Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2008 12:50 AM

Nov 2007

Well, what sports anime are you planning to watch?

I'm planning to watch Big Windup or Oofuri. I can't remember it's long name. xD
MayukaNov 1, 2015 12:28 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 21, 2008 11:23 PM
Apr 2008
Shion no Ou which is like before the end of the year
Aug 22, 2008 10:23 AM

Feb 2008
Oofuri is a great anime so have fun watching it!

I recently finished Over Drive which is about biking. I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure how soon I'll watch another sports anime, but the above mentioned Shion no Ou sounds good.

I really should watch Prince of Tennis, but it seems like a daunting task for some reason. ^^;; heheh
Aug 24, 2008 3:55 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah, many people seem to ik Prince of Tennis, I haven't watched it before. I might wacth it sometime in the future, but i don't now, I don't like shoujo-ish animes.

Aug 25, 2008 8:37 AM

Jul 2007
i look most forward to watching eyeshield 21 since i heard its really good , hope its gonna be subbed soon :)
Sep 11, 2008 9:31 AM

Jan 2008
ookiku...i hear that anime's pwnage
Oct 22, 2008 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
i love eyesheild 21! and prince of tennis is really good 2.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
Oct 24, 2008 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
I would like to watch those anime pictures dedicated either to heavy sports or athletics.
Oct 25, 2008 9:33 PM

Jul 2007
Just started One Outs...not sure if its going to take a gambling route, or an actual sports route, though...I'm sure I can found out by a simple Google search, but I'm too lazy :\
Oct 30, 2008 8:29 AM

Jul 2008
e
jellyville said:
Just started One Outs...not sure if its going to take a gambling route, or an actual sports route, though...I'm sure I can found out by a simple Google search, but I'm too lazy :

I think i saw a summary somewhere that Toah will get recruited. It'l probably take the actual sports route using his gambling skills to strike the opponents out. Just a conjecture. WHat do u think?

Jan 12, 2009 9:57 PM
Dec 2007
Just finished musashi no ken, next up is Ore wa Teppei. (Keeping up with good old kendo series ^^)
Jan 15, 2009 12:05 PM

Oct 2008
Thinking about watching Aoki Densetsu Shoot!
Jan 24, 2009 11:16 PM

Jan 2008
i'm planning to watch Eyeshield

anyone saw that and say that it's good?
Jan 31, 2009 10:33 AM

Dec 2007
silverangel said:
Thinking about watching Aoki Densetsu Shoot!
You'll like it. ^_~
Sep 11, 2015 6:47 PM

Feb 2015
Ahh I wish I saw this earlier, as I thought of the same thing!

There's the new season of Haikyuu!! coming out next month, so I'm really looking forward to watching that. Prince of Stride was recently announced to be airing in the winter season--not to mention it's being adapted by Madhouse! (.O.) For aired anime, I really want to watch Baby Steps and Tsuritama, hopefully soon.
Oct 3, 2015 8:44 PM

Mar 2013
I'm currently watching Giant Killing.

Next I'm planning to start these in this order:

1. Big Windup!
2. Slam Dunk
3. Ping Pong The Animation
4. One Outs
5. Over Drive
6. Chihayafuru
7. Eyeshield 21
8. Ginga e Kickoff!!
9. Dear Boys
Oct 4, 2015 6:19 PM

May 2013
Planning to get to Diamond no Ace, but the length is deterring me.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Oct 4, 2015 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
Don't let it. It's very good once you get past the first few episode. Yes, the MC is a pain.

I've d/led Haikyuu! 2 and ready to watch that.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 5, 2015 8:08 PM

Jul 2014
I was upset with quickly I caught up to the show at episode 50. During those episodes they do a really good job dividing the attention between Sawamura and the rest of Seido.
Oct 11, 2015 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
Kotobukii said:
Planning to get to Diamond no Ace, but the length is deterring me.

I had the same hesitation (of the long episode length) before I started watching DnA; however now, I find it to be not nearly enough. The beginning might be slow, but the show definitely gets better as it goes on. Just try it. ^.^

Side note: It might be frustrating to see the MC not being as on par with the other outstanding members at first, but his development is quite realistic (at least in my opinion). Eijun (the MC of Diamond no Ace) grew on me, and now he became one of the reasons that I tune into the show every week. ^.^
Oct 11, 2015 2:50 PM

Feb 2015
ibear said:
I was upset with quickly I caught up to the show at episode 50. During those episodes they do a really good job dividing the attention between Sawamura and the rest of Seido.

Isn't it a good thing that you caught up quickly? xD I agree with you. They did a good job in showing how each of the key players (especially the 3rd years) shines on their own. I've grown to be fond of them, and I miss seeing them in the 2nd season... Glad they get screen time here and there tough. ^.^
Oct 31, 2015 9:23 AM

Aug 2015
Planning on watching Air Gear, One Outs, Prince of Stride, and Eyeshield 21. I tend to hesitate watching series with over 50+ eps such as Eyeshield. But I'm determine to complete the series.
Nov 1, 2015 3:33 PM
Oct 2015
AYOSHINA said:
Planning on watching Air Gear, One Outs, Prince of Stride, and Eyeshield 21. I tend to hesitate watching series with over 50+ eps such as Eyeshield. But I'm determine to complete the series.

You should definitely watch Eyeshield 21. It's so funny and amazing. If you don't want to watch such a long anime, you could read the manga which has 338 chapters. Which is also pretty freaking long.
Nov 16, 2015 9:43 PM

Jun 2013
I've been wanting to watch Yowamushi Pedal for the longest time. I really should get to it when I find the time ._.
Nov 17, 2015 8:57 AM

Oct 2015
tinglespalace said:
I've been wanting to watch Yowamushi Pedal for the longest time. I really should get to it when I find the time ._.

You definitely should! I watched it just because I chose randomly and god, it was sooo good that I binge-watched all episodes (which is normal for me but still) and now I am eagerly waiting for the 3rd Season to air ~
Nov 22, 2015 3:58 PM

Feb 2015
tinglespalace said:

It's really good! It's even more enjoyable if you like biking! ^.^ I learned more about biking through the series--and it's not boring at all. I found it interesting. :)

(Love your avatar by the way. xD)
Nov 22, 2015 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
tinglespalace said:

You should! It's really good. The characters are really diverse, which I love. And since the art is a bit odd, they don't rely on attractive characters to keep things interesting.

-

I'm currently watching One Outs and Haikyuu 2, and rewatching the first season of Haikyuu! I'll either be watching Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger or Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai Hen next. A lot of people pass up Ippo because of it's age and older, less pretty art style, but I promise you it's a gem! As someone who thoroughly enjoy pretty anime like Free, I was really surprised by just how much I loved Ippo.

Anyone else looking forward to Prince of Stride and All Out!! in the upcoming seasons?

Nov 22, 2015 5:20 PM

Jun 2008
Galaxia said:
tinglespalace said:

You should! It's really good. The characters are really diverse, which I love. And since the art is a bit odd, they don't rely on attractive characters to keep things interesting.
You need to remember that anime is an artform. In all the years I've been watching it there is not one style that defines it. I loved the rotoscoping of Aku no Hana because it fit the psychological theme of it. With the sports I like the edginess of the artwork that seems to capture the speed of each sport. Also each character is attractive in their own way and that comes out in the personality that's written into them.
I've met some people who were physically attractive but we not because of their personality, and some people who were average looking but had great personalities that overrode their averageness.
What I'm saying is don't let how they are drawn define if you like them of not.

Nov 22, 2015 8:46 PM

Apr 2008
sbyrstall said:
Galaxia said:

You need to remember that anime is an artform. In all the years I've been watching it there is not one style that defines it. I loved the rotoscoping of Aku no Hana because it fit the psychological theme of it. With the sports I like the edginess of the artwork that seems to capture the speed of each sport. Also each character is attractive in their own way and that comes out in the personality that's written into them.
I've met some people who were physically attractive but we not because of their personality, and some people who were average looking but had great personalities that overrode their averageness.
What I'm saying is don't let how they are drawn define if you like them of not.

I might have been unclear, but what I meant is that I loved the fact that YowaPeda doesn't utilize traditionally attractive characters. Not to say that anime is defined by one art style, but there is a distinct difference in the art of Free, Haikyuu, and OoFuri versus YowaPeda. I do like their designs a lot because they're so diverse and while it's not actually realistic because it is still anime, but art that better captures the differences in people. Um, this still may not be coming out right. The art isn't why I love it, but it is one thing I love about it. Like with Ippo... definitely not super into that artstyle but it's actually my highest rated sports anime!

Nov 25, 2015 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
I'm on ep 2 of Diamond no Ace. I'm not very fond of it so far... I wanna know if it gets any better :'<
Nov 25, 2015 7:06 AM

Mar 2008
I definitely want to get around to Ashita no Joe, Ace wo Nerae, Adachi's lot, and Eyeshield 21 sometime. Sports anime's lengths are such a blessing and curse.

Vivie said:
I'm on ep 2 of Diamond no Ace. I'm not very fond of it so far... I wanna know if it gets any better :'<
What aren't you liking? If it's Sawamura, then there'll be another co-star who gets a lot of love/hate depending where you sit. Maybe that could salvage it for you.
Nov 25, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2014
Hmmm, I wanna know about the game's pacing and comedy elements. I wouldn't mind annoying MC as long as he doesn't get too much spotlight ^^
Nov 25, 2015 7:30 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
I definitely want to get around to Ashita no Joe, Ace wo Nerae, Adachi's lot, and Eyeshield 21 sometime. Sports anime's lengths are such a blessing and curse..
*whispers* es21 manga!!!

Vivie said:
Hmmm, I wanna know about the game's pacing and comedy elements. I wouldn't mind annoying MC as long as he doesn't get too much spotlight ^^
he gets better development and the anime is focused around the team, not just one character

the pacing is somewhat slow and its pretty funny
Nov 25, 2015 7:35 AM

Mar 2008
The comedy/Sawamura gags stay pretty consistently frequent throughout the show, so if you dislike them, I suppose it would grate a little/lot.

mayukachan said:
Ckan said:
I definitely want to get around to Ashita no Joe, Ace wo Nerae, Adachi's lot, and Eyeshield 21 sometime. Sports anime's lengths are such a blessing and curse..
*whispers* es21 manga!!!
I'm not sure I'm quite hearing you. What're you trying to say, mayuka?
Nov 25, 2015 7:36 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
What're you trying to say, mayuka?
READ THE MANGA
IGNORE THE ANIME
Nov 25, 2015 7:38 AM

Mar 2008
What happened with the anime? I need those 100 eps for my epeen, y'know.
Nov 25, 2015 7:41 AM

Jul 2012
anime's art is disgusting

pls ckan
the manga has one punch man's artist....

Anime

Manga
Nov 25, 2015 7:47 AM

Mar 2008
But that just means the reading will make for an even better 'rewatch!' Trashy anime art is a favourite of mine.

It's settled then. Anime Eyeshield 2020, here I come.

Your input has been very informative though.

And just look at those anime fangs. They're fantastic.
Nov 25, 2015 7:48 AM

Jul 2012
Your choice haha :-)

The anime is alright, I guess. Beautiful seiyuu cast! I haven't finished it though...
Nov 25, 2015 7:52 AM

Mar 2008
Despite your advice it was not a hard choice, but do not be discouraged.

And here I thought seiyuu were a major thing for you. Or was the anime really so ugly?

I'll have to see for myself. In 2020.
Nov 25, 2015 7:54 AM

Jul 2012
The anime was really so ugly, haha.

The seiyuu are mostly older ones so I don't care for it that much. But Miyu Irino and Miyano Mamoru sound quite nice in it.
Nov 25, 2015 8:08 AM

Jun 2008
Vivie said:
I had the same issue with this series also, Sawamaru. Once you get past the first dozen, he becomes less of the focus. The focus then turns to the team and each of the members. Just bare with it for while. The first few episodes of any anime is annoying since it's about introducing the characters.

Nov 25, 2015 8:09 AM

Mar 2008
Eyeshield was what, mid 2000s? They must've still been so young. Seiyuu can sound so raw during their early roles.

I think it was Kamiya Hiroshi who not so long ago I heard as a supporting character in a 1999 show, and there was this long bawling scene. He was so cheesy, and it had those moments where you couldn't tell whether he was crying or laughing. But other than that, he had the exact same distinct voice and everything (exactly like his Natsume.) Err, sidetracking aside, it's a lot of fun hearing VA's across their careers.
Nov 25, 2015 7:22 PM

Apr 2014
Galaxia said:
Anyone else looking forward to Prince of Stride and All Out!! in the upcoming seasons?

So, so much.
Nov 25, 2015 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
currycurry said:
Galaxia said:

So, so much.
Same, omg. I'm so happy c:

Ckan said:
I think it was Kamiya Hiroshi who not so long ago I heard as a supporting character in a 1999 show, and there was this long bawling scene. He was so cheesy, and it had those moments where you couldn't tell whether he was crying or laughing. But other than that, he had the exact same distinct voice and everything (exactly like his Natsume.) Err, sidetracking aside, it's a lot of fun hearing VA's across their careers.
Yes!! It's amazing hearing them when they were noobs XD

Tatsun (Suzuki Tatsuhisa) played one of the main team members in Dear Boys lol. It's sounds hilarious!
Nov 25, 2015 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
I'm eager to see how Prince of stride makes running interesting.
Nov 26, 2015 1:03 AM

Feb 2015
ibear said:
I'm eager to see how Prince of stride makes running interesting.

Same here. ...from the looks it it, it seems to be a relay/marathon kind of running, as there are teams.
Nov 26, 2015 5:03 AM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
anime's art is disgusting

I so agree that ES 21 art is lousy as hell, especially Hiruma and the girls. I can't even... I tolerated through the whole anime just because of the manga. Had I watched the anime before reading the manga. I doubt that I would have kept up >"<

That being said, I really hope they'll make some OVA with "improved" art... Really wanna see the Christmas Bowl animated.
Nov 26, 2015 8:06 AM

Feb 2013
ES21's manga art is just too gorgeous to pass up on. And the anime left some stuff out (and maybe changed some stuff?? It's been awhile since I watched it) so I'd absolutely recommend the manga over the anime. That anime art just can't compare
Nov 26, 2015 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Gerandpa said:
And the anime left some stuff out (and maybe changed some stuff?? It's been awhile since I watched it)

Anime had some filler and they didn't end at the same point (cut out like the last few arcs, I believe)
Nothing special haha
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Apply for Staff

Mayuka - Nov 25, 2015

12 by Mayuka »»
May 14, 2018 10:41 AM

» Running/Track & Field

Dodecahedron-O24 - Apr 17, 2014

8 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:38 PM

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 )

June - Dec 5, 2007

139 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:36 PM

» First Anime? ( 1 2 )

June - Jul 29, 2007

73 by Noene »»
Nov 19, 2017 7:29 PM

» Sports anime/manga that inspired you to play the game?

Vivie - Nov 25, 2015

40 by Mishina »»
Jun 29, 2017 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.