Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2008 9:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The outfits sure have gotten a tad crayzier, looks like a costume party. xD

Was a good final episode, I actually expected it to be boring but I enjoyed it. But overall, 26 episodes a bit too much. 7/10.
cyruzJan 9, 2008 10:10 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 9, 2008 11:46 AM

Mar 2007
I thought it was a bad final episode, as expected. But anyways, overall the show was alright so I'm giving it a 7/10 as well.
Jan 9, 2008 12:31 PM

Sep 2007
New lolis! Woohoo!
Jan 9, 2008 5:14 PM
Nov 2007
I loved it, I think it was a pretty good ending to the story.
Jan 9, 2008 5:32 PM

Jul 2007
A fitting end to the show. The episode was a bit slow, but I guess that's how these things go.
Jan 9, 2008 7:24 PM

Sep 2007
A very nice and touching ending.

Of course, this episode was unnecessary, and they should of tied the ends in ep 25, but it just gives you a great feeling of accomplishment. :P

Now... >_< Sky Girls is over :(
Sulk, rewatch it a few times, then wait for Strike Witches!!! :P

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jan 9, 2008 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Cute & lighthearted ending-- how very fitting of Sky Girls.
Jan 10, 2008 1:50 AM
Jun 2007
This wasn't good. They didn't really go anywhere with the characters, plot was almost non-existent, there was no anger, happiness, sadness etc. just a sort of boredom.

Jan 10, 2008 6:57 AM

Apr 2007
AnimusNathan said:
This wasn't good. They didn't really go anywhere with the characters, plot was almost non-existent, there was no anger, happiness, sadness etc. just a sort of boredom.
What were you looking for? There was plenty of plot and the characters were enjoyable by themselves. Sky Girls isn't Evangelion where every character has some deep dark past concerning some sort of family issue.

I greatly enjoyed the final episode and the series as whole. Here's hoping for more Sky Girls or perhaps some Strike Witches. (^_^)
Jan 11, 2008 3:47 AM

May 2007
RanKizama said:

I greatly enjoyed the final episode and the series as whole. Here's hoping for more Sky Girls or perhaps some Strike Witches. (^_^)

Strike Witches is the next installment for "loli in mecha" lol
Word has it, the tv series was in production for the whole of last year ever since the ova was released. Now its scheduled to air sometime this year.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-12-25/strike-witches-anime-confirmed-for-tv-relaunch-in-2008

I was expecting the fight to last through to midway ep. 26 (watched ep. 25 & 26 together). The last episode gave us an overview of what the girls has been up to after their final mission. I thought it was necessary as it gave us a reflecting of how much they have grown in personality and how their friendship has grown.

Really loved the series and looking forward to second season if the W.O.R.M.S come back. lol
9/10
Jan 20, 2008 8:15 PM

Oct 2007
I know that this is from an earlier episode, but I've noticed something interesting about the show...

Ike! Fin Funnel!

And I'm sure everyone enjoyed the new fapping material.
Jan 27, 2008 10:42 PM

Feb 2007
RanKizama said:
AnimusNathan said:
What were you looking for? There was plenty of plot and the characters were enjoyable by themselves. Sky Girls isn't Evangelion where every character has some deep dark past concerning some sort of family issue.

I agree; even though the pacing was slow, this show beat my low expectations from it. The character development in the second half (Ep 14-17) of the show was great. I wasn't expecting an amazing plot, but I was surprised with Episodes 18-25. They were quite entertaining at times. There was enough happiness stemming from Otoha, Anger from Elise and Eika, and Sadness from Aisha.

The final episode was a good ending to the show. Despite my praise for the second half, the first half did bore me. This show would have been better off with 13-16 episodes. 7/10
Feb 14, 2008 9:47 AM

Oct 2007
Well, I really enjoyed it. Sky Girls was a really nice break from the heavier stuff ^^
Feb 23, 2008 8:50 AM

Nov 2007
awww its over~ episode was quite nice I liked the outfits from the new sky girls X3 some looks like small cat ears XDD cute~

Jun 22, 2008 6:06 AM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Was a good final episode, I actually expected it to be boring but I enjoyed it. But overall, 26 episodes a bit too much. 7/10.

just finished sky girls at last XD i got really bored near the end..anyways, new lolis @_@_@ i like the brown haired one XD and the blond one at the back XD mmmmmm lolis...*drools*

looks like sky witches really is getting a shot at loli + mechas @_@ i hope it has a good storyline XD
Jun 28, 2008 10:52 PM

Mar 2008
corroded said:
cyruz said:

just finished sky girls at last XD i got really bored near the end..anyways, new lolis @_@_@ i like the brown haired one XD and the blond one at the back XD mmmmmm lolis...*drools*

looks like sky witches really is getting a shot at loli + mechas @_@ i hope it has a good storyline XD

I took note not on their outfit, but the earpiece...

subtle kemonomimi-ism? XD

But IMO, Sky Girls didn't end in a bang, but a splutter...>_>

needs moar missiles and large explosions. And oh, yes, moar Quadra Lock (which would be more beautiful if the shape is a tetrahedron and not a square pyramid <_<)
Aug 29, 2008 10:14 AM

Feb 2008
Nice final episode.
And all in all an nice anime.
7/10
Oct 1, 2008 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
This was my first "Loli-Mecha" Show. It was better than expected. At first I didnt think I would make it through, but it was quite entertaining.

7/10
Oct 14, 2008 7:02 PM

Jun 2007
hmmm, it was a little boring, but i enjoyed seeing all the new sky girls.
overall, i liked this anime, even if the animation was a little repetitive some times, i gotta say that i enjoyed watching this, and the music was good too. i got no complaints, i liked it.
Oct 2, 2009 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
I just finished the series and I loved it! I hope that they would publish a second season. Otoha's and Ryohei's relationship was funny to watch and I hoped that in series there would had been little romance with them but anyway it was an awesome anime to watch.
Feb 16, 2010 6:12 AM

May 2009
Episodes 18-25 made this show.

I think this should have been a 13-episode thing.

But this last episode was still pretty worth it.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 7, 2010 4:21 AM

Sep 2010
Although unnecessary I liked the last episode for it happy ending factor, which a light hearted anime like this needed. Seeing all the new girls formed and Sky Girls reunite make it seem like fertile grounds for a season 2. If completely terrible animes with no reason for continuation can get season 2s, why not something that brought some enjoyment like Sky Girls.

For the series in general, I was pleasantly surprised with this anime that I started because someone recommended to me as quote "Like Strike Witches if they were trying to be more serious." Wasn't incredibly great anime, but I liked it and would reccomend it to others.

P.S. I was really hoping for some Otoha and Ryohei romance too ;_;. In fact none of the romantic opportunities were developed on like they were started, which was dissapointing, like Karen/Takumi, Nanae/Hiro, or Togo/I forgot what her name was ^^, (and for you hopeful yuris out there, you know who you are ;P) Otoha/Aisha.
Jan 28, 2012 5:30 PM
Nov 2011
Well it's over. It's not the peak of the last episode, but I'm glad, for once, for the epilogue to see how things moved on. Only thing I would maybe have liked to see, is Otoha beat her grandpa in a match before going back. Oh well. I've got to ponder how to rate this show, because I had VERY low expectations for it. I loved the way the characters developed, and while the battles were kind of meh at times, they managed to keep it from getting too stale I think.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 18, 2014 9:46 AM

Sep 2012
It's kind of like... when they moved onto Strike Witches, they took this show, snipped out a good bit of the plot 'n' CD and replaced it with more tits 'n' ass and Cute Girls Doing Cute Things™, repeated the same process for the second season of Strike Witches, then did it so much the last time that Vividred Operation was almost entirely tits 'n' ass and Cute Girls Doing Cute Things™. If their next series isn't a full-on hentai with guns and flying naked chicks, I'll be sorely disappointed in them.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
May 6, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2009
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Episodes 18-25 made this show.

I think this should have been a 13-episode thing.

But this last episode was still pretty worth it.

This was pretty much my own thoughts on it.

Funnily enough I enjoyed this more than Strike Witches. The plot felt more dramatic and the fact that at least this universe invented skirts and trousers for girls made it a bit more realistic. The one thing that irked me about Strike Witches that!

This episode though unnecessary was a good way to tie up the loose ends and see what everyone was doing after the war on the worms ended. 8/10 for the series though I agree that the first half wasnt a patch on the second half =)
Jul 29, 2014 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was fun :) I watched Strike Witches first so during the first few episodes, I was constantly comparing this to Strike Witches. I still think Strike Witches was more entertaining but this one was fun to watch too.

I agree with the posts above, it would have been better if this was just 1-cour. It really felt like they dragged out the story.

One thing I really liked about this show: no blatant fanservice. I mean besides Nanae's boobs, what else is there? They wear proper uniforms too!

7/10. I'd like to see the new Sky Girls Rescue division :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 5, 2014 6:03 PM

Apr 2012
Nice episode, I guess.
(in gundam 00 voice): This is our final mission!

Great to see where the characters have been.

Overall at first I wasn't really happy with the anime because the monsters took too damn long to appear (I was high from Strike Witches before watching this), but as the series went on I loved the characters. Also, the action is not too bad, although repetitive at times since they finish off the opponent in the same way (but hey; I'm used to that already).

8/10!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 9, 2014 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
Cheesy yet very entertaining.

1st half is meh but the 2nd half is great, i totally enjoy it.

Ryouhei x Otoha OTP

8/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 15, 2015 2:37 AM

Nov 2011
I was hoping the invitation would be for Ichijo and Togo's wedding!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Aug 21, 2015 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
And so the Sky Girls leave the future in the hands of the new generation of Strike Witches sonic diver recruits. It was a standard epilogue episode, although it always takes me longer than necessary to watch these kinds of conclusions since I want to savor the last moments. Were it not for the full, complete story that was told I would have welcomed a sequel with ease. Perhaps even just a spin-off SOL of the new recruits.

I know why I put this off for so long, but I still feel a bit silly for being skeptical rather than just diving in. Sky Girls was definitely on the slower side, but that worked heavily in its favor. I really enjoyed watching the character building episodes early on and their initial pre-WORM training might have even been my favorite part of the whole show. It took its time to set the scene for the action that would ensue later and made the fights all the more relevant as a result. For example, knowing everything that went into training to fight the WORMs as opposed to starting with them becoming humanity's last hope right off the bat. Otoha and the gang really turned out to be a fun cast. There wasn't anything necessarily original about any of the main girls, they just had chemistry going on which made it addicting to watch as the grew and bonded.

One particular theme I really took away from this revolves around the WORM. It was interesting how they were described as a cure and how they treated humanity as the cancer that was harming Earth. I don't think there was necessarily an environmental message in any of that, but it does make me wonder if the WORM had even acted in the first place if humanity as a whole had taken better care of the world.

8/10, this really did grow on me and it's rare for me to power through shows this slow paced.
Oct 3, 2019 9:39 PM
Jan 2014
Nice satisfying ending

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 11 Discussion

redbuzz - Sep 27, 2007

10 by Edoriote »»
Feb 27, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 25 Discussion

Piroko - Dec 24, 2007

23 by ManuelFragment »»
Feb 16, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 1 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 9, 2007

13 by NoviSun »»
Nov 18, 2019 10:10 PM

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 3 Discussion

melancholy - Jul 28, 2007

12 by abyss_will »»
Sep 22, 2019 11:18 PM

Poll: » Sky Girls Episode 16 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 28, 2007

7 by Vhailor »»
Oct 19, 2017 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.