Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2011 1:24 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Volume 7
Survival
[Pg.96-115]

Is Casca starting to develop feelings for Gatts now? I mean, it's not totally unbelievable but still....(I think the shoujo in me is starting to show xD)

Sep 27, 2011 5:47 AM

Mar 2009
Another army..
Dec 21, 2012 2:24 AM

Oct 2012
Guts...the 100 men killer..Awesome as fu**..And Caska now loves Guts (a little)...
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Mar 9, 2013 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
More pointless fights :( every chapter feels like the other, even the kills aren't creative.
End Zionazism
Mar 10, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
Mikasa said:
More pointless fights :( every chapter feels like the other, even the kills aren't creative.

It's amazing how you manage to overlook all the character development we got so far.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 19, 2013 11:48 AM

Mar 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:

It's amazing how you manage to overlook all the character development we got so far.

Some classic shonen "why am I not good enough" or "did I just get cool points and get accepted" developments. Eh.
End Zionazism
Mar 19, 2013 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
Mikasa said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:

Some classic shonen "why am I not good enough" or "did I just get cool points and get accepted" developments. Eh.

So self-doubts are automatically classic Shounen tropes that are lame by default and execution doesn't matter? Well, then Berserk is just as good as any of your other series as you have only read the most popular Shounen who use the exact same tropes.

Please be more specific and at least try to express what makes it so "pointless" to you.
NidhoeggrMar 20, 2013 4:33 AM
Mar 21, 2013 11:24 PM

Mar 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:

So self-doubts are automatically classic Shounen tropes that are lame by default and execution doesn't matter? Well, then Berserk is just as good as any of your other series as you have only read the most popular Shounen who use the exact same tropes.

Please be more specific and at least try to express what makes it so "pointless" to you.

Of course not, it's just how it is in Berserk specifically. There's no good developments. Just self-doubt that you'd see all the time with nothing i-depth to make it different. (actually I think it's more generic than a shonen too). Every single chapter is mostly people being Kratos'd and every now and then you get some whining, not development.
End Zionazism
Mar 22, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2009
Mikasa said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:

Of course not, it's just how it is in Berserk specifically. There's no good developments. Just self-doubt that you'd see all the time with nothing i-depth to make it different. (actually I think it's more generic than a shonen too). Every single chapter is mostly people being Kratos'd and every now and then you get some whining, not development.

And again you do not get specific. What makes the special case of Guts so subpar? Explain to me the situation of Guts and how he reacts and after that show me how the reaction is subpar when being compared to Naruto or another typical Shounen MC.
There are fodder characters in a lot of manga and they all get killed off rather easily. And there are emotions that get invoiked in characters in pretty much every manga as well. You didn't prove a single thing by stating those two facts.

But then again, all of your posts so far can be intepreted as a giant Dunning-Kruger effect in regards to the realization of good plot/character development as you apparently lack the comprehension to get what Vagabond, Berserk, Toriko and OP are about. Enjoy being a delusional, grimdark and edgy teenager. Until you can actually explain your "reasoning" (which will most likelyx not happen in the near future) I rest my case.
Mar 22, 2013 1:02 PM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Enjoy being a delusional, grimdark and edgy teenager.

Haha nice burn, that sentence describes him perfectly after reading his comments.
Mar 22, 2013 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Mikasa said:

And again you do not get specific. What makes the special case of Guts so subpar? Explain to me the situation of Guts and how he reacts and after that show me how the reaction is subpar when being compared to Naruto or another typical Shounen MC.
There are fodder characters in a lot of manga and they all get killed off rather easily. And there are emotions that get invoiked in characters in pretty much every manga as well. You didn't prove a single thing by stating those two facts.

But then again, all of your posts so far can be intepreted as a giant Dunning-Kruger effect in regards to the realization of good plot/character development as you apparently lack the comprehension to get what Vagabond, Berserk, Toriko and OP are about. Enjoy being a delusional, grimdark and edgy teenager. Until you can actually explain your "reasoning" (which will most likelyx not happen in the near future) I rest my case.

You're not being specific either. Me, I can't be specific about how something doesn't exist. It doesn't, that's it.
I'm not comparing Guts to Naruto, haha even Naruto is, or used to be, a better character. I'm comparing him to stuff like Natsu or Toriko, from what i've seen so far.

"grimdark" lol you're the one who likes berserk...
I'm not that much into vagabond and so far it's just some dude slashing people while his wuss friend is f***king some girl instead of helping and the wuss' mom betrays the dude and the artist puts too much effort into drawing leaves.

Toriko? Hahaha.
OP, I get what it's about, it's an OK series with average writing. From what i've seen of Berserk, I'd say OP is better actually.

Enjoy being the delusional philosopher who....ahh too tired to come up with kiddy comebacks.
But I think you liking mediocre stories is a trait I should get used to by now...
Action is your thing and I accept it.
End Zionazism
Apr 26, 2013 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
You know, I'm just going to ignore the discussion in this thread. It's pointless and the idea that Berserk is nothing more than fighting is so ridiculous I don't even know how I could possibly take it seriously.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 2, 2014 7:28 AM

Apr 2013
Guts is one tough f*cker!!!
Jul 17, 2015 3:25 AM
Nov 2014
Always-Hungry said:
Guts is one tough f*cker!!!
True that.
Aug 15, 2015 2:48 AM

Oct 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Enjoy being a delusional, grimdark and edgy teenager.

Kind of ironic considering the series this discussion thread is for...

Guts is truly a badass.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 6, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2010
I think my favorite part is when Guts must force himself to not think, but to just fucking fight to stay alive.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 23, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2016
This mini arc comes to a conclusion now, probably it will focus now solely on griffith.
Sep 11, 2016 4:05 PM

May 2016
Judeau is such a cool guy, saying the right things to cheer Casca up. And looks like Casca is starting to realize her feelings for Guts, here we go...
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Nov 3, 2016 10:04 AM

Jan 2016
That's it, Guts is the hardest nigga of all time
Apr 14, 2017 8:56 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
"Knight of Skeleton"

I love this character, the Skeleton Knight!!!
Chapter with 2 clears plots, for one side the Skeleton Knight that advice Guts about a dark future, and Griffith and his begin to conquest the princess!!!
Will the prophecy be the start with Griffith's action? :/
Sep 1, 2017 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
Guts managed to stay alive against 100 men!
They are back, and they are both safe.
I'm glad that Griffith was worried about them.
Dec 18, 2017 12:13 AM

May 2016
After scrambling for many different chapters, I'll just do the ones in the wiki kek //edit: finally got it right lmao

Hundred Man Slayer boiiii ♡ Casca's starting to be less aggressive towards everyone too.
Kajo_Senpai69Dec 31, 2017 10:38 PM

Jul 25, 2021 3:32 PM

Jun 2020
skull knight

wow dat scene woulda been rly useful in da anime 😐😐😐😐
Nov 8, 2021 12:27 AM

Aug 2021
Survival vol.7

that was so awesome and badass

BASED
Dec 4, 2021 8:02 AM
Jun 2015
Guts killed them all! 100 men!
When they talked about Griffith being at a meeting and won't be back until the next morning and Guts and Casca's expression.....Is Miura trying to tell us that Griffith is selling himself for the Band again.....Jesus...
Casca is CLEARLY falling in love with Guts even Jedeau is noticing that she is different!
This adventure that she was on with Guts as finally opened her up and she looks free. Free from herself and from her jealousy and anger and that all because she could finally be real with another human being!
Mar 14, 2022 5:02 AM

May 2015
What a work of art that scene was. Guts took out 100 men and was just resting on the tree!

Judeau comes in clutch with the pixie dust with healing properties. I believe him when he says they're real! Even if the flash-forward prologue didn't give me reason too!
Apr 1, 2022 1:11 PM

Mar 2019
Guts defeating 100 men on his own is insane but can we just appreciate how much of a homie Judeau is? I wonder if he has a thing for Casca. Honestly wouldn't mind him getting some more screen-time.
OωO
Apr 15, 2022 9:40 AM

May 2021
Good to see Casca start to care more for Guts.

Dec 13, 2022 6:45 AM
Jun 2021
el manga mas epico de la historia
Sep 9, 2023 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
ooo casca's catching feelingss
Sep 21, 2023 9:53 PM
Feb 2016
Let's see how the new author handles Guts, so far don't like it but I could see Miura taking this path.
Feb 10, 1:55 AM
Dec 2023
i like every chapter of berserk and they are really good and interesting so everyone should try
Apr 17, 7:45 AM

Aug 2018
Elf dust!? Puck? I miss you!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 376 Discussion

MegamiRem - Yesterday

33 by KoniginElle »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 22 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 3, 2010

30 by MrGutz »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 118 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

20 by wxykz »»
5 hours ago

» Chapter 376 - The End is Near

luckysjjsjsjs - Yesterday

18 by WalterBlack59 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Mar 5, 2011

45 by Thegyew »»
Yesterday, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.