Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 22, 2011 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The girl with bandage has it for a reason... and talking about killing Fear without arguments on her own made that woman mad and got killed.

Seems like the class rep. is unusual, too (at least at one point).

Minorin's character testing Fear is scary and funny. She just wanted to realize what she's doing and will affect Haruaki, who wants to help Fear out.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 22, 2011 9:45 AM

Nov 2008
Fear sucking on Yachi's finger to heal it after Fear injured him was cute but it had to interrupted by that bitch wanting a rematch with Fear, oh she'll be getting her rematch next episode but it will be most likely a fatal one and good riddance, I don't like her and man she is a double crosser, getting that axe and killing Mummy Maker. Oh did I mention if Fear doesn't kill her or Yachi for the matter that axe's curse will.

Mummy Maker attacking Yachi was creepy, loved Konoha's moves and fighting style against her.

5th mechanism of torture revealed a sword

Oh Fear, you have a crumb on your face lol

tsubasalover said:

Minorin's character testing Fear is scary and funny. She just wanted to realize what she's doing and will affect Haruaki, who wants to help Fear out.

Pretty much this but it ended up being comedic as well and switching often between the point and comedy.

Oct 22, 2011 10:17 AM

Jul 2011
Last three episodes were fairly unique, they all differed from each other. The first one was just an ecchi fan service fest while the second one was more plotless violence. The third one was basically just melodrama with extreme mood changes. I guess I'll criticize this harshly as I watch for my amusement.

Well that was a interesting watch, it appears that the majority of the characters are bipolar to an extent. Also appears that melodrama and cliches are a recurring theme... but that does result in the portrayal of a non retarded male lead. Holding this episode relative to the other ones, I guess it would be decent. They really didn't have to kill off the only likable character though. The weapon designs are also pretty cool.

3.5/5 Decent: Best episode so far, but that's still not saying much. At least the show manages to troll your expectations and predictions with their extreme sporadic shifts.

mdzOct 23, 2011 8:55 AM
Oct 22, 2011 10:26 AM

Oct 2010
This episode marks the series as fucking sick shit and gore. Not to mention sick fan service only deemed of the fucked up ones in the head. Think of sick bastards. There is only one thing that screwed my mind in the following,

Along with the content in the following spoiler
for God’s sake Amanda was crying as she was bleeding to death and looking at Peavy the one she trusted and showed herself naked to in order to show Peavy the disgust her body is. Oh WTF Peavy? Thanks to a user below fro explaining she needed blood to activate it but I did not know the exact stuff well now I know. Peavy is a shit ass bitch for doing this to Mummy maker. It really hurt emotionally to see her like that. Not to mention disgusting fan service of her. Who the fuck wants to see a burned person’s body naked? Moreover Peavy? Yeah a hot woman with a severed arm. Spare me the thoughts but I had my share of that shit in the hentai and this the wrong fan service for me. I mean Mummy Maker here was so innocent looking. That blood splash is sick shit along with Mummy maker in her own blood pool. Oh WTF is this series. MOE + GORE? Oh dear bad choice IMO. I kind of knew that the ax here was absorbing blood as a requirement to power up and be usable.

In fact the ax itself is crazy as follows,

It’s big! It’s got a long range with its handle and its overpower. I bet you Muramasa can destroy it but the cost is high to use its blade. While I did find out its core must be the kind that keeps its life force from the sacrifice to kill. The fight itself was good. I mean we have a nice start in the spoiler
while it was fun to see Fear rage here due to Muramasa’s warning of not fighting and Peavy’s raging face was totally great! Loved EF style eye scroll with Fear in the background here. While Fear’s blush was nice indeed. Beautiful hit exchange in the spoiler
that was nice! Not to mention Peavy’s face here again. Loved that little flashback of Muramasa’s face here.

In regards to the fan service in point format
  • OK Mummy Maker’s fan service in the spoiler
    is something I did not want! That was gross! WTF do you want me to get anything of sexual from a burnt body? OMG please! Good thing no more of that will be shown. I seriously could not enjoy any of that shit. I would never touch Mummy Makers body for anything at all. The burned skin is too much shit to enjoy fan service.

• While Peavy’s fan service in the spoiler
    was also bad for me. She has good breast and fair skin but a constant spoon feeding of seeing her in underwear but most of all with a severed arm that has blood on a bandage around it is a automatic NO for me. I had my shit share of stuff on the net from hentai mangas. Yeah you can get some with crazy ass gore and if you get off from it, well I find that weird honestly. Anyway bad memories coming back, I do not want that kind of fan service from both Peavy and Mummy Maker. The bodies are terrible in their conditions.

• Muramasa’s fan service in the spoiler
    was nice. The bouncing and details of what can be seen of her breasts with the cleavage was good show in this episode.

• While Kirika’s fan service in the spoiler
    was quite fast and not much, it does tell her breast size and a good revealing of them. So I can say they may be on par with Muramasa’s size.

• While Fear showed off the panties with bra in the spoiler
    this time green. Wonder why.
In thee end you know Fear shall do something in the spoiler
obvious signs there.

BTW Image Stitches done in the spoiler
Lots of crazy stuff of Peavy with her new weapon and Fear.

End art in the spoiler
it’s nice!

GIFs of this episode I put here:
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=271985
ecchi and gore to make it short
Yumekichi11Oct 26, 2011 8:56 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 22, 2011 11:42 AM

Jul 2010

Oh yeah, Fear is really going to do a number next episode.
Oct 22, 2011 4:46 PM
Jun 2008
Mummy maker died =(

hehe, Next episode more Fear's action
Oct 22, 2011 11:32 PM

Oct 2011
In novel,
Mummy maker was mistaken Peavey's kindness for motherly love and tried to finish battle by herself so Peavey won't have to die.
There was task list on back side of mummy maker's note.
one of them was returning of injured knight and asking for backup.
which angered peavey and she used mummy maker's blood to activate the Dance Time.

The Dance Time axe is activated with the blood.
once it is activated, it will automatically attack and kill the enemy even if user dies. that is its curse. it won't kill the user directly.

mummy maker's past wasn't revealed in anime.
her parents wanted insurance money and locked her in the cabinet and set the house on fire.
when Amanda survived and hospitialized(burned up and lost an eye), her mother strangled her and said "why won't you die! I can't get the insurance money."
at least, they showed Peavey's past a little bit.

minor spoiler for next episode.
Oct 23, 2011 2:21 AM

Oct 2010
Got to admit though Peavy’s past is freaking crazy! According to the spoiler
someone was whipping her till she bleeds. That bastard needs to be shot down now! In fact I don’t approve of masters and female slaves at all if there are wounds up to the point of bleeding.

Few other points
  • Lovely Fear attack in the spoiler
    not did it only pass between the legs of Muramasa but it also strike downed Mummy Maker and made some bleeding. While it did break a window and made Fear hysterical like she was. For sometime I was wondering if shit would happen but she calmed down.

• That was some pretty crazy situation between Fear and Haruaki in the spoiler
    that sword is sure a weird device for torture. Normally swords were never made to torture. They had to be specially made for torture if needed to be else it’s really considered a torture item. It needs some features of torture items. However can beat finger licking whom is in the spoiler with the stitches. Just putting it here for easy access.

• The following spoiler
    is most likely the best MOE moment for Fear. Cannot resist that part but sadly it’s the only I find good in this episode.
Noname00 said:
In novel,
Mummy maker was mistaken Peavey's kindness for motherly love and tried to finish battle by herself so Peavey won't have to die.
So that's how it was. Well a noble thing indeed as a return for showing some nurture that according to her past, she never got.
Noname00 said:
which angered Peavey and she used mummy maker's blood to activate the Dance Time.
Yeah Peavey has too much pride in that she will die in a fight. I don't thin the knights want that in their order. Peavey should accept the backup anytime IMO. That might have saved her that arm she lost.
Noname00 said:
The Dance Time ax is activated with the blood.
once it is activated, it will automatically attack and kill the enemy even if user dies. that is its curse. it won't kill the user directly.
I find that crazy but I assume then it's a berserk ax.
Noname00 said:
That sucks really. Why would they not reveal it. Oh wait, maybe next episode while Peavey talks?
Noname00 said:
her parents wanted insurance money and locked her in the cabinet and set the house on fire.
They can go fuck themselves up Satan's ass. Money is the devil's invention after all. Did it make anything good? No not really.
Noname00 said:
when Amanda survived and hospitalized(burned up and lost an eye), her mother strangled her and said "why won't you die! I can't get the insurance money."
Shitty mother. I wonder why not she commit suicide with her husband and just leave Mummy Maker alone? She can't get money? Well better do something else to get money.
Noname00 said:
Who is that? Specs? Weapons? Personality? Character? I want to know all and I think you know more than you reveal.
Yumekichi11Oct 23, 2011 2:51 AM

Oct 23, 2011 6:44 AM

Jul 2009
I think the gore was nice. It adds the sense of "this shit happens in normal anime too" to watchers. So many people ignore the fact that what you see in an anime isn't the only thing happening in that anime world. :)

The class rep bothers me. She has the air of an enemy about her. While she was there eating, she didn't look like an outsider to their world of curses. Even people who accept the fact that there are "cursed items" because they've seen them have many questions. She had none. The foreshadowing later makes me grin with suspense to see what she will do.

Amanda is so cute. I want her!

Side note:
Fear and Konoha's places bug me. Fear, a tool for torture, was used to kill around 10,000 people. Still, it's a torture device, so it doesn't move around much. Meanwhile, Muramasa is a sword that would reach the battlefields and be used in towns by murderers. This means Konoha would normally have far more kills under her belt... and Fear is the one with mental problems?
Oct 23, 2011 6:57 AM

Dec 2010
Noname00 said:
In novel,
which angered peavey and she used mummy maker's blood to activate the Dance Time.

The Dance Time axe is activated with the blood.

when Amanda survived and hospitialized(burned up and lost an eye), her mother strangled her and said "why won't you die! I can't get the insurance money."

Is sad they don't cover this part for non-novel readers, this anime with more drama and cruent scenes would be much better (like Elfen lied). Maybe they will cover in the next episodes since i guess Mummy Maker is still alive after all. :)
Oct 23, 2011 7:05 AM

Oct 2010
Fnights said:
Is sad they don't cover this part for non-novel readers, this anime with more drama and cruel scenes would be much better (like Elfen lied). Maybe they will cover in the next episodes since i guess Mummy Maker is still alive after all. :)
Maybe if they destroy the weapon and free the core than yeah but I am not sure Mummy Maker is still alive. Not sure at all.

Oct 23, 2011 7:44 AM

Feb 2008
so, where the fuck did that axe come from? obviously it wasn't there before...

then when the bitch woke up, it's already there...

also, class rep seems too suspicious...

--------

this anime, i dunno if it's just me, but the pacing just seem so fucked up...

one second they're happy, then they're suddenly fighting...

i really don't get it...
i really
Oct 23, 2011 7:45 AM

Aug 2010
So much fighting *_*
Is Fear a tsundere or a yangire?
I can't tell anymore -.-
Nice episode.
Oct 23, 2011 8:19 AM

Jul 2008
agent535 said:

then when the bitch woke up, it's already there...

The axe was Mummy maker way of helping Peavey. She tried to deal with the situation because she knew that Peavey could not retrieve Fear with her own power and would have died in the process.

agent535 said:

also, class rep seems too suspicious...

Obviously, she's one of the three main girl featuring in the op so you would have to be pretty much naive to beleive that she is simply a normal girl.

agent535 said:

this anime, i dunno if it's just me, but the pacing just seem so fucked up...

one second they're happy, then they're suddenly fighting...

i really don't get it...
i really

That's because when Fear use her power she start to slowly lose herself to her old self. Konoha wanted to make sure of this and when she actually confirmed it for herself she did not want Fear to fight on their side.
The pacing is alright but I agree that there could have been a better transitive scene between the scene where they get attacked in the night and the scene where Konoha seek confirmation on Fear's mindset.
Oct 23, 2011 9:32 AM

Apr 2011
This show is awesome!
Oct 23, 2011 9:36 AM

Nov 2008
AnimeFanWhoDied said:
So much fighting *_*
I can't tell anymore -.-
Nice episode.

Fear is both tsundere and yangire similar to Minami from Baka Test but far worse in the Yangire category, Minami breaks bones, Fear flat out kills.

Oct 23, 2011 10:02 AM

Feb 2008
i don't think mummy is dead. i guess we will find out next week.
Oct 23, 2011 10:09 AM

Nov 2009
Amoral characters. It's always interesting to watch show with such characters on it. Though the main guy is still your naive defender of justice. Aw well I guess we need some body to control Fear since she can just go on a rampage and kill every one she passes.
Oct 23, 2011 10:27 AM

Sep 2011
Adam_R said:
This show is awesome!

This. That is all.
Oct 23, 2011 10:52 AM

Jun 2011
Can i just say this? I LOVE THIS FREAKING AWESOME ANIME!!
Oct 23, 2011 11:07 AM
Jun 2008
agent535 said:
watch ep2- 10:10

the guy(kinda obvious) who set this trap will place the needed tool in front of her while she sleep ^^
Oct 23, 2011 11:35 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was all over the place. It had very violent mood swings from everyday life to huge battle, and then back to everyday life and again a huge battle.

Oh well, not too bad for the moment, I guess.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 23, 2011 11:56 AM
Sep 2009
guyklc said:
This episode was all over the place. It had very violent mood swings from everyday life to huge battle, and then back to everyday life and again a huge battle.

^This, and the fact that during the last fight of the episode, the show suddenly cuts to the class rep being all slice-of-life in the city right in-between for no reason whatsoever. Couldn't that have been saved for later or at a better time? This show's pacing is so choppy and fast that, apparently, it can't even keep its scenes coherent.

Not to mention, the show can't even hold its breath for two seconds to grant the viewer a single, lingering moment to even think about what had just happened; for example, it introduces "Mummy Maker" as a seemingly enigmatic, key character, but then kills her off--all within the span of two separate scenes (one in the beginning, the other during the middle of the last fight) for an accumulative run-time of about three minutes maximum. If she doesn't make some sort of re-appearance later, I'm going to be forced to insist that "Mummy Maker" was just there for plot convenience~
BL2WOct 24, 2011 1:31 PM
Oct 23, 2011 12:17 PM
Oct 23, 2011 1:10 PM

Sep 2008
When what you want to do is what you have to do, you can hear the voice of the world.
This anime has finally got me interested.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2011 1:14 PM

Sep 2010
Awesome episode....... This anime brings new meaning to MOE......

But just why did they kill mummy-san...... *sad*.... (she had the greatest voice)
Oct 23, 2011 1:17 PM

Jun 2010
I hope Amanda is still alive. Such a waste if her character dies.

Oct 23, 2011 1:36 PM

Apr 2011
This anime is more anticipating for me then the next episode of Bleach or Shakugan no Shana. It grabbed my attention just by being awesome.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 23, 2011 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
The only thing keeping me from dropping this are the fights.
Oct 23, 2011 2:05 PM
Sep 2009
Merciless said:
The only thing keeping me from dropping this are the fights.

A sound point, indeed. For the most part, the fights can be pretty good at times~
Oct 23, 2011 2:10 PM

Apr 2011
Awesome episode, I'm enjoying this series a lot! Wish the next episode would hurry up and come along. The bitch with the giant axe needs to die for killing poor Mummy Maker like that!
Oct 23, 2011 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
Well this episode was actually pretty damn confusing at times. The pacing is pretty quick and I don't even understand why they're fighting half of the time. The fights are still great though and I think I'll understand it more after a couple of episodes.

At first I thought Konoha was serious when she confronted Fear. That was a pretty risky gamble, but she did prove her point about Fear being to dangerous when she turns aggressive. Poor Amanda died already too. She was pretty cute but that bitch (to use her own words) just killed her in a flash.

Class president Kirika seems to have some secrets as well. I wonder what she's hiding and I think she knows all about Fear and the Waas's after all. It seems Fear just can't help herself to not get involved after all. She'll be going on a spree next episode!

Oct 23, 2011 4:05 PM

Nov 2008
It's good to see battles, and next episode Fear enters the battle.
Oct 23, 2011 4:24 PM
Nov 2010
MorningGlory said:
Mummy maker died =(

She will be missed

Hoppy said:
AnimeFanWhoDied said:
So much fighting *_*
I can't tell anymore -.-
Nice episode.

Fear is both tsundere and yangire.

And that's why I like her so much
We should dubbed her a tsungire( tsundere + yangire)
Oct 23, 2011 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
This show has begun to exceed the very low expectations I had for it. Let's hope it keeps doing so.
Oct 23, 2011 6:31 PM

May 2010
The pacing is all over the place, and the character development is ridiculously rushed. Just something about this show is awfully reminiscent of that certain zombie show with the desk and the car.
Oct 23, 2011 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
I miss Amanda already. Hope she really didn't died or something.
Oct 23, 2011 10:05 PM

Jul 2010
Yet again, another rollercoaster ride...

I'm beginning to think that the director made had hard time trying to squish some stories into episodes??

Oct 23, 2011 10:21 PM

Jan 2011
Quite a shift from the first episode (which in retrospect was a mistake by producers--it left the impression of a much more stereotypical ecchi harem series which probably meant low ratings and many people dropping it) as this becomes progressively deeper and darker with each week. When the ED came on my reaction was: "What? Is this already over? It can't have been 20 minutes already!"

Backstory of mummy maker (as revealed in spoilers from novel) is quite sad, as apparantly Peavey's is as well. Human inflicted cruelty seems to be the determinant not only for the Waas in the show, but also for the members of the organization trying to destroy them. Only Yaachi and (perhaps) the class rep seem relatively normal (although revelations in the next episode will probably expose the class rep as something more than an ordinary human).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 23, 2011 10:40 PM

Aug 2011
Fear beast mode!
Oct 23, 2011 10:55 PM
Sep 2008
real inconsistent
Oct 24, 2011 1:47 AM

Feb 2009
I can't for the life of me believe that the one voicing the enemy here is the same one voicing my lovely Irisviel in Fate/Zero. щ(゚Д゚щ)

And this show is still pretty colorful for something with a dark story.
Oct 24, 2011 2:23 AM

Feb 2011
Best episode yet: it has surpassed my (admittedly low) expectation.
Oct 24, 2011 2:54 AM

Jul 2009
belatkuro said:
I can't for the life of me believe that the one voicing the enemy here is the same one voicing my lovely Irisviel in Fate/Zero. щ(゚Д゚щ)

And this show is still pretty colorful for something with a dark story.

Friggin, 180 degrees in personality. Ugh.
How bitchin'.
Oct 24, 2011 2:59 AM

Aug 2011
shit, this anime is off the charts!!!
damn, Peavy, killing mummy maker :C
even though she did, i still think she is the best of the crop!!! XD
Oct 24, 2011 3:14 AM

May 2010
Noname00 said:
In novel,

Oh,so thats why mummy maker was saying okaa-san(mother) when peavey killed her..I liked her though.
Oct 24, 2011 3:38 AM
Jun 2011
Onyxthegreat said:
Well this episode was actually pretty damn confusing at times. The pacing is pretty quick and I don't even understand why they're fighting half of the time. The fights are still great though and I think I'll understand it more after a couple of episodes.

At first I thought Konoha was serious when she confronted Fear. That was a pretty risky gamble, but she did prove her point about Fear being to dangerous when she turns aggressive. Poor Amanda died already too. She was pretty cute but that bitch (to use her own words) just killed her in a flash.

Class president Kirika seems to have some secrets as well. I wonder what she's hiding and I think she knows all about Fear and the Waas's after all. It seems Fear just can't help herself to not get involved after all. She'll be going on a spree next episode!
the reason they fight is becouze she want to kill fear
Oct 24, 2011 9:58 AM

Jul 2009
Fees like there is too much going on and too little time to tell it^^

But Loli fanservice, mad laughter and gore.. Very entertaining!
Oct 24, 2011 12:46 PM
Jan 2011

Oh, oh, oh she going on berserk mode again.
Oct 24, 2011 2:01 PM

Sep 2010
I didn't expect anything but a character dying already in the 4th episode, pretty heavy if you ask me, I didn't expect something like this, but this is also interesting.
Opinion of the show until now: This show also has pretty good BGM's, and I really like the atmosphere. The ending is better than the opening. It really has to be a two-season anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C³ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 17, 2011

122 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 1, 12:23 PM

Poll: » C³ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2011

53 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 1, 10:40 AM

Poll: » C³ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 12, 2011

66 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 31, 8:56 PM

Poll: » C³ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 29, 2011

93 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 31, 7:09 PM

Poll: » C³ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

115 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 31, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.