Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 27, 2018 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
I like the series of the short movies, even though I never read the novels it's based on.

My main issue though with this one, is that they're trying to say that Fujino Asagami is "evil and a rampaging beast", which is wrong and false.

She was drugged, abducted, gang-raped and they even attemped to murder her., and well, she killed them first. Legally, I think that is not considered murder what she did., when someone is about to murder you and you manage to kill them first that is.

Was I supposed to feel sorry or empathy for the perpetretors? Because I don't, they had it coming ten times over. And apparently her parents fail to have conversations with her every day to find out what is going on with her, she's just a teenager after all. If she cannot talk or share things with her parents, to whom can she talk? They just presumed her as guilty and they're doing what 99% characters are doing the whole movie, misjudging her,. and think that she was just a slut and deserved to be gang-rapped.

If she was indeed "evil and a rampaging beast", she'd kill ANYBODY, RAMDOMLY, children, womem, men, elderly, etc., etc. etc. The guy we see her chasing is one of her rapists, probably one of the rare few who managed to get out of the place still alive, not a RANDOM INNOCENT person she just hapened to bump into., but a GUILTY one.

I hate it that they seem to make rape, not a serious crime, a light crime. Rape is okay,, gang rape is okay but not murder. But like I said, legally speaking, her "murders" at the beginning is not a murder because they also tried to kill her at some point, so it's self-defense.. Victims of rape tend to get in deep depression, can even commit suicide. It's generally hard to talk about it because others can think they deserved to be raped, that the're sluts asking for it, even the authorities (cops, judges, lawyers) can think and behave like this with victims of rape, making reporting rapes harder on victims.

The entire movie the message I get is that Fujino Asagami is a slut who deserved it, heck even her parents shocked to find how to find how much of a slut she is they want her dead. I'm so pissed off the entire movie and at 99% of the characters for being 99999999999% morons, and I wonder how deranged the author of the novel is.
Sep 25, 2018 12:11 AM

Mar 2018
I liked this one better than the first two. Fujino is a likable character. I was glad that she survived. The rape scenes were very well done IMO.

I have a couple of questions about what happened:

1. Fujino killed several people. Were they all part of the rape gang, or were there also "innocent" people among her victims?

2. What was Fujino's relationship with Keita and his gang? Apparently they raped her multiple times over the several months. Did they just grab her off the street every time? And did she never resist nor report it? The story seems strange to me.

kalinime said:
Better than the first two movies. Too damn bad the one rapist got away, I'm sure they didn't even turn him into the cops. Wonder how many more women he'll rape before something final happens to him.
Altay545 said:
Now you tell me how i'm supposed to respect Mikiya when he saves a rapist that has been raping and mistreating a poor girl for half a year and not only her who knows how many other girls ? i just lost all faith in that sack of shit after that i never really liked him and that just cemented what a low life form he is, i'm not sure how i'm supposed to go on for another 4 movies watching this sack of shit.

I kind of agree with this criticism. I lost a lot of respect for Kokutou Mikiya after seeing him protect Keita. This tells me that Kokutou is a "nice guy" but NOT a "good guy". He doesn't seem to have any values nor try to achieve anything. Actually, his ONLY characteristic appears to be that he is "nice" to everyone - even when being nice causes harm in the long run. This makes him both unlikable and boring as a character.

Kokutou might be even worse than Emiya Shirou. Emiya is a pretty awful MC already, being dumb as cow dung, but at least Emiya seems to have values and tries to do good. Kokutou is equally stupid but doesn't even try to achieve anything.

Nothingness39 said:
My main issue though with this one, is that they're trying to say that Fujino Asagami is "evil and a rampaging beast", which is wrong and false.

She was drugged, abducted, gang-raped and they even attemped to murder her., and well, she killed them first. Legally, I think that is not considered murder what she did., when someone is about to murder you and you manage to kill them first that is.

I agree with these points. Assuming that all the people she killed were part of the rape gang (which I am not sure of), IMO all her killings were perfectly justified and made the world a better place.

A normal rape as a heinous enough crime. What Keita-tachi did was way worse. Not only did they repeatedly rape her, but he makes it clear that they tried to hurt her as much as possible - oh, and by the way, they also tried to murder her. I think it should be clear to everyone that Keita-tachi are rabid beasts that need to be removed, not only for revenge or justice, but even just to make the world safer. Protecting Keita is a crime because it makes the world a worse place. Kokutou is shit.
Sep 25, 2018 1:15 AM

May 2012
SpectrumDT said:
I liked this one better than the first two. Fujino is a likable character. I was glad that she survived. The rape scenes were very well done IMO.

1. Fujino killed several people. Were they all part of the rape gang, or were there also "innocent" people among her victims?

2. What was Fujino's relationship with Keita and his gang? Apparently they raped her multiple times over the several months. Did they just grab her off the street every time? And did she never resist nor report it? The story seems strange to me.

1.- Yes she was only hunting down the people from the gang it's not like she was some deranged killer she just wanted revenge after finally feeling something, she felt like she was dead inside since she had always never felt anything and then when she started having all that pain she pretty much snapped she also got her powers and with her crazed state of mind i guess she equated her suffering to all the things that had happened to her.

2.-They probably took her information when they raped her the first time and then kept on pestering her ... well couple of friends of mine are in the force and i've heard a couple of stories like this but it's really not pretty stuff man don't know if you wanna know about it, stuff like this actually happens they usually grab a girl and then they tape them to use as blackmail the girl of course gets scared and starts doing what the people ask of them, as i said it's easy to get their address and phone number and they just order them to do stuff, also it's sometimes pretty easy to just stake them out and know what route she takes back from work and the like, all pretty disgusting stuff it's really not that hard for stuff like this to happen, you don't really want to know how many girls go through stuff like that i mean it's not some insane number but the numbers that are there are already stuff from nightmares.

I kind of agree with this criticism. I lost a lot of respect for Kokutou Mikiya after seeing him protect Keita. This tells me that Kokutou is a "nice guy" but NOT a "good guy". He doesn't seem to have any values nor try to achieve anything. Actually, his ONLY characteristic appears to be that he is "nice" to everyone - even when being nice causes harm in the long run. This makes him both unlikable and boring as a character.

Kokutou might be even worse than Emiya Shirou. Emiya is a pretty awful MC already, being dumb as cow dung, but at least Emiya seems to have values and tries to do good. Kokutou is equally stupid but doesn't even try to achieve anything.

Yep pretty much this is the difference between a dumbass and someone with morals, he does what he thinks is "right" cuz KiLlinG Is BaD.... i mean the whole thing is very stupid but whatever man concepts about imaginary things such as "good" and "bad" are always pretty stupid in these types of series that try to take themselves too seriously and the "good" guys always need to do the "right" thing just retarded.

And yes just like you stated at the end it doesn't take a genius to understand that what she did was justified and that the message the movie gave is pretty shallow, had they been on her side from the beginning they could have probably noticed her problem faster and that would have been a much better movie hunting all that trash after all that they did, but nope killing is bad hence she must be bad, what they raped you ? repeatedly? made your already sad existence even worse? well that's already in the past and what you're trying to do is bad so fuck you.

People are surely gonna go with the strawman "well does that mean we should all just kill whoever offends us" and anyone that thinks like that is missing the point what these guys did is pure evil not just a "bad" thing they made their choice of repeatedly inflicting pain on this girl and then even when sack of shit Mikiya captures them they spout shit about what they did and expect him to save them (and he actually fucking does it my god ...) they don't really deserve to live after that they're not humans worth saving they're actively making the world an even bigger shit hole and that poor girl is justified in her revenge.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Sep 25, 2018 1:07 PM

Mar 2018
Altay545 said:
SpectrumDT said:

1.- Yes she was only hunting down the people from the gang it's not like she was some deranged killer she just wanted revenge after finally feeling something, she felt like she was dead inside since she had always never felt anything and then when she started having all that pain she pretty much snapped she also got her powers and with her crazed state of mind i guess she equated her suffering to all the things that had happened to her.

2.-They probably took her information when they raped her the first time and then kept on pestering her ... well couple of friends of mine are in the force and i've heard a couple of stories like this but it's really not pretty stuff man don't know if you wanna know about it, stuff like this actually happens they usually grab a girl and then they tape them to use as blackmail the girl of course gets scared and starts doing what the people ask of them, as i said it's easy to get their address and phone number and they just order them to do stuff, also it's sometimes pretty easy to just stake them out and know what route she takes back from work and the like, all pretty disgusting stuff it's really not that hard for stuff like this to happen, you don't really want to know how many girls go through stuff like that i mean it's not some insane number but the numbers that are there are already stuff from nightmares.

All right. Thanks.

Altay545 said:

Yep pretty much this is the difference between a dumbass and someone with morals, he does what he thinks is "right" cuz KiLlinG Is BaD.... i mean the whole thing is very stupid but whatever man concepts about imaginary things such as "good" and "bad" are always pretty stupid in these types of series that try to take themselves too seriously and the "good" guys always need to do the "right" thing just retarded.

And yes just like you stated at the end it doesn't take a genius to understand that what she did was justified and that the message the movie gave is pretty shallow, had they been on her side from the beginning they could have probably noticed her problem faster and that would have been a much better movie hunting all that trash after all that they did, but nope killing is bad hence she must be bad, what they raped you ? repeatedly? made your already sad existence even worse? well that's already in the past and what you're trying to do is bad so fuck you.

People are surely gonna go with the strawman "well does that mean we should all just kill whoever offends us" and anyone that thinks like that is missing the point what these guys did is pure evil not just a "bad" thing they made their choice of repeatedly inflicting pain on this girl and then even when sack of shit Mikiya captures them they spout shit about what they did and expect him to save them (and he actually fucking does it my god ...) they don't really deserve to live after that they're not humans worth saving they're actively making the world an even bigger shit hole and that poor girl is justified in her revenge.

Yeah, I agree with most of this.

My impression is that Nasu's attempts to grapple with ethics are generally pretentious, pandering and stupid. Look at how Fate/Zero built up
as a ridiculously contrived strawman in a feeble attempt to discredit utilitarianism - again, in favour of sentimentality and "being nice".
Dec 2, 2018 5:22 AM

Feb 2018
Fujino never felt pain...In the end Shiki forgives Fujino.
Dec 26, 2018 1:11 PM

Mar 2018
It bothers me that piece of shit Keita got away.
Jan 3, 2019 10:21 PM

Aug 2011
What absolute hot garbage. Nothing infuriates me more than white knighting. Kokutou is one of the most infuriating retards I've ever come across and for the rapist to get away is disgusting. White knighting for the sake of white knighting is poor writing expected from mindless drivel. After last episode actually being good I had high hopes for this one only to be left severely disappointed.

The childish writing is laughable but expected from Type Moon. It goes to show that Tsukihime was the only good thing they've ever made (and even then the VN was surpassed by a far superior manga adaptation). I'll keep watching the rest since too late to turn back but still. At least its not as bad as Fate. That's the only positive I can take from this.
Jan 4, 2019 2:51 AM

Oct 2014
NovaLord said:
The childish writing is laughable but expected from Type Moon. It goes to show that Tsukihime was the only good thing they've ever made (and even then the VN was surpassed by a far superior manga adaptation).

actually, tsukihime manga is extremely boring shit compared to the VN, i started reading it on january of last year and still can't get past chapter 35.
Jan 6, 2019 3:10 AM

Aug 2011
Shayon said:

actually, tsukihime manga is extremely boring shit compared to the VN, i started reading it on january of last year and still can't get past chapter 35.

The problem with the VN is the characters are just flat. Shiki is nonexistent. He's basically the readers self insert and has nothing going for him. I don't even want to call him a character.
The manga develops the characters (at least the ones it covers) far better than the VN and actually gives them more depth than the little that is provided in the VN. The VN isn't bad, I very much like it, but its an amateur work that needs to be polished. The manga does just that and far surpasses the VN. Even type moon admitted the manga surpassed the VN. From a writing stand point and an artistic stand point its easy to see.
Jan 6, 2019 4:59 AM

Oct 2014
NovaLord said:
The problem with the VN is the characters are just flat. Shiki is nonexistent. He's basically the readers self insert and has nothing going for him. I don't even want to call him a character.
The manga develops the characters (at least the ones it covers) far better than the VN and actually gives them more depth than the little that is provided in the VN. The VN isn't bad, I very much like it, but its an amateur work that needs to be polished. The manga does just that and far surpasses the VN. Even type moon admitted the manga surpassed the VN. From a writing stand point and an artistic stand point its easy to see.

shiki may not be such a great mc, but calling him nonexistent is going too far i think
he has his own backstory, thoughts, and struggles throughout the story

i won't argue about the manga further since i haven't finished it, but from what i've read so far, it hasn't done anything substantial to improve on the existing characters. if it ends up doing that down the line, then all the better
AdatiusJan 6, 2019 5:03 AM
Jan 6, 2019 6:52 PM

Aug 2011
Shayon said:

shiki may not be such a great mc, but calling him nonexistent is going too far i think

i won't argue about the manga further since i haven't finished it, but from what i've read so far, it hasn't done anything substantial to improve on the existing characters. if it ends up doing that down the line, then all the better

In the VN that's basically what he is. Note how he never really appears talking alongside other characters, instead the story is told through his eyes as if the reader is Shiki. Don't want to go into spoilers but, yes he gets a background but that background is more to develop his past and how he got his eyes. It doesn't really ground him as a character and the Shiki in the present story is malleable so the reader can easily self insert. He was purposely designed like that. Yes he's not perfect and does go through some crazy swings but that doesn't really mean he can't be a self insert. If anything it doubles on the self insertion because now the reader can watch Shiki face his own troubles.

On the manga though as we see Shiki's actions and developed thought processes its easy to see him as his own character. Even Ciel despite how little screentime she gets in the manga ends up more developed and more of a concrete character than she is in the VN. Well this is how I see it and if you see it different then that's perfectly fine. I still think the VN is good anyways.
Jul 10, 2019 1:24 AM
Jan 2017
oww its reminding me to matou sakura,, hehe the mc and the black haired girl is very similar,,
and that power is very good,, hmm that girl is very pshyco killing with brutal way, yeah she can feel the pain even she raped many time by that gang but still not feel ,, hehe she finally feel pain after her belly feel some pain and blame it to that gang but the true thats just her desease, sho she kill people for that reason, , and the gore is very good,
ufotable give the best for gore thing,,
look like the story run after movie 2-3-1 i realize from shiki who losing her hand and change it with imitation hand ,,
the sory is very interesting to figure what the reason for the girl why she killing people with brutal way,,
and shiki after that figure that she must kill the girl,, but look like shiki still has human side and fail to kill the girl,, and save the girl and said that she already kill her desease,,
hmm the story is quite confusing , but still enjoyable for me,,
Jul 10, 2019 1:27 AM
Jan 2017
NovaLord said:
Shayon said:

In the VN that's basically what he is. Note how he never really appears talking alongside other characters, instead the story is told through his eyes as if the reader is Shiki. Don't want to go into spoilers but, yes he gets a background but that background is more to develop his past and how he got his eyes. It doesn't really ground him as a character and the Shiki in the present story is malleable so the reader can easily self insert. He was purposely designed like that. Yes he's not perfect and does go through some crazy swings but that doesn't really mean he can't be a self insert. If anything it doubles on the self insertion because now the reader can watch Shiki face his own troubles.

On the manga though as we see Shiki's actions and developed thought processes its easy to see him as his own character. Even Ciel despite how little screentime she gets in the manga ends up more developed and more of a concrete character than she is in the VN. Well this is how I see it and if you see it different then that's perfectly fine. I still think the VN is good anyways.
hmm you said he? who are u talking about.. kokutou?
Jul 10, 2019 2:28 AM

Oct 2014
x2kill4 said:
NovaLord said:

hmm you said he? who are u talking about.. kokutou?

Tohno Shiki from Tsukihime, he's a different character from Kara no Kyoukai's Shiki
Jan 1, 2020 10:25 AM

Apr 2013
I still have no idea what these girls even are. But I guess this isn't the last we'll see of Fujino. Also this was in the past when Shiki was still split-personality? Because in the first movie she seemed quite different. Everything's still a bit confusing.
May 8, 2020 7:24 PM

Dec 2009
I guess until I watch all of the movies I won't have a sense of fulfillment and comprehension but at the moment, even though some aspects stay intriguing for the mystery to an odd extent, it all feels mindless and dumb with how overly mystifying it is.

There's too much that feels random without reason to a point.
Jul 11, 2020 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
why she didn't kill fujino? is she is not beyond help? and how to fuck someone kill the disease?
Jul 27, 2020 11:08 PM

Mar 2019
Wow. That was really, really good. Many questions we're answered, and we saw some interesting aspects of Shiki. 9/10

Aug 26, 2020 1:20 PM

Sep 2018
Somehow, they managed to make Kokutou an even worse character than he was last time. Not only is he still a boring white knight like the last movie, but he's also a piece of shit who protects a sadistic serial rapist like Keita. And somehow that makes him a 'nice guy'? Fuck off.

The movie acting like Fujino was somehow less justified in her killings than Shiki is also confusing. From what I saw, only killed one person who wasn't an irredeemable scumbag, and even then she was justified - it seemed to me like she reacted reflexively to protect herself from being run over.
Aug 30, 2020 7:29 AM

Sep 2017
Nice movie. Loved the cat fight between Ryougi and Fujino

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 17, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2020
Omg this girl boobs are cute. Showed explicitly. In the end she is just stressed out due to her potential. Epic battle Shiki vs Fujino but it was to fast. Purple girl ruin all the bridge with her esper ability. Shiki didn't kill her, well that's good for Kokotou. 8/10 cool.
Sep 21, 2020 12:47 AM
Jul 2016
Just wanted to salute the voice acting of Mamiko Noto in this particular role, excellent!
Nov 13, 2020 4:10 AM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed the first two movies, but this is definitely the best one yet. Why does Wormslut gotta be raped in every universe? :(

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 3, 2021 6:33 AM

May 2020
Freaking AWESOME fight, the ending was pretty good too. Best movie so far
Jan 3, 2021 3:00 PM

Dec 2014
Easily the best movie so far. Not a big fan of sexual violence plotlines but this one was really good.

Felt really bad for Fujino, just a victim of the cruelty of so many people. First the townsfolk, then her father and that doctor for trying to make her 'normal' and finally Keita and his gang. T.T
Sometimes I wonder if it really is so hard for humanity to accept something that is 'not normal'.

I'm not really one to get angry but hearing Keita describe Fujino the way he did to Mikiya got me real annoyed. I don't think he deserved to be protected by Shiki and co at all, heck if it were me I might have even give him straight to Fujino.

Kinda glad that it looked like Fujino might be saved at the very end, she really grew on me as a character. Shiki mentioned that she killed the disease within her. I assume she can see the lines of death for the disease itself and cut it?
Jan 26, 2021 12:37 AM

Jul 2019
Sure, an intriguing movie with awesome music and animations but the writing and message its trying (not sure if its even trying) to tell is just lame. Murderous girl who had a dark past kills people... MC being too perfect of a human being wants to spare her... we've all heard of it. Also I'm not sure if I can even describe the lore of Kara no Kyoukai so far having watched 1-3. But I guess thats not important if this is the kind of writing this series can have. Hopefully I'm wrong because from the preview the 4th movie shows the event after the 2nd movie
Mar 11, 2021 6:35 PM

Oct 2020
My favorite movie alongside the 5th. Really liked Fujino.The animation , soundtrack and VA is amazing.
OweynLupton said:
Somehow, they managed to make Kokutou an even worse character than he was last time. Not only is he still a boring white knight like the last movie, but he's also a piece of shit who protects a sadistic serial rapist like Keita. And somehow that makes him a 'nice guy'? Fuck off.

The movie acting like Fujino was somehow less justified in her killings than Shiki is also confusing. From what I saw, only killed one person who wasn't an irredeemable scumbag, and even then she was justified - it seemed to me like she reacted reflexively to protect herself from being run over.
Never liked him. I tried , but the only good thing about him is his little sister
May 7, 2021 6:25 AM

Nov 2018
Edgy , pseudo-deep with great production value by ufotable.
No wonder same people created Fate series.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 6, 2021 3:36 AM

Mar 2017
ahh, half of the people did not understand the movie and came here to rant needlessly. Please watch the movie again and this time pay attention to the events. And you will understand Mikiya's action as well as why Shiki wanted to kill Fujino.
Jun 13, 2021 8:40 AM

Aug 2018
This 3rd installment was pretty decent compared to the prior 2 movies.

8//10
Jul 9, 2021 10:22 PM

Sep 2014
As someone who had appendicitis in 2016 and had to get surgery I can confirm it hurts like absolute hell, even just falling asleep at night with that level of pain is nearly impossible.

Great movie btw
Jan 5, 2022 3:39 AM

May 2020
Well this was definitely a step ahead of those previous two both in terms of overall perception and gruesomeness. They did told us a bit about eyes of death perception too. Also I'm guessing chronologically it's before the first one.

The whole thing with Fujino was definitely disturbing but yeah that was the main scoring point of this movie, also seems like Shiki didn't finished her off in the end, well things will be more clear later on I guess.
Jan 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Jan 2021
This one was definitely better than the last two!
Quite liked the development.
7/10
Feb 9, 2022 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
couldn't stop thinking about hatsu inu the entire time for some reason. Probably bc Fujino is almost the same lol
Feb 9, 2022 8:00 PM

May 2020
Man, Type-Moon really don't like purple haired girls do they ?

Overall, much better than the last movie but this one just felt off from a story point of view. I mean Shiki and Toko being insensitive to Fujino's situation I understand but what's Kokuto's excuse ? Helping one of the people who repeatedly hurt her and then spouting off some bullshit about not wanting anyone to die ?

Anyway, onto the sequel.
Feb 17, 2022 5:55 AM
May 2021
The rape scene was brutal and this part fight scene is awesome.
Feb 22, 2022 1:29 AM

Aug 2020
Tragic, sad, and messed up story. Really good production and animation. It is a very good 8/10 for me.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 15, 2022 9:46 PM
Mar 2021
Asagami's story was well told and sad. I was very moved at the end.
May 29, 2023 5:38 PM

Aug 2022
One of rapers survived and was living like he did nothing and no one did anything? bruh I like dark stuff and I like villains more than heroes but that bastard deserved to suffer!!!
Jul 12, 2023 3:31 AM

Jan 2021
The movies just keep on getting better and better. The animation was noticeably better in this one. The characters were a lot more interesting. This movie made me emotional. This movie made me cry. I cant describe the emotion I felt. Fujino was the victim. She deserved better. She was raped so violently by all those men. Even her father gave up on her. I felt extremely sad for her. I almost thought she was killed by shiki but I actually got really happy and excited when I heard from Shiki that she is still alive. I didnt see keita dead though. Thats a big flaw. He needs to be tortured then killed. Well done Fujino for the revenge she took against all those men.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jul 14, 2023 1:44 PM

Nov 2010
I got a boner from that scene in the beginning. Fujino is hot! I also like Fujino's white underwear. That bra looks cute. I would've r*ped her myself, and I don't mind if she'll rip me apart after. All I ask is to let me creampie in her rectum, at least!

Those scumbags were asking for it, I guess. They should've been content with treating Fujino like a sex doll instead of escalating it to beatings & stabbings.

So this is another prequel, and that's how Shiki lost her arm. The story is weird but interesting. All this shit happened thanks to a perfect storm of coincidences caused by the foolishness of her sadistic r*pists, from accidentally restoring her ability to feel pain to a serial killing made worse by her appendicitis.

What about Fujino's unrequited love for Mikiya? I guess he'll never know, and she'll never be able to tell him.
That was a good fight scene at the end. I just realized how powerful Shiki is. She could theoretically kill my boy Goetia if she could get close enough to him.
Jul 18, 2023 12:24 AM

Aug 2019
Honestly really solid movie overall, a lot more grim and depressing this time round but i am relieved it seemed to end on a happy ending. I think one think that really tripped me up was some of the technical words they use to describe the supernatural stuff, like the ESP and some explanations about the supernatural stuff that happened in the show i kinda felt out of the loop about but that could just be me.
Also all that science's and medical stuff when they talked about Fujino's issues like her not being able to feel pain, then being hit in the back made it so she could again, and how it linked to her current state also went over my head cus i'm dumb. All i kinda clocked was it was she thought she got stabbed, but it was actually some intern issue with her body failing and it being extremely fatal and giving her constant pain and is a factor to what's caused her to become unstable after being able to feel pain again(?)

To me there felt like a ton of twists (no pun intended?) to Fujino's backstory. Being the core of this mystery, i felt they did a really good job at building up the mystery and reveal to certain points about her that i didn't expect but found really interesting, admittedly i don't think i could of predicated a lot of plot points. The slow build up and reveal of her issues and backstory over the course of the movie that that all linked to what she was doing was great and had me genuinely hooked.

Overall as well the character depth and development this movie was crazy good. I felt like i kinda got a better understanding of the main cast with their moralities and relationships with one another. Mikiya for example i think i've come to the conclusion that i just respect the guy for what he does, from the looks of it, he just seems like a genuinely nice and caring guy in a world of crazy and sadness, thinks like him not only sparing Keita but sheltering him from Fujino as well i think speaks volumes about his character alone. Others like his genuine kindness to Fujino and understanding that Shiki has some supernatural murder thing with her but still has a thing for her makes me respect him.

Shiki i feel like i'd need more time to understand as a character still. Her having that split personality thing, also having that murder tendency but not has some moral code to it and is why she went out to stop Fujino after her 5th+ kill, but also referring that she's "cut from the same cloth" and similar to Fujino, also stating she's killed Fujino before is all a lot for me to take in and really form a proper opinion on her character. 

Visually the movie was impressive, shit like the twisted corpses and the attention to detail was gnarly. The fight at the end was also great, didn't expect the bridge to fucking twist like that, that one took me by surprise. Voice acting as well was great, really liked it.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.