Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2011 3:52 AM

Aug 2010
Chess4ever said:
UltimatePleasure said:

Like anyone have read the book eragon.

I have :) actually i've read up to brisinger it's a pretty good series

ITs awesome :D
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Dec 26, 2011 12:34 AM

Sep 2010
Hello guys :D

I'm new here and I was looking for a reccomendation so I joined this club :)

What I mostly read is shounen or seinen

For genres I'm fine with anything... I give comedy more appreciation tho.. Oh Yaoi and yuri is out of the question . _ .

I actually intends to give berserk a go right now but I'll see if I can find something interesting before I read berserk.. considering that it might take a lot of time before I start reading any other series after I read berserk

P.S. Just ignore my plan to read list ("-_-)
Dec 26, 2011 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
Anything is a pretty difficult.

Do you mind if I give you shoujo?
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there.
Dec 26, 2011 1:27 AM

Jan 2009
In the meantime, I'm recommending these:

RalΩGrado
Re:LIVE
Seiho Boy's High School
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there.
Dec 26, 2011 3:17 AM

Sep 2010
Ok~ Thanks for the Recommendations :)

I don't read shoujo(s) tho... mostly because of the art and it's more difficult to get hooked by it since it wasn't aimed for my gender *shrug*
Dec 26, 2011 3:47 AM

Jan 2009
More recs:

Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan: Totteoki no Uso
Tousei Gensou Hakubutsushi
Necromancer
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Ann Cassandra
Ben-to Zero: Road to Witch
Crossing 25
Island
Dec 27, 2011 10:55 AM

Oct 2011
UltimatePleasure said:
Chess4ever said:
UltimatePleasure said:

Like anyone have read the book eragon.

I have :) actually i've read up to brisinger it's a pretty good series

ITs awesome :D

yeah they're pretty cool, i'm currently re-reading them... haven't read Inheritance yet :)
Dec 27, 2011 11:04 AM

Oct 2011
I like fantasy and shounen, i also really like Hikaru No Go, if anyone knows some manga like it...
Dec 27, 2011 5:59 PM

Mar 2011
You might like Death Note, it has a lot of the same feeling, and the artwork is similar, but if you are looking for something that is based around a game with that type of feeling, try Ice Revolution.
The main character is a tomboyish girl who gets into ice skating. While it ends early, it is a very good series.
Dec 27, 2011 9:27 PM

Oct 2011
I'm already reading Death Note :)
thanks for the rec, i'll definitely check it out ^^
Jan 13, 2012 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
Are there any good recommendations for manga similar to "Nisei no Chigiri"? It doesn't necessarily have to deal with ninja/ martial arts.
*read a few pages of "Shinobi Life" and didn't really care for it.*
Jan 14, 2012 5:44 AM

Aug 2009
Well, for Time-travelling manga I'd have to recommend:

Fushigi Yuugi - No ninjas, but it does have warriors (Martial arts, I guess??) and has romance.

InuYasha - Really long, and instead of ninjas we have demons.

Red River - Romance

Hope that helps! They're all somewhat long (Especially InuYasha!) So it should do for a while ^^;
Jan 16, 2012 4:31 AM

Sep 2010
i'm looking for a manga that have the same feeling like "Another" or at least the same art style, any genre is fine,, since i'm tired waiting for the next chapter/episode,,,
Jan 16, 2012 11:28 PM

Sep 2010
Need manga or manhwa as epic as Shin Angyo Onshi

P.S. i didnt meant similarity
Jan 17, 2012 12:47 AM
Jan 17, 2012 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
ryoangus said:

id
Sun-ken Rock
Ubel Blatt
Yureka
Hellsing
Jan 17, 2012 9:51 AM

Mar 2007
Hat-and-Clogs said:
I like fantasy and shounen, i also really like Hikaru No Go, if anyone knows some manga like it...

Kurogane has a similar premise. It's running on Shonen Jump right now, but since it just started last year, it only has 18 chapters out. It's pretty good so far.
Jan 17, 2012 7:01 PM

Sep 2010
chibi_Luffy said:
ryoangus said:

id
Sun-ken Rock
Ubel Blatt
Yureka
Hellsing

THANKS
Jan 17, 2012 7:05 PM

Sep 2010
Jan 18, 2012 12:28 PM

Oct 2009
I have heard Sun-ken rock is good.

Jan 21, 2012 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
I am wondering if anyone can if possible give any recommendations to Koharu no Hibi.
I would prefer the same amount of psychological atmosphere and romance as in the manga.

PS. I know the manga is still publishing, but I would also like to read something of similar taste for personal reasons. Also I read future diaries, so don't rec that.

Thanks
Jan 22, 2012 6:00 AM

Aug 2009
From what I read about Koharu no Hibi, it's a Yandere manga so... I'll be giving Yandere Recommendations (If that's okay)

Watashi no... Megane-kun
Hana Wa Knife wo Mi ni Matou
Flower of Evil - This is a bit of a stretch since it's manwha and has incest in it... But just incase...

I hope this helps! ^^
Jan 25, 2012 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
i am looking for manga/manhwa silmair to ID and Yureka
Jan 25, 2012 10:57 AM

Aug 2009
From what I read of ID and Yureka:

Amatsuki - Stuck in a game. And while the world doesn't have elves and dwarfs, it has mythical creatures of japanese folklore. I've a few chapters and really liked it.
1/2 Prince - Manhua, about a virtual game as well

Seem like good series that are similar. Of the two, I prefer Amatsuki but both are very good :)

Hope I've been of some help!
Jan 26, 2012 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Pyapi said:
From what I read about Koharu no Hibi, it's a Yandere manga so... I'll be giving Yandere Recommendations (If that's okay)

Watashi no... Megane-kun
Hana Wa Knife wo Mi ni Matou
Flower of Evil - This is a bit of a stretch since it's manwha and has incest in it... But just incase...

I hope this helps! ^^

Close, that Koharu no Hibi is a yandere. Just those manga's/manwha didn't have the same psychological atmosphere as Koharu no Hibi. Thanks though for the recs
Feb 5, 2012 12:35 AM

Sep 2011
Can someone recommend me a good martial arts manga?
Mar 22, 2012 2:07 PM
Jul 2011
Hi, I need some different recommendations.

1. I'm currently reading Fake and Combination.
Both brought me into this detective/police stuff.
Now I'm looking for some other / similar manga.
Doesn't have to be with boys love.
Please don't rec. Detective Conan (already know it), I look for more serious story lines.

2. I also liked a fantasy manga called "Ja-dou".
So looking for some fantasy manga with angels/demons or vampires and such.
I already know Kiss of blood, Rhesus + and a few others.

3. I wondered if there are other manga with the theme Yakuza/mafia.
I red Viewfinder, Dragon love and Haou Airen.
The first and the second is boys love, but it doesn't have to be a part of the manga.

4. I red Kimono Boys and Setsuka and looking for similar manga now.
Theme: Male concubines/geishas. Boys love not necessary.
Can also be with female concubines and geishas.
No matter if historical or modern. ^^

Thanks in advance! =)
Mar 24, 2012 5:24 PM

Oct 2009
For a Yakuza manga try Sanctuary.it's an excellent manga

Mar 26, 2012 9:40 AM
May 2010
Hey guys/girls i need a good manga reccommendation.

Idealy a manga that keeps the reader interested, genre would be.....Historical,samurai,scifi, soething along those lines......message me or just reply which ever you prefer thanksL^^
Mar 26, 2012 10:36 AM

Oct 2009
Samurai 7
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Champloo
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Shin Angyo Onshi- a manwha but really good
and you have Blade of the immortal on your PTW list as well.

Mar 26, 2012 1:10 PM
May 2010
SerasAshley said:
Samurai 7
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Champloo
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Shin Angyo Onshi- a manwha but really good
and you have Blade of the immortal on your PTW list as well.

Thanks for thr recommendation i appreciate it :)
Mar 26, 2012 9:40 PM
Mar 2012
Hey kinda new to manga but is there any mangas that are like Suzuka and Kimi no iru machi? I absolutely love those 2 ^_^ so I guess harem, school, romance, comedy type stuff (NO yaoi or reverse harem please :3)
Toa1202Mar 27, 2012 12:01 AM
Mar 27, 2012 1:07 PM

Aug 2009
Toa1202 said:
Hey kinda new to manga but is there any mangas that are like Suzuka and Kimi no iru machi? I absolutely love those 2 ^_^ so I guess harem, school, romance, comedy type stuff (NO yaoi or reverse harem please :3)

Love Hina - It doesn't have a school type setting, but does have harem, romance, and comedy.
Ichigo 100% - Has all the characteristics you were asking for. Harem, school, romance, and comedy.
Ai Yori Aoshi - Out of the three, it's the only one I haven't read. I can't tell you much about it, but many people I know say that the feelings they get from both Ai Yori Aoshi and Suzuka are very alike, so I felt I should suggest it...

There are other harems out there that fit what you're asking for (Ai Kora, Ayu Mayu) but I personally did not like them when I tried them out, so I wouldn't recommend them. Anyways, I hope this helps! ^^
Mar 29, 2012 7:01 PM
Nov 2011
Hey everybody! I never wrote in a forum before (its a forum right...?). So its my very first time!
So I'll just ask my question...

I have read Koko no Iru Yo! which I like reading very much. I'm wondering if there are other mangas that are similar to that manga.

~I'm nervous, scared. But please reply!~
Mar 29, 2012 9:50 PM

Oct 2009
MAL recommends Kimi ni Todoke-which I loved, and Dengeki Daisy

Mar 30, 2012 5:21 AM
Mar 2012
Pyapi said:
Toa1202 said:

Love Hina - It doesn't have a school type setting, but does have harem, romance, and comedy.
Ichigo 100% - Has all the characteristics you were asking for. Harem, school, romance, and comedy.
Ai Yori Aoshi - Out of the three, it's the only one I haven't read. I can't tell you much about it, but many people I know say that the feelings they get from both Ai Yori Aoshi and Suzuka are very alike, so I felt I should suggest it...

There are other harems out there that fit what you're asking for (Ai Kora, Ayu Mayu) but I personally did not like them when I tried them out, so I wouldn't recommend them. Anyways, I hope this helps! ^^

Thanks so much! ^-^
Mar 30, 2012 8:33 AM

Mar 2012
I'm looking for a manga which has fantasy, adventure AND romance. all of the mangas like naruto and fairy tail are fantasy and adventure, but doesn't have many romance :( help please? :<
Mar 30, 2012 2:40 PM

Aug 2009
Jokersparade said:
I'm looking for a manga which has fantasy, adventure AND romance. all of the mangas like naruto and fairy tail are fantasy and adventure, but doesn't have many romance :( help please? :<

I looked into your list and noticed that you're more into romantic romances (Or at least it seemed to me) So I think you might like these:
Chrno Crusade - Adventura, fantasy, and the romance is great in my opinion.
InuYasha - It's got plenty of action, fantasy setting, and it's got romance. It's very long though and gets repetitive around half-way through. You don't seem to have a problem with long running series, though, so you might like it :)
Fushigi Yuugi - Action, adventure, fantasy and very romantic. Lots of cute bishies too

Hopefully this will help! :)

K1MCHEE said:
Hey everybody! I never wrote in a forum before (its a forum right...?). So its my very first time!

I have read Koko no Iru Yo! which I like reading very much. I'm wondering if there are other mangas that are similar to that manga.

I suggest:
Koukou Debut - This series also has the main protagonist change herself with the help of a boy, though she is much stronger a girl than the protagonist of Koko Ni Iru yo!
Cat Street - The female protagonist also changes herself for the best with the help of a group of friends. Out of the two series, I think it's the most similar to Koko ni Iru Yo!

Hopefully you'll like them!! ^^
Mar 31, 2012 6:40 AM

Mar 2012
Pyapi said:
Jokersparade said:

I looked into your list and noticed that you're more into romantic romances (Or at least it seemed to me) So I think you might like these:
Chrno Crusade - Adventura, fantasy, and the romance is great in my opinion.
InuYasha - It's got plenty of action, fantasy setting, and it's got romance. It's very long though and gets repetitive around half-way through. You don't seem to have a problem with long running series, though, so you might like it :)
Fushigi Yuugi - Action, adventure, fantasy and very romantic. Lots of cute bishies too

Hopefully this will help! :)

K1MCHEE said:

I suggest:
Koukou Debut - This series also has the main protagonist change herself with the help of a boy, though she is much stronger a girl than the protagonist of Koko Ni Iru yo!
Cat Street - The female protagonist also changes herself for the best with the help of a group of friends. Out of the two series, I think it's the most similar to Koko ni Iru Yo!

Hopefully you'll like them!! ^^

Thanks ^^ but i already watched inuyasha and fushigi yuugi, so i'll try chrno crusade then :) thank youu~~
May 1, 2012 10:12 PM

Apr 2012
I don't know if this has been mentioned as I don't have time to read all the comments but I highly recommend the online Korean mangwa Noblesse. The protagonist is a vampire who has been asleep for 800 years and wakes in modern day Korea. He is frequently foiled by modern technology which is a source of extremely funny comedic relief. The story follows him, his servant Frankenstein (a drop-dead gorgeous high school principal who is OCD about the cleanliness of his house - also a source of funnies), and three students who become wrapped up in events surrounding "enhanced" humans with supernatural powers. The story is really gripping at times, making me scroll through so fast that I get seasick. LoL. The characters are very real and easy to get attached to.

The link I provided is for the English translation. I don't have links for other translations but I know they're out there. You'll have to let me what you think after you read it.

http://www.mangareader.net/1716-54974-1/noblesse/chapter-1.html

Edit = I fail at BBC. I was going to make it a link within the title but ... can't remember the code. All I know is HTML. So there's a hard link above.
ReyvinHillMay 1, 2012 10:18 PM
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
May 10, 2012 9:13 AM

Jan 2012
I'm looking for a manga with a main character having a personality like Yuki Nagato in Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... I prefer it being shounen, romance and school life.. even if it is not a school life is fine...
Yesterday is history...
Tomorrow is a mystery...
And...
Today is a gift, that's why it's called present.
May 15, 2012 5:54 AM

Nov 2009
Hi!! I want a manga similar ti skipbeat or black bird , light romance or intemate one, something a bit long and is comleted something that will not make me stop reading ^^
May 15, 2012 1:56 PM

Aug 2009
I'm not very familiar with the two mangas (I only read a few chapters of Skip Beat!), so my recs will be based on what you said mostly (Light romance) Here goes:

Hana Kimi - Light hearted romanced, pretty long, and is pretty funny. I really liked it and I think from what I saw from your manga list you probably will as well ^^

Marmalade Boy - A bit old, but it's a cute romance with bits of comedy. Only near the end does it get dramatic.

Kimi wa Pet - light hearted romance for the most part, except it deals with some serious issue (The expectation of women to stop working after marriage/having a child). It's very good, one of my favorites, so I highly recommend it

I hope that helps... From the chapters I saw of Skip Beat! The closest to what you want would be Hana Kimi, but I suggest taking a peak at the others too :)
Jul 22, 2012 12:59 AM
Jan 2012
this is a bit vague, but does anyone have any good ecchi or harem manga they'd like to recommend? i mind plot and would not like extremely cliche characters.

(my idea of bad is to love-ru, iichigo 100%, and the world god only knows :X.)
Jul 22, 2012 6:32 AM

Sep 2008
I will second that about ichigo 100% :P

As for harem ecchi, you might try:
Love Hina - one of the best ecchi harem manga out there, by Ken Akamatsu
Mahou Sensei Negima - another form Ken Akamatsu, ecchi harem with a lot of action. If you read it, don't get discouraged by the early chapters. After a short while, Ken changes the plot a bit and it becomes great.
Jul 24, 2012 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
Hi. I am looking for completed seinen manga of just about any kind. I would prefer romance or psychological be included in the genres somehow. In the end anything works as long as it is completed and a seinen.
Jul 25, 2012 10:08 AM

Sep 2008
I can recommend the four manga that are brillant when it comes to pure quality:

Berserk - can't find any flaws other than the author's laziness xD
EDEN: It's an Endless World - very mature and existential
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan - a deep josei story that has the power to change one's view on life itself
20th Century Boys - I'm sure it ends as well as it's been since the very beginning but I haven't finished reading it yet. I have to recommend it for the great, complicated plot.
Jul 25, 2012 2:32 PM

Oct 2009
Very nice recs!

I can add Monster and Pluto to the list, and as a wild card, Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa

Jul 25, 2012 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
All of your recommendations are much appreciated. I look forward to reading all of them.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.