Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2011 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very popular among classmates with being the vocalist.

She's staying with Shu?

His friend worries about him.

Prob. and someone outside, schoolmate, saw it.

Put out void to find that person out?

Oh, not he touched class rep.'s chest, and she's been chasing him.

Trying to get everyone's voids out... wow~

The friend helping out saved him, and that's him who saw what happened yesterday.

Shu finally got his void.

He pushed him out from the train and got caught.

Airing late again next week.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 27, 2011 9:52 AM

May 2011
expected inori staying with shu lol. a cliffhanger and friend betrays him ='{ but i couldn't help but lol he touched the class rep's chest when he was out looking for his void lol.
Oct 27, 2011 11:25 AM

Aug 2010
Shu might develop some trust problems after getting crossed like that.
Oct 27, 2011 11:40 AM

Jun 2011
Woohooo! Much better episode than the last. No fanservice - at least any really poorly done blatant ones IMO :]

@Raging people from Episode 2 Discussion... Gai's void perception explained!
Also, hurray! More news about void rules!

Serious WTF Moment: He was going to pull the void out of that girl right in front of everybody!??! Seriously? I see how they set that up for the embarrassing moment where his picture was taken but if the void grab had worked.... jeez that would have been the most screwed up thing ever. It would be like trying to stop a leak by shooting the pipe lol...

Other Notes:
1) Rushed relationship.... "Can I stay with you forever?" That was fast...
2) I'm convinced that Inori is really Kanade who had extensive skin grafts and surgery. Soft-spoken, lacking friends, violent when necessary (Sword Void haha I can't wait to see how they're going to explain this)... Kanade signals going crazy - not to mention that kanade's voice actress is actually in this anime :O. I wish they just had Hanazawa voice Inori... I swear if it turns out she likes Mapo tofu I'm going to hurt someone.
Am i a burden to you? really?
3) He needs a mask - too late :P
4) Leaning on Fourth Wall trope handled awkwardly. I voted 2D girls btw
5) Poor Shouta, that was hilarious - impaled in the air ouch!
Main stuff: Episode mostly focuses on developing characters and ends with sudden plot development. His dad is the scientist guy? Irony.... (Correct me if I'm wrong, Inori mentioned the guy's name and the scientist had same name, no?)
roflrangrlolOct 27, 2011 11:57 AM
Oct 27, 2011 11:43 AM

Jan 2011
prismheart said:

^ This.
Oct 27, 2011 11:45 AM

May 2010
Good episode.

So we got some disclosures about this Void. It also explained why Gai knows what Void will Shu pull from Daryl in the previous ep.

It was kinda predictable that Yahiro is the one they're looking for but didn't expect the last part.

The new guy reminds me of Jeremiah Gottwald for some reason. lol

I hope this will get better.
Oct 27, 2011 11:57 AM

Oct 2010
StormViruz said:
So we got some disclosures about this Void. It also explained why Gai knows what Void will Shu pull from Daryl in the previous ep.
Plot hole alert canceled thankfully. One thing that Gai skill is inner or acquired. That was not clear with me.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 27, 2011 12:06 PM

Aug 2011
Honestly this was an awesome episode. I love all the characters and the plot is just thickening! I am dieing to see what happens next episode meow!!!
Oct 27, 2011 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
The whole school life episode was to be expected. Pretty much everything that happened inside the school was to be expected as well. A little disappointed that they went with the cliche girl stays at MC's place. However, all of that was made up for the ALL THE EPIC FUCKING MUSIC! RAHGG I WANT THE OST NOW!
Oct 27, 2011 12:11 PM

Jun 2011
drendren said:
The whole school life episode was to be expected. Pretty much everything that happened inside the school was to be expected as well. A little disappointed that they went with the cliche girl stays at MC's place. However, all of that was made up for the ALL THE EPIC FUCKING MUSIC! RAHGG I WANT THE OST NOW!

I think they handled it pretty well seeing how dramatically things changed. The school life actually had some relevance.
-Source of Void Practice
-Source of Betrayal
I just hope they don't return to it now that Shu's been discovered but seeing how there are a lot of loose ties... They haven't introduced Arisa yet, right?
Oct 27, 2011 12:12 PM

May 2011
Damn, he got ratted out. That was quick. not sure why the timing. If Yahiro had seen them during the "norma gene" drug buy, he could have ratted them out before the theater balcony confrontation. I guess it could have been coincidence, or he wasn't sure until that scene, or maybe Yahiro wasn't being roll by GHC's new commander Segei until after Yahiro and Shu made their agreement.

Not to mention his mother is part of the Sephirah genomics senior team. Which now makes sense that Gai would know Shu since it's obvious that he'd know everything about the Sephirah team including their families.

Btw, you Final Fantasy fanatics would recognize that symbolism of the research team's name. Sephirah sounds a lot like Sephiroth, the genetically enhanced antagonist in Final Fantasy 7 story. Heck, Gai even looks a little bit like Sephiroth, also he's rocking some genetic enhancements himself.

Shu is starting to annoy me a bit. He's quickly turning into a pathetic bumbling idiot protagonist that I tend to loath. The only thing I like about him are his astute observations, similar to Yuuji from Shakagen no Shana.

Inori seems spacey. not sure what her deal is. I got a feeling she's been messed up for some time due to trauma in her life. As much as she seems distant she's overly trusting of Shu. I'm sure there's a reason for that that hasn't been explained.

I would have rather they avoided the classic ecchi plot device known as the boob grab. It happened. I'll deal. But it sorta ruins the whole seriousness of the show. It reminds me of last season's Kamisama Dolls when they go from super serious to fan service ecchi comedy moments at any given scene.
CirrisOct 27, 2011 12:19 PM
Oct 27, 2011 12:17 PM

Dec 2009
OMG, the BGM in this anime is sooo awesome <3
yuno6.jpg
Oct 27, 2011 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
echan12101992 said:
drendren said:

I think they handled it pretty well seeing how dramatically things changed. The school life actually had some relevance.
-Source of Void Practice
-Source of Betrayal
I just hope they don't return to it now that Shu's been discovered but seeing how there are a lot of loose ties... They haven't introduced Arisa yet, right?

I'm not saying the school setting had no relevance, I'm just saying that everything that happened was very predictable. Using school as void practice, chest grab scene, snitch, betrayal. inori living with shu. Everything in this episode was extremely predictable. Don't get me wrong, they executed it well, I'm just not that impressed atm.
Oct 27, 2011 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Also, Inori is starting to annoy me. She barely ever talks and all she does is listen to what Gai says until MC tells her otherwise and then she just goes with what he says. Too inconsistent. If she's going to be loyal then there should've been conflict between her and shu when shu told her not to shoot. Bitch have an opinion.
Oct 27, 2011 12:44 PM

Aug 2008
Shu is way too easy influenced. Still hoping to see some character development of him in the future episodes, though.

On a side note, it seems that serious business is going to start next week. Looking forward to it.

Forum set is a gift from Bunnyama
Oct 27, 2011 12:46 PM

Aug 2011
Spirit_Sempai said:
OMG, the BGM in this anime is sooo awesome <3

Truer words have never been spoken. Actually, a lot of the season's BGM have been pretty awesome.

I don't know if it's just the translation, but I don't really buy Shu's melodramatic reasoning for not letting Inori kill his friend. Isn't a normal reaction more of a "dude you can't just kill people?"

In any case, needs moar Tsugumi.
violaxcore.png
Oct 27, 2011 12:52 PM

Jun 2011
inori... is.. so cute o.o
Oct 27, 2011 12:53 PM

Aug 2009
OMGGGG!!!! WHAT A BACKSTABBING LITTLE BITCH!!!!!
Oct 27, 2011 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
StormViruz said:
It was kinda predictable that Yahiro is the one they're looking for but didn't expect the last part.

Yes, Yahiro was a jerk to the bones, seriously. I knew he wasn't going to do any good.

Somehow Inori is even more cute in this episode. The last part almost made me to tears, her sad face of "don't let me go!".
Oct 27, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2011
daniellkun said:
StormViruz said:

Yes, Yahiro was a jerk to the bones, seriously. I knew he wasn't going to do any good.

Somehow Inori is even more cute in this episode. The last part almost made me to tears, her sad face of "don't let me go!".

Omg I loved that face! She was so sad and scared for him!
Oct 27, 2011 1:19 PM

Aug 2010
Flawless episode.
I love supercell's music comp.
Dr. Ginger lol
They just went Death Note style with Shu's "friend".
Oct 27, 2011 1:24 PM

Apr 2011
Well, that's one theory proved wrong... I still maintain that Yan-San will eventually side with Shu/Undertakers
Oct 27, 2011 1:26 PM
Sep 2009
prismheart said:

^ This.

Keiz said:
inori... is.. so cute o.o

^ And this.

daniellkun said:

^ And, ohmygod, this~

Inori Yuzuriha = Best Part of This Show. Just saying~

Though, on the other hand, I really do like Shu; it's as if he's a likable wishy-washy protagonist, which I guess stems from the idea that his character can hit a little close-to-home within some people, such as myself. Not to mention, Inori's line, "Does a person have to have friends?" really struck a chord with me, too.

Overall, as of right now, this show might be a little on the average side, but I really appreciate some of things it does, even if they're only subtle or minor points. Plus, the art's still amazing as ever~
BL2WOct 27, 2011 1:30 PM
Oct 27, 2011 1:28 PM

Dec 2010
Sumimaseeeeeeeen.....xD

Correct me if i'm wrong. But i think Yahiro must saw Inori too when Shu was asked to join FP.
So why it's just Shu who was getting arrested?

BL2W said:
Though, on the other hand, I really do like Shu; it's as if he's a likable wishy-washy protagonist, which I guess stems from the idea that his character can hit a little close-to-home within some people, such as myself. Not to mention, Inori's line, "Does a person have to have friends?" really struck a chord with me, too.

This ^^
Aquila_ElOct 27, 2011 1:53 PM
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Oct 27, 2011 1:39 PM

May 2010
what a lame ass episode. the whole school thing just made obvious how overrated this piece of garbage anime realy is.
Oct 27, 2011 2:03 PM

Oct 2010
Putting this now among the many other fun pointless fan service but hey I declare to give up on my frustrations of ecchi not being present in this series and just get along with it after all they say "If you can't beat them join them" and so anyone catch the YES in the music at the part in the following spoiler
and yes I would do it with Inori. The pun is so obvious at that part at what it means.

Oct 27, 2011 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
BL2W said:
Inori Yuzuriha = Best Part of This Show. Just saying~

^ This.
Hopes that Shu learned his lesson too, don't trust everyone like that.
Oct 27, 2011 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
OMG! The ending! OMG! It was the best moment!
It's like a horror! Awesome!

So far the anime is good.
Oct 27, 2011 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Aquila_El said:

Correct me if i'm wrong. But i think Yahiro must saw Inori too when Shu was asked to join FP.
So why it's just Shu who was getting arrested?
Inori was unconscious while hidden in a corner during that fight. Shu actually openly fought people with that VOID SWORD.

All the plusses of this show:
- Inori. SOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOEEEEE! Seriously I love her almost as much as Kanade/Mikoto. I'd seriously cuddle her. Probably because she's a lot like Kanade like someone else mentioned. And shit is she dedicated to the wimpy male lead. There aren't many women out there who are nearly that dedicated. Wimpy male lead should just admit he luffs her too.
- DAT OST. DO WANT
- DAT ANIMATION
- Gai is seriously GAR! And has super eyes. And is super smart. And is pretty damn strong. On that video announcement he was the only one with the balls to go in without a mask and be like "HEY BITCHES FEAR ME!" Shit if Iskander didn't make his gar entry in Fate/Zero I'd think Gai was the most gar character of this show (he's 2nd to Iskander now :P).
- wimpy male lead actually is pretty smart
- wimpy male lead's mom worked on the genome project. Could make some very interesting character chemistry later on
- That new bad guy is pretty freaking awesome. Gives me Hisoka vibes
Oct 27, 2011 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
DAT ENDING.

I greatly enjoy this show.
Oct 27, 2011 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
I just want shu to stop being a BITCH! about everything that goes down, like his best bet is to join funeral parlor and stay with Gai and them
Oct 27, 2011 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Expecting shit, will confirm when done

Last two episodes were shitty. Was extremely cliche, and character development was on par with a brainless harem. The animation/art is good, and so is the OST and opening. I'll have to see how this episode goes.

Well I just finished it. Best episode so far, and that's sadly not saying much. I guess this COULD be decent if they don't copy and paste Geass's plot and the generic male lead. If this actually does something decent like develop each character effectively, as well as come up with a decent storyline, this COULD be decent. That includes not portraying the male lead like a retarded idiot, hopefully he doesn't stay like that for the entire season.

2.5/5, has potential if it stays "original", by original I don't mean fan service every ten seconds to hold attention, I mean something originally good. Not this cliche BS that's been plaguing this so far.
mdzOct 27, 2011 6:16 PM
Oct 27, 2011 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
another great episode. that yahiro guy is a total douchebag tho lol
this is my god damn signature.
Oct 27, 2011 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
daniellkun said:
I have to on the contrary that I was really scared of Inori in the following,

she freaked me out there till she let down the gun.

Oct 27, 2011 3:02 PM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Putting this now among the many other fun pointless fan service but hey I declare to give up on my frustrations of ecchi not being present in this series and just get along with it after all they say "If you can't beat them join them" and so anyone catch the YES in the music at the part in the following spoilerand yes I would do it with Inori. The pun is so obvious at that part at what it means.
I noticed that too lol.

And fuckin Yahiro..that bitch.
Oct 27, 2011 3:07 PM

Feb 2008
I want to see Inori smiling since she doesn't seem to got any emotion at all, it must been happend something in the past.
If Inori just killed him there this would never happend but Shu would hate her for killing him.
I just got a vibed that Yahiro wasn't a nice guy, a guy that taking drugs that's is no good.
He still told that GHQ Shu was part of resistances.

This is a bad sign thought, will Gai and the other save him?
What will Inori react in the train when she saw him getting push

Are they making this in the end becuase they want us to wait for the next episode?
Now I want to know what happend.

Inori: Can I stay with you forever?

What's with that?
I still got a feeling of they knew it together in the past.
They relationship sure have bee rushing.

Well, somehow the plot will still going on when they are busted but now it doesn't seem like he can go back to school.
BlackbirdOct 27, 2011 3:11 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 27, 2011 3:09 PM
Apr 2010
Seriously that Miwa Shirow's illustration is something good(surreallistic Inori FTW)...well as expected from Team member of Supercell...though.

XeoN1221Oct 27, 2011 3:15 PM
Oct 27, 2011 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
YAAAAHIIIIROOOOO!!!
good episode, i really liked the bgm that plays when inori is changing
Oct 27, 2011 3:30 PM

Sep 2007
It's like Produciton IG and the CG writers aren't even trying with this. The episode just fits all the same generic cliches and tropes to a tee. Predictable transfer student. Predictable new roommate. Predictable friend involved. Come on. They can at least try to bring it up to Code Geass's standards.

So they answer last episode's plot hole with another plot hole. How the fuck does Gai read other people's voids? Generic anime storyboarding predicts that Gai was clearly experimented on with Void tech when he was a child.

And really. The "rules" for drawing out voids is just stupid. "You can only pull voids from people 17 years old or under"? What the fuck is the point of that? That sounds god damn stupid.

At this rate, Guilty Crown is going to end up being the biggest disappointment of the season. They're hardly even trying to be "original" if all they do is follow the most generic and classic anime tropes there are. At least the ending is some what suspenseful.
Oct 27, 2011 3:31 PM

Oct 2010
Art2010 said:
I just want shu to stop being a BITCH! about everything that goes down, like his best bet is to join funeral parlor and stay with Gai and them

I know right Shu is a bitch. Im sick of new animes main characters be eitha a bitch or strong and dumb. I only watch this anime for Inori atm.
Oct 27, 2011 3:37 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
And really. The "rules" for drawing out voids is just stupid. "You can only pull voids from people 17 years old or under"? What the fuck is the point of that? That sounds god damn stupid.
Totally on with this one Wasabi, it is fucking stupid. Plain and simple. There should be no age limit from this power at all and already it is at the limit that the void applies to humans. They could have freaking put animals too. They could have put lots of other things. It should be all living organism as the possibility of the void.

Oct 27, 2011 3:38 PM

Jun 2011
I hope Yahiro gets punched in the face, hard.

And, am I the only one who doesn't like Inori?
SanguisOct 27, 2011 3:41 PM
Oct 27, 2011 3:43 PM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
Totally on with this one Wasabi, it is fucking stupid. Plain and simple. There should be no age limit from this power at all and already it is at the limit that the void applies to humans. They could have freaking put animals too. They could have put lots of other things. It should be all living organism as the possibility of the void.

NO! Don't do it!
Lol this reminds me of the PLOT HOLE RAGE OMG from the last episode. I'm sure it will all be explained. :[ Don't be one of those guys who jumps to conclusions. For now, accept it as a simple writers' choice. Rage AFTER the series is over if it's not explained or if the explanation's really, really bad lol.
Oct 27, 2011 3:48 PM

May 2010
So maybe that's what Gai's team of Blade Children underaged kids (that somehow are more competent at war then full-fledged adults) are for.
But seriously. There's a sword that gives you superhuman strength, agility, stamina, ability to fly at mach speed, fire wave projectiles (and it's damn sharp to boot). There's a shield-firing thingy which lets you deflect homicidal lasers that can level a few city blocks.
And there's a refrigerator. And an antique vase.

Void Genome is too situational to be used properly in practical combat... But who knows. It's capable of mass massacre based on what we've seen so far with only the sword and kaleidoscope.
Oct 27, 2011 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
well if you could gather the people with useful voids you could hold considerable power.

even so, this means he cant draw it out to save himself.

still, he was quite naive thinking that a drug addict would do the right thing. addicts simply do what it takes to get their next fix.
Oct 27, 2011 4:02 PM

Apr 2010
I still think people are expecting too much.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 27, 2011 4:04 PM
Jul 2018

The main problem is the age limit thing is really not something you can cover up or find an explanation for that wouldn't sound like complete bs even when we're watching not attentively.

I mean suspension of disbelief has limits. FMA's element bending was obviously fictional, yet contained that realistic aspect (the chemistry) that made it really fascinating. Heck even magic-based shows have to keep to certain rules and stay consistent. This age limit thing is just awkward. A power that must work specifically on 17 year olds and younger which was developed by PROFESSIONAL RESEARCHERS WHO HAPPEN TO BE 40+ YEARS OLD just sounds stupid. Why develop powers you can't even use? More importantly, who tested these abilities?

Or in the case of why the use of voids on animals is unknown: isn't it unethical to test superpowers on human beings before testing on test animals first? That's why this power is just too much bs for some to handle. And "the shape of the heart" thing is just too BLEH.
removed-userOct 27, 2011 4:11 PM
Oct 27, 2011 4:05 PM

Sep 2007
There better be some explanation later why Inori's such a robot! Right now I'm just hoping this backstabbing will help develop Shu's personality. Maybe he'll turn into some kind of cold bastard! Whatever happens I just hope he stops being so wimpy! Hopefully he'll go through at least some form of torture from the bad guys, since that'd be interesting. :D

This episode was way more interest to me than the last one. And some plot holes averted! Yaay! Though this void power still doesn't make much sense to me, I'll put that matter aside for now.
Oct 27, 2011 4:15 PM

Mar 2010
Shu's friend sure showed his true colors after the mention of the name "Sugar".

How gullable can Shu be?! His friend goes from furious one minute to being all buddy buddy the next. I'll not tell your secret if you don't tell mine, yeah right!

How's he going to get out of this one?

This show has such promise, but so far it isn't living up to it. The characters are coming off rather flat and unlikable and the story is very inconsistent. I sure hope it gets better!
Oct 27, 2011 4:18 PM

Jun 2011
mollymarie said:
Shu's friend sure showed his true colors after the mention of the name "Sugar".

Lol. thanks for reminding me of that scene. How's that Southern hospitality, sugar? lol what a horrible code name :D
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.