Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2012 12:31 AM

May 2009
As olipro put it, I'm quite sure that this episode was a stealth criticism of the type of show that that cooking fanservice show is, especially what with the cameramen going for panty shots. It's pretty clear that Haruka was doing that on purpose in order to draw attention away from Chihaya.

I haven't played the games, but from just these episodes, it seems the series is surprisingly "honest" about the things that Japanese pop idols find themselves having to do, including the crappy appearances.

Chihaya (who is, admittedly, my favorite character) and her reactions and attitudes make complete sense to me, even if they don't make good business sense for her as an entertainer. :P That ending theme is gorgeous.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 8, 2013 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
I like Chihaya, but yeah, I hope we will get to know more about her than just her love for singing. I also want to see her more cheerful :)
May 17, 2013 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
That Chihaya girl can really sing.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 3, 2013 11:10 AM

Jun 2009
I think Chihaya is my favorite character so far, I hope the series explores more of her situation.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 1, 2013 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode so far.
Liked the ending song.
Good ost.
Pretty fun to watch, with a bit of drama
Sep 28, 2013 11:09 PM

Feb 2013
VictimOfFate said:
I'm still having a hard time trying to enjoy this
Same here. The show desperately needs more singing.

It was nice getting to know Chihaya's character. She feels more real to me than the rest, which just seem to be bubbly moe-blobs. They seem to be focusing on one girl per episode, so my assessment may change.
Jan 9, 2014 12:05 AM

Jul 2013
I like Chihaya in this episode, pretty cool person in my opinion.

Wow that camera man being a pervert on a cooking show... Clumsy Haruka makes Chihaya happy :D. Nice singing voice Chihaya. At least the cooking show prove to be successful.

Feb 22, 2014 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
Chihaya is a real honest and straightforward person, and her singing was really stunning and had me blown away. That frog show was nuts, jeez those peeping tom cameras. Takane cracked me up with her "geropa" antics.
Mar 11, 2014 8:45 PM

May 2012
Not the best concept to put this soon in the series but it was alright!
Mar 28, 2014 2:05 AM

Aug 2013
All those panty shots camera...if I was Chihaya I'd be pretty irritated too. Sadly as an aspiring idol, you just have to put up with it >_<

Takane's slowly climbing in my favorites ranks :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 16, 2014 12:50 AM

Oct 2012
Oh Takaneeeee!!
What're you going to do with that frog suit's head? xD

Oh Chihaya :(
She's a bit tsundere afterall (especially @ preview)

Next ep... Umii daaa!!!
Fanservice time
Rayl1ghtApr 16, 2014 12:54 AM
"Signature removed"
Apr 17, 2014 11:03 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I feel for Chihaya, she really wants to sing but sadly she's limiting herself to just that, singing. A producer wouldn't want an idol that can only sing, no he'd want a versatile idol that has charisma, personality, and can sing. She's a hard idol to manage that's for sure, but that's an even bigger goal for the producer, to improve her qualities.

That aside I never even knew what durian was until now. I read an article on the smell by durian and apparently it's caused quite a havoc. http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/durian-odour-triggers-patient-evacuation-at-melbourne-hospital

I also know of a fruit in Mexico that came to my mind based on how similar both durian and the fruit in Mexico are. That fruit is chayote which is green in color and also has a rough spiky texture. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0OBNDLkitMI/SqPyMybeahI/AAAAAAAAArI/xf8o-bHSqA0/s400/P8070609.jpg

Jul 7, 2014 6:58 AM
Mar 2013
Ugh, what was the cameraman doing filming Haruka and Chihaya like that? I can understand Chihaya’s annoyance. It’s good that she still went through with the program but I personally would never watch that Gero channel.

Lol, Haruka seems to be the resident klutz of the group. I think she might be better off wearing normal shoes instead of high heels.

Hmm, so the second mystery ingredient was Durian. I remember them being quite tasty last time I checked. Then again, I haven’t tried them in such a long time I’ve forgotten the taste.

Poor Takane! C’mon Producer, look at how sad she is. Just let her take the Frog head home with her ^_^
Aug 10, 2014 1:03 AM

Jun 2012
Well it's not like I didn't before, but I have a lot of respect for Chihaya.
I like Takane's manner of speaking haha.

That was great, looking forward to more moe.

Aug 12, 2014 1:36 AM

Nov 2012
I loved this episode. First off, Otome yo taishi o idake!! is one of my favorites. Second, the episode was focused on a couple of my favorite characters, and the cooking show was pretty neat.
Nov 9, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2013
good episode
Nov 25, 2014 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
I would say the beginning verve view is a bit lowered, but remains accessible narrative; I hope, however, that the best.
As should also enhance the level of the drawings.
Plot that does not disappoint much.
Very nice ending.
May 23, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
Wow the ED is amazing!
Jul 28, 2015 10:46 AM

Mar 2008
Ousto said:
I would beg to differ and say that Azusa has the best voice, and she can do the cutesy songs too. /Azusa fanboy

But Chihaya, Makoto, Takane, and Azusa are up there with having the best singing in the games. Chihaya sounds like a robot when she tries to do the happy songs lolol

This.
I love Azusa's voice and my favorite song of hers has got to be the whiskey song.
After that is Takane then Chihaya.
Sep 23, 2015 10:31 AM

Sep 2014
Overall it was a good Episode.
Right from Episode 1, I'm rooting for Chihaya and Takane.

And that ED is Amazing. Good Luck Chihaya
Sep 1, 2016 2:17 AM

May 2010
Kisaragi was a boss there, that wasn't laughable. Also the way the cameraman was after pantsu-shots was annoying, too. But I guess that's expected from idols. I like the direction this show is taking.

Chihaya's singing was nice. Good that she was able to enjoy her cooking.
I really felt this episode's message. Another great episode.
Nov 4, 2016 11:43 PM

Sep 2013
Much better episode than the first three. It wasn't quite as inane as previous episodes. Some of the girls actually seemed more intelligent than a lobotomized chimpanzee. Hopefully, they are done establishing the fact that these are cute girls and they'll start developing their characters a bit from this point forward.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 9, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 2015
I thought the last episode was a bit of a mixed bag. But this one found its footing better. Maybe the series just does better focusing on a small group of the girls. Rather than trying to incorporate them all into a big story. While this episode prominently featured Haruka, Takane and Hibiki the focus was undoubtedly Chihaya. Who grows weary of doing stupid fodder promotional work to be an idol when all she wants to do is sing.

Really the episode doesn't do much of an arc with her. Nor is their much resolution. She just kind of tries harder in the second half of the cooking show. Because I guess she's impressed by the Producer actually caring about her singing? And she gets a little closer to the others especially her partner in the game show Haruka.

So after all that I guess I was just kind of surprised by the end. Which states in pretty on the nose terms, the Producer still has a lot to learn. Just how much focus will each girl get in this series? Will some get focused on more than others? I wonder. Really good ED this time. Not even necessarily just the song but the ED itself looked really cool.
Aug 23, 2017 3:23 AM

Jul 2015
That moment when being a villain from Detective Conan doesn't get paid enough so you have to move a freaking frog doll in a TV program.

Takane trying to keep the frog costume was adorable, gero-pah~

I can't blame Chihaya, as an idol, singing should be her main objective, so going there to not do that kinda sucks, and... yeah, I know, this helps raising popularity, but let's be honest, that TV program was... uhhh...

It would be cool if the anime touches the subject of Chihaya living by herself. I also find interesting how Producer didn't know about her situation, he's doing a solid job so far, but he still has a lot to learn about the girls to fully connect with them.
Feb 4, 2018 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
I do not appreciate the ribbit guys sexualizing our pure idols! Seeing them do that made me sad. And then seeing Chihaya nearly get in trouble for standing up to them... I guess it's the business, what can you do.

I gained a new appreciation for Chihaya this episode! I thought she was edgy and one note before, but this episode changed that perception. She's just a cute, introverted, and awkward girl who lives alone and doesn't know how to fit in, yet is driven by an ambition which is hard to maintain. I can't wait to see more of her. :) It seems she is already quite grateful for the support and encouragement producer-san gave her so we're heading in a good direction.

Takane, as always, made me laugh a ridiculous amount. Her fascination with the frog outfit to the point of attempted robbery of it, and sitting in front of a mirror mesmerized was great. But the line that really made me laugh uncontrollably was when asked if she thought her team would win and she responded "Only God knows who will emerge victorious, but I will try my best".

Lastly, another good side of this anime I hadn't even thought of until this episode was the gradual improvement and success of their idol business. This is both a pure and wholesome exploration of a large cast with problems reflecting them personally, and a gradual journey of an idol group from the ground up, that's really cool!
Jun 17, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2018
I see, so each episode focuses on a different girl, and each ED shows that girl's personality trait in musical form! I have 2000 IQ I swear
Jul 7, 2020 2:36 PM

Aug 2015
So far, Chihaya is my fa. Hope there is more of her in the series.
Fuck that camera guy (although that makes it real)
Nov 15, 2020 9:12 AM
Sep 2019
This episode was trying to say something but ended up not really saying anything in the end. I guess it was a subtle criticism of the sexualization and exploitation of minors in Japanese media, but it never feels like that for longer than the few seconds Chihaya shut down the puppet. You’re not really supposed to feel like what the cameraman is doing is right, but the show just kinda shrugs it off with a “it can’t be helped, that’s showbusiness.” Which, yes, is realistically what the attitude is like in the industry; but if the show is willing to engage in criticism of that same industry, then there’s not an excuse for the passive and unclear storytelling.

I like Chihaya a lot. She feels like a real person, which is a nice contrast in this cast of extremely imaginative characters. Beautiful singing voice, beautiful song and ED. Her frustrations are real and understandable, and I want to know more about her.

Takane is just so entertaining.
Aug 28, 2021 10:24 AM

Aug 2018
Do people even watch TV nowadays?.. Well, some do, I imagine.. But isn't internet just so much more better to enjoy all kinds of content?.. Movies, talk or game shows, anything - you name it.. It's reachable on the internet.. And no commercial breaks or some other random time waste.. I have no idea, if now people are watching less TV.. But I don't do that at all, to be honest.. Even if I used to before..
Oct 29, 2023 12:38 AM
Sep 2020
cooking EP. kinda vibing with it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.