will be stuck waiting for her. I love how Tetsurou is rooting for Kanna and Kaito but Kanna is rooting for Ichika and Kaito. I hope Tetsurou and Kanna get together and Kaito and Ichika get together! but then Mio is lonely :(

Yeah the ending narrative does seem a bit troubling. It sounds like we might be in for a ToraDora like ride. I hope there's more than one coupling by the end. There is 4 girls and 2 guys. So, unless we see some unlikely yuri action, there's going to be at least one girl striking out.

I just hope to god there isn't a illness or death among the group. I like them all too much at this point.
CirrisJan 31, 2012 6:29 PM
Jan 31, 2012 5:34 PM

Jul 2010
Wait, so everything will start now? :O i cant imagine it.JUST GIVE ME NEXT EPISODE.
Ichika is officialy my favourite character of this show :3
Jan 31, 2012 5:42 PM

Nov 2011
Another awesome episode. Unfortunately the last couple lines in this episode made me sad because I have a feeling Ichika is gonna have to end up leaving and Kaito will be stuck waiting for her. I love how Tetsurou is rooting for Kanna and Kaito but Kanna is rooting for Ichika and Kaito. I hope Tetsurou and Kanna get together and Kaito and Ichika get together! but then Mio is lonely :(
Jan 31, 2012 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
Nice pre-OP part, she just left in silence! lol
And as everyone mentioned, HOTD was funny. xD

But status quo got back? They'll forget the declaration? I sure hope that this summer that will finally comes, the title summer, get things moving now! But this epi was kinda good.
Jan 31, 2012 7:07 PM
Oct 2009
Is Kanna giving up?

Still feel kinda weird that they air a "summer" show during wintertime. :|
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Jan 31, 2012 7:09 PM

Jul 2009
JintanKaitoxKanna please.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 31, 2012 8:18 PM
Jan 2012
I do not like seeing Girl C cry in the preview :(
Jan 31, 2012 8:32 PM

Oct 2010
exs120 said:
I don't like it either and am with you. This might turn ugly. This really did alarm me. Something is up and drama is for sure among them.

Jan 31, 2012 8:41 PM
Sep 2011
I like Kaito x Kanna too, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Anyway, this episode needed more Remon, but it was fairly enjoyable nonetheless.
Jan 31, 2012 9:10 PM
Jan 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
exs120 said:
I don't like it either and am with you. This might turn ugly. This really did alarm me. Something is up and drama is for sure among them.

I didn't find those looking like tears of sorrow, but rather I'm guessing they're filming, seeing how they sound really overly dramatic as well. Or, Tetsurou charmed the tears out with some sort of pep-talk or even confession ;)
Jan 31, 2012 9:15 PM
Jan 2012
onzeedge said:
Yumekichi11 said:
exs120 said:

I didn't find those looking like tears of sorrow, but rather I'm guessing they're filming, seeing how they sound really overly dramatic as well. Or, Tetsurou charmed the tears out with some sort of pep-talk or even confession ;)

Well, we know they like trolling...
Jan 31, 2012 9:17 PM

Oct 2008
Just marathoned the first 4 episodes and I'm sure liking it a lot more than I had anticipated.
I love Kaito's and Ichika's delusions! All the characters are likeable and I love their interactions so far!
Kaito x Ichika! Ichika and Remon have particularly grown on me.

So far, the setup episodes have been well executed and the creators have done a good job developping the characters, allowing the viewers to invest and attach into them.

Now, the hard part... the execution of then next 8 episodes will determine whether this will be a complete disappointment like AnoHana, or whether will it be my favourite romantic comedy anime.

Side Note: I got burned hard on AnoHana, it was 10 episodes of great buildup and emotional tension and they completely blew the finale... It was 24 minutes of all the characters crying and suddenly unloading why they were all so angsty one after the other like a plot dump... It was, to put it nicely, extremely poorly done... I still cringe at that... AnoHana 11 is the epitome of pure disappointment.
OmniknightJan 31, 2012 9:25 PM
Jan 31, 2012 9:23 PM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Tomodachi5 said:
Still IMO Kanna being with Kaito could solve the problem. Do you know what did you just hit? A possible condition that can make Kanna win. If Kaito had to choose between Kanna and seeing Ichika/Ichika but not seeing her again and problem with Kanna, which would he choose? That is the question and complications of it to see.

It does give out a rather nasty consequence. As such the Mr. Mr.A and Ms. B/C was brilliant to be told like that.

Kai being with Kanna does solve the problem but it's a one sided love thing (Kanna likes Kai and Kai doesn't) Then Tetsurou could be with Mio but Mio likes Tetsurou and Tetsurou doesn't. No matter who the characters pick in the end someones gonna be sad or heart broken and hey, we all go through that experience in life. I see Kai and Ichika as the best couple because they both really do like each other even though they deny it. The way I see all these people (Mio, Tetsurou and Kanna) are pushing each other to make two people (Ichika and Kai) who share the same feelings with each other be happy since they won't be able to get with the person they truly like.

If that makes any sense. I honestly have no idea what I just wrote.
Jan 31, 2012 9:35 PM

Oct 2010
Tomodachi5 said:
Still IMO Kanna being with Kaito could solve the problem. Do you know what did you just hit? A possible condition that can make Kanna win. If Kaito had to choose between Kanna and seeing Ichika/Ichika but not seeing her again and problem with Kanna, which would he choose? That is the question and complications of it to see.

It does give out a rather nasty consequence. As such the Mr. Mr.A and Ms. B/C was brilliant to be told like that.
onzeedge said:
Yumekichi11 said:
exs120 said:

It would be interesting indeed to see if it's like that or how much of it is real and not fake.
Tomodachi5 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Tomodachi5 said:

Kai being with Kanna does solve the problem but it's a one sided love thing (Kanna likes Kai and Kai doesn't) Then Tetsurou could be with Mio but Mio likes Tetsurou and Tetsurou doesn't. No matter who the characters pick in the end someones gonna be sad or heart broken and hey, we all go through that experience in life. I see Kai and Ichika as the best couple because they both really do like each other even though they deny it. The way I see all these people (Mio, Tetsurou and Kanna) are pushing each other to make two people (Ichika and Kai) who share the same feelings with each other be happy since they won't be able to get with the person they truly like.

If that makes any sense. I honestly have no idea what I just wrote.
I agree with you and sadly there may be one girl that is badly hurt in thee end. Suffice to say I cannot wait to see how Ichika is going to overcome her alien part of it.
Yumekichi11Jan 31, 2012 9:38 PM

Jan 31, 2012 9:38 PM

Sep 2008
Another great episode.
Jan 31, 2012 9:59 PM

Apr 2010
High School of the Dead. LOL.
Jan 31, 2012 10:27 PM

Jul 2009
When I watched the first episode, I didn't think I was going to enjoy this series very much, but now I just love how laid back it is. It's refreshing.

I like all the characters, but i don't know which pairings I like yet! D:
Feb 1, 2012 12:36 AM

Aug 2009
Wutttttt, so this show's finally going somewhere?
Feb 1, 2012 12:49 AM

Jun 2010
I can see the ending.... SCHOOL DAYS!

LOL at Highschool of the Dead..
Feb 1, 2012 1:00 AM

Dec 2011
sugarcane said:
Is Kanna giving up?

Still feel kinda weird that they air a "summer" show during wintertime. :|

well it feels alright here. its the middle of summer here in Oz so it doesnt feel out of place.
Feb 1, 2012 1:07 AM

Dec 2011
Omniknight said:
Just marathoned the first 4 episodes and I'm sure liking it a lot more than I had anticipated.
I love Kaito's and Ichika's delusions! All the characters are likeable and I love their interactions so far!
Kaito x Ichika! Ichika and Remon have particularly grown on me.

So far, the setup episodes have been well executed and the creators have done a good job developping the characters, allowing the viewers to invest and attach into them.

Now, the hard part... the execution of then next 8 episodes will determine whether this will be a complete disappointment like AnoHana, or whether will it be my favourite romantic comedy anime.

Side Note: I got burned hard on AnoHana, it was 10 episodes of great buildup and emotional tension and they completely blew the finale... It was 24 minutes of all the characters crying and suddenly unloading why they were all so angsty one after the other like a plot dump... It was, to put it nicely, extremely poorly done... I still cringe at that... AnoHana 11 is the epitome of pure disappointment.

are you serious. I was crying like a little schoolgirl in that last episode of Ano hana!

you could tell from the halfway point of Ano hana that it was gonna be one of those bittersweet rip your-heart-out-and-stomp-it-in-the-dirt kind of shows.

i put money on the fact that this is gonna have a lot of weepy moments toward the end.
Feb 1, 2012 2:47 AM

Jun 2011
Lol the interactions between Ichika and Rinon is just hilarious, also LOL at HOTD
Feb 1, 2012 3:56 AM
Jun 2008
The "Tamiya" reference bring back a lot of good memory from the past.I use to play it very often.

Rinon is very cute today .

I felt like everything I watched is just Prolouge when I watch the ending narration

Tetsurou died next episode? lol I dunno is the true or not.
Feb 1, 2012 11:24 AM

Jan 2012
Lol Renon xD

Feb 1, 2012 1:04 PM

Jul 2010
Alright, I honestly am not a BIG fan of the show. It's alright though. I'm waiting for the next episodes, they seem a lot better.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.