Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2019 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
Great movie overall.

Ippo fought well and Sanada was a taught opponent.

9/10

Jun 16, 2019 11:54 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good movie, Ippo messed up big time there with the confession, Good thing that he made up with Kumi

Sanada was a great character, combining medical knowlegde with boxing.
Didn't expect Ippo to hold his own against Takamura in that arm wrestling competition, seems like Ippo is close to Takamura in terms of Bear slaying strength.

Mar 4, 2020 9:37 AM

May 2015
This is your classic fail to confess situation.

Mashiba is scared of his sister. :D

Stiil IMO challenger wasn't much of challenge.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 21, 2020 3:42 AM

Nov 2018
Fine movie, but result was even more predictalbe when in fights from 1st season.Ippo is a true shounen protagonist getting carried by his power of will.Unfortunately, this power of will doesn't work with girls(especially one particular girl, that's just as shy as him, but still more initiative than Mr.Champion)...

I know that being this unconfident is a part of Ippo's character, but damn, why is he being such a tard with such an understanding girl as Kumi?Their relationships seem so awkward.I am also INFJ just as Kumi and I would probably act first, because this guy is so spineless outside of ring, that's not even funny...

6.2/10 , 6.5 if one of them actually confessed
I hate everyone equally
Jun 9, 2020 10:23 AM

May 2016
It's great to see that Ippo was able to retain his title and finally have that feeling of being a Champion defending what is his from the very top sink in within him. He'll be fighting a lot of matches that'd be such as hard as that as long as he doesn't turn in his belt to move up to bigger waters but there's a lot of people itching for a rematch against him so I wish him the best of luck.

It'd be very hard to screw things up between him and Kumi so I'm rooting for them!

Jun 16, 2020 10:37 PM

Jun 2020
I loved the movie. I will continue to see the rest of this wonderful anime, without a doubt this movie is one of the best that the anime production has done.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jun 18, 2020 1:32 AM

Nov 2011
Great film. Ippo really missed a chance for some development with Kumi there, but aside from that the usual brilliance you'd expect. I did have some issues with Sanada though, he just felt a bit too flawed to me, anything but a doctor, i don't see how a doctor who is suppose to heal people could take part in hurting them as well, i know they were trying to lean on the biology part which they used to good effect, but overall just didn't sit well.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 24, 2020 11:46 AM

Feb 2019
The movie was ok I think, didn't thought they would bring those talks man I hate those Ippo being shown like weak from the start of the match overall the movie was great.
Dec 29, 2020 1:57 PM

Jul 2016
Why does Ippo need to tell her he "loves" her, they been on a few dates, just tell her you enjoy spending time with her and give her a peck on the lips, or just do the latter if you're more of a man of action and not a talker.

Also, according to OK Cupid polls, most girls think it's creepy to say you love them after a few dates, lol.
HellzBellz82Dec 29, 2020 2:17 PM
Jan 3, 2021 4:44 AM

Nov 2016
This special really had everything that made the series so great.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2021 5:27 PM

Feb 2014
upon re-watching this, i like the other stuff that was happening more than this fight itself, i mean i liked the fight but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first time, ahh ippo sometimes is a bit hmm somewhat annoying lol, but nah it was a good fight overall. and ahhh will he ever confess to kumi loool, its clear that they both like each other lol
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Oct 28, 2021 5:27 AM

Dec 2007
great continuation movie, i'm glad they adapted this fight into a movie and not to the series, because the whole fight felt to me like ippo vs sendo, senada is very good fighter, but the mangaka just putted him in kinda higher level than even sendo. the same motives of desperation and "let's just lie on the canvas" reappeared again like ippo haven't learned anything from his match against sendo.

though that, i really love the senada idea of being doctor.

but overall it's seems that madhouse intended to make the movie the theme of couch relationship, gotta say they did it right.

lol the ending was sweet and funny.
too bad ippo x kumo didn't developed much apart from that, but oh well..

9/10
Mar 31, 2022 12:40 PM
Nov 2020
skullking123 said:
themax37 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a pretty awesome movie... too bad since 2003 they haven't made a second movie for a final a fight with Miyata. That was something I was actually looking forward to in the series.

Im not sure if you mean a final between Miyata and Ippo and if you do

But yea great movie second time Ive watched it. I wanted some more Ippo x Kumi in it though. I am hoping for a good amount of it in season 2.

Im looking forward to World Title Belt matches.

Until Then

~Skullking123~

I hope you enjoyed watching the world championship matches as it’s been 14 years since you posted this😅
Jan 9, 2023 9:39 PM

Apr 2022
great movie, solid animation. madhouse never misses.
ippo managed to defend the title and we got some romance hehe, tho i slapped my head so hard when ippo messed up the confession.
Jun 3, 2023 10:49 AM

Jul 2021
not completely satisfied with the way fight concluded. really felt like an ass-pull where ippo was able to take all those punches and still stand but not the other dude. well still really happy for ippo. chad frfr, hoping he gets together with kumi in sequel also hoping to see some little romance between them, hand-holding or kiss pls

8/10

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 9, 2023 4:34 AM
May 2021
That was a really close win
He almost lost his title lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is this movie canon or filler?

aod-kun - Mar 12, 2023

3 by Bhavya7 »»
Mar 12, 2023 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.