Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2011 3:12 AM

Apr 2011
A rather typical first episode if anything, but decent enough to watch at least a few more episodes.
hey hey hey hey no
Oct 2, 2011 3:23 AM

Sep 2008
The gags were hilarious, frequently causing me to laugh aloud. The art was pleasant to look at. The fanservice was both explicit and tasteful. Not enough people realize you can have both.

I think I might be developing a huge crush on Fear. She was every kind of adorable. Nice voice too.
Oct 2, 2011 4:17 AM

Jul 2011
The homewrecking won me over. I shall keep watching! :D
Oct 2, 2011 4:47 AM
May 2010
alexcampos said:

• AverageDoormat Male Protagonist.....CHECK
  • His parents are gone...........CHECK
  • Mysterious Girl appears........CHECK
  • Tsundere Loli Heroine..........CHECK
  • Striped panties...................CHECK
  • Childhood Friend................CHECK
  • Loli vs. Tits-chan................CHECK
  • Mysterious "plot"................CHECK

• Fixed that for ya
    (」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
    Oct 2, 2011 5:11 AM

Nov 2009
    Yeah I'll probably continue this one...Fear was cute, really CUTE.

Also refreshing not to hear Rie voicing someone of this category so that alone will make it more unique to me.
    Oct 2, 2011 5:22 AM

Sep 2010
    The subs made me want to punch something.

Other than that the episode was meh decent. lol at the whole "cow titties" thing. xD

Also where Fear was doing the house work made me chuckle a couple times. Knowing me if I saw a spider like that I would probably destroy the house too, but then faint from shock. xD
    "What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
    Oct 2, 2011 6:20 AM

Oct 2008
    Oct 2, 2011 6:33 AM

Jun 2011
    Lol at Fear's "Cleaning".

A pretty good series that was worth almost a year of wait.

Cant wait to see the next episode.

P.S. Is it just me or are the quality of the animes this season really amazing? I mean seriously WOW amazing
    Oct 2, 2011 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
    This is a formula I've seen before, but it's still damn funny. Thumbs up so far...
    Oct 2, 2011 7:04 AM

Jun 2011
    I loved this episode.

Caught me early on and made me laugh for quite some time.

I sense a little romance and some action but I'll follow this alright.
    Oct 2, 2011 7:30 AM

Apr 2010
    great art, moe-overload....(but ecchi and cliche..)

fear's hair color and eyes reminds me of the girl protagonist in kowarekake no orgel..

im looking forward to the next ep.
    Oct 2, 2011 7:41 AM

Jul 2010
    If episode no.2 will be like 1st, obvious drop.
    This was so, so...so nothing? i cant say anything about this anime yet.There are 2 girls and 1 boy, this boy have father who send him 1 of these girls, and she is cursed (?).REALLY SMART STORY.

The only thing i actually really like is beautiful OP with nice music.
    Oct 2, 2011 7:51 AM
    Nov 2009
    Who cares about story? I'd prefer there wouldn't be story at all.
    But art kinda sucks…
    Oct 2, 2011 8:02 AM

Apr 2011
    not bad ! worth watching

Oct 2, 2011 8:06 AM

Aug 2009
    protagonist gets a box -> box turns into a girl -> protagonist: 'Oh, allright, I don't really care about this fact, so your name is?'
    WTF?! I think won't be able to take this series seriously.
    Also hated the 'Oh, it's a loli-bishoujo *Stare for 5 seconds*'-moment -.-

Lol at fear/fiya wrecking the house. Seriously, if I were Haruaki, I'd kill her. Or at least kick her out and demanding compensation money.

Well, still, I enjoyed the comedy.
    I hope there won't concentrate too much on the story with the lady in the end, or else it's gonna be boring crap.

Btw, this show really reminds me of 'Kore wa Zombie desu ka?'
    Oct 2, 2011 8:10 AM

Apr 2011
    I don't like this style of comedy at all, it's cliche and trite and thoroughly tired. Skipped half the episode right off and that's not a good sign, will probably drop this like a bad habit. If nothing actually happens next episode it's going in the trash bin. The only reason I want to watch it at all is Fear's adorableness, and even then she's such a moron that I think she's starting to annoy me more than anything. I really hate these sorts of shows, I wish I'd realized what it was before I started watching.

BTW, ditto about this reminding me of Zombie Desu Ka? And since I dropped that one after about 5 minutes, definitely not a good thing.

2/5, thumbs down.
    Blind_GuardianOct 2, 2011 8:29 AM
    Oct 2, 2011 8:15 AM

May 2010
    This anime is going to be funny,i don't care even if it went a bit fast-paced.9/10
    Oct 2, 2011 8:19 AM

Apr 2010
    First few minutes i thought that i had seen this stuff 10000 times already but it might have some good things.
    It wasn't as bad as i expected it to be but that doesn't mean it was good.
    So let's hope it gets better.
    Oct 2, 2011 8:22 AM

Mar 2011
    The episode itself wasn't good, but I'll see how this goes, though I'd love to take Fear home (;
    Courtesy of Paul
    Oct 2, 2011 8:23 AM

Jan 2011
    Excellent OP, will probably download the single when out, also, this Denpa thing is epic, but hey:
    + Loli
    + Tsundere (weak signal though)
    + Moe
    =
    FTW.
    Hoppy said:

+ non Rie Tsundere (Yukari Tamura is voicing her thank god)

Thumbs up.
    Oct 2, 2011 8:32 AM

Aug 2010
    That was the most epic cleaning service I've seen since Hanasaku Iroha...
    8/10
    I'll keep watching this.
    Oct 2, 2011 8:42 AM

Apr 2008
    It was OK.
    Seems like it`ll be generic and cliche.

Oct 2, 2011 8:46 AM

Jul 2009
    Anyone ever seen Hellraiser?
    The puzzel box reminds me of the end of the second film and the premisis of the third.

This seemed very interesting based on the synthosis that cage away little, which was a plus, I did hope to be pleasantly suprised, but no - it seems like one of those series's I'm sure we have all seen before. :(
    The preview to next week seemed interesting and I hope it is, as this ep did nothing for me - I think i'm a tad too old for this series?

OK ep'; even though it doesn't seem my thing, 3/5.

Oct 2, 2011 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
    So here it is, i was meaning to read this long before anime was announced.
    That's one nice cleaning there, she's so fearless. So, i usually don't like those loli tsunderes like Taiga or Louise since they're fucking annoying, but Fear is actually pretty cool, she's not that much of a tsundere though. I like her voice with this "I'll curse you" too. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
    Konoha is a megane failure for me, she's not worthy of wearing those glasses. Waiting for 3rd girl, which seems like another tsundere

Also Baka test chara design adds to this series.
    レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
    Oct 2, 2011 8:58 AM
    Jan 2011

I'm guessing that she's the childhood friend and we can expect that she'll be put on the sides.
    Oct 2, 2011 9:06 AM
    Sep 2009
    hakati said:
    seemed kinda bland for the most part, i dont like the ring of me saying my favorite part of the episode was when one of the characters started to clean the house

My thoughts exactly~
    Oct 2, 2011 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
    Nasty001 said:

I'm guessing that she's the childhood friend and we can expect that she'll be put on the sides.

Nope another cursed object.

Oct 2, 2011 9:11 AM

Jun 2010
    Artwork reminds me of Dragon Crisis and the ending reminds me of Asu no Yoichi.

Oct 2, 2011 9:49 AM

Jun 2011
    That.....Was pretty stupid.
    Oct 2, 2011 9:51 AM

Sep 2011
    It was cliche but for once a non-Rie tsundere since there's already Shana III this season anyway. But I actually liked it. I can't say much since it's only the first episode but i'll keep watching to see how it goes.
    Oct 2, 2011 10:10 AM

May 2009
    Solid first episode. Fear has a very nice body and her voice... rarely has a tsundere sound so sexy (Rie Kugimiya can't reach that level of awesomeness, even though I like her voice as well). Gonna be interesting to see where things go from here. And hopefully, the absence of White-Out, excessive steam, random streaks of light or super-massive black holes remains that way.
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Oct 2, 2011 10:11 AM

Apr 2008
    The good:
    +The characters were interesting, if a bit cliched.
    +The characters were well animated and fun. The fan-service isn't shoved in your face.
    +The story seems interesting and the comedy isn't half bad.

The bad:
    -The music cues. A certain amount is normal, but this episode overuses them. I don't need few rehashed musical ditties that are repeated in the background ad nauseam to tell me what I'm supposed to be feeling in a given scene. If that's what I wanted I'd play a visual novel.
    -The background animation and light effects are a distraction and are seriously overused. In most shots, it just serves to draw focus away from the characters. If you want to be artsy fartsy with your background animations, do it in setting shots.

Just off this episode I'd give it a 3/5. I'll keep watching and see where it goes.
    SkarphedinOct 2, 2011 11:25 AM
    Oct 2, 2011 10:29 AM

Mar 2010
    Im seriously confused, i felt as though i had missed an episode, they kinda rushed into it a bit fast.
    Oct 2, 2011 10:53 AM

Dec 2010
    Read elsewhere that the light novel has drama with gore parts, so i assume this first episode was a clichè trap as introduction?
    Wait for more. :D
    Oct 2, 2011 11:38 AM

Apr 2011
    Holy crap, that was way worse than I imagined it would be..Dropped!
    Oct 2, 2011 11:56 AM

Mar 2011
    Was boring. I was expecting more.
    Oct 2, 2011 12:50 PM
    Apr 2009
    the best part of this anime is no light censor and Fear is cute and funny
    Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.
    Oct 2, 2011 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
    The destruction of the house was partially fun to watch...
    Oct 2, 2011 1:09 PM

Aug 2011
    the graphics were very pretty O_O
    Oct 2, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
    Boring, I didn't like it.
    sweetdropsOct 2, 2011 1:18 PM
    Oct 2, 2011 2:14 PM
    Dec 2008
    1st anime to gladly drop this season ...... no need for another angry Lolli type ...had enough of them this year....and all of them were shitty except Gosick which was brilliant
    Oct 2, 2011 2:25 PM
    Sep 2011
    I didn't really like it, the humour didn't make me laugh to much and the fanservice felt forced and I don't see the point in it, I will give it another week but it better improve
    Oct 2, 2011 2:30 PM
    Dec 2007
    Seems... not that good. I like Shin Oonuma but it seems that directing crazy stuff outside of SHAFT is pretty difficult for him (lighting and chara design were especially weak I found), plus the concept is kinda Denpa Onna-ish without the high production value so not really that appealing to me. Dropped.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
    Oct 2, 2011 2:42 PM

Jan 2008
    Yumekichi11 said:
    Paul said:
    What I thought of the episode.

That and it was incredibly fast paced. Where did she even get the clothes... let alone the undergarments.
    Yachi must have given her some. Anything else I would have no clue.

and thus we can assume she is wearing no bra.

/imaginationgasm
    Oct 2, 2011 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
    Definitely NOT feelin' this. It's one of those animes where I feel like I've seen it before.

I'll give it the standard 3 episodes to see if anything gets better, if not, it gets el droppo.
    Oct 2, 2011 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
    Nothing special, but still pretty enjoyable. I felt maybe it all went a little too fast with Fear being accepted into his home like it was nothing. Anyway, Fear going all out was pretty funny and the art is great. Let's see where this goes...

Oct 2, 2011 4:06 PM
    Dec 2010
    Fear's dancing at the end and her "I'll curse you" was pretty nice.
    But I didn't like to much the adaptation,
    They didn't explain some important things -3-

mrmuk said:
    protagonist gets a box -> box turns into a girl -> protagonist: 'Oh, allright, I don't really care about this fact, so your name is?'
    WTF?! I think won't be able to take this series seriously.

It's because Haruaki is already used to that kind of stuff since his father sends Cursed Tools to him. But that wasn't explain in the episode.
    Oct 2, 2011 6:50 PM

Jun 2009
    Nope.

First episode and Fiya annoys the hell out of me already. What a cunt. I even enjoyed Denpa Onna because this show gives the same atmosphere. Not watching this and moving on to the next one.
    Oct 2, 2011 7:04 PM

Jun 2010
    LOL the hidan no aria of the fall season, crap already? You bet your ass it's terrible.

1/5 for that generic shana ripoff number bajillion.
    "The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    Oct 2, 2011 7:13 PM

Jan 2010
    Fear of Fear
    Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C³ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 17, 2011

122 by Archean-Return »»
    Apr 1, 12:23 PM

Poll: » C³ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2011

53 by Archean-Return »»
    Apr 1, 10:40 AM

Poll: » C³ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 12, 2011

66 by Archean-Return »»
    Mar 31, 8:56 PM

Poll: » C³ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 29, 2011

93 by Archean-Return »»
    Mar 31, 7:09 PM

Poll: » C³ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2011

90 by Archean-Return »»
    Mar 31, 6:34 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.