Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2011 5:01 PM

May 2011
nelsonbrabra said:
am i the only one who like this anime. shu is a pussy but the anime still good.

Sorry but you are wrong. No human can actually think this anime is still good. You are purely enjoying the fanservice and therefore finding the show entertaining, but that doesn't make it good.

My awesome explanation ends here, you are welcome~
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 1, 2011 5:08 PM

Apr 2009
unnecessary fanservice? really? this show has good female character designs that attract the otakus.. there's bound to be one beach episode somewhere.. nowadays, you shouldn't even be complaining about fanservice.. heck, had there been none of these i'd be even more surprised (although it could've earned my praise if so)..

but in any case, the episode really isn't outstanding either.. i have no complaints about Shu being a loser or a pussy but i don't understand what's happening between his relationship with Inori or what he thinks towards her.. it seems the NTR-ish stuff that happened earlier has been invalidated without them explaining on how Shu has resolved it inside his mind.. and the drama about his friend could've been presented better because i felt it to be forced somehow..
but in any case, i hope all the foreshadowing they've been doing would bear fruit soon.. so far, all i've been seeing is a facade of the show which is kinda entertaining but not breaking any ground either.. i hope that when they get into the plot, they'd do something..

nelsonbrabra said:
don't listen to them.. if you like the anime and it's still good for you (on your scale of what is good), go ahead and enjoy this anime.. you might be rewarded in the end (or disappointed, i don't know).. speak up the good points you see that are otherwise ignored because we long-time watchers keep on nitpicking all the bad stuff we find because all the bulk of things we've watched have blinded our sense for simple enjoyment.. heck, on the current scale i'm setting my scores on, i think this is a good anime.. (although on another scale i use for this certain club, i think it just isn't..)
argiliumDec 1, 2011 5:22 PM
Dec 1, 2011 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
nelsonbrabra said:

i think the anime is alright, it just feels like its lacking something, a lot of things that would make this anime epic and that there are a few problems for example shu not being main character material, i dont think the fanservice is a problem i just think its a little unneeded hell HOTD has tons of fanservice but it is still badass and epic,
Dec 1, 2011 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
The only thing good about this episode was the delicious artwork after credits.
Dec 1, 2011 5:11 PM

Mar 2008
Tsumugi and Ayase are the only reasons I'm still watching Guilty Crown and I am more than pleased with this episode. When will I get a Tsumugi episode? ;_; Another Ayase episode would be nice too...

Dec 1, 2011 5:40 PM

Apr 2010
Well, fanservice episode is fanservice episode. At least we had some character history development, making it better than the average fanservice episode... But a little.

And Ayase is as cool as ever.
Dec 1, 2011 5:47 PM

May 2010
The feelings are so...forced and fake
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 1, 2011 6:06 PM

Nov 2010
Im developing a numbness towards this anime, as a stage when I dont even see it worthy of brief focus and pointing out what I dislike. Probably all of us has some hidden credit for stuff we dislike, so it can redeem itself and grab it, but I think mine's being snuffed out now.
Dec 1, 2011 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
Needed more bath scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2011 6:48 PM

Dec 2010
Shu.. just how shameful you are?

Boring episode i think... The interesting part maybe that mysterious 'keido' guy.
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Dec 1, 2011 7:13 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm, so it still sucked even though the beach stuff only took half the episode. Shu still pisses me off, he's just like Renton from Eureka Seven. Why can't Production I.G. get their shit right? At least troll us like Sunrise and Geass R2 and make it at least somewhat entertaining but no...you guys can't even do that right. Ayase,Tsugumi you guys are in the wrong show.

Hell, i'd rather watch Shinn Asuka blame Orb for everything than watch Guilty Crown.

2/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Dec 1, 2011 7:25 PM

May 2011
webkid94 said:
Hmm, so it still sucked even though the beach stuff only took half the episode. Shu still pisses me off, he's just like Renton from Eureka Seven. Why can't Production I.G. get their shit right? At least troll us like Sunrise and Geass R2 and make it at least somewhat entertaining but no...you guys can't even do that right. Ayase,Tsugumi you guys are in the wrong show.

Hell, i'd rather watch Shinn Asuka blame Orb for everything than watch Guilty Crown.

2/5

Overall rating still 6/10. :/
Dec 1, 2011 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
[Hate More! Hate More! This Will Be The Most Commented Series Very Soon If you Hate More!]

[In Fact, Let Me Join The Party! It's So Fun! aHahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 1, 2011 8:11 PM

Oct 2011
:O Judging from the ratings distribution, it looks like a portion of the fans are actually starting to give it the ratings it deserves.

it went from

to

People are startin to wake up.
Dec 1, 2011 8:17 PM

Jun 2011
Seriously why are they trying to push this horrible Shu x Inori relationship i mean this romance is just trash. I would rather Shu looked Ayase way she is a much much better character, i did talk alot of crap about Ayase when she first got used in the Shu and Kenji Kido prison rescue for being some mindless Gai fangirl but when Shu joined funeral parlor she actualy became a real character. So yeah would rather Shu looked her way or they do something with the 2 of them
Inori is a horrible character i mean talk about souless boring and nothing but some bitch tool, there is just to much wrong with her to be bothered to list just no really. Hell i would even rather Shu go for Hare than Inori.

Other stuff to talk down about this episode but just to much effort.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 1, 2011 8:23 PM

Oct 2011
I think that Shu x Gai has more chemistry than Shu x Inori.
Dec 1, 2011 8:28 PM
Jan 2011
Ugh. This anime did NOT need the freaking fanservice. I just went and skipped those parts. Annoying.
The most funniest part about the fanservice part? The creators said they are aiming at a YOUNGER audience. So why the hell are they adding in fanservice for? Do young people enjoy fanservice? OF COURSE NOT! What the hell? A good, epic anime will NOT resort to fanservice in order to 'spice' up themselves; I know of other animes which has no fanservice and it's still good. Even those with fanservice do better in terms of storyline and character development!
Well, the only good part of this episode... there is some sort of character development and the birthday boy having no one to celebrate his birthday with. 8D
Random. Yeah. Wait you expected me to HAVE a signature or something?
Dec 1, 2011 8:33 PM

Aug 2010
Shu needs to stop being beta
Dec 1, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
yeah...... Damn don't be an idiot and choose your IDOL. like the great Ami once said. you cannot become with someone you only admire...... something of that nature.

MORE AYASE IS NEEDED!!!!!!!

and Tsugumi is 14 O.o really?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 1, 2011 8:46 PM

Oct 2011
Oh god Shu... The humiliation... Can you not act like a dumb ass for once? Contain your stupidity please. I can barely stop myself from skipping those scenes.

Other than that, 'kay episode. 3/5
Dec 1, 2011 8:48 PM

Oct 2011
Hajimeru_Rinko said:
Ugh. This anime did NOT need the freaking fanservice. I just went and skipped those parts. Annoying.
The most funniest part about the fanservice part? The creators said they are aiming at a YOUNGER audience. So why the hell are they adding in fanservice for? Do young people enjoy fanservice? OF COURSE NOT! What the hell? A good, epic anime will NOT resort to fanservice in order to 'spice' up themselves; I know of other animes which has no fanservice and it's still good. Even those with fanservice do better in terms of storyline and character development!
Well, the only good part of this episode... there is some sort of character development and the birthday boy having no one to celebrate his birthday with. 8D

more fanservice = more love pillow, boob pads, and tenga sales
derp
Dec 1, 2011 8:53 PM

Aug 2011
Fanservice..... ugghh
Episode was going great till Shu pulled dick move.... when will he learn?
BROS BEFORE HOES
Dec 1, 2011 9:22 PM

Aug 2011
HOLY SHIT. Is that... a plot I see trying to develop? Just starting at episode 8??

Someone already totally predicted a beach scene coming. Gotta do every stereotype in the book.

Gratuitous Haruka boobs in Shu's face--complete with taint shot.

Hare in an even sluttier bikini than Inori--complete with enormous boobs against arm.

Why are these girls all over Shu? He's literally a skinny stick dude with no physique at all.

I like how this facility houses an obviously super-important artifact, but is garded by almost nothing. There weren't even any... what do they call them?... it's been so long since I heard their name for them that I can't even remember... whatever. Mecha.

Sky-senpai said:
Shu needs to stop being beta

LOL agreed.

Wasabi said:
I like how Shu has zero problem with dragging a completely innocent person like Souta into a mission then throws a hissy fit when Gai mentions using Inori in the same op. Guy's priorities are all out of whack.

And this whole dramatic relationship between him and Souta just came out of no where. We've seen Souta how many times? Not even enough to fill one full episode and yet they're pushing it like we're suppose to give a rat's ass about it.

I can't believe they're seriously trying to push this silly little romance too. Gonna be a whole lot of eye rolling if they turn this into some full fledged love triangle with Hare.

At least this Keido angle is somewhat interesting. I'm assuming the rock is the source of the Apocalypse virus, and the GHQ is probably using it for weapons experimentation or something.

Good thing there wasn't any dual wielding Inori. That scene is still cringe worthy to remember.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. BTW: It's because Shu is Inori's bitch, obviously.

mdz said:
Guilty Crown is amazing at developing characters using excessive fan service, it's really amazing.

Now Inori is basically being portrayed as being apathetic. Most apathetic chicks are mysterious and they're pretty complex characters, right? Not her, with the excessive fan service and her apathy, I can restfully conclude that she's being excellently portrayed as a submissive sex slave.

This episode was truly the epitome of development and characterization.

2/5

+1.

Matron_Laylie said:
Was awesome fan service!
sol0fate said:
The only thing good about this episode was the delicious artwork after credits.
GodlyKyon said:
[Hate More! Hate More! This Will Be The Most Commented Series Very Soon If you Hate More!]

[In Fact, Let Me Join The Party! It's So Fun! aHahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

People like you make me weep for humanity.

ideoidiom said:
:O Judging from the ratings distribution, it looks like a portion of the fans are actually starting to give it the ratings it deserves.

it went from

to

People are startin to wake up.

Thank God.
Dec 1, 2011 9:32 PM
Dec 2009
guess i'm still asleep o.o
personally i liked this episode, i find shu, "normal" or ways a person would normally act if the girl is their first love
glad his relationships with others are coming to a conclusion than prolonging it to several episodes
tag©.androgynous
Dec 1, 2011 9:32 PM

Apr 2010
lol episode skipped
Dec 1, 2011 10:50 PM

Feb 2009
quality fanservice in a otherwise disappointing epd.
Dec 1, 2011 11:41 PM

Sep 2011
in this episode, i -surprisingly- was hella bored ._.
i hope ep 9 will be more interesting tho

i want more of Kido Kenji in the next episodes tbh *is biased* lol
Dec 1, 2011 11:56 PM
Feb 2009
damnnnn!@@
Dec 2, 2011 12:05 AM

Dec 2010
Probably the worst episode so far; but i tend to be more lenient then most so I'll say it was average instead of all the people saying it was garbage; but in all truth this episode really wasn't needed... i mean the fanservice beach cliche simply added to their already huge mountain of cliches; the only thing that i found useful in this episode was the ending as it made me wonder who that old man was and what was the rock for that matter but aside from that it was really slow and predictable. I really hope they pick it up with the plot next episode because i still stand by my initial impression of the show and that is that it has a lot of potential; was it over hyped perhaps but i still think that when all the "twists" are revealed it will turn out to be much better than what people think of it now.
Dec 2, 2011 12:07 AM
Mar 2009
...what.

A beach, fanservice-filled episode already? Especially when Haruka said, "Go pay your father a visit."

At least the BGM that started playing when Shu discovered he likes women was sort of funny. I made out the lyrics to be something like, "No mercy, no mercy..."

Huh? Why does Shu flip the fuck out (again) when Gai mentions Inori will be part of the operation? She probably has way more combat experience than Shu here...and he has no qualms of Souta in it even though he's one of his only friends in school. Right....

Hmm, Arisa has completely fallen for Gai?

Daryl's got a bitchy dad.

Holy shit! Shu grew balls! Leading on his buddy and then cockblocking the sucker's confession with his own (somewhat).

Whoa, this Keido guy is brutal. The thing he was holding seemed like what gave Shu his Void powers.

Once again, Gai shows us he can see the Voids within people. Explain already damnit.

So, we get introduced to a single new character that seems pivotal to the plot. Great............
Dec 2, 2011 12:25 AM

May 2010
The beach(plus the bath scene) is awesome along with some revelation of Darly and Ouma dad's !!
Dec 2, 2011 12:51 AM
Aug 2011
I hope this episode is the turning point to the show finding it's groove. Or maybe this is just the bottom of this insanely un-ploted roller coaster. Inori is my... lulz I wonder if she even caught on just a little. Doubt it.
Dec 2, 2011 1:08 AM

Jul 2011
ChronosXIII said:
Once again, Gai shows us he can see the Voids within people. Explain already damnit.

More bothered with him always knowing everything then just what voids people have. Seems like a really weak way to keep things moving and avoid ever having to explain anything. Even Lelouch wasn't omniscient.
Dec 2, 2011 1:17 AM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Also AHAHA loser at the spoiler
no one will come to this guy's birthday after he killed a woman whose kid was right in front her. Little shit head kid.

But I actually felt sorry for him xD I know, he's an evil psycho but at least he's interesting!

ideoidiom said:

Now that you mention it...! °w°
KamitsukaseroDec 2, 2011 1:21 AM
[.center] [./center]
Dec 2, 2011 1:43 AM

Oct 2010
ChronosXIII said:
Hey, even Gai needs his bitch.
ChronosXIII said:
Whoa, this Keido guy is brutal. The thing he was holding seemed like what gave Shu his Void powers.
Hence why I can't wait to see Evil Shu!
ChronosXIII said:
So, we get introduced to a single new character that seems pivotal to the plot. Great............
You missed the nice slutty girl with Daryl's father on the first page. There was no intro but she may play a huge role in the future episodes.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 2, 2011 2:17 AM

Jun 2009
Disgusting....!
1/10
IZUMI64Dec 2, 2011 2:21 AM
Dec 2, 2011 2:26 AM

May 2011
Gai has to suspect something is up in his organization by now. Too much info about their plans seem to be leaking out. That's like the 4th straight time his operations have been ambushed in some way. The first one killed his comrades including the young girl, Kyo. The second one, they triumphed despite being their attack being expected. They did have to make a deal with Segai that seemed mutually beneficial though. The third time they themselves leaked an operation to lure the Kuhouin crime family in as partners. This last time Keido beat them to the Lost Christmas artifact.
CirrisDec 2, 2011 2:35 AM
Dec 2, 2011 2:55 AM

Dec 2010
I'm probably the only person that even likes Shu at this point. *sigh* lmao, he was definitely cute this episode. The start with Haruka was sexy.

No one came to Daryl's birthday? I really feel bad for him, since he's my favorite character. As much as he is a jerk and asshole, he definitely had a pet the dog moment in this episode.

Did I sense a little bit of jealousy from Ayase? Or is that my shipper at work. lol.

And they handled Souta pretty well. Wanting people to open up to him, huh. I thought Voids were metaphysical and more symbolic, not a literal representation. Though it may vary, but I like his void. A skeleton key, more or less.
Dec 2, 2011 3:34 AM

Oct 2009
Poor Yan D;, well I hope he become more psycho later on, I don't like seeing him sad.

Can some one explain why GC airing on noitaminA? It start to look like an otakus anime. At least next week episode doesn't seem to have fanservice.
ideoidiom said:

Shi x Gai does has more chemisty they talk more, fight little and whatnot. While
Shu x Inori I don't see anything going on, Inori don't even have much emotion, but that just me. I don't even see what Shu see in to her.
AutumnDreamDec 2, 2011 3:52 AM
I have poorly English grammar, so for give me. I still learning.
-....Loading.....
Dec 2, 2011 3:42 AM

Sep 2011
ChronosXIII said:

Definitely looks like it. >:/

Quite a disappointing episode. Not to say that I'm surprised; as of yet, every week has been a letdown. That said, I'm still going to watch it for the pretty art. >_>
Dec 2, 2011 3:42 AM

May 2011
Probably the worst episode I've ever seen in my life. HOTD OVA is starting to look tasty when comparing to this shit.

Episode 8 in a nutshell:

IZUMI64 said:
Disgusting....!
1/10

Agreed.
Dec 2, 2011 5:31 AM

Jun 2011
it was alright...i guess? Generic, beach, fanservice episode yay! =_="

3/5

ChronosXIII said:

Oh and btw, I swear these voids are getting stupider and stupider by the episode

I mean srsly. a void. that opens stuff..... /headdesk

A void that maybe fires a penetrating beam that creates a portal at its contact point and its exit point on that medium which people can step through I can roll with. But srsly, it doesn't make a space-shifting portal or something scientifically fancy like that, IT FRKN. OPENS. DOORS. It doesn't make a hole, it doesn't make a mess, it cleanly 'opens' it for you. =_=

....sigh. /endrage

Revenant_Dec 2, 2011 5:52 AM
Dec 2, 2011 5:49 AM
Sep 2010
i remember the times before this started airing. everyone was like "this gonna be one of the best anime eva!" and rumors said that it's gonna be like code geass. now i'm pretty much like that kid in the vid that Karhu posted.

if penguindrum is my weekly "wtf?"-moment, this is my weekly facepalm
Dec 2, 2011 5:56 AM

Dec 2010
The text that is scribed on the blurry image you were saying is "I've got the object before you. - S. Keigo"

Well it was pretty easy to read :O
Dec 2, 2011 5:58 AM

Feb 2010
I was like

SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA. SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA. SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA. SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA. SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA. SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA, SUNOHARA.

the whole episode. anyway lol, major fuck up. "No self-control" xD

Forgetting about the beach-fanservice. It's still kewl.
It hurts to say but this episode is kinda boring, since I'm used to seeing a flashy battle every episode.
CashdaxDec 2, 2011 6:02 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 2, 2011 6:07 AM

Mar 2011
This episode just makes me hate Shu even more...
Dec 2, 2011 6:39 AM

Dec 2009

lol at everyone only concentrating on the fanservice, which was pretty minimum compared to Ben-To or C3.

IMO this is still an okay show, Even though the episodes have become worse after the incredible first episodes.
Dec 2, 2011 6:43 AM

Aug 2011
Otsdarva said:
I'm probably the only person that even likes Shu at this point. *sigh* lmao, he was definitely cute this episode. The start with Haruka was sexy.

YEX said:
The beach(plus the bath scene) is awesome!

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

I think I'm sensing a correlation here: Everyone who worships this show either likes/doesn't have a problem with the fan service. Uneducated tards who think with the wrong head. No, that's wrong: They don't even try to think at all.

I'm amazed that girls even like this show. It's completely obvious that every female character in GC exists only for fan service. They're objects; nothing more.
Dec 2, 2011 7:00 AM

Dec 2009
Beach episode... everyone saw this coming.
Dec 2, 2011 7:22 AM
Mar 2011
I loved this episode.

I love Guilty Crown. I can't see, why people always hate this -__-
if you don't see character development, then open your eyes.
They give us so many cute and little things...so only attentive watchers can notice it.

The end scene. Where Shu said, that he touched other hearts with his ability. And then ...He stretched his hand upward. Like he wanna touch his fathers heart (he thinks, he's in the sky :/)

It was so cute.

And I think this man IS Shu's father. Noticed this light whisp of hair? Like shu have?
No. Because you was too busy with finding mistakes and hating everything.

Damn people. I'm angry -__-
If you don't like it, don't watch it. Really öÖ I'm serious. I don't watch an anime though, when I'm not interested in it. Because with writing sometimes such bullshit is nonsense.

Oh and for this "Shu is a pussy"-guys.
He isn't a pussy. He is one of the realistic characters I've seen so far. Only because he don't scream like an idiot, kill some people?
Be serious, guys. You would kill people? You would act like a hero?

Oh and about the Daryl scene...
GOD DAMN. I love him so much xD Laughed so hard, when I saw him sitting in front of his cake with "Happy Birthday" >w<

5/5
Like always C:

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.