3It was OK
3.9%
2Disliked it
0.2%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.8
458 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2011 9:54 AM

Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We get a little bit of Daikichi as a kid.

Yep. Daikichi and Kouki were very similar.

Glorious Daikichi X Yukari this episode.
Sep 8, 2011 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
Another great episode. Alright, Daikichi making some fellow father friends.

Rin is still cute even when she's sick. Good stuff on Kouki and Kouki's mom's part for helping out.

Looks like now we know how they're going to end the series. I just love Yukari and getting to watch Daikichi take care of her now is going to be awesome.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Sep 8, 2011 10:23 AM

Oct 2010
Lovely episode once again. Calling the following,

best face of Rin! It is totally gorgeous. MOE over 9000? I think so.

Oh Kouki, why are you being trouble for your mother in the spoiler?
The mistake of kids thinking that are though till they get hurt or sick. Well I had a laugh while at the same time pity towards the mother considering it causes her more stress.

Perhaps a intimate interpersonal relationship with Daikichi may help a lot there but I doubt any of it will happen. What was interesting is Yukari’s mention of liking babies.

To me, the most important of Yukari x Daikichi part was the following,

Simply because Yukari gave a invisible slap to Daikichi to just wake the heck up. He was being in a panic mode with confusion.

In thee end it strikes me of the warmest to see such a nice Rin with Daikichi pose and that there may be a possible Yukari x Daikichi modded end of this anime where they are all a happy family because at the end it is mentioned that Yukari has a cold in the spoiler
so I presume Daikichi will help her get better so
Think of it! If they do it like that it will totally cancel that out. It could happen that when Daikichi tends to Yukari something more may come out of it. However we may get all trolled and they could release a OVA or episode 12 BD/DVD only. Just found out they did with this anime:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8426/Hourou_Musuko
To keep short that’s all I will say.
Yumekichi11Sep 13, 2011 9:51 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 8, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2011
Daikichi X Yukari fuck yes.
Another great episode.
Yukari seems like she really cares for Rin and Daikichi.
Seems like there will be no timeskip.
Daikichi is the fucking father of the year.
This show is getting really close to being a 10.
IllegalCyrusSep 8, 2011 10:57 AM
Sep 8, 2011 11:17 AM

Jan 2008
I died from the adorable in this episode. I'm so in love with this series, it's the highlight of this season for me. Just always makes me feel good after watching it.

Daikichi/Rin hug at the end! Omg...so cute. ;_;
Sep 8, 2011 11:33 AM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

YESSSSSS! I was like / squeal / when i saw that!!
poor little rin. that hug was too precious at the end!!
Sep 8, 2011 11:35 AM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

SHE SO KAWAII UGUU~
Sep 8, 2011 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
Rin got the flu, finally an illness explained perfectly in anime.

Yumekichi11 said:

Perhaps sex with Daikichi may help a lot there but I doubt any of it will happen. What was interesting is Yukari’s mention of liking babies.

I really hope Yukari's statement was innocent, especially since you are giving this a good mention, I don't want to find out Yukari is a sinister toddlercon or worse.

Sep 8, 2011 11:54 AM

Dec 2010
Hoppy said:
Rin got the flu, finally an illness explained perfectly in anime.

Yumekichi11 said:

Perhaps sex with Daikichi may help a lot there but I doubt any of it will happen. What was interesting is Yukari’s mention of liking babies.

I really hope Yukari's statement was innocent, especially since you are giving this a good mention, I don't want to find out Yukari is a sinister toddlercon or worse.
She's a gold digger dawg.
Sep 8, 2011 12:14 PM

Feb 2008
would be hilarious if true
Sep 8, 2011 12:14 PM

Nov 2008
rreggiebryant1 said:
would be hilarious if true

Too bad there aren't enough episodes to get the truth, 1 more to go. Please no timeskip, it will reduce sales and there will be no season 2, keep it away until S2.

Sep 8, 2011 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
lol just marry her and have one big happy family already.
Sep 8, 2011 12:28 PM

Sep 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

Why is it that every anime you need to bring up something dealing with sex? Are you that desperate and sex starved that you need to push your sexual frustrations onto everything you watch?
Sep 8, 2011 12:36 PM

Feb 2010
Such a GREAT episode... this show is always so quality.

I loved when all the dad's exchanged #'s and Dai-kun was like ..."I made father-friends!!"

haha. <3
Sep 8, 2011 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Why is it that every anime you need to bring up something dealing with sex? Are you that desperate and sex starved that you need to push your sexual frustrations onto everything you watch?
Boo you made me use my brain for something more sophisticated. It has nothing to deal with me at all. I just think that sex is the term needed to make babies and used like that but since it bothers you, I changed it. Hope you are happier.

Sep 8, 2011 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, hopefully the conclusion is a nice one.
Sep 8, 2011 12:57 PM

May 2010
Colds appear to be a serious threat in Japan.
Sep 8, 2011 1:05 PM

May 2011
HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Sep 8, 2011 1:05 PM

Sep 2010
Aww this episode was so sweet. Oh no Kouki's mother caught Rin's illness Daikichi to the rescue. I can't believe the next episode is going to be the last I really liked this anime. Well I guess its off to start the manga next week.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 8, 2011 1:37 PM

Sep 2008
I thought that Daikichi would quit his job after Rin got sick and it would start snowing and Rin would want to go on a trip and... and... and *sniffles*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2011 1:44 PM

Nov 2008
Averim said:

That was the flu not some common cold.

Sep 8, 2011 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! THAT HUG B4 THE CREDITS STARTED WAS SOO CUTE!!!

That piano version of this animes OP was so beautiful!~

And IDK WHO I WANT TO GET MARRIED!!!

KOUKI AND RIN OR DAIKICHI AND KOUKI'S MOM!!
Sep 8, 2011 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
Hoppy said:
Averim said:

That was the flu not some common cold.
Didn't the doctor say Rin didn't have the flu?

In any case, they do seem to take colds/illness/whatever a bit more seriously over there. I mean, I've had the chicken pox, colds, the flu, etc., but I never went to a doctor for any of it and I managed to survive. Just to be clear I'm not bashing their caution or anything, I'm only curious about it and I figured now would be a good time to bring it up.

I can't believe we've only got one episode left. It went by so fast! I don't want it to be over already, so I really hope we get a second season. I hope the fall season can deliver something equally wonderful!
Sep 8, 2011 2:25 PM

Aug 2010
She had stomach or gastric flu, whatever you want to call it. We all know colds are lethal in anime though.

Anyway, let's hope this ends differently than the manga.
Sep 8, 2011 2:41 PM

May 2011
i loved the ep...but wholy hell did he over react to her being sick...the flue is common..he was acting like she had like the plegue or something lol....
and his mothe "call an ambulence right away" lol over reaction muchhh
Sep 8, 2011 2:52 PM
May 2011
Bitch tears were shed
Sep 8, 2011 2:58 PM
May 2011
RinKaga780 said:
i loved the ep...but wholy hell did he over react to her being sick...the flue is common..he was acting like she had like the plegue or something lol....
and his mothe "call an ambulence right away" lol over reaction muchhh
apparently the cold is lethal in anime/manga for Japanese
Sep 8, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2008
I totally melted when Daikichi hugged Rin in the end.
Sep 8, 2011 3:27 PM

Jan 2011
Perhaps their overly cautious approach to colds and stomach flu is part of the explanation for very high longetivity rates in Japan. Of course it helps that it is a single-payer public system:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_system_in_Japan

but that also tends to encourage people to use it.

With one episode left, I'm pretty sure that we are not going to get to the time skip so we can enjoy the sweetness a little longer. As every parent knows, things change when that adorable little six-year-old reaches adolescence--it can still be a good time but it requires nerves of steel on the part of the parent! And even those of you who haven't been parents yet should cast your mind back to grade 8 to remember just how bad it can be...
rodacSep 8, 2011 3:33 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 8, 2011 3:41 PM

Oct 2009
Nice episode.
So sad that it is going to end soon T^T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2011 4:09 PM

Sep 2010
Milf. That's always my comment whenever Yukari's around.
Sep 8, 2011 4:11 PM
May 2011
At this time I hope there is no timeskip I agree with whoever said it above, it would ruin the chances of a S2, but I really want a Daikichi x Yukari. But the relationships would turn out extremely weird if they got married...even though I know what happens to them in the manga.
ban1o.jpg
Sep 8, 2011 4:14 PM

Jan 2011
Roloko said:
Aww this episode was so sweet. Oh no Kouki's mother caught Rin's illness Daikichi to the rescue. I can't believe the next episode is going to be the last I really liked this anime. Well I guess its off to start the manga next week.

I also don't want to believe that, Usagi Drop was one of the best anime of this season, always lovely and sweet. Rin makes me want to be a father.
After the ending, when Kouki says that his mother is sick in bed, I almost had a heart attack, I wonder how will be the last episode.
Sep 8, 2011 5:40 PM

Feb 2008
Usagi Drop sure is a great anime, like it.

Another heart warming episode till the end!?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 8, 2011 6:03 PM

Jun 2011
Rin getting sick like that melted my heart. Glad she got better.
Asdghjkl, only one episode left, wonder how it'll leave off?
Sep 8, 2011 6:11 PM

Apr 2010
Sanguis said:
Rin getting sick like that melted my heart. Glad she got better.
Asdghjkl, only one episode left, wonder how it'll leave off?

Better leave off with the premise of a second season.

Sep 8, 2011 6:14 PM
Mar 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
I thought that Daikichi would quit his job after Rin got sick and it would start snowing and Rin would want to go on a trip and... and... and *sniffles*

hahaha nice reference, and then epi 11 will get it all undone.

but yeah, this series is so effin cute, a 10 for me already
"....i am the villain in this story"
Sep 8, 2011 6:17 PM

May 2010
Next week last....wait what?!
Just noticed lol^^
Sep 8, 2011 7:03 PM

Jul 2010
Can't believe there's only one more episode left. :..(
Sep 8, 2011 7:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ok, so this is the point where some of the manga readers will want anime-original ending since they were not pleased with the canonical ending in the manga.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 8, 2011 7:29 PM

Nov 2007
oh my god, i totally did the whole superstition thing about throwing your tooth onto a roof when i was younger, but it didn't even work. i'm wearing braces rn LMAO gj superstition. B( /blameblameblame.
Sep 8, 2011 8:20 PM

Jul 2011
Very nice episode as usual. Hope Daikichi and Yukari get together soon and ready/not ready for the last episode....I dont want it to end yet!!!!!! >.<
Sep 8, 2011 8:26 PM

Jul 2010
Next episode to be grand finale. i want Daikichi to take care of Yukari forever. Get married and live together happily with 3 kids. a good happy ending for a lighthearted series.
Sep 8, 2011 9:14 PM

Oct 2010
Han-yuu said:
Next episode to be grand finale. i want Daikichi to take care of Yukari forever. Get married and live together happily with 3 kids. a good happy ending for a lighthearted series.
Same thoughts on that one. Totally want that precisely to change it from the manga's point of view for the end.

Sep 8, 2011 10:41 PM
Jun 2011
AWWWW YEAH Daikichi X Yukari

Daikichi needs to hurry up and tap dat ass.
Sep 8, 2011 10:44 PM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Han-yuu said:
Same thoughts on that one. Totally want that precisely to change it from the manga's point of view for the end.

Is this one of those times that people want the ending to be different from the manga?
Sep 8, 2011 10:49 PM

Dec 2010
IllegalCyrus said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Han-yuu said:

Is this one of those times that people want the ending to be different from the manga?
Yes. 100 times yes.
Sep 8, 2011 11:08 PM

Jun 2008
Now I'm scared to read the manga...

Anyway, cuteness overload as always. I don't know how many times this anime made me go "awwww". The hug in the end... ;_;
Sep 8, 2011 11:41 PM

Nov 2007
Daikichi made friends!

Rin became shoujo manga face at a point.
tsubasaloverSep 8, 2011 11:46 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 9, 2011 1:27 AM

Sep 2010
So now there's one episode left... :|
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

37 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.