Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2011 11:30 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God Mayuri in the following,

freaking cried and still am. Mayuri! With that music and scene it's hard for a Mayuri fan really hard! TT_TT

This is like the final countdown. This episode was total emotional and heart-wrenching for Makise and Mayuri fans. All I got to say is that all stay strong, well those who are emotional like me.

For some strange reasons, Makise's face in the following,

looks wildly attractive the way it shown. Rather interesting effects it makes on males. More later need to recover. Still have tears.

BTW stitches in the spoiler
Makise grabbing the cell from Okabe was somewhat dramatic.
Yumekichi11Aug 24, 2011 11:09 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 23, 2011 11:38 AM

Jul 2010
Were you Okarin, which one will you save? Kurisu or Mayuri?
Aug 23, 2011 11:47 AM
Dec 2009
Can't stand watching Mayuri anymore t-t
Aug 23, 2011 11:50 AM

Oct 2010
kusushi said:
Were you Okarin, which one will you save? Kurisu or Mayuri?
Both! I would in love go for Mayuri, although so much Makise is obvious for love towards Okabe. WTF am still doing here, need to vent off tears are drenching me.

Aug 23, 2011 12:02 PM

Apr 2011
Holy Hououin, that was depressing. Got me emotional. This episode really lets the gravity of an extremely desperate situation sink in.

I hope for the best of both Makise and Mayuri.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 23, 2011 12:28 PM

May 2010
God...damn...it...

Any time the focus is on Mayushii & she's giving her side of things, makes the episode 10x better. Everything was perfect, my heart actually aches with this whole thing - and I never feel that way with anime.

Anyway, Mayushii actually remembers the death events happening which cleared my questions on if she did remember. Luckily, she doesn't know the full story to get completely scared and do something drastic.(Like I feel Kurisu will do.) - Speaking of which - my doubt with her deepens even more.. Wonder what she will do or plans to do next ep.
Aug 23, 2011 12:28 PM

Nov 2009
Cried when Okabe told Makise she's gonna die in the original worldline.
Mayushi really made me teary ;_;.

3 episodes left. Thank god, because i cannot wait at all.

/I will wait for MakisexOkabe kiss. There must be a kiss, goddammit!/
Aug 23, 2011 12:45 PM

Jul 2011
Hmmm I think I have everything figured out and If I'm right neither Kurisu nor Mayuri will die. I'm usually right when I take guesses so *click at your own discretion*
Aug 23, 2011 12:46 PM
Apr 2011
Well shit, Mayuri is seeing how she dies in her dreams?
Aug 23, 2011 12:47 PM

Jan 2010
omg mayushii leave it to Okabe he will save both you and Makise some how...I hope...Anyways great episode though sad its getting so close to the ending. What I wouldnt do for a rip of the VN right now x.x
Aug 23, 2011 12:57 PM

Oct 2009
Well damn, this episode was so emotional, even near the end where Mayushii begins talking to Granny. T_T...

Okarin is finding ways to hopefully save them both before Mayushii begins to face fate.

This series has 3 episodes left, I honestly cannot wait for the next one.

Aug 23, 2011 12:59 PM
May 2011
I was seriously about to cry. poor Mayushii ;_; I can't take the amount of times I see her die.
ban1o.jpg
Aug 23, 2011 1:05 PM
Oct 2010
Just die Mayush. Die fast b4 i fall in love with you too ~~

I have a BAD feeling about Kurisu.
ricardo-saitoAug 23, 2011 1:09 PM
Aug 23, 2011 1:10 PM
May 2011
That was kinda depressing...
Aug 23, 2011 1:14 PM

Nov 2009
InterNetCasaNova said:
Hmmm I think I have everything figured out and If I'm right neither Kurisu nor Mayuri will die. I'm usually right when I take guesses so *click at your own discretion*

Now i remember that Suzuha said that the beta and alpha worldlines have different results, so in the future of the beta wl Suzuha may not have a reason to go back to the past and kill her (Kurisu dies on 2010 and the future is safe?). She also said that, there, SERN never builded successfully a time machine, so Suzuha won't have grudges against her in the original worldline i guess. Of course, i based this on Suzuha's words in one of the earlier episodes.

;_; God, what am i gonna do now?
Aug 23, 2011 1:16 PM

Jun 2009
I have strong feeling, that if Okarin won't stop her, Kurisu may change worldline by herself...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Aug 23, 2011 1:26 PM

Apr 2010
very emotional episode... T_T and so close to the end
Aug 23, 2011 2:03 PM

Jun 2011
Poor Okabe...Torn between saving two friends...The world is a cruel place.
Maybe he can go back to the original time line and get there before Makise gets stabbed and save her?
Aug 23, 2011 2:04 PM

Nov 2010
Hm... the ep's still good as always, but I kinda feel like filler due to slow plot development. It was nice to see Mayuri's past and brief explanations what events they where experiencing until now and how exactly was Mayuri's death date has been changing. I guess that pretty much gives us a cliffhanger for next ep since they'll be going through Kurisu's approval. Man, and I was hoping we had an answer from Kurisu when Okabe and Mayuri finished talking at cemetery... Anyways, it was nice overall though part of me wanted a little more of plot develpments if I were to criticize . I just find the series climax's being putting off too long. Wish it doesn't spoil up rushing the ending for the last 2~3 episodes.

Argh.. 3eps left. Jeez, I wonder if I'll be able to replace other series when S;G ends.
Aug 23, 2011 2:06 PM
Jun 2011
One question: how is it possible for Okabe to use the time leap machine since this was created later in that timeline?
Aug 23, 2011 2:11 PM

Nov 2010
Padberg said:
One question: how is it possible for Okabe to use the time leap machine since this was created later in that timeline?

They've been able to time leap for the maximum as of 48 hours if I remember correctly, not because they've been going through the days, but Okabe's been repeating the same days between 13~17 (correct me if wrong), so he could undo the messeges. And don't forget the day for Mayuri's death have been delayed a day, so he could have had more chances to time leap.
Aug 23, 2011 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
What can I say, this was one of the most beautiful anime episode I saw this year. Really, to get a 10/10 from me, all it needs is a satisfying ending. I am looking forward to it.

Also, I'm thinking Kurisu is starting to remember? The final minutes of the episode shows Kurisu going to the crime scene and then a segment appeared with a red line that looked like a World Line. I have a feeling she's gonna try to change world lines herself.

P.S. Fantastic character development this anime has!
Aug 23, 2011 2:23 PM

Dec 2010
Hm...really boring episode. Any real hope that Steins Gates had of being a good anime is slowly dying on me.

Okarin reveals his fake identity, and Kurisu confirms it. He's not the real deal when it comes to being a mad scientist and it was for fun all along. What annoys me is his refusal to share information with Kurisu, the smartest person in the show thus far, the one willing to believe him and help him. This would be a difficult problem to tell strangers but for Kurisu it's almost like a no brainer that Okarin needs to stop hogging all the info and misery to himself. Okarin isn't even the one doing much of the sci-fi work for the time travel machine, but honestly I find it hilarious he gets so much say in the whole situation. And that Darrel doesn't make much of the magnitude of the situation!

At least at the end of the episode it looks like Kurisu may start to take matters into her own hands. Gosh I've been waiting so long for Okarin's ineptitude to go away.

At least Okarin's attempt at killing himself had a laughable result. It made this episode a little tolerable.
Aug 23, 2011 2:26 PM

Oct 2010
luvtospooge said:
Also, I'm thinking Kurisu is starting to remember? The final minutes of the episode shows Kurisu going to the crime scene and then a segment appeared with a red line that looked like a World Line.

Yes she's remembering, just like everyone else who's been explicitly told of their lives in other worldlines. Of course for her it is much easier because she's inquisitive and very open to such things, she even managed to find her way to the exact spot where she dies which I don't believe he told her in that much detail.
Aug 23, 2011 2:39 PM

Jun 2009
Padberg said:
no hes onlt jumping backa little bit so these eps are after whenthe time machine was made each of these is 1 extra day after the machine so this is like 3 or 4 days after.

omg she rembered it all scary

for the lolz orkine in mishies hat
Aug 23, 2011 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
imperlast said:
for the lolz orkine in mishies hat
Hey hey! I find Okabe cute with that hat despite being a guy. Yeah he looks a little gay there but to me it is cute. There I said it as a guy! Feel better now too.

Aug 23, 2011 2:58 PM

Jun 2010
Kurisu is going to do something, but I still don't know what it could be. She might try to erase the D-Mail herself and save Mayuri by sacrificing herself.

Aug 23, 2011 3:10 PM

Sep 2008
I'm sure Okabe's favorite mecha anime that was mentioned is Star Driver.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2011 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
3 eps left...not much happened in this ep hope they don't mess up the ending...
Aug 23, 2011 3:23 PM

May 2008
The most emotional episode yet. It was done so well too.

I was surprised to find that Mayuri already knows what's happened to her since Okabe's numerous time leaps without being told directly like the others. It was really sad hearing her talk about how much of a burden she thinks she is.

Poor Okabe has to choose between Makise and Mayuri, but he wants to save them both somehow. I think by the end of the series, he might find a way. Who knows...

Looks like Makise remembers it all. To find the murder scene without being told... yeah, she remembers now.

Three episodes left, guys! A long week is ahead.
Aug 23, 2011 3:39 PM

Apr 2011
My theory on what gonna come next:

This episode was very emotional, because of Mayuri interpretation of the story and seeing/feeling her constant death in her dreams, it's like living in hell in her dreams and waking up to see Okabe being distance from her...

Seeing Okabe reluctant to use the D-mail this time, because another person life is in question, unlike the other 3 D-mails. It seem Okabe relationship might be a romantic one w/ Kurisu and his relationship w/ Mayuri is questionable in 3 categories brother/father/lover image.

This episode is the 3rd most emotional moment in the series for me, first would be her first being killed and 2nd would be Suzuha traveling back in time and reading her message "fail fail fail" >_<

Anyone feel that Mayuri constant death and resurrection, reminds them of Kenny from South Park?
vansonbeeAug 23, 2011 4:17 PM
Aug 23, 2011 3:57 PM
Jun 2008
Genius Girl's Melancholy...

Its kinda unfair when Mayuri don't know everything and Kurisi know everything...Okabe should tell the truth to Mayuri as well
Aug 23, 2011 4:01 PM

Oct 2010
vansonbee said:
Anyone feel that Mayuri constant death and resurrection, reminds them of Kenny from South Park?
Yeah except that was funny and stupid. Mayuuri's death is so more emotional and serious shit. I can't really link them together on many values but I see your point.

Aug 23, 2011 4:02 PM

Dec 2010
Oh God. What an emotional episode...I felt like crying 3 times. It was really well done in my opinion. It looks like Mayuri remembers what has happened to her in the other worldlines. So far, the only person who we haven't seen that appears to remember is Makise Kurisu.

So where was Kurisu at the end of the episode? Dark room, red light, standing at a door-way...

vansonbee said:
My theory on what gonna come next:

Haha, oh the irony in your post :P (no, I'm not flaming you. It's just that the VN readers and I know what's going to happen so your post was interesting).

Looking forward to next episode.

Aug 23, 2011 4:07 PM
Jun 2009
okabe will cause a time paradox somehow..... saving kurisu......(my theory)
Aug 23, 2011 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Lol it seems okabe likes yu yu hakusho judging from the saint beast names for the 4 organization generals.

But poor mayushii
Aug 23, 2011 4:22 PM

Aug 2011
This anime is great. There's a lot of suspense which I really enjoy. Three episodes left...wonder what Okabe is going to do and what will happen in the end.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Aug 23, 2011 4:26 PM
Jun 2009
the anime will probably follow the true ending of the visual novel. I just hope they will have enough time to cover it all >.<
Aug 23, 2011 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
Damn subs were off sync >.>

But other than that, awesome episode

5/5
Aug 23, 2011 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
From what was said I feel as if actually Mayuri will be the one to sabotage a world line because she has been feeling as if she was a burden. She also has shown to be impulsive when it comes to okarin. *Jumped infront of a car to save him* The only other possible thing i could think of is Kurisu striking a deal with sern to survive and save mayuri or to just survive if she feels she can't compete with mayuri. This world line he hasn't shown that he likes her more than as just a friend like he did in other world lines so im not sure. I just know Mayuri or Kurisu will be taking action next episode.
Aug 23, 2011 4:53 PM

Feb 2011
Okabe's identity crisis made me cry more than anything, although I cried pretty much through the whole episode. Man, it was intense.
Aug 23, 2011 4:56 PM
Jun 2009
uminari said:
Watched this episode two times in a row and cried even more the second time :( I really hope Steins;Gate has a happy ending....

theres a beta line ending and theres a steins gate line...... :)
Aug 23, 2011 5:07 PM

Jul 2010
Episode was alright - wasn't as eventful or insightful as the previous episodes and I was expecting more of a reaction from Kurisu after Okabe tells her the truth.
Aug 23, 2011 6:19 PM

Mar 2011
Waah!

Okabe is faced with a hobson's choice. And Kurisu (I reckon) sees that he loves Mayuri. Oh boy! What a non-euclidean love triangle through time!

Well, can he save both girls? Can he get a different ending then those outlined by SERN or Suzu. Hell, could he even know the divergence number to 2% and create a gamma line?

I dont see why there couldn't be an infinite number of lines, all obtainable by increasingly drastic temporal shifts.

Maybe.
Aug 23, 2011 6:28 PM

Dec 2010
taro_sado said:
Hm...really boring episode. Any real hope that Steins Gates had of being a good anime is slowly dying on me.

Okarin reveals his fake identity, and Kurisu confirms it. He's not the real deal when it comes to being a mad scientist and it was for fun all along. What annoys me is his refusal to share information with Kurisu, the smartest person in the show thus far, the one willing to believe him and help him. This would be a difficult problem to tell strangers but for Kurisu it's almost like a no brainer that Okarin needs to stop hogging all the info and misery to himself. Okarin isn't even the one doing much of the sci-fi work for the time travel machine, but honestly I find it hilarious he gets so much say in the whole situation. And that Darrel doesn't make much of the magnitude of the situation!

At least at the end of the episode it looks like Kurisu may start to take matters into her own hands. Gosh I've been waiting so long for Okarin's ineptitude to go away.

At least Okarin's attempt at killing himself had a laughable result. It made this episode a little tolerable.

Well, it was a rather sensitive issue concerning Kurisu so of course Okabe wouldn't tell her. I mean, if you had to tell someone that you have to decide on whether or not they should live or die, wouldn't it be hard on you? There's only one person he can save. How can he tell her that without feeling depressed?

Okarin is what made the invention possible. Without recruiting the right people and deciding on what to do, the invention of the time machine wouldn't have been possible. Sure, he may not have done much in terms of technical work on the time machine, but he made a big impact on it by overseeing the whole "operation".

Aug 23, 2011 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
Just watching Mayuri dying all the time is too much for me.
And there's only three episodes left. I wonder how it's gonna end.
Aug 23, 2011 6:43 PM

Apr 2008
If Okabe manages to save both Mayuri and Kurisu..what about Suzuha? She's doomed in every scenario, isn't she?
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 23, 2011 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
Uneventful to say the least, they didn't need to have such an episode.
Practically nothing happened apart from Christina finding out she would die; but is Okabe even going to stay in this world line before the cracking?
"A detoxified Akihabara would just be another electronic town!"

Aug 23, 2011 7:10 PM

Jul 2010
"If you run after two hares you will catch neither."
"Damned if you do and damned if you don't."

"Every man is the architect of his own fortune."

"Clothes do not make the man."
kusushiAug 23, 2011 7:16 PM
Aug 23, 2011 7:12 PM

Nov 2007
this guy has been through way more than anyone else, the amount of time he's seen his friends die, he had to take away one's father, one's love and gender, among other things. now to save one friend and the future he had to let Kurisu die.....

I don't know the part with Mayuri is sad but it just doesn't seem like a lot happened this time. if Kurisu dies then there will be no time leap to try to save her.

interesting Mayuri kind of dreamed all of these deaths, that would also be pretty difficult. he's gotta have so many memories now, just how can he fix things?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.