Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 23, 2018 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
You know Saiko was right about one thing at least. This is his fault. But not because he suddenly got sick enough to require a fucking operation. But because he allowed his body to even reach that stage through sheer neglect. What did he think was going to happen? That he would fucking power through the problem with just guts and willpower?!
DON'T FUCK WITH ME! REAL LIFE AIN'T THAT EASY BITCH!!!!!!!!

And yeah, okay maybe putting them on hiatus for the rest of their high school year is harsh, but FUCK, the boy just does not listen! Forget even about a 3-month hiatus, he didn't even a want a single one!

Really hope the Chief Editor settles on a compromise and makes Saiko take at least a little holiday. But then again, this has way too much shonen overtones so i'm not holding on to too much hope...
Feb 9, 2019 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
Really, these fucking people........
The boy is having major body failures from over-working, and they think not letting him kill himself by work is hideous.
Mar 15, 2019 8:37 PM

Jul 2011
It's incredible how shallow-minded some people are in the comments. I guess that's why I've avoided reading through episode discussions on MAL for a while now, but it never ceases to amaze me how some people just don't understand the characters.

I was worried about the direction season 2 was going to take, but I couldn't be any happier with the route they've taken so far. Interested to see how things will play out from here.
Dec 16, 2019 1:57 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see their unity in boycotting for Mashiro's sake - even Aogi's in on it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2020 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
Ohhhh, exciting!

Apr 1, 2020 12:26 AM
Apr 2020
Yea this episode didn’t do it for me. It just doesn’t make sense. The Chief Editor is right in making him wait till after high school to Continue his series. Of course his health is more important. Why would any friend risk their friends well-being to draw manga? Sounds like bad friends to me tbh. The writer definitely tried to make Saiko seem as if he’s doing something heroic and manly and it’s kind of contrived and dumb. Like bro... you’re gonna die... lol. This show was perfect till this moment but imma still finish it šŸ˜¬
Oct 2, 2020 9:33 AM

May 2018
So they're boycotting, huh. I hope it succeeds ;)
Nov 3, 2020 10:24 PM

Jan 2019
Every adult in this manga except the chief editor and Mashiro's mom are kids on adults' bodies, case closed.

Actually, if I was chief editor I would've just cancelled TRAP, after all there are a lot of mangakas trying to enter. Mashiro could die from overworking, and that would make a pretty bad image for Shounen Jack since he's underage.

Mashirou saying he will quit high school is such a backstabbing move from him. When he got his mom's approval, he swear he wouldn't let manga interfere his studies. Now not only he didn't fulfill that promise but wants to straight up destroy it. What an annoying brat.

I think the stupidest part was "My uncle died from overworking but he was proud of doing so!" Mashiro, go jump from a bridge then, you asshole.
RottenOrangeNov 3, 2020 10:29 PM
Jan 12, 2021 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
The Team Fukuda (and Hiramaru) boycott is here! Of course it makes sense for Ashirogi Muto to be on hiatus despite the bset efforts from Mashiro to draw while hospitalized and ultimately that part of the conclusion is the right call, but the main conflict that everyone has with the Chief Editor (including some of the editors themselves), is the fact that he has to wait all the way till he's graduated from high school, months after he would have recovered due to the fact that Moritaka's uncle passed away due to overworking and how the Chief Editor was seemingly close with Nobuhiro and wants to prevent that from happening again. I feel like regardless of what happens and when it returns, TRAP will still be in tons of danger regardless due to the fact that the delay would lose a lot of the audience really quickly and would be too much ground for them to recover like how they managed to turn it around eventually after 5 chapters.
Jan 31, 2021 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
This is so endearing. (; All his rivals and their editors disagree with the decision to place Ashigori's manga on hiatus. (; It's always nice to see the number of comrades a protagonist makes accumulate in an anime.
Pretty much every major character is rooting for Mashiro and risking themselves to fight for him. ;-;
10/10 episode.
Jul 19, 2021 6:48 PM

Jan 2020
Boycott, huh? Seems like it'll work somehow...
Jul 19, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2020
And of course, Hiramaru will take part in it with pleasure....
Jul 19, 2021 6:50 PM

Jan 2020
Didn't expect that even the selfish Aoki is taking part in it...
Oct 19, 2021 9:53 AM

Dec 2007
mashiro's health is understood to make TRAP going hiatus, but the chief director taking it too far, 'till april?
and if he's so worrying for mashiro to follow his uncle way, he should'v make him stop manga for entirety, no just 'till he will finish school.

that being said, mashiro pushes himself too much, he should think first how to keep his body healthy together with being mangaka. if he will discharge from hospital he needs to make sure not to come back there, or those events will repeat themselves.

miura totally failed stopping mashiro xD
and hiramaru is my favourite character, he's just so good being him.

oh, and the boycott is probably the best part in the whole series.
it sure won't bother jack to cancel 3 new manga, but stopping CROW that getting more and more popular will be seriously bad.
Oct 25, 2021 5:23 PM
Oct 2019
I usually just go with the flow of the show so it’s pretty rare that I think “what is everyone thinking here?” And I’m glad to see from these comments not everyone is going along with the show as well.

As another earlier comment stated, if Mashiro tripped and break his leg or something, I agree the hiatus is uncalled for. But his current predicament (and he admits it himself) is his own doing and is done in the pursuit of his work. And I remember him mentioning he sleeps three hours a day and thinks eating food will take up time. There is a point where hard work crosses into self-destructive behavior and this is that. I also have absolutely no trust in Mashiro when he says he’ll do things “in moderation”. So I understand his mom as well. And the reason he’s so overworked is he’s still in high school so I understand the decision for the hiatus to be till after the graduation. Basically this is all down to Mashiro. Eiji and Takagi are also high school students but why didn’t they land themselves in the hospital ? It’s because they have self-control and take care of themselves.

And this “my dream, my body” attitude is also very selfish. Sure it’s your life but you have people who care for you. How would his mother feel if he dies ? Takagi, Azuki ? His father and grandpa losing yet another family member in the same way ? The editor in chief is also responsible since Mashiro is doing it under his magazine. And I think everyone jumping in in support without addressing what Mashiro did wrong is really iffy. Why hasn’t anyone really questioned why he collapsed in the first place ? I get that this is shounen but the MC staring into the camera with intense passion and talks about his DrEaMs is not working for me in this situation. I don’t always rant but I think it needed to be said. You shouldn’t die for your work. And even if it is your passion, shouldn’t you want to live longer to do more of it ?
Jul 14, 2022 12:32 PM

Nov 2018
Is stupidity contagious or they are just trying to overexaggerate childishness?
I hate everyone equally
Jul 14, 2022 12:46 PM

Nov 2018
''My uncle died a proud idiot and I am proud of being this proud idiot's idiotic nephew so obviously I will follow him to grave because pride''
I hate everyone equally
Oct 22, 2022 8:14 PM

Jan 2020
Team Fukuda is on strike! I have somewhat high hopes for the next episode since every time Team Fukuda comes together it's a good time.

Again, this is kind of a weird plot point to bring up so early in Moritaka and Takagi's career. It seems like if they were that worried about Moritaka following in his uncle's footsteps, they should've not let him draw manga in the first place. If I remember correctly, the editor-in-chief seemed to have high hopes for him because of his uncle, and now he's punishing him for it. Though, it feels more like bad writing than anything. I feel like this series shoots itself in the foot a lot.

Otherwise; even if the hiatus goes on without a hitch, it seems like an odd risk to take from the editor's standpoint. They could lose out on a promising artist. I could easily see Moritaka just taking his skills to a different magazine. Even Niizuma is ready to do that and he doesn't seem half as headstrong as Moritaka.

I can see why people were complaining about this season now.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 16, 2022 12:00 PM
Sep 2018
I have to post my comment here bc these comments are split too.

everyone except the chief editor are so fucking dumb.

why ashirogi muto should go on hiatus until graduation:
1. even after saiko is better, they will need to spend that last time studying to finish that last and hardest part of high school (ppl spend all their time WITHOUT drawing manga, so they can't be doing weekly serialisations at that point)

2. their stress and mentalities of work, work, work are not healthy right now. taking a long break from publishing does not have to mean taking a break from MANGA, i think they should rebuild their relationship with it during this time

3. the uncle, girlfriend and mother are actually all reasons. his uncle influenced saiko a lot and normalised overworking oneself to him. so, it makes sense to be extra cautious around saiko. miho is important to him and by this point they won't get an anime by the end of high school anyway (why do i have a feeling i may be wrong as i type this?), so just wait for her sake. and his mother...don't worry your mother and listen to her, goddamn it!

4. that man's ambition rhetoric that they push is soooo stupid. if killing yourself with stress is a man's / mangaka's ideal, then i'm happy to not be a guy (eventho guys should not be like this) + (women have just as much ambition and drive too, wth?). oh and listen to miyoshi! she's kinda toxic for continuously slapping takagi, but she has sense! i like her, takagi and the chief the most :')

all in all, i forgive individual characters for having dumb, unrealistic viewpoints. but when it is all of them, then i get pissed. this is basically self harm.
Dec 16, 2022 12:01 PM
Sep 2018
Thalandor46 said:
Of a fairly large cast of characters, there are two people who don't sound bafflingly stupid at the moment. They are, of course, the editor in chief and Mashiro's mother. I can't fathom how anyone can even suggest that Mashiro keep up with the schedule that put him in that position in the first place. You don't have to stop drawing, you don't have to stop working on Trap. You have a guarantee that your serialization will continue at a point in time where there is no longer anything (like, say, high school) in your way. There is absolutely no reason you can't recover, finish school, and come back stronger than ever. But no, everyone and their dog is horrified by such an idea. "My uncle who died because he was overworked was proud of the fact that he overworked". What in the hell is wrong with these people!? I swear this has gone from one of my favorite shows to one of my least favorite shows in just two episodes.

i completely agree
Mar 21, 12:19 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to Thalandor46
Of a fairly large cast of characters, there are two people who don't sound bafflingly stupid at the moment. They are, of course, the editor in chief and Mashiro's mother. I can't fathom how anyone can even suggest that Mashiro keep up with the schedule that put him in that position in the first place. You don't have to stop drawing, you don't have to stop working on Trap. You have a guarantee that your serialization will continue at a point in time where there is no longer anything (like, say, high school) in your way. There is absolutely no reason you can't recover, finish school, and come back stronger than ever. But no, everyone and their dog is horrified by such an idea. "My uncle who died because he was overworked was proud of the fact that he overworked". What in the hell is wrong with these people!? I swear this has gone from one of my favorite shows to one of my least favorite shows in just two episodes.
Thalandor46 said:

Couldn't agree more. Every character except these two is just plain stupid in this part, why the hell are they romanticizing died from overworking that much? Not to mention that this is practically Mashiro's whole fault since taking care of his body isn't even that hard and doesn't cost time that much, yet he insist that he need to in order to achieve his dream blablabla yadayada. God, never been pissed at a show this much since I watched Imas Cinderella two and half a year ago.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

72 by NatsukiCookies »»
Apr 16, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2011

169 by LuffyetWade »»
Apr 16, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

78 by Karva1 »»
Mar 29, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 24, 2012

150 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

105 by DZento »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:44 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.