Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2011 3:56 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally Shura was super sexy in the following,

and finally some fan service of her ass in the spoiler
now that was not bad.

Fujimoto in the following,

17 episodes and he still give mes T_T every time I see him. I don't think a character this great ever existed even as being reminded.

Got to admit though that Shura looked good in the kimono in the spoiler
although her looks as a child were better. Rin scared the crap out of me when I though he would burn off Shiemi. More later maybe.
Yumekichi11Aug 7, 2011 4:00 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 7, 2011 4:03 AM

Dec 2010
Eh I just imagine him as a sane version of Father Anderson.

Well with what seems to be an incoming filler end, let's see if it manages to not suck.
Aug 7, 2011 4:06 AM

Oct 2010
notsureifsrs said:
Eh I just imagine him as a sane version of Father Anderson.
Nah, he is as great John Paul the 2nd.
notsureifsrs said:
Well with what seems to be an incoming filler end, let's see if it manages to not suck.
I think Shura's fan service was already amazing in this episode. It far surpassed Izumo's and that of Shiemi big time. Izumo fan service > Shiemi fan service. Most likely due to that changing room incident with the ghoul. Regardless Shura just outdid it this episode.

Aug 7, 2011 4:12 AM

May 2011
Loved this episode. sad to see amaimon get killed by rin . i lol'd at the part where rin accidentally burns yukio's and shura's clothes off where it lead to some nice fan service of shura's ass. episode also had a rinxizumo moment which i loved. next ep looks interesting and the start of a new arc =D
Aug 7, 2011 4:16 AM

Feb 2009
I kind of feel bad for Rin.. The others are scared of him now, right? (except for Izumo and Moryiama)
Aug 7, 2011 6:10 AM

May 2010
i liked this episode better than the previous one.
it was less strange and they picked up some scenes from the manga.
but i didn't like it that rin defeated amaimon so easily.
that doesen't make much sense to me because in this form amaimon should be way more stronger.
i mean rin just sliced him and then it was over.
i don't know..
it would be better if they had a real fight with mephisto stopping them or something like that. (how it was supposed to be in the previous fight)
but i liked it that bon and the others (except for shiemi) were more.. well in character.
because in the last episode they (except for konekomaru who was like in the manga) just accepted it too easily in my opinion.
it was obvious that they would probably make a different ending because the manga is still ongoing.
and of course they can make a different end and change stuff but they shouldn't change a characters behavior.
maybe we can hope for another anime who is exactly like the manga when it's finished.
but that probably takes years.
well, all in all i think this weeks episode was.. acceptable.
giuli94Aug 7, 2011 6:17 AM
Aug 7, 2011 5:18 PM

Feb 2010
Can someone tell me where I can watch this with english subs? I don't want to wait until Wednesday. :(
Aug 7, 2011 9:29 PM

Apr 2009
My girlfriend has panties like that, except they're black.
Aug 7, 2011 9:50 PM

Jul 2011
Someone know a group actually fan subbing this?
Aug 7, 2011 10:32 PM

Apr 2011
I went ahead and watched the fight, which was pretty awesome if incredibly short. Amaimon CRUSHED Shura and AAA, and then was effortlessly smashed into gravel in turn by his little brother's Satan-sword. The rest seems to be all dialogue, of which the only word I recognize is the occasional "Satan", so I guess I'll have to wait for GG or one of the others to release it.

Aniplex liscenced it recently and has it up on hulu, which may be why the fansubs are delayed/missing ...
Aug 7, 2011 11:16 PM

Nov 2010
Izumo-chan! HNG.

Is Yukio turning into a demon, or having Rin's powers? What's that purple shit?
Aug 7, 2011 11:39 PM
Sep 2010
I think Yukio might become a demon in the next couple episodes although it's still kinda early to jump to a conclusion
Aug 7, 2011 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
Oh, Amaimon. You so mad dead.
Also, although nothing particularly new or original, I find it kind of funny how Caliburn has to kyaa~ every time AAA's going to use the sword.

And my, my. They're all so stuck up on this Blue Night.
Anyway, suddenly, dat BGM.

And maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure Bon and the others were helping each other to deliver Rin's sword to him, without any regards to themselves, so why the hell did Bon suddenly go "Durrhurr like hell I'll get along with you!"?
I just find this kind of... I dunno, not quite how it should be, at least.

And suddenly, he burns the clothes.
This guy seriously lacks control. ┐(-。ー')┌

Tl;dr needs more Izumo.
There is wired life.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 7, 2011 11:44 PM

May 2010
Yeah i know we aren't supposed to say anything about the manga in these discussions but I just am not liking the changes from the manga. Am i the only one? Maybe the pace seems too rushed or the changes are so major i'm not sure but i like the manga version better at this point. I was going to wait and not read the manga until the anime was over but i couldn't wait but now i kinda wish i wouldn't have cuz i had no idea they were going to make so many changes! So yeah whats going on with those spots on Yukio he seems to have a lot of anger. Oh and does it bother anybody else that Shiro would take Yukio when he was that young to train but not Rin, I know his true self was supposed to be a secret but they could have told him it was just batting practice so he could be just as good at it as Yukio at this point. Seems kinda unfair to me. Oh well its just a story and i will stick with it till the end.
Aug 7, 2011 11:44 PM

Nov 2010
I hope they don't stick to having just 25 episodes... it seems like there's no plausible way to wrap things up well in just eight more episodes. I know if they don't deviate from the manga they'll catch up in no time... here's to hoping for a good end at 25 and a second season!
Aug 7, 2011 11:50 PM

Jul 2009
What chapter is it where the anime starts diverging from?
After knowing there's an anime alternative route, I keep saying to myself 'this is fake', while watching the episode, which is starting to bother me.
Aug 7, 2011 11:54 PM
Aug 2010
I wish Kuro would get more screentime :<
They kind of messed up with how Suguro and them were all like "omgz we gotta save Rin and his sword" and now they hate him.
Aug 8, 2011 12:03 AM
Mar 2010
Kurogashi said:
After knowing there's an anime alternative route, I keep saying to myself 'this is fake', while watching the episode, which is starting to bother me.
You can start by reading the chapter 13 of the manga (near the end of the chapter is where the first change occurs).
Aug 8, 2011 12:22 AM

Jul 2009
Ok I read ch 13/14/15 and I have to say, I prefer Shimei not going crazy on Rin. From what I understand, she really has no reason to, unlike the others who have a history with Satan.

I also actually think the anime version handles the 'court room' scene better. In the manga, the judges gave in too easily. At least in the anime, Rin demonstrated some of his powers (though it ended way too soon and the so called paladin looked like a chump).

I don't see what people are complaining about, the anime is doing a much better job (unless the author had a plan for the earth king but i doubt it now cause the anime scripts are usually ran through with the author).
Aug 8, 2011 12:25 AM

Apr 2011
4/5 Only because I felt that they wasted a few minutes on the whole "Do we kill or let Rin go" issue before the Grigori....
Aug 8, 2011 12:26 AM

Aug 2009
So it's like it follows the manga and then it doesn't and then it kinda does... makes me wonder if they'll do a more faithful adaptation a la FMA Brotherhood in the future.

Either way, it was kinda anticlimactic how quickly Amaimon got offed. As I said last week, the whole cuckoo clock scene in the manga seemed like it was there to keep him around for later, but I guess the anime didn't feel like doing that.

And now Konekomaru's going rogue?

EDIT: I know I kinda sound like a manga purist, but it's really just the fact that it's somewhat jarring seeing the series diverge, especially when the first half played it really straight. I'll hold full judgment for after the series end, as I think we all should.
Ha-cha!
Aug 8, 2011 12:38 AM

Nov 2007

amaimon's final moments -- he majestically evolved into rpattz.

BUT NO okay i'm really sad that his death was extremely anti-climatic. ; A ; i like how mephisto didn't even give a flying shit lmao.
Aug 8, 2011 12:54 AM

Aug 2010
The anime is starting to really annoy me. I know that it can't be EXACTLY the same as the manga, but there are just way to many differences now and I don't like the way they are doing it.
Aug 8, 2011 1:02 AM

Aug 2010
Oh damn, I would never expect Yukio to inherit the flames too. I wonder if he does.
Aug 8, 2011 1:30 AM

Mar 2010
Ahh!! That cliffhanger was, eghh!D'x
That episode went by so quick, egh!! Ant the preview, omgoodness! So the monster looks like Rin?? This is going to get really iffy, really messy~___~;;;
I really enjoyed 'eyebrow's' motivational speech too; gotta love those Tsunderes!xD
I really really can't wait for the next episode. it looks amazing!!>w<//♥

Aug 8, 2011 1:42 AM

Jan 2011
"Lost control of my flames" bullshit Rin just wanted to see Shura's breast and ass and I can't blame him. Poor Yukio got hit in the corssfire tho and wtf I think the anime is going down the "Yukio might turn into a demon" path.

"The manga is better"
STFU BECAUSE KYOTO ARC SUCKS ASS until JUST recently
THANK GOD THEY AREN'T GOING TO SEE BON'S FAMILY BECAUSE THAT SHIT WAS BOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG

Lol @ Mephisto not giving a shit about Amaimon.
VioLinkAug 8, 2011 1:57 AM
[center]
Aug 8, 2011 1:48 AM

Jan 2010
I DON'T BELIEVE AMAIMON IS DEAD.

Proof:
- He was using a body in Assiah
- He said "I can't Lose" he didn't say "I can't die" which means that he just lost the round, and even if he never reappears in the anime, he's still alive!

WTF MOMENTS:
- I officially hate anime Mephisto
- Mephisto not giving a damn
- BEHEMOTH DYING WITH 1 HIT FROM SHURA WHEN SHE WAS STRUGGLING TO FIGHT MINI BEHEMOTH IN THE FOREST EP -.-
- AMAIMON'S DEATH/LOSING ;-;

My thoughts:
- AMAIMON ISN'T DEAD
- Izumo x Shima
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2011 1:54 AM

Oct 2010
busters said:
BUT NO okay i'm really sad that his death was extremely anti-climatic.
Nah it was,

burn baby burn! Burn!

Aug 8, 2011 2:01 AM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
busters said:
BUT NO okay i'm really sad that his death was extremely anti-climatic.
Nah it was,

burn baby burn! Burn!

Disco inferno!! The reason Mephisto didn't care was probably because Amaimon lost his cool. And that was not part of his plan.
[center]
Aug 8, 2011 2:18 AM

Aug 2011
I think at this point people need to view this anime as a stand alone show, it's obviously not going to follow the manga at all now. If the anime does however, I'll find that odd, according to Bon in this episode his father and Shima's oldest brother were killed by Satan's flames, I don't see how they can actually create the Kyoto arc without such key people. My thoughts; I didn't like this episode, Bon and co.'s personality (minus Koneko) had such a drastic change, one minute they're risking their lives to fix and deliver Rin's sword, then they hate him, I find this to be bad writing, honestly.

Oh, did anyone notice Rin's left eye near the beginning of the episode? Shout out to Black Rock Shooter, maybe?

EDIT: It was bugging me so I went back and re-watched episode 5, when did Bon's father suddenly die to Satan? They certainly don't talk about him as if he's passed on in episode 5. Perhaps a translation error, but who knows at this point.
ConjectAug 8, 2011 2:31 AM
Aug 8, 2011 2:49 AM

May 2010
I do not like how they aint sticking with the manga. :/

but Rin burning there clothes off was hilarious!! XD
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 8, 2011 2:50 AM

Oct 2010

it was kinda funny to see both yukio n shura got clothes burnt off X)

xAmaterasu said:
I wish Kuro would get more screentime :<
They kind of messed up with how Suguro and them were all like "omgz we gotta save Rin and his sword" and now they hate him.

that 's wht i feel too X(
--
episode... OMG!!! another cliffhanger!!!
Aug 8, 2011 3:00 AM
Jun 2008
The only new thing I learn bout the blue fire in this episode is that it will burn off the cloth but leaving the skin and pants unharmed . pervert blue fire ><
Aug 8, 2011 3:26 AM
Jul 2011
I Do Agree on thoughts with Kurimu-chan that Amaimon isn't dead, After Reading the Anime Description, It says that there is two different worlds. It also States that the demons can pass over into the world by possessing anything that exists within it. Which would be Amaimon who has Died in Assiah, But Is Continuing to live in Gehenna.
But Amaimon is my favorite character. ♥
Which could also mean I am in denial And Am Just ranting on about things to make Me happy again.
But, I do think this is the case that he is still living in Gehenna.
I Lovee Amaimon.♥
Aug 8, 2011 3:28 AM
Apr 2011
As much as I want to view the anime and manga separately, I just can't. They have completely ruined the whole class' attitude towards Rin and the plot hole with Bon's father just can't be fixed now. I have no idea how they're going to make the Kyoto arc when half the story is Rin being segregated from their group and trying to regain their trust while the other half focuses on the background story of his temple. I guess they can pin the whole thing on his grandpa or something, but ... geh.

Disappointing, really. I don't think I'm going to watch the anime anymore. I know most of you haven't read the manga, but picture it like this: it's like watching FMA after FMAB.
Aug 8, 2011 3:44 AM

Jan 2011
FMA was one of the greatest anime shows ever made.....seriously, what is the FMAB vs FMA thing everyone wants to try to use? FMAB was action paced while FMA was completely character driven. Both used different methods to create 2 great shows.
Aug 8, 2011 3:53 AM
Apr 2008
LightningRamiel said:
So it's like it follows the manga and then it doesn't and then it kinda does... makes me wonder if they'll do a more faithful adaptation a la FMA Brotherhood in the future.

Either way, it was kinda anticlimactic how quickly Amaimon got offed. As I said last week, the whole cuckoo clock scene in the manga seemed like it was there to keep him around for later, but I guess the anime didn't feel like doing that.

And now Konekomaru's going rogue?

EDIT: I know I kinda sound like a manga purist, but it's really just the fact that it's somewhat jarring seeing the series diverge, especially when the first half played it really straight. I'll hold full judgment for after the series end, as I think we all should.

I thought I would be the only to notice this. Yes it looks like the anime is taking its own path as the alternate version of the current arc that the manga is in.

But I think I see the whole thing as:

Anyways the anime left the manga 2 episodes ago.
Aug 8, 2011 5:18 AM

Nov 2007
LOL. Suddenly everyone is there, the sword is fixed and Rin has amazing sword skills. Shitty writing is shitty.

Amaimon. :[ I liked him. Stupid Pheles.

Why did Suguro suddenly turn on Rin? Dude, you found out he was the son of Satan and then helped him and the next day you say you don't trust him? That doesn't make any sense.

Hm, did Rin's blue flames ignite something in Yukio? Or were those marks always there and he's keeping it a secret?
Aug 8, 2011 5:56 AM

Jun 2010
Amaimon beating both demon girl and paladin while rin killing him in 5 seconds ?
Why don't we give rin a higher than paladin rank already ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2011 6:02 AM

Aug 2010
I'm liking the Shura fanservice :)
Aug 8, 2011 7:10 AM

Jul 2010
Poor Rin. Almost everyone is scared of him.
Aug 8, 2011 7:25 AM

Apr 2011
One hell of a kickass episode!

That fanservice is unexpected and hilarious. Never expected blue flames can do that. Blue flames are so perverted. And Shura's ass! XD

Love the cute moment between Rin and Izumo. Izumo blushing is so adorable.

MagitoAug 8, 2011 7:43 AM
Aug 8, 2011 7:42 AM

Jan 2009
lol amaimon got K.O ed before OP
Aug 8, 2011 8:18 AM

Apr 2011
the fight could have lasted a bit longer. I feel sorry that Amaimon was killed by Rin. And Rin's preparation for the exorcist exam began. I enjoyed the fanservice.
Aug 8, 2011 9:02 AM

Feb 2008
If everyone hates him why did they even bother getting his sword fixed? What a stupid development.
Aug 8, 2011 9:18 AM

Apr 2011
Kurogashi said:

Because the manga takes place in reality, right? :P Rather than tell yourself it's a "fake" story working in opposition to the "true" story, why not think of it as two different tellings of the one story? Neither version of events actually took place so there's no truth or falseness to either one, being entirely works of fiction.

You can't even really say this was the mangaka's "real" vision of the story, because we aren't around in the boardroom where these decisions are made. The creator could have decided he didn't feel like re-telling everything from page 1, or wished he'd done some things differently. Who are we fans to tell him to replicate the exact same ground he's just covered?
Aug 8, 2011 9:26 AM

Aug 2011
ok in this episode

amaimon vs rin: rin was a bit "cooler" but that was a lame as hell fight...

yukio being a potential demon: interested me, wtf was that thing on his armpit

training: i hope it doesnt drag on like naruto training which usually takes AGES

shadow demon thingy: seems like a new arc.. i hope its nice considering its 17/25 episodes and i have no idea if theres a second season
Aug 8, 2011 9:34 AM

Aug 2010
AMAIMOOOOOON D: you were awesome while it lasted T_T
im sorry but his death was way too lame, a stab from rin's sword? REALLY? AFTER THAT EPIC BATTLE IN THE FOREST AND THIS IS HOW IT ENDS D:? *continues to rant*
whew annnnnnnnnyways it looks like we're entering the last arc of whats presumably the first season (hopefully) wonder if they're gonna continue this like nuramago or something
i wonder if konekomaru or yukio is gonna get possessed or something
izumo being nice is very understandable and that was a nice rin x izumo moment at the end, looks like bon and shima doesnt really completely hate rin and konekomaru's just plain scared >_>;
Aug 8, 2011 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
Another season, pleaseeeeee *.*
I'm really liking this, I mean, I thought they'll do something crappy when I saw the changes, but now I think I like this better than the manga version.

yes, I also think Shiemi is much more cool supporting Rin, I'm liking her again (lol)

Next week's seems promising ;b
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Aug 8, 2011 10:06 AM

Apr 2011
OK, now that I've finally seen the subs! Time for my review of the episode ... apologize for the triple post but it's that or one huge one on the first page.

The opening courtroom scene was pretty epic! Even though it was brutally short, that really hammered home just how OP Rin really is. The strongest soldier in the Vatican's army got crushed like he was nothing, yet Rin didn't even break a sweat slaughtering his aniki. I guess the girl with the unreadable accent reforging his blade made it (and him by proxy) even stronger.

Bon's turnaround in personality was a bit odd, but not entirely OOC. He's always been pretty outwardly harsh with Rin, and while his actions show that he still cares about him whether he'll admit it or not, he's still going to be the first to step up and bust Okamura's balls when he thinks he needs it. He's also always been competitive with Rin, so suddenly finding out that he has a huge reservoir of fighting ability from being the Son of Satan is going to make him even more aggressive and eager to prove his worth.

It does look like this rivalry turns violent next episode from the preview ... but hopefully that'll resolve Bon's two drives (to help his friend and to kill Satan). He's just best hope Rin doesn't lose control, since if Rin can do that to the Earth King ...

Commercials: Honey lemon Fanta sounds gross ... and lolis playing card games with pedos on the beach. Sure, why not. Axe commercials in Japan are ... kinda awesome! :D Much better without the gratuitous 'Balls!' puns their American adverts have. WTF was with that little yellow bird tho? Selling face cream or something? Sometimes I wish they'd fansub the ads but then it'd take even longer.

Hnnng ... GOD Shura's got a hot pantied ass :D Bit of Yukio fanservice for the ladies too. It is a bit random that Rin's flames would decide to burn off their clothes of all things, LOL. I concur that Shura was even hotter as a teenager, whooping Bibi-megane's ass at the batting cage. That purple shit in his armpit doesn't bode well ... it almost looks like he's got the Black Plague!

5/5
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.