Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2011 6:21 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder how slow it'll take for the namekian dragonballs to get together....
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:28 AM

Nov 20, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2012
Ah those 5 minutes are such in great length in the DBZ universe :p Still pretty lovely action so lets see what's next!
Dec 15, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2009
Jan 9, 2014 4:45 AM

Oct 2009
RafaelDeJongh said:
Ah those 5 minutes are such in great length in the DBZ universe :p

I guess Freeza just miscalculated and it takes longer than he anticipated, or maybe he knew but was just bluffing about the time

KitaTsuki said:
I wonder how slow it'll take for the namekian dragonballs to get together....

You mean Earth's Dragon Balls?
So in next episode, everyone killed by Freeza and his men is gonna be resurrected. But Namek is gonna be destroyed, so where will they appear? Besides, the Grand Elder wasn't killed, he died by himself, so he should remain dead
SerhiykoFeb 9, 2014 5:20 AM
Jan 9, 2016 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
Frieza uses now his maximum power. But how can he tell if he uses 70% or 81% of his power?
Feb 21, 2016 7:11 PM

Aug 2014
Mar 5, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
The battle is approaching its climax, as Frieza get's progressively more furious.
Jun 16, 2016 5:55 PM

Feb 2016
Frieza at his maximum and the fight still wages on.

Bulma is so annoying... she's rescued and she instantly starts bitching. Save it for later ._.

Looks like the fight will wage on awhile longer.

"Goku: Don't get excited Frieza. This fight is far from over"

Also since King Kai is saying he couldn't trace them at their speed, then... I'm guessing he'll be useless pretty much in the future.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jun 29, 2016 6:43 PM

Sep 2013
I figure that Frieza didn't miscalculate the 5 minutes. It's just that his and Goku's perceptions of time are so sped up that what seems like 5 minutes to us would seem like 2 or 3 hours to them. In other words, in a space of 5 minutes, they can accomplish several hours worth of fighting. We just can't see it happening. They are moving in super fast motion for 5 minutes and the video is being slowed down for us to see the action so it will take much longer to see it play out than the 5 minutes Frieze predicted for Namek to blow up. Thoughts?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 1, 2017 9:08 PM
Aug 2015
Talon184 said:
I figure that Frieza didn't miscalculate the 5 minutes. It's just that his and Goku's perceptions of time are so sped up that what seems like 5 minutes to us would seem like 2 or 3 hours to them. In other words, in a space of 5 minutes, they can accomplish several hours worth of fighting. We just can't see it happening. They are moving in super fast motion for 5 minutes and the video is being slowed down for us to see the action so it will take much longer to see it play out than the 5 minutes Frieze predicted for Namek to blow up. Thoughts?

Yea this is always how I justified it, it's like when goku and vegeta first fought and gohan couldn't see them and piccolo had to teach him how to, since we obviously can't do that it makes sense that they would have to slow it down for us to see, especially at the speed they're going now where even king kai couldn't follow
May 19, 2018 3:43 AM

Nov 2017
So they seem about equal now when they're both at full power, I wonder how the fight will conclude!

And I personally think Gohan should lift off the second he and Bulma get back to the ship and stay just outside the planet's radius, but close enough for Goku to actually get on board. After all, space combat anyone??
You can't miss something until it's gone.
May 19, 2018 9:39 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
RafaelDeJongh said:
Ah those 5 minutes are such in great length in the DBZ universe :p Still pretty lovely action so lets see what's next!

It has to be a great power, in 5 min I cant even go to thetoilett and come back and there in is happening every possible thing lol

Feb 23, 2019 11:28 AM

Jul 2008
This is a long 5 minutes.
Dec 14, 2019 2:37 AM

Mar 2010
It's so much Goku to wait for Freezer approaching 100%. Freezer now all pumped up giving Goku some issues.

Still no idea how this all will work out in the end.
Jul 31, 2020 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
It seems like Goku changed his mind. He has allowed Frieza to fight him with 100% power. Well, I guess that's one way to deliver a crushing message if Goku ends up defeating Frieza. It would translate to, "even at your fullest, I am much stronger than you." Besides, seeing the despairful look on Frieza's face when he loses, right after having his ego boosted by going full power, will be a beautiful sight to witness. Regardless, I can't help but think that it is the Saiyan blood in Goku that is clouding his judgment.
Oct 4, 2020 5:11 PM
May 2019
Hmm, this is interesting. Goku let Frieza fight him at his maximum power, despite knowing that the planet is on the verge of disappearing. Well, I can understand where he is coming from. He has always used an opponent's strength as an incentive to become stronger, and Frieza is no exception. Goku wishes to be at the top, and to do so, he has to defeat Frieza, even at his strongest.
Feb 23, 4:01 PM

Sep 2017
30mins (1ep) is 1 minutes pass in the fight. 😂
long fight...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 276 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 26, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

47 by megamagevet »»
Yesterday, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 274 Discussion

barelyalive - Jul 5, 2011

8 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 10, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 271 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 25, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 9, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 265 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 25, 2013

15 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 8, 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.