Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 8, 2020 8:38 AM

Jul 2016
Doubt anyone reading this in 2020, but this one just ain't hit for me. The concept of romance definitely surpassed what was achieved by Tomoya and Nagisa in the 23 episodes of Clannad, but Tomoya's character just felt so different. Prior to this he seemed so unswayed by outside opinions and he just didn't feel the same as he was in the main story. I guess you could chalk this up to being Tomoyo's influence on him but I don't know.

Maybe I just couldn't get behind it because Nagisa is best girl though.
Jun 20, 2020 4:17 AM

Dec 2016
10/10
It will be amazing if this gets an anime series. Even 'Tomoyo After' is a good and enough material to be adapted.
Jul 1, 2020 10:23 AM

Oct 2012
This chapter was so good, i liked how tomoyo showed her fem and emotional side with tomoya, but well theres not much to develop on just one chapter, this could be easily much better.
Powerful duo.
Sep 26, 2020 1:26 AM

Mar 2020
Really sweet episode, which is why I'm surprised by how divisive the reception is. Even if it had a little of that trademarked Clannad melodrama, a 23-minute special managed to do way more for me than the 9-hour TV show it's based on.

I consider almost everything in this to be better than the mainline story, since the characters were actually behaving like human beings for a change and the art was pretty and detailed. My only real complaints occur as a result of its length, which I suppose can't really be helped.
XeroBeatSep 26, 2020 4:41 PM
Oct 4, 2020 12:11 PM

Jul 2008
AW Damn it I'm crying. TOMOYO IS THE BEST GIRL!!!!

And also people are assholes.
Oct 10, 2020 1:17 AM

Jun 2020
Well tbh I kinda like this ending, it was pretty good it seems like on this Tomoyo Edition was a very interesting and it has a good romance as well so 7/10.
Oct 26, 2020 7:23 PM

Oct 2013
THE PLACE IS A LOFTY LORD CAN'T MEET NOBODY PUT ON

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 8, 2020 5:36 PM

Jan 2020
This made me proud that Tomoyo is my favorite character.

I really enjoyed this and I loved everything about this.

Nov 23, 2020 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
Man, when you jokingly tell your girlfriend to break up and she instantly gets sad and replies what Tomoyo replied, you shouldn't even think of breaking up "for her sake".
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Nov 28, 2020 4:35 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Jun Maeda for a LOT of hate for making this visual novel to the point where it depressed him and made him take a hiatus. Let's not forget that.
Dec 12, 2020 11:11 PM
Sep 2020
although this is a different version of the world but it is so touching, and almost makes me cry

Okazaki's struggle is always talked about by people, it looks like he can live his life without Tomoyo

and Tomoyo can finally achieve his dream

this episode really brought tears to my eyes
Dec 26, 2020 12:35 AM

Aug 2014
this is a different Tomoyo personality-wise.    This is not the Tomoyo from the anime series.  I like this Tomoyo much more. 

Had Tomoyo acted in the anime like the Tomoyo from this OVA, I would have definitely wanted her to win Tomoya.

I also liked Tomoya's personality in this OVA. Felt real.  I have been in his situation, both romance and friendship-wise. Its tough to be together with a woman or any other person who is just so successful in life and youre just scraping by.

Great OVA.  Felt really real, relatable.  It was very touching.   

Again, its a shame that Tomoyo had such a macho personality on the series, and not this lovable one from this OVA.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:57 AM
Dec 26, 2020 1:11 AM

Aug 2014
slothpapi said:
Doubt anyone reading this in 2020, but this one just ain't hit for me. The concept of romance definitely surpassed what was achieved by Tomoya and Nagisa in the 23 episodes of Clannad, but Tomoya's character just felt so different. Prior to this he seemed so unswayed by outside opinions and he just didn't feel the same as he was in the main story. I guess you could chalk this up to being Tomoyo's influence on him but I don't know.

Maybe I just couldn't get behind it because Nagisa is best girl though.

Actually, Tomoya's personality in the anime, because he is a delinquent, specially around episode 12 of season 1 when he was talking to Kyou, didnt see himself with any woman from the school because Tomoya saw himself as a loser.

Bottom line, asides from liking Nagisa, he also saw himself in the same wavelength as her, since Nagisa is a repeater and many considered her a "loser" as well.

The Tomoya from the anime would NOT have gone out with Tomoyo, Kyou, or Ryou because they were winners in life.

In the anime, Nagisa and Kyou were the best girls since I always felt a connection when Tomoya interacted with both of them as opposed to any other girl. But if Tomoyo had the personality in this OVA as compared to the macho personality she had in the anime series, I might have picked Tomoyo.
Dec 27, 2020 11:16 PM

May 2020
I liked this one. Tomoyo is a great character!Nagisa is still best girl tho
Jan 9, 2021 6:52 PM

May 2019
Tomoyo is a great character and have more personality compare to Nagisa. This route is much better in term of romance drama just what the main lacking and no direction. Great OVA for heartfelt and relatable romance for just 25 min. Definitely one of highest point and my favourite from the series. This is also what I'm looking for from the franchise not the dumb or unfunny comedy that have been thrown in through out the main series.
VivaceRexJan 16, 2021 7:05 AM

Feb 24, 2021 10:43 AM

Jan 2020
This special was better than the entire anime...
Apr 18, 2021 11:08 AM
Feb 2019
Why, TBH this ova much emotion compare to 23 series eps..... This is much much better
May 10, 2022 2:41 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
YYYYYEEEEESSSSS SORRY NAGISA BUT FUK U UR BORING ASF GTFO AND MAKE WAY FOR THE BEST GIRL

So much drama crammed into a single episode; it punched me harder in the gut than anything from the main series. Seeing Tomoya belittled like that was quite painful. It's understandable to see where everyone else is coming from, but at the same time it's so ruthless to the point of being comical. But it's okay, it serves it's purpose in letting Tomoyo's love for Tomoya shine bright.

I'm so glad they at least adapted one ova for Tomoyo's route, as well as one for Kyou which I will be watching next before heading into After Story. At least the two best girls will have their much-deserved moments in the spotlight.

7/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 12, 2022 6:42 AM

Jul 2021
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

I was longing to see those 2 hug since the start of the episode, at last my eyes have been blessed. I wish there was like a 2 hour movie showing the whole Tomoya x Tomoyo, everything upto graduation, jobs, marriage, kids.

10/10. Loved this just as much as the main story.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 11, 2022 11:34 PM
Feb 2015
I love Nagisa but watching this, I was very surprised at how much I loved their relationship. It really works well. The reaction from the school and classmates really got me angry. Makes me want more from them.

Btw, absolutely wild seeing discussion on here from when it first released. It’s mid 2022 now, if anyone sees this in another 10 years, let me know!
Sep 24, 2022 12:04 AM

Jul 2022
To tell the truth Tomoyo was the 2nd girl I shipped Okazaki with, I'm glad to see that even if it's in an alternative version they manage to come out.

Me quede con ganas de darle un buen vergazo a Suehara
Dec 22, 2022 3:31 PM
Jun 2022
very sad and happy ending type special
Jul 31, 2023 12:13 AM
Jun 2017
I can't believe that Suehara, that douchbag student council member who tells Tomoya to dump Tomoyo for her own sake even if it would devastate her much to Tomoya's disgust is voiced by Jun Fukuyama who also voice Lelouch Lamperougue in Code Geass and Yuta Togashi in Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Aug 2, 2023 3:29 PM
Sep 2020
Needs more than just an ova
Nov 24, 2023 2:12 PM

Apr 2021
I loved! Tomoya multiverse. I think there could have been more things, but it was cool, having your friend Sunohara. 8/10
Dec 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Aug 2022
Alternate ending was very good, much like the series. A "what if...." type of episode should have Tomoya picked another girl instead of Nagise. It hits the feels pretty hard.
Feb 20, 11:08 AM
Jul 2021
Better than original imo but still let down by the bs melodrama. I don't like nagisa at all should I watch after story? I only like this girl and kyou
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Clannad Visual Novel - Tomoyo After ~ It's a wonderful Life

SHUVO - Jul 16, 2014

3 by os172 »»
Feb 20, 2022 10:26 AM

» is it in a different world

veeny9 - Jul 8, 2021

9 by chiisanatenohira »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:49 PM

» Youhei Sunohara's spinoff with Tomoyo sakagami

mr_lucifer19_ - Feb 18, 2021

1 by RandomGuyScott »»
Feb 18, 2021 5:50 AM

» Dreams Do Come True

Faust721 - Mar 31, 2008

27 by TheNamelessGuy »»
Aug 6, 2020 7:41 AM

» Clannad Tomoyo Edition OVA - Trailer ( 1 2 )

Nozila - Jun 6, 2008

92 by jazmin_s »»
Sep 18, 2008 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.