Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 16, 2012 8:24 PM

Dec 2011
Huge second for Toradora!

I also recommend Angel Beats! especially if you want something that can make you tear up.

Enjoy! :-)
Oct 17, 2012 9:06 AM

Aug 2012
Woah thanks for letting me know Sousei no Aquarion (huge fan btw especiallay Evol) was on my plan to watch list. Yea I've seen parts of Toradora, Angel Beats, Balsik, Darker then Black, and Eureka Seven yet I just haven't seen all of it. Wish there was a sperate list that is like Seen some but too lazy to finish no... I usually tend to stay away from popular animes for some reason. I mean I will watch em eventually but I like the ones that no one has ever heard of.
Thanks for the list!
Oct 24, 2012 10:50 AM

Oct 2011
Can anyone recommend me a romance anime? I watched some depressing stuff and now I feel like watching something good but not super cheesy... I've watched a number of romance, but I kinda need more :P
Oct 24, 2012 4:48 PM

Dec 2011
I'm not really sure how much is too much when it comes to cheesiness...well, try Kamisama Kazoku, it has a cliche romance, but goes way beyond what you'd expect.

Kaze no Stigma is kind of a romance/action anime with magic! Definitely not cheesy, but a good romance all the same.
Oct 24, 2012 7:04 PM

Oct 2011
ziggyopolous said:
I'm not really sure how much is too much when it comes to cheesiness...well, try Kamisama Kazoku, it has a cliche romance, but goes way beyond what you'd expect.

Kaze no Stigma is kind of a romance/action anime with magic! Definitely not cheesy, but a good romance all the same.

Thanks. Well, I'll try to watch Kamasama Kazoku. As for Kaze no Stigma... I've been putting that off for a long time. I had a (somewhat) friend who goes kinda crazy over this along with Special, Ouran Highschool, Kaichou wa Maid Sama, etc. She kinda made me not to want to watch those anime
Oct 24, 2012 7:27 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha, yea, I tend to respond negatively to over-hype as well :-D

well, watch as you see fit.
Oct 24, 2012 9:36 PM
Apr 2011
Hey azixe, have you seen spice and wolf? It fits your requirements pretty well...
you've got the hate turning into love
sort of powers (if being a wolf-goddess can be classified as a "power" [which it absolutely is])
Sort of mature-ish, in that the main characters aren't high school kids.
The only caveat is that it is quite slow-paced (i like it for that, but some people don't) But the upside of the slow-pacedness is you get very good character development, which i think is really necessary for a good romance series.
Oct 26, 2012 9:37 PM

Aug 2012
kurohei said:
Hey azixe, have you seen spice and wolf? It fits your requirements pretty well...
you've got the hate turning into love
sort of powers (if being a wolf-goddess can be classified as a "power" [which it absolutely is])
Sort of mature-ish, in that the main characters aren't high school kids.
The only caveat is that it is quite slow-paced (i like it for that, but some people don't) But the upside of the slow-pacedness is you get very good character development, which i think is really necessary for a good romance series.

yes seen it and I didn't like it that much, too much talking :/
Oct 27, 2012 5:31 PM

Feb 2009
@Slaya
just finish it myself so i rec Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku.
Oct 29, 2012 6:14 AM

Aug 2009
Hi, I'm looking for a romance anime(s) that has a nice and steady progress (Let me explain).

First of all I want the romance itself to start on early in the series. Not like Hoshizora e kakaru hashi or mashiro-iro where they use up the whole anime just to choose a girl. I want the romance to start immedietaly and then progress through the story. Also i don't care if it's in high school or not, but it has to be mature relationship. I like it when the main character can get intimate with eachother (Does'nt need to involve sex). I want it to be just 1 main girl and 1 main guy, that means NO harem, NO gender bender and NO love-triangles. I really liked Clannad, Kimi ni Todoke and Rec (want more like these).

Thanks in Advance!
Oct 29, 2012 6:46 AM

Dec 2011
How about InuYasha? The romance starts early on and lasts through the series...1 warning though...there is a whole lot of jealousy involved here...and in the middle the romance is kind of at a standstill...haha, maybe not the best recommendation!

Another one might me Kamisama Kazoku. It starts off like a normal romance but it goes way farther than you'd expect.

Last would be Kanon (2006) which is just like Clannad
Nov 29, 2012 2:31 PM

Apr 2011
any good new romance anime out there?

i mean in the last couple of seasons

preferably no harem
Nov 29, 2012 7:45 PM
Dec 2011
bbmello said:

preferably no harem

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, highly recc. it's still airing tho so you can't watch it all but it's not really a harem. although it seems like it at times.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, i reccomend also. It's pretty slow sort of like lovely complex and the characters are back and forth but i like the overall direction the shows been moving in. also still airing
Nov 29, 2012 11:06 PM

Apr 2011
NervousWreck said:
bbmello said:

preferably no harem

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, highly recc. it's still airing tho so you can't watch it all but it's not really a harem. although it seems like it at times.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, i reccomend also. It's pretty slow sort of like lovely complex and the characters are back and forth but i like the overall direction the shows been moving in. also still airing

thanks for recommending tonari no kabutsu, i've watched the first 2 episodes and it's awesome

any more like it? just what i am looking for
Dec 1, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2009
I'm looking for a romance manga, preferably Shonen or Seinen, although I can read Josei and Shoujo if they are really good, and completed.
What I want is something that can be serious at time with the romance and all, but still has a bit of comedy in them.
My favorite romance mangas are:
Love Hina (this one is very dear to me), Ichigo 100%, Chobits, Onani Master Kurosawa, Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan, Change 123, 5cm per second, Strobe Edge, Ai Kora, Ai Ga Tomaranai and I''s.
I know some of them don't fit on what I asked, but it's just for you to have an idea.
Thanks in advance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2012 1:26 AM

Sep 2011
CrashRHCP said:
I'm looking for a romance manga, preferably Shonen or Seinen, although I can read Josei and Shoujo if they are really good, and completed.
What I want is something that can be serious at time with the romance and all, but still has a bit of comedy in them.
My favorite romance mangas are:
Love Hina (this one is very dear to me), Ichigo 100%, Chobits, Onani Master Kurosawa, Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan, Change 123, 5cm per second, Strobe Edge, Ai Kora, Ai Ga Tomaranai and I''s.
I know some of them don't fit on what I asked, but it's just for you to have an idea.
Thanks in advance.

Densha Otoko - Net Hatsu, Kakueki Teisha no Love Story
Hoshi no Samidare
After School Nightmare
Oyasumi Punpun
Reimei no Arcana
Mar 7, 2013 3:56 PM

Apr 2011
looking for a new romance anime to watch!

i'm watching bakuman season 3 right now but want something else to watch in between :p

any suggestions?

preferably something unique and not harem
Mar 7, 2013 8:12 PM

Sep 2011
bbmello said:
looking for a new romance anime to watch!

i'm watching bakuman season 3 right now but want something else to watch in between :p

any suggestions?

preferably something unique and not harem

Katanagatari
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Millenium Actress
Crest of Stars
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Kids on the Slope
Kemonozume
Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
The Tatami Galaxy
Mar 9, 2013 4:30 PM

Mar 2013
well if you want romance then clannad, but for comedy romance I'd say ouran high school host club or wallflower. Probably vampire knight and vampire knight guilty as well.

Mar 10, 2013 4:07 AM

Apr 2008
I notice nobody has mentioned "Saikano".

For people who think they're badass just because they didn't cry their way through Clannad AS - test yourselves.
Mar 10, 2013 8:56 AM

Apr 2011
thanks for some of the suggestions guys, i have seen clannad already though and i really did enjoy it

i'll check some of those out
Mar 11, 2013 3:46 PM

Apr 2008
Nodame Cantabile

Mar 23, 2013 5:45 AM

Mar 2013
Hello there guys, well I am pretty new to all this anim, but I think I am in love with romance anime, and I am willing to see more of them untill I get full.

Anyways I would like you guys to recommend me some romance anim.
I got a few examples:

The first one is" boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai", I just loved this anim, I would like this one, I just love things like thoses, activites no magic or un-realistic stuff.

The second one is "Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru" I love anim that girls fight on the guy, and attempt to have him to their-self, I would like an anim like this one.

And the third one is "Maid Sama!" I also love when the man doesn't give up on his women, and keeps tracking her.

Well ye, I love alot fo things, but if you could help me out I would appreciate it.

P.S - I love school romance and the activites like in each anim I gave example of, please to give me any un-realistic things or magic. Thank you :>
Mar 23, 2013 8:35 AM

Jul 2012
Rexen,

Judging by your criteria, my top recommendation would be Byousoku 5 Centimeter. It's a movie that I didn't enjoy all that much, but it sounds right up your alley. Also, give "Ef-A Tale of Memories" and "Sukkitte Ii na yo" a shot since they stay within realistic bounds and do so pretty well.

Playing off your general liking of a harem anime like OreShura, I can give you a few recommendations, but they kinda lose their realistic qualities. If you still want to give it a shot, Hidan no Aria and IS: Infinite Stratos are both pretty good harems.

As for school romance in general, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Toradora! would both be excellent choices. Another that's still pretty well done is Lovely Complex. They're all pretty light-hearted romances as well.

There are quite a few anime that may be unrealistic at times, but are still excellent shows, so I'd be remiss not to mention them: Clannad (especially the second season), Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (abrv. AnoHana), Kanon, and Kokoro Connect.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Mar 23, 2013 8:50 AM

Mar 2013
Yay! Thank you so much for replying to me Raikenzera, I will absolutely try each one of them out.

You were a big help for me, thank you ;)

P.S I will come back after these for another recommendation-help ;)
Mar 23, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
@Raikenzera: I have to say, you basically recommended everything I was thinking of for Rexen lol. Good job.
Mar 23, 2013 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
Newmn84 said:
@Raikenzera: I have to say, you basically recommended everything I was thinking of for Rexen lol. Good job.

I've had practice, my friends come to me a lot for recs.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Mar 23, 2013 3:29 PM

Oct 2009
You could try Special A, since you liked Maid Sama, the male lead goes after his woman in a similar fashion. A lesser known show would be Earl & Fairy.

Mar 25, 2013 8:50 AM

Sep 2012
Umm... I'd like a Normal Shoujo School Life Romance Manga with the male lead is SHY. Not Straight Forward. Not the type who is sparkling and all. It'd be nice if he blushes a lot! xD

BTW, No Ecchi Please.
Thanks!
Mar 25, 2013 9:11 AM

Dec 2012
AoiMizune-kun said:
Umm... I'd like a Normal Shoujo School Life Romance Manga with the male lead is SHY. Not Straight Forward. Not the type who is sparkling and all. It'd be nice if he blushes a lot! xD

BTW, No Ecchi Please.
Thanks!

Then you should watch Kimi ni Todoke, I highly recommend it.
Mar 26, 2013 2:39 AM
Mar 2013
umm would harem fall under this category or....?? @.@
WATCH ME TREMBLE. (>*.*)>
Mar 26, 2013 12:53 PM

Apr 2011
kaitokidd said:
umm would harem fall under this category or....?? @.@

Well, yes and no. If you want just harem shows, feel free to make a new thread specifically for harems.
Apr 1, 2013 5:11 PM
Jan 2013
I would like to have recommendation for some good romance / drama / school series.

Series that i have watched before that include these genres,

Toradora!
Clannad
Clannad : After Story
Kanon (2006)
Ef - a tale of memories
Ef - a tale of melodies
Shuffle!
Suzuka
Air
Angel Beats!
Apr 1, 2013 5:34 PM

Apr 2011
BuReC said:
I would like to have recommendation for some good romance / drama / school series.

Series that i have watched before that include these genres,

Toradora!
Clannad
Clannad : After Story
Kanon (2006)
Ef - a tale of memories
Ef - a tale of melodies
Shuffle!
Suzuka
Air
Angel Beats!

You may want to try Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, and possibly Sakamichi no Apollon. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is more of a romantic comedy than a romance drama and I thought it was pretty good. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is made by the same company as Toradora! (has some Palm-top Tiger cameos) and it's pretty good especially if you like drama but it starts out as more of a comedy than anything else (my review for it is currently second-place btw). Sakamichi no Apollon is half bromance and half romantic drama with really good music, really recommend it especially if you like old jazz.
Apr 2, 2013 4:29 AM

Jun 2011
Anime similar to Bokura ga Ita and Lovely Complex?
Apr 10, 2013 12:43 AM
Apr 2013
Can anyone tell me about an anime where they are already a couple and it is romantic?
Like 'Say I love you" not like Kare Kano though ^_^

Apr 10, 2013 4:21 AM

Jan 2008
Gerad said:
Anime similar to Bokura ga Ita and Lovely Complex?

u havent watched Kare Kano ;) :
http://myanimelist.net/anime/145/Kareshi_Kanojo_no_Jijou

SkittlesMomoDesi said:
Can anyone tell me about an anime where they are already a couple and it is romantic?
Like 'Say I love you" not like Kare Kano though ^_^

if u like dont mind the art stylee check out acchi kocchi ^^ :
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12291/Acchi_Kocchi
RaiStorMApr 10, 2013 4:25 AM

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Apr 10, 2013 5:24 AM

Jul 2011
I recommend Hatsukoi Limited for everyone, a good romance with only 12 episodes.
Apr 10, 2013 5:51 AM

Jan 2008
ainky said:
I recommend Hatsukoi Limited for everyone, a good romance with only 12 episodes.

and very close to the manga ^^ its rare to have a anime that close to the manga so its worth mentioning, so those who like the anime might like to check out the other stuff by Kawashita Mizuki

Apr 10, 2013 6:03 PM
Apr 2013
i need some good recomedations for romance animes
Apr 10, 2013 6:32 PM

Apr 2011
zangetsu95 said:
i need some good recomedations for romance animes

If your anime list is really as empty as it seems, here's a few to get you started:

All of them are non-harem shows. Kaibutsu-kun and Chuunibyou are romantic comedies. Toradora, Clannad, and Sakurasou are romance/drama/comedies (Clannad is likely to make you cry).
Apr 10, 2013 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
oioi if this is a newbie, im not shure if clannad ~AS~ is okay o.O i mean dont u think this kind of drama isnt a bit much for a newbie, in case thats what he is ;) just wondering ^^ (feels a bit like telling a harem newbie to start with school days >.<)

So just in case he is new i would Recommend to start with a RomCom in oder to get a better understanding on the subject in that cultural Area. and the best for that is to have it excessively depicted, wich calls for a Baka-couple and there is a perfect Anime for that ^^ Lovely Complex ;)
RaiStorMApr 10, 2013 8:01 PM

Apr 10, 2013 8:18 PM

Apr 2011
RaiStorM said:
oioi if this is a newbie, im not shure if clannad ~AS~ is okay o.O i mean dont u think this kind of drama isnt a bit much for a newbie, in case thats what he is ;) just wondering ^^ (feels a bit like telling a harem newbie to start with school days >.<)

I guess but one of the first anime I showed my preteen sister was Angel Beats and she absolutely loved it so I also rewatched the first Clannad with her and she loved that one too. Drama is just one of those things that go hand in hand with romance and if he starts off with Clannad, he might get desensitized to the sadness XD Recommending pure RomComs is something that I find somewhat hard to do since the best romances often pack drama. I only recommended the Clannad and AS because I think they're good.
Apr 10, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2008
well shure it can work theyre good after all ^^ its just my expierience, that easygoing animes are for the most people a better start ;) and since u dont have watched Lovely Complex, i would say u should take a cushion for your desks health and some aspirin for your own, and check it out :P in some curious way its also somehow dramatic ^^ try it i have the feeling u wont regret it ;)

Apr 22, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2013
Hello there all, I am back for another recommendation :)

Well ye, I am sure you all don't want to hear any useless stuff, so I will just cut to the point.

I would like a few recommendations on anime that is similar with the new anime.

- boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai/next

- Mayo chiki.

- Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

- Sukkitte Ii na yo

- Toradora!

- Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de

- Maid-Sama

- Kanokon

- Hidan no Aria
And if you could find an anime for example that the characters are like in Hidan no Aria, that they are fighting over a male.

If you could find me things like Kanokon, that the girl want something sexual with the main character, please I would prefer those.
I had a few more, but I forgot what their names.

Please help me out to find like anime like this.
P.S please no magic supernatural or action ty
RexenApr 22, 2013 1:19 PM
Apr 22, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
Hey guys, i´d be really thankful if you could recommend any shows to me that are similar to:

- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.
- Clannad + AS
- Toradora!
- Angel Beats!
- Kanon
- Air
- Ano Natsu de Matteru
- ef - a tale of memories

Thanks in advance :p
______________________________________________________________________________________________

You shouldn´t believe everything people post on the internet

- Abraham Lincoln

P.S.: Why does everyone think that quoting someone makes you appear more sophisticated?
Apr 22, 2013 3:56 PM

Apr 2011
@Rexen & Woaixiongmao: You two may want to try:
Apr 22, 2013 8:20 PM

Apr 2011
hi everyone

can you recommend a good romance anime for me to watch?

ones i have seen that i enjoyed:
lovely complex
itazura na kiss
clannad
spice and wolf
bakuman
toradora
five cm per second
voices of a distant star
hotarubi no mori e
ef tale of memories/melodies
is pure
nodame cantabile
pretty much all the ghibli movies
high school host club
kaichou maid sama
chuunibyou demo koi
melancholy of haruhi
steins gate
girl who leapt through time
shuffle
rumbling hearts
kannagi
tonari no kaibatsu
planetes
zero no tsuikama

and a bunch more than are in my list

can anyone recommend something that is romance and has a good story, preferably no ecchi and stuff because those tend to be worse off in the story department

also ive tried to watch air but i couldnt stand it
Apr 22, 2013 8:43 PM

Dec 2012
I'm looking for some recommendations in genre of romance (+ comedy if you ever have one .) Also, why not put all of those recommendations in the first post . Hihi .. I am just too lazy to read everything here from the first page xD

- barely alive -
Apr 22, 2013 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
hi aku

lovely complex and bakuman are some good choices for you
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.