Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 3, 2011 4:33 PM

Mar 2009
MorningGlory said:
Zavie said:

If you talking about Musashi being like a normal country, then Toori would be both the Prime Minister of the Parliament and Genreral of the Army. In term of command, he is powerful.
but he still useless under the authority restriction from Yoshinao king.
Many people say that Toori is a Viceroy, but I somehow felt like he is more like a Stadtholder(or maybe you can suggest a better position). There are other Academy same like Musashi, and I believe those a the real viceroy without so many stupid restriction from Testament.

Nope, Musashi was restricted by the Testament Union, yes, so Musashi didn't have much power as a country. But the authority and power of Musashi was indeed in Toori's hands. While Yoshinao did owned Musashi, he didn't really have any part of running Musashi, as all that is in the hand of the student. Hence you have Shirojiro has the big part in Musashi's economic. (Think of its as UK, it has the Queen, but all the bills and issues are passed by the Parliment, the Queen is just the figure).

What Yoshinao did what basically gave Toori and P-01 half of the country to OWN. Like in a company, Toori and P-01 have half of the shared stocks. So to Toori got the access to 1/4 of the resource in Musashi, which is a huge amount, considering Musashi is a trade city and the bank of the Far East...
Dec 3, 2011 5:54 PM
Jun 2008
^
ya.He is not running Musashi, but Yoshinao king hold the denial authority toward the academy.If he say "No" , its means "absolutely No" .The only thing He can't do is to stop or interfere during Student Dispute in Musashi.

He still have 1/2 of the authority.Anyway,He haven't give that king authority to Toori until the westfalen meeting.
Dec 3, 2011 6:03 PM

Mar 2009
To begin with, Musashi doesn't have much of being country anyway. So it wasn't that Yoshinao was restricting Toori, right? The Academy (government) was simply under control of the Testament Union (aka KPA Italia and Tres Espana) while other academies, with their own states, hence don't have the restriction.
Dec 3, 2011 6:55 PM
Jun 2008
Zavie said:
The Academy (government) was simply under control of the Testament Union (aka KPA Italia and Tres Espana)
... ya, that is why I said Toori is kinda useless when the testament strip of his power.They can even take away the citizen from Musashi. leaving Musashi naked as well.

I am downloading ep10 from Torrent since Himado betray me for not letting me to stream for Horizon and Majikoi(I don't really care watching this anyway)
Dec 3, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
MorningGlory said:
... ya, that is why I said Toori is kinda useless when the testament strip of his power.They can even take away the citizen from Musashi. leaving Musashi naked as well.

Oh okay, I was just trying to explain about Toori's attitude to Yoshinao and Testament, when someone seems to see him just as another pervy dumbass (well, he is), but his voice is indeed not really weightless.

MorningGlory said:
I am downloading ep10 from Torrent since Himado betray me for not letting me to stream for Horizon and Majikoi(I don't really care watching this anyway)

Downloaded from filesonic... Torrent is just a pain in the ass for RAW to me...
Dec 3, 2011 7:45 PM
Jun 2008
well, he is an idiot but not stupid but I can't deny that he isn't a pervy lol
In ep8 when Neito wanted to surrender to Suzu,He is the first one who notice how serious the situation is going to be and he immediately find a plan to fixed it.
Dec 3, 2011 7:53 PM

Mar 2009
MorningGlory said:
well, he is an idiot but not stupid but I can't deny that he isn't a pervy lol
In ep8 when Neito wanted to surrender to Suzu,He is the first one who notice how serious the situation is going to be and he immediately find a plan to fixed it.

Well, I got that part... Just saying that quite a number of people doesn't... Toori is smart, but not in a typical way of smart...
Dec 4, 2011 2:33 AM

Oct 2007
I just don't know how can people think a person who is capable of using other people to their effectiveness is not smart, that is beyond me.

I think Toori just made a new friend :D

P.S. the scene at the end when Toori walked down the stair while bragging if they put the epic theme song from Queen Blade that will make that scene even more epic.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 4, 2011 10:13 PM

Feb 2010
Wow. Kimi was awesome!!

Great episode... it was so good... it's like it isn't the same series... o_0

I hope this keeps up!
Dec 6, 2011 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
We are advancing! Half at the speed of a comatose snail, but at least making progress. Kimi was pure win throughout the episode. And the ending march of the students had a good atmosphere. 3/5.
Dec 6, 2011 9:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I like the fact that Uzume was the goddess who did an erotic dance to fool Amaterasu out of the cave....lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 9, 2011 11:02 PM

Nov 2007
weird fight...

what did she do to little Toori?

still confusing, bleh
Dec 10, 2011 1:49 AM

Jun 2008
mystik said:
weird fight...

what did she do to little Toori?

still confusing, bleh

1. Throw him out of the window
2. Punched him many times in the face
3. Stuff his mouth with hot spices

Just to force him to cry again, forcing him to regain his emotions again. After that both Tori and Kimi never Cried again.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 12, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2010
Okay so now I'm starting to like what I'm seeing from this show. Too bad this season is almost ending. Oh well, going to look forward to how this season ends and how the second one starts.
Jan 18, 2012 10:49 AM

Dec 2010
So they're going to war to get horizon back and unite all those armament things to prevent armageddon, but why is the Union stopping them again? it all seems good on their end
Jan 18, 2012 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
PhantomEX said:
but why is the Union stopping them again? it all seems good on their end

Because the Armaments of Sin. Like "anyone" would want to give up a powerful weapon like that. And having all the weapons could actually mean superior power.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 22, 2012 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
kaimax said:
PhantomEX said:
but why is the Union stopping them again? it all seems good on their end

Because the Armaments of Sin. Like "anyone" would want to give up a powerful weapon like that. And having all the weapons could actually mean superior power.

So in other words......like those nuclear warheads in our world?
Jun 5, 2012 12:55 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, that were some interesting battles and again quite some talking. I really liked how they told everything about the king as his past, was very interesting to watch.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 1, 2012 12:20 PM

Feb 2012
9 fucking episodes later it seems like we got to that point where it should get interesting.
Jul 20, 2012 12:56 AM

Feb 2011
Kimi is seriously one of the most intimidating woman I have ever seen. Let me at her
Feb 28, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2011
Wow, this is the first time I've ever cared about a big-chested, onee-san type character. Kimi was epic. O.O This episode miraculously managed to get me to cry twice. First time was for Kimi helping his brother make it through his struggle, 2nd time was when everyone started grouping up with Tori. God, this anime is feels. ;_;
Apr 5, 2014 1:16 AM

Jul 2008
That's one way to win a fight. Now the Ents will go to war.
Apr 8, 2014 10:03 AM

Jun 2011
I didn't care much for Toori's sister until this episode. God damn that was some fine action.
Apr 24, 2014 9:49 AM

Dec 2012
Kimi has some serious class. Something about her design really stands out from other characters, her expression fits her in that it looks like she's constantly basking in pleasure.

The talks are now over and it's time to see the operation set in motion. I have to say I really enjoyed this segment more than the first part. It was very intricate but easier to follow/understand.
Jun 12, 2014 6:20 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was actually really good!
Jul 15, 2014 2:51 PM

May 2012
Great episode with an even more awesome start for a bigger journey that awaits them! Really loving the overall development so let's see what's next!
Nov 29, 2014 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
I just start to finish this anime a few days ago. I was busy with other things and found Toori to be extremely irritating. I have not read the LN, so I cannot say if the faithfully recreate Toori's character. I for one find him to be a detriment to the series. This Anime would be awesome with out his constant pointless interruptions. He fails as the comic relief and I cannot take his feelings for Horizon seriously when he is repeatedly grouping the rest of the female cast. In episode 9, during a very important scene he completely humiliates Honda's character and everyone acts like nothing happens. If I did not find the story itself to be interesting I would drop it over the Toori character. If this is how the author intended him to be, then I have to say that he, the author, failed at writing a otherwise good story. Just my opinion.
Dec 8, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
By honda you mean masazumi? He actually didn't humiliate her (well, he did too, but that wasn't his direct goal). Toori is interesting because of the way he solve situation. He's too dumb to understand difficult thing, but if explained with simple words, or if things to understand are really obvious like it was at that time, he has an impressive ability to solve properly those situation. "Mr Impossible" is a very interesting counterpart to more capable and serious character surrounding him. He's a mood maker, the link between everyone, and sometimes the helping hand when just serriously facing the situation isn't enough anymore.

At that time, if not for him, Masazumi would have lost the duel against the pope completely by losing support in her own side. It was really well done from the pope. What Toori did completely changed the train of thoughts from the audience toward Masazumi before they could conclude that she wasn't worth believing. While what he did looked completely stupid, he effectively saved her. And that's not the only time he'll save masazumi with weird ideas. That use of his wig later on in the story especially comes to mind.

Toori isn't the character with the most screen time. He's mostly used as a comic relief and as one of the KyouHora's romance plotline, but he's definitely not here enough to ruin the show even for someone not liking his comical role ImO. Also that boy, just as her sister, is contracted to a god who is associated to entertainment, nudity and playing the fool to make laugh others. What he does is completely in line with his affiliated god.

And so you know, I'm not especially fond of Toori (wouldn't even be ina top 20, maybe not even a top 30 character for me in this story alone) whereas Masazumi is among my favorite character all anime/manga/ln together.
Yet, rather than being annoyed by what Toori did, I completely recognize that it was freaking well done. Harsh, but well done. Oh, and so you know, as this isn't especially an important spoiler and it's far away in the story anyway so you'll have forgotten those words far before having access to a translation of this part even if you start reading the LN afterward, ,M masazumi do a similar thing to someone else later. Except that... Due to a miss from Masazumi, this ends up far harsher for the person that was on the receiving hand at that time; so I can't really pity Masazumi for what happened during the fist arc xD.
ZefyrisDec 8, 2014 2:56 PM
Jan 6, 2015 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
Weird fight lmao! Those bewbs though. Anyway, war huh? I'm looking forward to that.
Jan 8, 2018 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
Finally after two episode everyone move from their position -_-
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM
Aug 2021
I wish the lead up to this was better, this Meeting Arc was cool and all but that last scene really could’ve hit harder if the execution of the show wasn’t so lackluster.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

116 by blacknemesist »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

102 by GiantHunter »»
Jul 22, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

77 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:16 PM

» Do the MC ever get powerful?

Amamiya__Ren - May 24, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:52 AM

» Why such a low rating? ( 1 2 )

rific - Nov 5, 2011

98 by realVICE »»
May 9, 2022 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.