Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2007 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />Wow XD I officially love this series. But I have to admit... it's extremely similar to Rocket Girls... only with a better storyline, art style, and outfits ^-^~!

Your thoughts on this episode...?
Jul 30, 2007 1:31 PM

Jun 2007
I know that there's only been 3 episodes so far, but I really like it now. Also, and I know what I'm about to say may be really weird, but it really reminds me Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's because of in the 1st episode, how they were talking about WORMS which reminded me of Angels in Neon Genesis and also how they have to be synchronized to their Sonic Driver and also how Eikas' synchronization wasn't high enough. If you've seen Neon Genesis Evangelion you may understand what I'm saying. Other than that there is absolutely no connection is a heck of a lot lighter than Neon Genesis could be.

Aug 4, 2007 2:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yay, more fans.

Really nice episode, but there was one camera angle that was way overboard imho. But the rest was good. It's nice to see that Eika has to improve as well regarding team work, that was obvious during their track training.

Looking forward to more. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 4, 2007 11:40 PM

Apr 2007
J.C. Staff has done a really impressive job with the artwork on this one. Very smooth, detailed and never off design. I hope the story develops into a match for the animation work.
Sep 19, 2008 2:51 AM

May 2008
I'm sorry for bumping a year old thread.
But I just want to express my disappointment in this anime also forwarding the guy looks ludely at a girl, girl hits guy cliche.

Also, yay for the first action episode. It was just saving someone I know, but that was the most action we've seen in the series thus far.

I'm gonna be be watching a whole lot of Sky Girls lately to fix my Strike Witches craving.
Gotta watch something right now since we don't have a second season yet. This seemed like it might be similar enough to ease my cravings.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 7, 2008 3:33 PM

Jun 2007
i liked how otoha was having so much fun in training xD

yay for otoha saving eika.
i cannot wait to see what the sonic divers can do.
Jan 31, 2010 3:41 AM

May 2009
Melancholy: I actually liked Rocket Girls more, and this show so far hasn't shown me anything notable yet apart from apparently setting up fanservice. However, I look forward to revising that opinion if this show does become better, which it hopefully will.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 24, 2012 6:37 PM
Nov 2011
I liked the animation for the landing on this one. Eika flaring her engines, is very very believable based on some hang gliding experience.

Man though, they are almost too cute to be believed as military pilots though.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 5, 2013 2:29 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm I liked it. But I give a 5.
Feb 26, 2014 9:07 AM

Aug 2013
Aww they're on first name basis now :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 19, 2014 7:49 PM

Jul 2012
Bath scene!
Introduction to new characters!
Awesome testing/rescue mission of the Sonic Divers!

Intense episode! D:
Good anime so far~! x3

The ending....Eika finally admits to be called Eika by Otoha. x3
So cute! x3
May 1, 2018 7:20 PM

May 2010
Dunno about the comparison to Rocket Girls, I'm watching both right now. Rocket Girls feels more wholesome and less generic, but this show is hitting a certain sweet spot for entertainment. More fanservice, more action, more excitement, equal amounts of stupidity... so far I'm liking Sky Girls better. SG has more crash-and-burn potential though, so I'll reserve my judgement for the time being.
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 22, 2019 11:18 PM

Jan 2018
I was expecting some waifu moe shit but this show is actually good

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 11 Discussion

redbuzz - Sep 27, 2007

10 by Edoriote »»
Feb 27, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 25 Discussion

Piroko - Dec 24, 2007

23 by ManuelFragment »»
Feb 16, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 1 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 9, 2007

13 by NoviSun »»
Nov 18, 2019 10:10 PM

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 26 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 9, 2008

30 by ItsXolo »»
Oct 3, 2019 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 16 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 28, 2007

7 by Vhailor »»
Oct 19, 2017 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.