Mar 26, 2013 2:39 AM
Mar 2013
umm would harem fall under this category or....?? @.@
WATCH ME TREMBLE. (>*.*)>
Mar 26, 2013 12:53 PM

Apr 2011
kaitokidd said:
umm would harem fall under this category or....?? @.@

Well, yes and no. If you want just harem shows, feel free to make a new thread specifically for harems.
Apr 1, 2013 5:11 PM
Jan 2013
I would like to have recommendation for some good romance / drama / school series.

Series that i have watched before that include these genres,

Toradora!
Clannad
Clannad : After Story
Kanon (2006)
Ef - a tale of memories
Ef - a tale of melodies
Shuffle!
Suzuka
Air
Angel Beats!
Apr 1, 2013 5:34 PM

Apr 2011
BuReC said:
I would like to have recommendation for some good romance / drama / school series.

Series that i have watched before that include these genres,

Toradora!
Clannad
Clannad : After Story
Kanon (2006)
Ef - a tale of memories
Ef - a tale of melodies
Shuffle!
Suzuka
Air
Angel Beats!

You may want to try Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, and possibly Sakamichi no Apollon. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is more of a romantic comedy than a romance drama and I thought it was pretty good. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is made by the same company as Toradora! (has some Palm-top Tiger cameos) and it's pretty good especially if you like drama but it starts out as more of a comedy than anything else (my review for it is currently second-place btw). Sakamichi no Apollon is half bromance and half romantic drama with really good music, really recommend it especially if you like old jazz.
Apr 2, 2013 4:29 AM

Jun 2011
Anime similar to Bokura ga Ita and Lovely Complex?
Apr 10, 2013 12:43 AM
Apr 2013
Can anyone tell me about an anime where they are already a couple and it is romantic?
Like 'Say I love you" not like Kare Kano though ^_^

Apr 10, 2013 4:21 AM

Jan 2008
Gerad said:
Anime similar to Bokura ga Ita and Lovely Complex?

u havent watched Kare Kano ;) :
http://myanimelist.net/anime/145/Kareshi_Kanojo_no_Jijou

SkittlesMomoDesi said:
Can anyone tell me about an anime where they are already a couple and it is romantic?
Like 'Say I love you" not like Kare Kano though ^_^

if u like dont mind the art stylee check out acchi kocchi ^^ :
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12291/Acchi_Kocchi
RaiStorMApr 10, 2013 4:25 AM

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Apr 10, 2013 5:24 AM

Jul 2011
I recommend Hatsukoi Limited for everyone, a good romance with only 12 episodes.
Apr 10, 2013 5:51 AM

Jan 2008
ainky said:
I recommend Hatsukoi Limited for everyone, a good romance with only 12 episodes.

and very close to the manga ^^ its rare to have a anime that close to the manga so its worth mentioning, so those who like the anime might like to check out the other stuff by Kawashita Mizuki

Apr 10, 2013 6:03 PM
Apr 2013
i need some good recomedations for romance animes
Apr 10, 2013 6:32 PM

Apr 2011
zangetsu95 said:
i need some good recomedations for romance animes

If your anime list is really as empty as it seems, here's a few to get you started:

All of them are non-harem shows. Kaibutsu-kun and Chuunibyou are romantic comedies. Toradora, Clannad, and Sakurasou are romance/drama/comedies (Clannad is likely to make you cry).
Apr 10, 2013 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
oioi if this is a newbie, im not shure if clannad ~AS~ is okay o.O i mean dont u think this kind of drama isnt a bit much for a newbie, in case thats what he is ;) just wondering ^^ (feels a bit like telling a harem newbie to start with school days >.<)

So just in case he is new i would Recommend to start with a RomCom in oder to get a better understanding on the subject in that cultural Area. and the best for that is to have it excessively depicted, wich calls for a Baka-couple and there is a perfect Anime for that ^^ Lovely Complex ;)
RaiStorMApr 10, 2013 8:01 PM

Apr 10, 2013 8:18 PM

Apr 2011
RaiStorM said:
oioi if this is a newbie, im not shure if clannad ~AS~ is okay o.O i mean dont u think this kind of drama isnt a bit much for a newbie, in case thats what he is ;) just wondering ^^ (feels a bit like telling a harem newbie to start with school days >.<)

I guess but one of the first anime I showed my preteen sister was Angel Beats and she absolutely loved it so I also rewatched the first Clannad with her and she loved that one too. Drama is just one of those things that go hand in hand with romance and if he starts off with Clannad, he might get desensitized to the sadness XD Recommending pure RomComs is something that I find somewhat hard to do since the best romances often pack drama. I only recommended the Clannad and AS because I think they're good.
Apr 10, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2008
well shure it can work theyre good after all ^^ its just my expierience, that easygoing animes are for the most people a better start ;) and since u dont have watched Lovely Complex, i would say u should take a cushion for your desks health and some aspirin for your own, and check it out :P in some curious way its also somehow dramatic ^^ try it i have the feeling u wont regret it ;)

Apr 22, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2013
Hello there all, I am back for another recommendation :)

Well ye, I am sure you all don't want to hear any useless stuff, so I will just cut to the point.

I would like a few recommendations on anime that is similar with the new anime.

- boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai/next

- Mayo chiki.

- Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

- Sukkitte Ii na yo

- Toradora!

- Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de

- Maid-Sama

- Kanokon

- Hidan no Aria
And if you could find an anime for example that the characters are like in Hidan no Aria, that they are fighting over a male.

If you could find me things like Kanokon, that the girl want something sexual with the main character, please I would prefer those.
I had a few more, but I forgot what their names.

Please help me out to find like anime like this.
P.S please no magic supernatural or action ty
RexenApr 22, 2013 1:19 PM
Apr 22, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
Hey guys, i´d be really thankful if you could recommend any shows to me that are similar to:

- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.
- Clannad + AS
- Toradora!
- Angel Beats!
- Kanon
- Air
- Ano Natsu de Matteru
- ef - a tale of memories

Thanks in advance :p
______________________________________________________________________________________________

You shouldn´t believe everything people post on the internet

- Abraham Lincoln

P.S.: Why does everyone think that quoting someone makes you appear more sophisticated?
Apr 22, 2013 3:56 PM

Apr 2011
@Rexen & Woaixiongmao: You two may want to try:
Apr 22, 2013 8:20 PM

Apr 2011
hi everyone

can you recommend a good romance anime for me to watch?

ones i have seen that i enjoyed:
lovely complex
itazura na kiss
clannad
spice and wolf
bakuman
toradora
five cm per second
voices of a distant star
hotarubi no mori e
ef tale of memories/melodies
is pure
nodame cantabile
pretty much all the ghibli movies
high school host club
kaichou maid sama
chuunibyou demo koi
melancholy of haruhi
steins gate
girl who leapt through time
shuffle
rumbling hearts
kannagi
tonari no kaibatsu
planetes
zero no tsuikama

and a bunch more than are in my list

can anyone recommend something that is romance and has a good story, preferably no ecchi and stuff because those tend to be worse off in the story department

also ive tried to watch air but i couldnt stand it
Apr 22, 2013 8:43 PM

Dec 2012
I'm looking for some recommendations in genre of romance (+ comedy if you ever have one .) Also, why not put all of those recommendations in the first post . Hihi .. I am just too lazy to read everything here from the first page xD

- barely alive -
Apr 22, 2013 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
hi aku

lovely complex and bakuman are some good choices for you
Apr 22, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Hi bbmelo :) I already read the manga of lovely complex . never seen the anime of it .. Let me try bakuman .. Gonna look if it has it's manga , xD

- barely alive -
Apr 27, 2013 2:45 PM

Feb 2013
trying to find romance, non-shoujo animes,with male protagonists, can somebody help me?
May 6, 2013 2:14 PM
Sep 2012
Hello I seriously need some good ROMANTIC anime, with lots of kissing scenes (if possible) and not too ecchi !

I have watched the most common ones already, like:

Lovely Complex
Zero no tsukaima
SAO
Honey x honey
Special A
Air
Clannad...etc

and dont know what to watch :(

Please help me!!! I really like romantic anime, but not to old though!

Thankss :3
May 6, 2013 3:47 PM

Apr 2011
Vecchioccina said:
trying to find romance, non-shoujo animes,with male protagonists, can somebody help me?
  • Sakamichi no Apollon is a drama/romance/bromance with some amazing music. Highly recommend this anime if you like or love jazz.
  • Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai is similar to Amagami SS in that each girl gets an arc but it involves a supernatural kind of thing... It's kind of hard to explain briefly so just click the link and read the description XD

Judita8 said:
Hello I seriously need some good ROMANTIC anime, with lots of kissing scenes (if possible) and not too ecchi !
While there isn't much kissing going on in these, they're good and not on your list:
May 27, 2013 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
I've been looking for some good romantic comedy anime in a school setting. My friend recommended me Toradora! and I have Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! on my list, but I haven't watched either. Could you suggest me some anime with those criteria?
"You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don’t try, you definitely can’t." - Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
May 27, 2013 4:10 AM

Apr 2011
tsuyo_sama said:
I've been looking for some good romantic comedy anime in a school setting. My friend recommended me Toradora! and I have Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! on my list, but I haven't watched either. Could you suggest me some anime with those criteria?
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. It's made by the same people who made Toradora! and seems to fit that criteria perfectly.
  • Kotoura-san which starts off super-dark but lightens up after the first episode. The only problem I had with the show is that it's not focused very well and seemed like it couldn't decide whether it wanted to be serious or not (serious moments are on and off).
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. This one is really funny and has some great and memorable one-liners and the romance is good but is more about understanding one another than like kissing (it's a shoujo anime).

Toradora and Chuunibyou are both very good. As for your plan to watch list, Clannad and its sequel, After Story, are also very good and Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigaitteiru also seems pretty good so far (with 8 episodes out).
Newmn84May 27, 2013 4:18 AM
May 27, 2013 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
Clannad, Kimi ni Todoke and Sukitte ii na yo were the first to come to mind- the latter two are, i wouldn't say more serious but there is less humor than in clannad and are similar to each other, clannad has a mix of comedy, drama, romance etc. All of these are set in a high school setting also.
Kanon(2006) is another good one which holds several genre elements along side romance and is enjoyable also.

Another one is Acchi Kocchi - another rom-com but in more of a cutesy moe type of style.

Finally a personal favourite - Bakemonogatari, very dialogue heavy and a little more on the supernatural side than any of the others, but good fun nonetheless. Its not really in a school setting but you might enjoy it anyways.
RizzlesMay 27, 2013 4:33 AM
May 27, 2013 5:28 AM

Feb 2013
Oh thanks to the recommendations. :)
I'll try to watch them as soon as I get a copy.
"You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don’t try, you definitely can’t." - Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
Jun 22, 2013 5:46 AM
Jun 2013
i recommend Inukami- Comedy plus romance - it can look like a harem at first but it isn t and the comedy is really good.
Jun 27, 2013 5:18 PM
Dec 2012
Hey, I really seem to want to watch a good romance anime right now, but if it's a really deep romance, can it have a sort of drama to it like Clannad and Clannad AS, or action. They tend to be really interesting, otherwise, would you just mind looking at my list? And if one of the ones you are recommending is on my plan to watch list, can you tell me to watch it, depending on how good you think it is? Thanks

(I'm sorry that it's a large request)
Jun 27, 2013 5:59 PM

Apr 2011
SwordSkill said:
Hey, I really seem to want to watch a good romance anime right now, but if it's a really deep romance, can it have a sort of drama to it like Clannad and Clannad AS, or action. They tend to be really interesting, otherwise, would you just mind looking at my list? And if one of the ones you are recommending is on my plan to watch list, can you tell me to watch it, depending on how good you think it is? Thanks

(I'm sorry that it's a large request)
Alrightly, here are some romances with drama (some are primarily romances and others have romance as a secondary thing):
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun- shoujo, comedy, drama. The drama stems mostly from the two's majorly different personalities.
  • Sakamichi no Apollon- Great music, romances develops after a bit, the drama revolves mostly around the romances
  • Kokoro Connect- This has A LOT of drama involving various things (most include spoilers though)
  • I also recommend two movies made by Shinkai Makoto because they're short, have beautiful art and soundtracks, and are basically pure romance with some drama mixed in: 5 Centimeters a Second and The Garden of Words
Aug 7, 2013 9:26 AM
Feb 2013
Hi, I just joined this club yesterday. I want to watch romance anime with male protagonist. I want a romance without harem, it's okay if there are many women who like the MC, but I'd like to see him choose one of them in the end. I want an anime where the male is not useless and can do something to help/protect his woman.

I like these series:
Bakemonogatari
Fate/stay night
Gosick
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon
Ookami to Koushinryou
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Zero no Tsukaima F

I really really like this kind of romance:
Steins;Gate and Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Please help me...
Aug 7, 2013 10:11 PM

Apr 2011
fate_wings said:
Hi, I just joined this club yesterday. I want to watch romance anime with male protagonist. I want a romance without harem, it's okay if there are many women who like the MC, but I'd like to see him choose one of them in the end. I want an anime where the male is not useless and can do something to help/protect his woman.
Hey there, welcome to the club :) Here's some anime you may like:
  • Btooom!- Has romance but isn't the main focus.
  • Kotoura-san- romance/comedy/drama. The first episode is not representative of the whole series.
  • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha- You can consider it like Spice and Wolf but most people think Spice and Wolf is better.
  • The World God Only Knows- This one is unconventional in terms of romance but definitely worth the watch if you like comedic romance anime.
Newmn84Aug 7, 2013 10:21 PM
Aug 8, 2013 5:41 PM
May 2012
Could someone recommend me a romance anime/manga, I would like it to have a little action in it, but it doesn't have to.
Aug 10, 2013 1:58 AM
Feb 2013
Newmn84 said:
Hey there, welcome to the club :) Here's some anime you may like:
  • Btooom!- Has romance but isn't the main focus.
  • Kotoura-san- romance/comedy/drama. The first episode is not representative of the whole series.
  • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha- You can consider it like Spice and Wolf but most people think Spice and Wolf is better.
  • The World God Only Knows- This one is unconventional in terms of romance but definitely worth the watch if you like comedic romance anime.

Thank you! I've read Btoom! manga, I like the story but I don't know whether the anime is good or not. The manga is not complete, how about the anime?

I want to watch TWGOK from a very long time, but I hesitate because I think it has harem ending. Do you know some romance anime without harem ending? They left me hanging..

I already watch Spice and Wolf, and that is a great series. You should watch it too.

I think I will start by Kotoura-san now. If you have something in your mind, let me know it.
Sep 5, 2013 6:39 PM
Mar 2012
Hi

I'm looking for a Romance anime that actually follows a relationship as it grows. I'm starting to get tired of always watching the same old romantic comedies that have a guy or girl chasing a clueless love interest for the entire stretch of the series, just to finally have some progress on the very last episode with a kiss. I enjoy watching shows that actually show the characters growing closer and dealing with problems as they arise while they're in a relationship. The characters don't have to be involved with each other from the first episode but I'd like to avoid the cliche last episode progress kiss followed by us having to assume they lived happily ever after or something.

Honestly the anime can be any genre really and I'll enjoy it. Shonen, shoujo, comedy, action, horror.. anything really.

Examples of Anime that partially or completely fit what I'm looking for and that I really enjoyed are:
-Clannad Afterstory
-EF a tale of memories
-Sukitte Ii na yo
-Sword art Online

To a lesser extent but still pretty good:
-Ano Natsu de Matteru
-Another
-Fate/stay night
-Steins gate(especially because of the follow up ova)
Sep 8, 2013 1:15 AM

Sep 2012
While it's short, (3x 30 minute episodes), 5 centimeters per second follows two childhood friends as both time and distance comes between them.

Spice and Wolf - A show that is literally about the journey between two travelling companions. (Has a good English dub, if that's your thing.)

Suzuka also follows the developing relations kind of theme, but can be a little frustrating at times, I've found the author is pretty good at adding in unnecessary drama into his stories.

And while it doesn't really fit your request, Kanon(2006) is another key work (same as Clannad) and has similar themes and animation style, so you may enjoy watching that.

*On another note, I wouldn't consider SAO to be an exception to clueless love interest, as

**On yet another note, Fate/Stay Night:Unlimited Blade Works is pretty good, it's like a faster paced Fate/Stay Night that goes from Rin's perspective, and so has more of a focus on her and archer, as apposed to Saber and Shiro.

***On a final note, BBCode, why u do dis :'(
Sep 8, 2013 4:24 PM
Mar 2012
Thanks for the suggestions I'll check them out. As far as SAO goes, yeah I agree the emotional attachment to the main character makes little sense and the relationship can feel rather holllow but I liked it for the simple fact that they followed it as it progressed somewhat.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.