Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 14, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
The tears in Lelouch's eyes as he boldly proclaims that he was a fool to believe in sympathy, and only a cold and callous heart will lead him to victory. POWERFUL

I feel as though Lelouch is making a risky move leaving Nunnally's rescue in Rolo's hands considering Nunnally is currently the bane of Rolo's existence.

I also don't get why Lulu didn't tell Suzaku the truth about what happened with Euphy, Shirley, and everything else. He's a kind person trying to make himself appear as villainous as he can - to SUZAKU of all people. Why?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 15, 2014 7:14 AM

Nov 2013
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
I also don't get why Lulu didn't tell Suzaku the truth about what happened with Euphy, Shirley, and everything else. He's a kind person trying to make himself appear as villainous as he can - to SUZAKU of all people. Why?
Because he blames himself for everything that happened and, to him (and Suzaku), anything he would say would just be making up excuses.

Also it's not like Suzaku will believe him anyway. Suzaku believes that he is right in blaming Lelouch, he asked him these questions to hear a confession, not an explanation. All Lelouch cared about at the moment was saving Nunally, no point in making things more complicated; just tell Suzaku what he wants to hear.
Oct 5, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2013
This is all Prince Schneizel's fault, they could have almost had peace.
Oct 8, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2013
I am really getting sick and tired of Suzaku, just kill the bastard already Lelouch! You've become this evil, why not just end him already? Had a feeling Suzaku was being stalked, now Schneizel might sell out Lelouch to the whole world. Which means Lelouch might have to kill him too. Anyways, onto the next ep!
Nov 26, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2013
Lelouch was pretty pathetic in this episode, Light is far superior :>
Suzaku is such an idiont, unbelievable.
Dec 14, 2014 6:30 AM

Oct 2014
Yeah Suzaku must die
Dec 22, 2014 4:45 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

That setup with Guilford was either brilliant, or just plain luck.
Dec 31, 2014 7:04 AM

Jan 2014
Neverender said:
Girugameshu said:
I guess this is what you call retarded.
Jan 3, 2015 12:34 AM

Jul 2014
Why do I have the feeling lulu has some sort of plan that doesn't end with Roll attempting to kill Nunnaly?
Feb 13, 2015 10:05 PM
Jul 2014
StrayBotato said:
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
Because he blames himself for everything that happened and, to him (and Suzaku), anything he would say would just be making up excuses.

Also it's not like Suzaku will believe him anyway. Suzaku believes that he is right in blaming Lelouch, he asked him these questions to hear a confession, not an explanation. All Lelouch cared about at the moment was saving Nunally, no point in making things more complicated; just tell Suzaku what he wants to hear.

Yeah, but still, Suzaku could tell that Lelouch was lying about being a heartless bastard. I suppose that was part of the point, but it still seems like a very odd strategy, to go up to someone and say "yes, i killed all these friends of yours quite intentionally to further my own ambitions, now would you mind betraying your team and your oaths as a knight to rescue my sister from her cushy government job?"

And then he follows it up by sending the guy who kills anyone who even thinks about Nunnally to "rescue" her. Sometimes I wonder if he's actually *trying* to get her killed.
MiralityFeb 13, 2015 10:12 PM
Feb 26, 2015 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
Okay this is where the spiral started. Damn Suzaku...
Mar 2, 2015 12:17 PM

Nov 2009
Now I'm just hoping that Suzaku will die by the end a horrible horrible death.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 23, 2015 12:16 AM
Jan 2012
So... Suzaku's intentions got a little bit screwed...

And I guess Lelouch had Jeremiah call Guilford so that he could make him useful...

Eh... Lelouch..? I do hope you put some thought into sending Rolo to rescue Nunnally... And Rolo, I do hope you don't think you'll get away with it if you try something... Or at least, he'd better not...
Apr 9, 2015 5:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Suzaku should have figured that his companions would follow him by now.
At least, he did want to make a pact with Lulu at the end realizing that they both want peace.
Apr 29, 2015 4:26 AM

Jun 2011
CG said:
Now I'm just hoping that Suzaku will die by the end a horrible horrible death.

Knowing that he's the main antagonist, I don't think CLAMP will do it... but I too really want to see it happen, a Higurashi-styled torture trial for Suzaku *_*
May 16, 2015 7:07 PM

Aug 2009
What.. this may be the dumbest episode so far, not about dumb events like the 1 millions suits, but about characters actions, and I'd prefer the first to happen.

The whole Suzaku/Lelouch meeting was totally out of character, Lelouch had no valid reason to hide the true about Euphie & the other girl, not to Suzaku in such a moment. The whole eating-dirt part felt just forced, and Lelouch actually lost all coherence.
Lelouch asking Rolo to save Nunnally after he killed the other girl is also quite stupid.

Also wtf was this Gilford trick out of nowhere, I feel like the writers don't care anymore and are just making the show go here and there randomly.
ZiassanMay 16, 2015 7:16 PM
May 21, 2015 3:34 AM
Nov 2014
Awesome episode, screw Suzaku though. Lelouch for the win!
Sep 23, 2015 3:52 PM
Jul 2012
It seems I have a lot of different thoughts on this episode than many people here.

I am one of the people who really hate Suzaku but I have to say this episode I did not mind him and truly had hope for his and Lelouch's alliance, he didn't plan on setting Lelouch up and he wanted to help him in the end.

People are complaining that Lelouch lied about all of the deaths and betrayal and I also really wish he would just tell the truth but it is most certainly not out of character. The entire reason he doesn't tell the truth is because it is IN character. As much as I hate that part about Lelouch that is how he is, he doesn't want to make excuses for what happened. But yes I really want Suzaku and many others to learn the truth about some of Lelouch's actions. Like Euphemia's death being a complete accident after Lelouch wanted to help her, and that even though he blames himself for Shirley's death it was Rolo who killed her, not him.

As for Rolo a lot of people are questioning Lelouch sending him after Nunnally. Forgive me if I missed something in the show but I do not believe Lelouch has any idea about Rolo hating Nunnally. I mean he could try and interpret that from Rolo's psychological state and clinging to him as a sibling but as far as I know it has never been revealed to Lelouch that Rolo hates Nunnally. He found out that Rolo killed Shirley after she already died and he didn't say anything about Nunnally.

Hopefully Lelouch has a secret plan to save Nunnally. If not then someone else is going to have to appear to save her from Rolo. Unless Rolo ends up killing himself with his geass before then, but that would be silly.

I have to say, if people would just talk more in this show instead of accuse each other and rush into fighting there would be much less suffering. Such as the truth behind Euphy and Shirley for example. But I suppose that wouldn't be as interesting, and it is a common theme in many shows that people just don't communicate because then you lose the conflict.
Oct 28, 2015 2:50 AM

Mar 2015
LOL, Lelouch...What an pathetic lame sight...do you think you can forgive Suzaku with that????, hahaha. You can just eat the dirt. Well, I'm really looking forward to what will happen at final episode of Code Geass.
Nov 9, 2015 8:33 AM

Jul 2014
Lelouch really does plan for everything, doesn't he?

4/5
Nov 17, 2015 2:22 PM

Sep 2014
nihil said:
PLOT TWIST: C.C. GETS A BANDAID RING

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Cute! =^_^=
Jan 5, 2016 5:23 AM

Nov 2014
The misunderstandings keep piling up. Is Lelouch a compulsive liar? Why didn't he tell the truth when he had the chance? Why can't anyone clearly speak their thoughts when they need to, especially Lelouch who's supposedly so damn smart, but seems completely incapable of avoiding drama and deescalating situations?

This series had so much potential, but the characters don't make any sense.
Feb 23, 2016 3:11 PM
Aug 2015
Tsunami said:
lol.
Fai said:

NO. you got it wrong >_>

Lelouch is Batman.

Zero is Black Ranger
--
I want suzaku to die :O
nOoooooooooooooo
Feb 28, 2016 2:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Yeah sure Lelouch, assign Rolo to rescue Nunally.

4/5
Mar 9, 2016 5:42 PM

Feb 2013
I still don't understand what happened with Ogi and Viletta.
Mar 12, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
Lelouch is really leaving the Nunnally rescue operation to Rolo, after what happened to Shirley? LMAO!
Jun 7, 2016 7:17 PM

Mar 2014
Turning point of the tides of the war . Breathtaking .
Great episode !!! "The First and the Last", Confrontation .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 3:39 PM

Jan 2016
The plot keeps getting dumber and dumber.
Mr_ShnbJul 27, 2016 11:08 PM
Mar 20, 2017 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
Wow a lot of pieces got moved around in this episode. Looks like we're already about to get the rematch Battle for Japan next time. And it's either going to take eight episodes or not going to go smoothly. We're also reaching the point where arcs are really starting to pay off. Ohgi spares Viletta's life but takes her into custody. That's an interesting development. Nunally and Kallen are in the...capital building? I don't know but they're in the same place waiting to be saved from Britannian clutches. And Lelouch's resolve has been harshly steeled which given how upset and irrational he is doesn't seem like it will end well.

Can we really blame him? I almost feel bad for Suzaku since he clearly wasn't in on Schneizel's trap. But he was also revenge power tripping and making our boy Lelouch lick his boots or whatever so not that bad. I liked their showdown a lot. I was hanging on every word as Lelouch willingly sacrificed his pride and debased himself for a chance to ensure Nunally's safety. But it didn't really meaningfully add to their relationship. The most significant development is if the Emperor didn't already tell him Schneizel now knows his lil bro's identity. Oh yeah and at some point conveniently Lelouch made Guilford a brain washed sleeper agent. And his activation is both a little much and kind of amazing. Just like this show.
Mar 29, 2017 12:06 AM

Apr 2015
Why would he let Rolo go near Nunnally asndndhcjxks

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 7, 2017 12:43 AM

Jan 2014
still hate Suzaku until this episode.
Geass are top secret information only to the emperor, and yet he tells the prince.

now let's see how Black Knights fight with Knight of the Round. I hope they win.
Aug 4, 2017 5:00 AM

Jul 2016
I think the so-called FLEIJA is the nuke we saw a few episodes ago, but since all my predictions are failing I can't be sure lol.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Sep 21, 2017 5:48 PM

Dec 2015
Lelouch promises to love c.c, yet fails to deliver... He seriously better restore her memory with a kiss.

Also that Knight of One 100% has a geass. Those sown eyelids are a dead give away.

Suzaku's comparison of Lelouch to his father was extremely surprising, I can only imagine how hard it was to not simply say "it was all an accident" for Euphy. But will Suzaku eventually forgive him like Euphy did for Clovis + Shirley did for her father?? 🤔
~
Jan 30, 2018 1:27 AM

Dec 2014
well the things are moving forward politically... let's see what happens next...pretty crude how lelounch asks for help and he accepts
Jan 24, 2019 12:11 AM
Apr 2018
Even when looking at Kallen's face you can still see her boobs. I wonder if she could really join Britannia.

Not too fond of the Knight of Ten, I hope he ends up killed soon.

LhasAps said:
nihil said:
PLOT TWIST: C.C. GETS A BANDAID RING

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Cute! =^_^=
Haha, yes. C.C. looked too cute looking at her "ring".
Mar 12, 2019 2:59 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, Lelouch lying about everyone's death like that...Suzaku seems to have realized it all now. I have a theory that fake Lelouch's brother is going to kill Nunnaly, and Lelouch will snap. Good episode.
Jun 30, 2019 10:13 PM

Sep 2017
I'm gonna unsuccessfully attempt to speedrun this recap because I have to go to bed early and I still have two more shows to watch. This isn't very relevant information, is it?

Basically, whoever wins this battle wins the world. Seems simple enough. Doesn't leave much room for the movie sequel, but I'm sure we'll figure it out in due time. It's sad to see Suzaku go from hating Britannians (Lelouch) to loving and caring for them (Lelouch) to hating some of them again (Lelouch). At least he's gotten a good character arc. The Vampire of Britannia is fucking nuts, both in terms of combat ability and his mental state. I hope we get to actually see how powerful the Knight of One is. He didn't do too much this episode. Lot of tension at the beginning of the Lelouch and Suzaku meeting. Euphy's death, understandably, is still tearing up Suzaku. If only he knew the truth... Cool motive, still blackmail, Diethard. How much pride did Lelouch have to sacrifice to get on his knees like that? Excalibur! A super original name for a sword! It looked cool, at least. I forgot about the "Live!" Geass command. Suzaku must have a lot going on in his head right now. Suzaku may finally be beginning to understand that Lelouch isn't totally evil in this situation. He's doing a lot of villainous shit, sure, but a lot of the bad stuff has been accidental. I half expected Suzaku to command Lelouch to end the war by forcing the Order to surrender. Great job Britannia. Getting in the way of two bros finally getting the gang back together. FeelsBadMan. I don't think Kallen has much inclination to rejoin Britannia, Gino. Amazing mind game with Guilford, Lelouch. Not even going to bother questioning how stupidly situational and coincidental it is, because I'm sure Lelouch calculated the odds somewhere. Looks like Schneizel is about to find out what Geass is. I don't think fortifying the settlement will work, as Lelouch is about to show Britannia. Seeing Lelouch cry in his cockpit hurt my heart.

P.S. Speedrunning didn't work. I still took 15 minutes. F.
Feb 17, 2020 10:35 PM

Jun 2017
I hate Suzaku he really gets on my nerves.
Jul 8, 2020 9:04 AM

Feb 2020
THE CAT IS OFFICIALLY OUT OF THE BAG OMGGGGG

schneizel seems like an interesting character because not much has been revealed of his personality except that he is super smart. but i've realised he's also pretty manipulative and knows how to twist situations to his advantage without anyone realising what he is doing..... which is very Sneaky

i was a little confused about why suzaku was acting all betrayed that lelouch is zero, i thought at the end of r1 he found out????? so what is all this then? and why did lelouch not tell suzaku that he used his geass on euphy by mistake? and that rolo killed shirley? no need to act all noble now my dude, you need to repair this friendship

also sending rolo to rescue nunnally is a risky move but i suppose lelouch doesn't know how much rolo hates her
Aug 2, 2020 2:40 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
I thought Lelouch had made a mistake and was done for again, but nope... always has a plan! Very satisfying seeing him get away again. Plans upon plans.
Aug 19, 2020 12:32 AM

May 2015
Lelouch isn't in a very good mental state, while Schneizel seems ready to manipulate everything. I wonder what Lelouch's dad is preoccupied with, and Suzaku still seems to be compensating the nuke.

Things are not looking good at all but as usual... I'm still hyped for how the events of these things shall proceed.
Oct 12, 2020 8:50 PM
Jul 2020
Damn.. Suzaku really did Lelouch like that. It almost made me cry lol.
Jun 28, 2021 4:02 AM

Apr 2018
Well it's obv that Lelouch will lose the war.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 15, 2021 5:10 AM

Feb 2018
Damn now Guilford will be a traitor as well rip :S
Oct 11, 2021 9:18 PM

Apr 2020
This is why I hate Suzaku
Oct 27, 2021 9:02 PM

Aug 2018
Things really are going bad for Lelouch. I seriously don't want to watch anymore...

Nov 8, 2021 7:54 AM

Sep 2016
I still don't get why Suzaku would go through with fucking NUKING a whole place filled with people. It's the complete opposite of what his character was supposed to believe in, and Euphemia as well.
Ahenshihael said:
Neverender said:
You disagree? I mean, don't get me wrong; I enjoy this show but how was that entire episode not retarded as hell? One second Suzaku and Lelouche are enemies, the next they're buddies again, and the next, Lelouche assumes Suzaku set him up, making them enemies once again. It's a vicious cycle of stupid.

Wrong...its how humans act. Hell, wars start over puny misunderstandings.

Wrong. Wars never start over puny misunderstandings, they are carefully planned or thought of in advance during a long conflict.
Humans may be inconsistent creatures, but there is a basis to our inconsistency. It's never something that "just happens". This part is just bad writing, plain and simple.
Dec 9, 2021 1:14 AM

Aug 2017
Well, i dislike both characters but what Lelouch did to Suzaku in this episode was pretty awful. Suzaku knows about the Geass since the first season yet Lelouch never told him that Euphy's order was due his malfunctioning Geass. And why Lelouch believes Suzaku set him up now? lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 11, 2021 11:16 AM

Mar 2021
The vampire of Britannia is pretty wild stupid nickname though. I feel like lulu was telling more truth than lies they just want people to like his character so made it seem like he was lying. Trusting Rolo to go after nanalle really… it’s ridiculous that Suzaku is immune from any repercussions just because he’s a knight of the round come on.
Apr 25, 2022 12:08 AM

Jul 2017
i didn't like this episode, i hate suzaku
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - Apr 26

5 by Arminken »»
Apr 26, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.