Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 29, 2013 1:24 AM
May 2013
Most likely not! Due to the choice of choosing Himeji or Minami, one has to be heartbroken. And no one wants that tragedy part of the series!
Jul 5, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2013
AndyNguyenn said:
Most likely not! Due to the choice of choosing Himeji or Minami, one has to be heartbroken. And no one wants that tragedy part of the series!

You're actually calling that a tragedy? Both of them deserve getting rejected.
Jul 15, 2013 9:52 PM

May 2009
AndyNguyenn said:

It's like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo all over again. It's a funny love triangle at first, but as things start to get romantic, one person has to face painful, heartbreaking rejection. I dunno why authors do this. He should've just made things clear-cut yet entertaining like Shouko x Yuuji.
Jul 18, 2013 9:29 AM
Jan 2013
Ya i know what you mean I started this series thinking it would be a silly comedy, then it did the "toradora turn" I personally enjoy that because it adds a sense of realism to the anime
Aug 10, 2013 12:43 PM
Aug 2013
Anyone know anything about Season 3? Any news about it? The best anime ever made can't end after 26 episodes, right?
Aug 14, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
I really want a season 3 ):
Aug 14, 2013 8:33 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Would be a shame to end something as silly as this prematurely
Aug 31, 2013 4:27 AM

Aug 2013
give us season 3 please :p
Sep 3, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
DAKnox said:
ThangLong said:
kevsterr95 said:
damn so wishing for a season 3, this is one of the top 10 comedies i've ever watched
Sep 3, 2013 7:36 AM
Jun 2013
Just finished the second season and this series is just unbelievably hilarious.

The drama came a little unexpected (although just reasonable considering the love triangle) but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Was interesting to see how they met and where the girls' love came from.

Luckily matters were resolved quickly and it went back to being mostly random and funny :)!

That being said I'd love to see another season! Definitely one of the most hilarious anime I can think of and thus even more disappointing that there are currently no plans/news regarding a new season :/...
Oct 5, 2013 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
Pray to the anime gods.
Oct 5, 2013 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
Really enjoyed Baka to Test shame to see it end the way it did but I guess this seems to happen a-lot in animes.
Oct 6, 2013 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
qq, Why not?
Nov 17, 2013 6:10 PM
Nov 2013
Well seeing it seems like yoshi and Minami are a couple now ( I seem calm but I am exploDing) they will probaly follow that up with a 3rd season espicially how the last season ended
Nov 17, 2013 6:12 PM
Nov 2013
Strawhat_Pirate said:
AndyNguyenn said:

It's like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo all over again. It's a funny love triangle at first, but as things start to get romantic, one person has to face painful, heartbreaking rejection. I dunno why authors do this. He should've just made things clear-cut yet entertaining like Shouko x Yuuji.
please be minami
Dec 2, 2013 2:10 AM
Sep 2013
thedoctorisdying said:
Well seeing it seems like yoshi and Minami are a couple now ( I seem calm but I am exploDing) they will probaly follow that up with a 3rd season espicially how the last season ended

After reading this, I was all like "WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT DUDE!? THERE'RE SPOILER TAGS FOR A REASON!" because I thought something happened in the manga after this arc.

Then,
thedoctorisdying said:
Strawhat_Pirate said:
AndyNguyenn said:

please be minami

Whew...they were just assuming...rage levels dropping...

lol seriously though, you should delete that post before you send any more people into cardiac arrest.

Back on topic though; I feel like we may actually see a 3rd season. The shows ending was so anti-climactic and really abrupt. It feels like they had planned to make season two 24 episodes long, but decided to hold off on the second half, perhaps to instead use them to make a 3rd. I really hope so too, because season 2 of this show was far superior in almost every aspect than the first. I definitely want more, that's for sure.
Dec 16, 2013 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
I would love season 3, I don;t care who goes with aki. I just want comedy damn it!
Dec 20, 2013 8:13 AM

Aug 2013
No, it's been too long since it ended.
Dec 25, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
We can only hope ^.^ besides its doing so well they have to make more, or we revolt!!
Dec 31, 2013 1:48 AM
Jul 2013
TT_TT I really hope so... So the Manga is still going on? Or no? If so I'll just read it.
Jan 9, 2014 7:13 AM
Jan 2014
still waiting.....!
Jan 27, 2014 11:43 PM

Mar 2013
Maybe the delay because the novel just ended two months ago?
Feb 14, 2014 4:21 PM

Dec 2010
I just want an episode that talks about Himeji's back story. I always wanted to know what Himeji and Aki were like as kids.
Feb 17, 2014 6:01 PM
Dec 2013
Well, I think it's about time I get this out there.

"Funimation has recently announced that Greg will voice the role of Kouta Tsuchiya in it's upcoming release of Baka and Test."

What does upcoming release mean? Season 3? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2014-01-08/anime-midwest-announces-greg-ayres

I've found the information above on Fanpop, and the link seems legit.
Feb 20, 2014 8:31 PM
Jan 2014
I'm glad you pointed that out. Funimation already dubbed everything else so it's a sign they may have partnered with them so that the dubbed version comes out in America sooner. That seems like a really far fetched theory but who knows.
"I am told that some part of of every dream must be heard but I've lost sight of the truth in those words."
Feb 21, 2014 4:50 PM
Dec 2013
r3bel19 said:
I'm glad you pointed that out. Funimation already dubbed everything else so it's a sign they may have partnered with them so that the dubbed version comes out in America sooner. That seems like a really far fetched theory but who knows.

What I was thinking is that FUNimation and SilverLink would try and release both the Japanese dub and English dub of Baka and Test.

My other theory, however is that SilverLink confirmed this with FUNimation first, which would be more logic. This theory is reasonable.

As for what Jason546 said, the reason why I think they didn't do that episode yet is because volume 8.5 or 10.5 (although I think it's 8.5) was probably not out yet when they did the sketchings for the anime. Chances are, they will do that episode in season 3, assuming that they will make a season 3. I say assume because it hasn't been officially announced yet.
Feb 21, 2014 6:52 PM
Dec 2013
Tyler11ball said:
TT_TT I really hope so... So the Manga is still going on? Or no? If so I'll just read it.

I should probably answer your question. I believe they are finishing up the manga now, but the light novels are done (ever since 30 November 2013).
Feb 21, 2014 8:30 PM
Dec 2013
Qu4ckerz said:
If there would be a season 3, would they wait until they finish the manga?

No. The reason why I say this is that some anime, such as Fairy Tail, goes much further than the manga or light novels. However, they had to stop Fairy Tail for awhile because of this. For instant, if the anime was released way later on, then there wouldn't be the long wait for Fairy Tail to come back. Almost the same thing with Baka and Test. However, in Baka and Test's case, they waited until the light novels, and only the light novels, were finished. If you are curious on what happens in the light novels and what wasn't mentioned in the anime, I would recommend reading the light novels.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4956

The user 13man18 has all the light novels right before volume 12 translated. I would recommend reading his PDFs of the light novels.
Aniwatcher154Feb 21, 2014 8:35 PM
Apr 30, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2012
why no season 3 yet? novel is done. same shit happened with full metal panic. why don't they ever continue my favorite series?
May 3, 2014 4:05 PM
Sep 2013
Qu4ckerz said:
If there would be a season 3, would they wait until they finish the manga?

Baka Test is adapted from the original light novel series. The manga is also just an adaptation so they don't have to wait for the manga.

And dear god yes; they better make a 3rd season. Akihisa and Yuuji are among two of the best comedic duo in anime ever. I guess the female characters weren't enough dick-bait to attract the main anime audience though.
May 5, 2014 7:25 AM
Jan 2012
How much of the Light Novel is there left to cover since it has ended on Vol.12? Also does anyone know which volumes are covered in the Baka Test episodes? Because I don't think it was in chronological order.
May 5, 2014 8:19 PM
Dec 2013
28JFJ said:
How much of the Light Novel is there left to cover since it has ended on Vol.12? Also does anyone know which volumes are covered in the Baka Test episodes? Because I don't think it was in chronological order.

It was pretty random. Probably just for entertainment.

First season goes like this:

1-2. Part of v1
3-5. Filler
6-7. Vol 3.5
8: Filler
9-11: Part of v1.
12-13: Filler.

OVA: v2.

Season 2:

1-2: vol 6-5.
3: vol 3.5, 6.5
4: vol 7.5
5-7: vol 3
8: vol 7.5
9-10: vol 4
11: vol 6.5
12-13: vol 6

As far as I had confirmed, a volume 12.5 is extremely highly possible based on what I had heard from Teh Ping. In other words, the ending has yet met it's conclusion. Anyhow, because of the probable 12.5, a volume 13 is also a probable, and if 12.5 does come out, a volume 13 will come out then.
May 30, 2014 8:26 AM

Mar 2014
There are stories that are yet willl be uncover.
They have enough materials for it. so now probably, They're just watching the Sales for now... Popularity is good . so I think its sure to say that they will get good sales.
Studios are willing to make one I guess.
No problems for the cast and crews .. (another Guessing.. but I am Sure.)
Seriously , Baka to Test is a great anime!!!
Its Worthy enough to make more seasons !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2014 10:38 PM
Dec 2013
AnimeLaver01 said:
They have enough materials for it. so now probably, They're just watching the Sales for now... Popularity is good . so I think its sure to say that they will get good sales.

It might be a bit too late to add on here, but FUNimation did announced that Greg Ayres will be voicing Kouta in the upcoming release of Baka and Test, according to AnimeNewsNetwork.
Jun 27, 2014 12:18 AM
Oct 2012
Aniwatcher154 said:
AnimeLaver01 said:

It might be a bit too late to add on here, but FUNimation did announced that Greg Ayres will be voicing Kouta in the upcoming release of Baka and Test, according to AnimeNewsNetwork.

Any other confirmation on this?
Jul 4, 2014 1:37 AM

Sep 2013
Anything on season 3 tho?
Aug 4, 2014 8:25 AM
Aug 2014
I know it's silly asking this since it has been 3 years but are they ever planning on making a 3rd season? I only watched it this year so my hopes haven't yet been crushed by time like most of you guys but if someone could answer, it would mean the world to me :)
Aug 4, 2014 8:26 AM

Nov 2010
odd110 said:
I know it's silly asking this since it has been 3 years but are they ever planning on making a 3rd season? I only watched it this year so my hopes haven't yet been crushed by time like most of you guys but if someone could answer, it would mean the world to me :)
How should anyone on here know?
Aug 4, 2014 8:48 AM
Aug 2014
I have just been hoping for someone to know something since this is a thread for a possible season 3 ^^ But I just feel like I'm going to be dissapointed
Aug 4, 2014 9:03 AM
Aug 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
odd110 said:
How should anyone on here know?
I just hope for another season and I thought maybe someone knew something
Aug 4, 2014 9:35 AM
Aug 2014
that's true :/ so depressing to end such a funny and loving series but I really don't see why the creators didn't just say that they were done with it...
Aug 6, 2014 3:09 AM
Aug 2014
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2014-01-08/anime-midwest-announces-greg-ayres What does this mean? Do u guys know or do you have ane kind of theory? I hope this means season 3.
Aug 7, 2014 4:04 AM
Aug 2014
If the date stamp is real, either they will be making a remastered version of baka and test for some reason with a new actor (unlikely), they might be dubbing the short 3 minute videos of baka and test (don't know if they have already done it) or they might be finally making a season 3 ^^ but if that's even the case, it would be for end 2014 or 2015 but dont get your hopes up
Aug 13, 2014 11:02 PM
Dec 2013
odd110 said:
If the date stamp is real, either they will be making a remastered version of baka and test for some reason with a new actor (unlikely), they might be dubbing the short 3 minute videos of baka and test (don't know if they have already done it) or they might be finally making a season 3 ^^ but if that's even the case, it would be for end 2014 or 2015 but dont get your hopes up

They wouldn't make remastered versions of the season, and the dubbing for the shorts are very unlikely. But hey, it's not impossible. I mean, Kim is, but that's because of her name. Hahaha. But yeah, people, please don't get your hopes up.

I'm thinking that season three would be at the end of 2015.
Sep 11, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2014
Aniwatcher154 said:
odd110 said:

They wouldn't make remastered versions of the season, and the dubbing for the shorts are very unlikely. But hey, it's not impossible. I mean, Kim is, but that's because of her name. Hahaha. But yeah, people, please don't get your hopes up.

Do you really think there is a chance? I am relatively new to Anime, So I haven't the slightest clue how long people are used to waiting. Any in-sight would be brilliant.
Sep 12, 2014 2:21 PM
Dec 2013
Mr_Gingee said:
Aniwatcher154 said:

Do you really think there is a chance? I am relatively new to Anime, So I haven't the slightest clue how long people are used to waiting. Any in-sight would be brilliant.

Why yes. It's been awhile, but the chances are not down. Season three is said to be the last season, so they had to wait until the light novels were done. Btw, there are light novels, in case you haven't read the last sentence.

Anyhow, you could look at some of the other posts.
Jan 25, 2015 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it's 2015 now. So I don't have high hopes at all for seeing a season 3.

I mean technically it's not impossible. I mean Durarara got a S2 like what, 4 years? after the first season. But that's an extreeeeeme case.

It's hard to know where the anime stands too. Some people said it sold well, other people said it did poorly.

That news about the guy doing the English dub is only like a year old. Perhaps they are waiting for all of that western stuff to be done before making an announcement? Highly unlikely though.
Feb 21, 2015 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
+1 +1 +1 +1 damn
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Mar 6, 2015 12:35 PM
Jan 2014
Jonesy974 said:

I mean technically it's not impossible. I mean Durarara got a S2 like what, 4 years? after the first season. But that's an extreeeeeme case.

It's hard to know where the anime stands too. Some people said it sold well, other people said it did poorly.

That news about the guy doing the English dub is only like a year old. Perhaps they are waiting for all of that western stuff to be done before making an announcement? Highly unlikely though.

From what I've heard, the 2nd season didn't do well in Japan. But it did perform well in the West. I still remember my friend was willing to pay just about $80 for the Season 2 Blu-Ray set since Funimation no longer offers it. (They still offer the DVD)

I really do hope that rumors hold true about Silver Link waiting for the Light Novel and other animes to be completed before working on Baka again. There's enough content in the Light Novels to make a 3rd season and it would give it a more solid ending. I won't spoil it completely but....

"I am told that some part of of every dream must be heard but I've lost sight of the truth in those words."
Mar 29, 2015 5:08 AM

Apr 2011
r3bel19 said:
Jonesy974 said:

From what I've heard, the 2nd season didn't do well in Japan. But it did perform well in the West. I still remember my friend was willing to pay just about $80 for the Season 2 Blu-Ray set since Funimation no longer offers it. (They still offer the DVD)

I really do hope that rumors hold true about Silver Link waiting for the Light Novel and other animes to be completed before working on Baka again. There's enough content in the Light Novels to make a 3rd season and it would give it a more solid ending. I won't spoil it completely but....

$80 is really expensive for some people. Poor my country. It's like half month payment.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

137 by Dywei »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 8, 2011

132 by Dywei »»
4 hours ago

» A 3rd season?

SooKwang - Nov 6, 2011

9 by Saternates »»
Mar 3, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

171 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 22, 2011

98 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 11:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.