Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No. 6
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 30, 2011 3:45 AM
Jul 2011
anaaga said:
SkyHigh said:
The genius' are booksmart but know nothing of the world, I guess to her it was just a simple biological action, mating that is :P.

So she just went straight out and asked for his sperm, I must admit she is pretty damn sly.... 8-)

I actually like Safu though, I really have no idea why either, but she is just likeable to me, however I guess to a large majority of the yaoi/bl lovers here she is seen as an enemy and a figure of hate as seen a few pages back, talking about immaturity in regards to dropping the show, people should learn not to bash characters for no reason either.

Safu is all right, I don't have anything against her. I think she's pretty amusing, actually.
Don't know why people don't like Safu. She's not doing anything bad D: All she did was, um, as for a guy's sperm...

it's quite obvious the hate stems from the fact that, She likes Shion and for some reason the Yaoi fans really don't like that, perhaps there are a few who dislike her for another reason, but really they probably see her as a threat, which isn't warranted, to be honest this has more chance of ending BL than anything else.

Asking for sperm is just how she expresses herself :D quite unique I think

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Jul 30, 2011 4:32 AM

Jun 2008
SkyHigh said:

it's quite obvious the hate stems from the fact that, She likes Shion and for some reason the Yaoi fans really don't like that, perhaps there are a few who dislike her for another reason, but really they probably see her as a threat, which isn't warranted, to be honest this has more chance of ending BL than anything else.

Asking for sperm is just how she expresses herself :D quite unique I think

Well ofc, that´s true, yaoi fangirls do not like to see our OTP becoming a threesome, but that happens not just in yaoi. that happens in every anime of every genre, and for all fans, not just fangirls. If you have a fav pairing, you´ll certainly dislike to see the protagonist ending with another character that was not your fav. some may accept that (like me) but ofc, it does bring some insatisfaction. Others will refuse to accept it XD
Personally i like Safu and think she should not be bashed, although like i said before, im Nezumi x Shion FTW.
The bitch on this ep grabbing and kissing Shion, that one should be bashed because she stole his first kiss for money.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 30, 2011 6:58 AM

Jul 2011
ROOMA4HELL said:
Yaoi vibes >.> I think i should drop it but the action is its only saving grace for me

I've been sensing that from the beginning. I'm really hoping it doesn't go there, but after reading all these reviews, I'm assuming it will. I guess I'll just close my eyes when it happens, because the story is too good for a little yaoi to ruin it.
Jul 30, 2011 7:20 AM

Jul 2011
All these discussions spiraling into topics of homosexuality and homophobia - might as well throw in my two cents.

It's pretty evident where the plot's heading at this point, I'll give it that.

I'd understand the sentiment of "drop the BL" if it was there for the fanservice, except it isn't.
What we have here, aside from the dystopian plot, is a meaningfully written bond between two vastly different people ; regardless of their gender.
To say that you wouldn't appreciate the show because of some BL content, for whatever reason you may have, would be like saying you appreciate other shows because they're heterosexual.
After all, they all more or less have a plot - and so does this one.

A lot of people diss the show for the BL-tones, and others only watch it for that.
I find both sides baseless ; the story and relationship aspect isn't something you should disregard or approve of only because of your own sexual preferences, and if you're only watching or dropping a show because of that - then that's your problem.

This guy here hit the nail in the last part of this review; http://thecartdriver.com/no-6-episode-1/

Peace out.
Jul 30, 2011 11:13 AM
May 2011
I really like this series but, I see it has it's alot of bromance moments lol xD
but don't you guys think Sion and Nezumi had sort of a indirect kiss when "The whore" made out with Sion then Nezumi made out with "The whore" xD?

...just my way of seeing things :3
ban1o.jpg
Jul 30, 2011 1:05 PM

Sep 2010
You guys do know that bromances are not romantic right? Or are ya'll going to change the meaning of that word to fit this show?

Jul 30, 2011 2:29 PM

Jun 2011
the best episode so far
Jul 30, 2011 2:32 PM

Jun 2011
RyuKirin said:
I really like this series but, I see it has it's alot of bromance moments lol xD
but don't you guys think Sion and Nezumi had sort of a indirect kiss when "The whore" made out with Sion then Nezumi made out with "The whore" xD?

...just my way of seeing things :3

what you`re saying is true it has a lot of bromance moments
Jul 30, 2011 4:32 PM
Jun 2008
and people deny this Anime is BL when it is mention in episode 1 forum lol
yeah, this is not a BL anime coz there is no yaoi tag in it and it will not have one even the series end .

I was a comedy for me thou... this Anime. 

triangle relation 5/5
MorningGloryJul 30, 2011 4:39 PM
Jul 30, 2011 6:17 PM

Apr 2007
ITT jealous girls hating on Safu because she has a chance of "stealing" MC from Rat.

Well, Im only watching for the setting. The interpersonal drama is pretty boring.
Blergh.
Jul 30, 2011 6:54 PM

Sep 2009
Awww.. so many scenes in that episode I really want to watch over and over again.
I'm curious how the story will go on cause it's already the 4th episode and I can't see something special happen.. and next episode seems to be a fanservice episode as well.. I mean Nezumi aka Eve :DD That said enough..
But I have to say I really like the Anime like it is now.. love this bromance with a pinch of shounen ai :x

Jul 30, 2011 8:36 PM

Jan 2011
Every time Shion does something stupid, Nezumi spents several minutes complaining about that Shion is stupid and should try to fit in and that he will die or whatever, but when he actually tries to understand stuff and asks him he is like "don't bother me".

I noticed that in some other Animes as well, and it's really stupid. I mean, it happens in real life, too, but usually not as extrem. If everyone is like that, you can only learn from observation (which often leads to weird results, depending on the subject and how much you already know) and from making all those mistakes (which everyone wants to prevent...?)

It's a vicious circle.

They don't know stuff -> they make mistakes -> they get yelled at for making mistakes -> they want to know stuff -> nobody cares to explain -> they don't know stuff.. and so on.

It would be easier and faster to explain at least some things.
Jul 30, 2011 8:56 PM

Aug 2010
anaaga said:
SkyHigh said:
The genius' are booksmart but know nothing of the world, I guess to her it was just a simple biological action, mating that is :P.

So she just went straight out and asked for his sperm, I must admit she is pretty damn sly.... 8-)

I actually like Safu though, I really have no idea why either, but she is just likeable to me, however I guess to a large majority of the yaoi/bl lovers here she is seen as an enemy and a figure of hate as seen a few pages back, talking about immaturity in regards to dropping the show, people should learn not to bash characters for no reason either.

Safu is all right, I don't have anything against her. I think she's pretty amusing, actually.
Don't know why people don't like Safu. She's not doing anything bad D: All she did was, um, as for a guy's sperm...

Personally I think shes trying too hard >_>; then again she IS the aggressive type i guess......i mean if i was shion id be frozen stiff when she asks that LOL like Skyhigh mentioned, shes a pretty unique character and we've only seen her for a mere two episodes compared to shion and nezumi so she's still somewhat new

Random note: are you THE anaaga from meta =O (i lurk there XD)

NwAurion said:
It would be easier and faster to explain at least some things.

I completely agree to this, observing often leads to misunderstandings which is not pleasant at all. I think more times than not nezumi refuses to answer shion's questions because of the whole "stranger" thing or maybe because shion's uhh lets say innocence is something nezumi never experienced from anyone else; nezumi's not used to someone asking so many questions at once lulz (and shion's also quite stubborn)
Jul 30, 2011 11:43 PM

Feb 2008
Nezumi is such a pimp. First, he claims that Shion belongs to him, and then he makes out with a whore.

Having Eve as a stage name just makes me think of Parasite Eve.

Also, the home life of Shion and Nezumi amuses me. Shion's like a housewife cooking dinner, and Nezumi's an abusive husband.

Jul 31, 2011 6:42 AM

Nov 2009
Argh I really hate to drop this anime but the yaoi/shounen ai vibes are just too much for me to continue watching this. Shion being so annoying character aint helping either.
Jul 31, 2011 7:07 AM

Jul 2011
i dont understand why all the fangirls think that nezumi is so AWESOME..
i hate him, he is so full of himself and cocky,
i really love BL, but somehow i want Shion to go back with Safu, just to see that asshole Nezumi suffer from unrequited love,
and also..
13man18 said:
I think that was messed up when Nezumi insulted her mother, even though it's a dog, it's still messed up.

yeah, he DIDN'T even need to do that! why'd he feels the need to insult her mother?!! jerk.

i hope they'll focus more on the plot, i want to know more about Shion's mother, and of course the city.
and also, i don't want some asshole like nezumi/rat/whore/crossdressing-slut/eve enjoy the innocent sweetheart Shion's body
Jul 31, 2011 7:23 AM

Jan 2008
Generally, I don't read nor spend time on discussion thread but this series made me do after watching the episode. I have so much fun reading posts from BL fans...and also those from anti-BL ones e.g. one like this:

Wasabi said:
This is starting to get disappointing. I came in expecting some decent sci-fi shit almost along the lines of Ergo Proxy and the like but instead I'm being forcefed some bromance with this annoying white haired kid. Doesn't help that half the posts in the episode threads are all "KYYYAAAAAAAA NEZUMI KISSED A GIRL~ DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE ONLY SHIONXNEZUMI KAWAII"

This is ROFL... made me laugh really hard on the last part. I won't deny I love the BL undertones thrown in this show but I can't help laughing when someone points out these BL stuffs.

Hmm, I'm curious about everything in this show. It's rare for me to seek the manga counterpart. *imma go seeking for it now*
Jul 31, 2011 7:44 AM

May 2009
"You can keep the change" > It's official. I'm a little bit in love with Nezumi. (This is how bad boys win the ladies/men. Seriously.)

The final scene with Shion's mother had me tearing up - it was beautiful.
Jul 31, 2011 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
AddleBoy said:

Also, the home life of Shion and Nezumi amuses me. Shion's like a housewife cooking dinner, and Nezumi's an abusive husband.

I was thinking the same thing! ^_^
Jul 31, 2011 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
otakuthon49 said:
Something about this series is giving it close to dropping it. It's the dreary BL instincts in this episode.

Otherwise, not a bad episode.

Are you kidding me. Fuck the BL shit, this episode was bad as an episode all together.
It was the worst until now.
No progress at all and that fight with the dog lady made no sense whatsoever.
Jul 31, 2011 2:21 PM

Jul 2010
OMGGGG I HAD A FCKING HEART ATTACK!!! When Nezumi said "He belongs to me" <3<3<3<3<3 But I was like GRRRR don't go kiss someone else in front of Sion you BAKA Nezumi!

Omgg I couldn't believe it when that old pervert proposed Nezumi to whore himself out >.< Like he would ever abandon Sion! But I was like omg goooo Sion, protect Nezumi's innocence, seems like he can get mad too :)

Nezumi, you don't have to act like you and Sion are strangers after he saved you and you saved him a couple of times... And you have to realize that Sion doesn't want to kill, especially not you... why would he want to know more about you if he disliked you?

Jeaoulus Nezumi!!! _O_ I totally love this episode, it shows how much influence Sion has on Nezumi (even though he keeps telling himself and others it isn't like that) <3

"I find myself drawn to you" Sion, you just made my heart melt <3
Jul 31, 2011 7:29 PM
Dec 2010
I found this episode to be the weakest yet. It was choppy, random, and it didn't advance the plot in a fast enough manner to satisfy me. Even though I'm enjoying the shounen ai undertones, I think this anime is going to disappoint me. No matter how much I enjoy BL, the story is the most important aspect for me in anime.
Jul 31, 2011 10:17 PM

Jun 2009
i really like this anime it has a pretty interesting story and setting...but this bromance man...they need to bring back the girl that wants sperm lol

im just saying they should stay away from scenes from shion cuz hes a bitch and his character is so annoying
Jul 31, 2011 10:53 PM

Apr 2009
LOL @ Shion and Nezumi antics. ^_^;
Aug 1, 2011 5:33 AM

Aug 2008
This might be an incredibly silly question but is Inukashi male or female? At first I thought he/she was female because of the long hair and feminine voice but he/she uses masculine speech which has just confused the hell out of me.
Aug 1, 2011 9:48 AM
May 2011
Rei-chan said:
This might be an incredibly silly question but is Inukashi male or female? At first I thought he/she was female because of the long hair and feminine voice but he/she uses masculine speech which has just confused the hell out of me.

I'm not sure if it's completely verified that she's female or male because some sites say that her gender is unknown whereas some say she's female.
I guess I'll just stick to her being female and is just masculine like that because she had a tough childhood.
Aug 1, 2011 10:08 AM

Jul 2011
I'm a guy. I'm straight, and I'm enjoying every single aspect of this anime.
When the first episode started I was more put off by the story than the shounen-ai foreshadowing. I would have been disappointed if the story only focused on some sort of fugitive theme. But then the second episode made me regret doubting this anime, the story so far has been fantastic; I'm also pretty certain that I was close to tears towards the end of this episode with the Shion's mom scene.

I can't wait until the next episode. I really do hope that the 11 episode limit won't ruin this anime.
Aug 1, 2011 1:10 PM

Apr 2009
Lieila said:
Generally, I don't read nor spend time on discussion thread but this series made me do after watching the episode. I have so much fun reading posts from BL fans...and also those from anti-BL ones e.g. one like this:

Wasabi said:
This is starting to get disappointing. I came in expecting some decent sci-fi shit almost along the lines of Ergo Proxy and the like but instead I'm being forcefed some bromance with this annoying white haired kid. Doesn't help that half the posts in the episode threads are all "KYYYAAAAAAAA NEZUMI KISSED A GIRL~ DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE ONLY SHIONXNEZUMI KAWAII"

This is ROFL... made me laugh really hard on the last part. I won't deny I love the BL undertones thrown in this show but I can't help laughing when someone points out these BL stuffs.

Actually that's the only reason why I read the posts from both sides of the fence for this series, for the laughs. Don't care much about the BL atmosphere though.

Anyway it was a slow episode but there's a lot of info in this one. Nezumi works in theater with the stage name "Eve" and he apparently can sing. XD I though the settlement outside No.6 were just slums last episode, I'm surprised it's actually a small city or a town in it's own right. I find the last part with Shion's mother saddening too.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 2, 2011 3:02 AM
Jul 2011
azurenight said:
I found this episode to be the weakest yet. It was choppy, random, and it didn't advance the plot in a fast enough manner to satisfy me. Even though I'm enjoying the shounen ai undertones, I think this anime is going to disappoint me. No matter how much I enjoy BL, the story is the most important aspect for me in anime.

You are a shining light which shows the non-obssessive side of BL fans, though rare a few exist as you have proven, unlike most of the posters here -.-

I wish people would actually discuss the plot instead of having yaoigasms everywhere, I'm also hoping for an episode which gets back to the plot so I can finally give an episode 5/5

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Aug 2, 2011 6:36 AM

Dec 2009
Shion throws everyone out of wack~ <3
It was interesting seeing him angry.
good episode~
Aug 2, 2011 1:59 PM

Apr 2011
I had a nice long comment on the episode but then I heard the extended ED and forgot everything.

Aimer ftw <3
Aug 3, 2011 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
Ignoring all the "omg this is gonna be yaoi!" cries, this episode was still piss poor.
Aug 3, 2011 4:00 PM

Sep 2009
keikanna44 said:
I enjoyed this episode. You got to see some more of Nezumi's personality and Sion flip out on that dude! I didn't know the kid had it in him. ^_^

My favorite line "He belongs to me" Darn right! That whore never stood a chance. lol

Looking forward to the next episode and yeah that "girl" on the bed was Nezumi. You can tell by looking.

Side Note: I'm sick of Safu. I hope she dies...or something...
Nezumi have it in him. This episode is really pretty much shounen-ai...i hope they can tone it down. Whats with the girl on the bed? omg lol.
Aug 3, 2011 7:13 PM

Jun 2008
shinki7 said:
Nezumi have it in him. This episode is really pretty much shounen-ai...i hope they can tone it down. Whats with the girl on the bed? omg lol.

When I first saw her I thought it was Nezumi as a girl or something lol. He's secretly a girl thought process ahaha. I'm stupid.

This was a cute episode too :3
I really don't like that dog keeper girl, she's annoying :/
And That kiss lolol He's so straightforward with the screw you attitude xD
Aug 3, 2011 10:02 PM

Jul 2009
zimno said:
homo homo homo homo...
Aug 4, 2011 10:45 AM
Nov 2008
I give up. I tried giving No 6 the benefit of the doubt, but the few pros it had going for it just don't outweigh the cons. Shion is a horrid character. He acts like he's 8 years old, and people always gawk at him like he's done something amazing. The other characters aren't bad, but they're nothing to rave about. And the plot is so painfully obvious (NO 6 IS ACTUALLY BAD OH NOES!!!), I'm pretty sure they couldn't throw anything out there that would surprise me. No 6 is officially the first noitaminA show I've dropped since Trapeze. Have fun guys.
Aug 4, 2011 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
Thalandor46 said:
I give up. I tried giving No 6 the benefit of the doubt, but the few pros it had going for it just don't outweigh the cons. Shion is a horrid character. He acts like he's 8 years old, and people always gawk at him like he's done something amazing. The other characters aren't bad, but they're nothing to rave about. And the plot is so painfully obvious (NO 6 IS ACTUALLY BAD OH NOES!!!), I'm pretty sure they couldn't throw anything out there that would surprise me. No 6 is officially the first noitaminA show I've dropped since Trapeze. Have fun guys.

everything you said is irrelevant since you said you dropped such an amazing anime like Trapeze
Aug 5, 2011 1:06 PM

Feb 2010
Thalandor46 said:

Shion does act very immature and I think it has something to do with how..open-minded and curious he is. Always asking questions like a child...sometimes ones with an obvious answer. Also, in what way is the plot obvious? Yes, there's an epidemic and there are a lot of people dying, but what the heck is Shion and Nezumi going to do about it? Is Shion going to help out and Nezumi becomes his enemy just because he says he would? Do you know how they'll end up and what will become of No. 6?

I dropped Uta no Prince-sama because it had a bad plot. Uta no Prince-sama. That's a reverse-harem so there's obviously a typical plot. In what way is the plot of No. 6 obvious? What you're saying makes no sense.

Acquiesc3 said:
Ignoring all the "omg this is gonna be yaoi!" cries, this episode was still piss poor.

I highly doubt it will be yaoi since that would be for mature audiences only,
but I think it's already kind of shounen-ai. There are way too many hints of it.
EarlCielAug 5, 2011 1:11 PM
Aug 5, 2011 3:47 PM
Nov 2008
millo said:
everything you said is irrelevant since you said you dropped such an amazing anime like Trapeze

I found the doctor to be annoying in all 3 forms, I didn't think any of the cases were particularly interesting, and I felt like the only thing the show had going for it was its oddball visual style, which didn't make up for what I thought was otherwise lacking.

Plus I'm terrified of needles <_<

That's all I'm gonna say on the matter, no need to derail a topic about a completely different series.

EarlCiel said:
Also, in what way is the plot obvious? Yes, there's an epidemic and there are a lot of people dying, but what the heck is Shion and Nezumi going to do about it? Is Shion going to help out and Nezumi becomes his enemy just because he says he would? Do you know how they'll end up and what will become of No. 6?

I dropped Uta no Prince-sama because it had a bad plot. Uta no Prince-sama. That's a reverse-harem so there's obviously a typical plot. In what way is the plot of No. 6 obvious? What you're saying makes no sense.

The following has no basis other than my own personal opinion, spoilers if you're afraid that I will be right.

If my high level expectations end up wrong, or if your a fan of the details of how all this will come to be, then by all means enjoy the show. I've just decided not to bother.
Aug 5, 2011 10:21 PM

Feb 2009
Hehehehe so it was that kind of anime after all. I am glad I need my dose of shounen-ai this season.
Aug 6, 2011 4:36 AM

Mar 2010
I kind of dislike BL but if it's those two .. im kinda fine with it.. D:
Aug 12, 2011 5:15 AM

Sep 2008
I'm becoming a little disappointed at the lack of progress over the past 2 episodes.

This is only 11 episodes and with a setting and story like this, they shouldn't be wasting so much time.
Aug 31, 2011 4:40 PM

Dec 2010
I was surprised to see the dogkeeper's effort to kill Nezumi... I mean, come on!?
Shion... yeah, he's naive beyond my worst expectations. He almost killed someone just because he insulted Nezumi... yeah, right.
Nezumi... I see him like Uchiha Sasuke, if Sasuke had lived differently(he never knew his brother killed his family, never got revenge on him, etc.). His outlook too, yeah!
Nov 12, 2011 6:13 PM

Mar 2011
I wasn't sure I'd like this based on some of the reviews I read but I am so glad I picked it up! I'm loving it so far!
Jan 19, 2012 4:03 AM

Mar 2010
NEZUMI IS SO TSUN TSUN!!! PFFTTT!! HNNGGGGG!! X'3♥♥

I love how Shion went crazy for probably the first time in his little life too~♥
Too flippin cute~;w;

Aug 22, 2012 9:24 AM

Aug 2010
SO GAY
Nov 26, 2012 3:11 AM
Dec 2011
LOVE this show

Want to talk more about it message me!

((I am fangirling silently.. HEHEH))
Jun 29, 2013 4:41 AM

Sep 2012
i'm on 4th episode and i already think this show is underrated.
opening and song are great <3 nuff said!!
sorashikaJun 29, 2013 3:39 PM
私の力はあなたの理解を超えています
Aug 4, 2013 9:14 AM

Jun 2013
I never thought I would get obsessed with this anime...but the plot is just so awesome ;~;
Dec 7, 2013 6:31 PM

Sep 2012
"Keep the change"

That was the most badass thing I have seen in a long time.

Man, this show's threads are just a goldmine of crybaby fucking whiny people. Jesus Christ.
Red_KeysDec 7, 2013 6:37 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » No.6 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

432 by Tacticianrt »»
Mar 25, 10:03 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 11, 2011

166 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

120 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 14, 2011

161 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » No.6 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

241 by SouthRzVa »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.