Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2011 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
Intense episode, the best scene in my opinion was Rin's slashing of Amaimon's "resting clock". I did not expect that. Looking forward to how Mephisto will deal with this out of control Rin. I'm still having a bit of reservation regarding the choreography of the fights. It's flashy, but the movements concentrate too much on power with little skills, and it gets boring at times. Nevertheless, I'm still anticipating each episode greatly.
Jul 24, 2011 10:19 AM

Nov 2007
PseudoJord said:
I'm still having a bit of reservation regarding the choreography of the fights. It's flashy, but the movements concentrate too much on power with little skills, and it gets boring at times.
But that's the thing, Rin has no skills. Add to the fact he's gone berserk means his fighting won't have any proper technique, just wild brandishing. Amaimon himself fights for fun so I doubt he'd care much about any of that either.
Jul 24, 2011 10:29 AM

Jun 2010
The fight was awesome. I think there was plenty of things he could've done other than taking out his flames, but that wouldn't make the story any interesting or would it.

Jul 24, 2011 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
awesome ep. i wasnt expecting Rin to loose control. cant wait for next;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 24, 2011 10:58 AM
Jul 2010
filachan said:
Lotte260 said:

But I was wondering, just as mentioned above. Did Rin's friends even realise he is the son of Satan? I think they didn't.. Well, maybe Bon..?

My guess is that they haven't really realized that, but could only start suspecting as it was too sudden for them. I mean, they were a step away from death when dealt with Amaimon, so we'll receive the whole lot of their realization in the next ep. Can't wait, can't wait!

DO any of you watch next episode preview at the end of the episode? in preview someone starts saying about execution of son of Satan, so we can conclude, that everyone noticed that Rin is son of Satan.
Jul 24, 2011 10:59 AM

Sep 2009
Kantarou said:
But that's the thing, Rin has no skills. Add to the fact he's gone berserk means his fighting won't have any proper technique, just wild brandishing. Amaimon himself fights for fun so I doubt he'd care much about any of that either.
I'm not saying there aren't excuses, but nevertheless it's not very interesting to watch.
Jul 24, 2011 11:10 AM

Aug 2008
one of the best episodes so far, the fight scene was awesome!
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Jul 24, 2011 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
great episode. this is really one of the few anime i'm enjoying watching right now. and i, for one, really hope amaimon isn't dead. villians aren't automatically bad characters, and i find him to be particularly interesting, and rather funny.

Lightyear8684 said:
DO any of you watch next episode preview at the end of the episode? in preview someone starts saying about execution of son of Satan, so we can conclude, that everyone noticed that Rin is son of Satan.

as someone who watched the next ep preview, i would like to say that i don't think it's for sure that the others understand exactly what they witnessed. the preview shows us a high ranking exorcist who figured it out. rin's classmates are not nearly on his level. it's sort of like saying someone who knows basic math could figure out a complicated algebra problem. they've definitely got some pieces of the puzzle, but it's doubtful that they've been able to figure out just how they all fit together.

Papander said:
The song that was playing in the beginning during the recap, anyone know what it was?

i'm about 99% sure the song that was playing was Exorcist Concerto First Movement Me & Creed by Mika Kobayashi from the original soundtrack. :3
Jul 24, 2011 11:37 AM

Feb 2008
very nicely done. the fight was very enjoyable.

they only recognize the blue flame so they thought something was happening TO him not that he was anything like the son of satan. it would be absurd to even think that if you didn't know.

but still, the commercial at the beginning was just too funny. props for them to use classical music like that.

PseudoJord said:
Kantarou said:
I'm not saying there aren't excuses, but nevertheless it's not very interesting to watch.

rin's success in this fight came from simply overwhelming power rather than skill. Amaimon never really fights with any real method or tactics. he is an eccentric to begin with and that is also demonstrated in his fighting style. Rin is actually more powerful than he is now, the sword and sheath serves to keep his powers in check. if they were to be destroyed its likely all his flames would come at in full force.
Jul 24, 2011 11:45 AM

Mar 2010
I don't understand why the headmaster wanted to expose Rin's secret ...
and the headmaster is demon too.. how can they even let him be a headmaster in the first place?

can anyone tell please?
Jul 24, 2011 11:47 AM

Jan 2010
If it weren't for the completely unnecessary and long recap at the beginning, this episode would have been perfect. The animation in this show is amazing and fits the atmosphere wonderfully, and that fight really showed off everything A-1 can do with this this show.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jul 24, 2011 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
Finally Rin shows hidden power of demon.
Jul 24, 2011 11:52 AM
Mar 2010
Papander said:
The song that was playing in the beginning during the recap, anyone know what it was?

I think its called Me & Creed. But its in the OST, i highly recommend the OST for this show.
Jul 24, 2011 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
Yo! I just cant hate Amaimon! XDDD

Hes so cute and funny!!! XDDD

And I ship Amaimon x Shiemi so BADDD!!!! <33

I read the manga, and Im not looking forward to the next couple of episodes..
Jul 24, 2011 12:06 PM

Jun 2010
O...M...G... That was freaking Epic!

Jul 24, 2011 12:22 PM

Dec 2009
Shit got real

best anime episode I have seen for a while
yuno6.jpg
Jul 24, 2011 12:33 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I love this anime even more now! kinda reminds me of Naruto kyuubi and Ichigo hollow !!! But epic fight! Damn i wanna more than 25 eps -.- but i guess there will be second season then! THERE HAS TO BE!!! -.- Fcking love that anime

And lol at commercial xD I thought it was trailer of new anime xD then suddenly GIn popped up there xD Mby next arc trailer? Or just random.
Jul 24, 2011 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
HOLY FUCK. GG.
Jul 24, 2011 12:37 PM

Oct 2009
Everything just happened in a matter of this episode... Rin has officially began to lose control of his flames.

And when was Gin part of Ao no Exorcist... wait, it was a commerical. O_O.

Jul 24, 2011 12:46 PM

Apr 2008
Why why why does it has to end this sudden! Oh God! x( The episodes are becoming shorter and shorter.. half of the episode was recap anyway.. (not mentioning Gintama break. I was happy to see it.. x))

*cough* off topic *cough*
The music playing at the recap (which is in the Ao No Exorcist OST) was pretty much like a song by a group named 30 Seconds to Mars.. x)

First Movement Me & Creed by Sawano Hiroyuki
http://snd.sc/rk01wt

This is War by 30 Seconds to Mars
http://snd.sc/qei6sh

I loved the soundtrack of AOE. His work is amazing. Even some of them are almost Daft Punk'ish xD
Jul 24, 2011 12:50 PM

Aug 2010
Best episode so far.
Jul 24, 2011 12:58 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, I was wondering why in the hell Gintama was doing a crossover in this episode ... then realized it was a commercial. Both for his anime and for seperating your trash, apparently. :P For others watching the GG sub, wtf was with the monkeys at the end? What was that even advertising?

kisami said:
very nicely done. the fight was very enjoyable.

they only recognize the blue flame so they thought something was happening TO him not that he was anything like the son of satan. it would be absurd to even think that if you didn't know.

Yeah, except Bon recognized the sword he was using, and is enough of a genius to figure he's harnessing Satan's energy.

An awesome fight, best one we've seen in this show so far. Amaimon's 'death' was intentionally left ambiguous I'm sure, so they can return him or not as they need. I was also glad to see the long-awaited reveal of his flames. I'm sure his friends will shun him for awhile, especially Bon, but they'll pull back together in the end. Next episode a new assassin from the Vatican's coming after Rin, and it looks to be that guy with the huge-ass sword from the OP. I wonder how he'll fare with his sword in Mephisto's hands and his friends terrified of his powers.

5/5
Blind_GuardianJul 24, 2011 2:37 PM
Jul 24, 2011 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
Best episode we'll get of this show, this season at least.
Jul 24, 2011 1:05 PM
Feb 2008
Wow, this episode was suprisingly good. Hope the following eps will be on the same level.
Jul 24, 2011 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
Eluvie said:
The music playing at the recap (which is in the Ao No Exorcist OST) was pretty much like a song by a group named 30 Seconds to Mars.. x)

I loved the soundtrack of AOE. His work is amazing. Even some of them are almost Daft Punk'ish xD
They sure sound similar, son't they? I was wondering if it was just my brain doing weird things again >.<
An the soundtrack is absolutely awesome. It's the first time that I really loved each and every track o__O
Jul 24, 2011 1:30 PM

Apr 2008
RulenneClarissa said:
Eluvie said:

They sure sound similar, son't they? I was wondering if it was just my brain doing weird things again >.<
An the soundtrack is absolutely awesome. It's the first time that I really loved each and every track o__O

Yes and it is so important for you to like the soundtrack in order to enjoy the whole animation sequence.. =)
I also love Sagisu Shirou (Bleach), Senju Akira (FMA Brotherhood), Kajiura Yuki (Kara no Kyoukai) and a lot more..

Composer love! x) <3
Jul 24, 2011 1:35 PM

Jun 2011
this episode was epic.
Iwant to see the next one and ai want to know how his friends react
Jul 24, 2011 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
HOLY CRAP, that was epic!! I can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 24, 2011 1:39 PM

Jun 2009
St_Ranger said:
tsubasalover said:
Is Amaimon dead?

Yeah, I wonder. That's disturbing. They altered the end a bit.

i dont think he is im sure the clock was a portal soo his sve in gehenna for sure
Jul 24, 2011 1:41 PM

Apr 2011
Best episode till now and Gintoki looooooool ahahaha.
Jul 24, 2011 2:01 PM

Oct 2010
This was the best battle of this series Rin VS Amaimon as a homage to Rin, I present you thee bad ass of bad asses GIFs of Rin that I did so far as follows,

That is the baddest of Rin I have seen. OMG that is insane and anyone who loves Rin can have its avatar in the spoiler

Even though it might be not well made.

Made 2 more of my favorite Rin stab on Amaimon and Izumo baptized at the infinite time (go figure GIF = constant cycle) so it’s like she is being holy watered all the time in the spoiler
PseudoJord said:
Intense episode, the best scene in my opinion was Rin's slashing of Amaimon's "resting clock". I did not expect that.
Yeah that was fabulous in the spoiler
but my favorite is the sword stab as follows,

notice the fabulous and magnificent blood burst from Amaimon. So delicious after the shit he did to Shiemi and all of what he said to her in the spoiler
I can only RAAAAGGGGE! I was like totally saying “You take that back pig shit demon” or like “I will kill you Amaimon and disintegrate to nothingness” that’s how much I hated him. Especially at the fact of the bug in the spoiler
I mean look at it, it’s freaking gross! Not to mention Shiemi will have a nasty surgical scar there. RAGE! Fucking bastard did that to Shiemi? Rage! Simple as that. Anger if you like it better.

The other one is as follows in the spoiler
now that is a “Burn Amaimon burn! Burn and burn!” How fun and satisfying it was to sing that at the same time as that scene.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 24, 2011 2:22 PM

Oct 2010
that fight scene was sooo great, i didn't want it to end. i guess the sword was cracking from Rin's over powering or some thing, and does that mean Amaimon is dead? i want to know why the headmaster is doing all of this, and he was supposed to be Rin's dads best friend right?
Jul 24, 2011 2:27 PM

Mar 2009
Ouran12 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Amaimon is shit, he may look cool and pretty boy but he is shit deep down. He would probably get rid of Mephi if he knows he could be stronger than him.

amaimon beat mephisto ? yeah right.....mephi's gotta be one of the strongest characters in this whole thing, while amaimon's just a mediocre boss. no competition, ever.

Lylaaz said:
I don't understand why the headmaster wanted to expose Rin's secret ...
and the headmaster is demon too.. how can they even let him be a headmaster in the first place?

can anyone tell please?

the biggest reason (just my opinion) would probably be because:
everything is a big, fat ass game to mephisto.
he's the observing character that loves watching how things play out, good or bad. and....the reason he's headmaster is probably some big dark secret behind the organization. idk though, just a guess.

this episode was really good, fight scenes did not disappoint. looking forward to 16 :)
Jul 24, 2011 2:34 PM

Jun 2009
My my, that was probably the best episode yet. Especially the kinda epic fight between Rin and Amaimon, i'm even more pleased with the fact that Rin lost himself there instead of turning all good and sputing bullshit about saving everyone.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 24, 2011 2:36 PM

Sep 2009
vaikepois said:
And lol at commercial xD I thought it was trailer of new anime xD then suddenly GIn popped up there xD Mby next arc trailer? Or just random.
It's a clip from one of the older episodes of Gintama <3
Really, the commercial was so random. I actually thought that my vlc player was malfunctioning or somethings XD

Amaimon=Broccoli? LOL.
Loved the fight. Rin going berserk is awesome. He looks completely crazy.
Amaimon was cute like always :3
Mephisto's flying tea party was funny.
Loved how the 2 followed Bon.

Judging by the preview, Shura must have reported the event to the higher ups. The blonde looks interesting, look wise for now.
Jul 24, 2011 2:40 PM

Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
This was the best battle of this series Rin VS Amaimon as a homage to Rin, I present you thee bad ass of bad asses GIFs of Rin that I did so far as follows,

That is the baddest of Rin I have seen. OMG that is insane and anyone who loves Rin can have its avatar in the spoiler

Even though it might be not well made.

Let me be the first to snatch it then ;) Thanks much! I've wanted an animated .gif and Rin being all badass and blue is just what the Dr ordered :)
Jul 24, 2011 2:41 PM

Sep 2010
Nearly 3 minutes of recap at the start of this episode, kind of throws off the pace if you notice that sort of thing. Further reminders of how powerless everyone except Rin as he goes all nine-tailed fox on us. The series is good but is getting very generic.

Jul 24, 2011 3:16 PM

Sep 2010
I liked this part in manga better. still good episode, fight scenes were cool. I wonder how guy with the puppet managed to complete the task alone, he was pretty much useless until now
Gintama commercial surprised me, it was both creepy and funny
Jul 24, 2011 3:23 PM

Jul 2011
OMFGGG that was the sickest episode!!!
Jul 24, 2011 3:30 PM

Apr 2010
I'm hoping that the producers didn't kill off Amaimon early due to production reasons (the cuckoo clock could have been a portal to Gehenna as mentioned earlier were hoping). They didn't portray the reasons behind why Amaimon wanted to fight with Rin as effectively as they did in the manga too.

Enjoyed seeing this fight animated!
VandesdelcaJul 24, 2011 3:38 PM
Jul 24, 2011 3:32 PM

Nov 2010
really amazing, I loved this episode =D
I wish it had more than 25 episodes xD
Jul 24, 2011 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
This episode was quite entertaining. Heck, it was so good, that I watched the fight scene 3 times.
Amazing fight scene, and Rin finally reveals his power in front of his classmates.

10/5 :D

Jul 24, 2011 3:55 PM
Dec 2007
Finally a great episode. I was waiting since episode 2 for it and I wonder what the last 12 episodes were all about, they could have easily been summarized in three or four eps (developments and characterization have been extremely shallow until now, if not non-existent) with this one being episode 6 or so... Now the real script can begin I guess.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 24, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2007
This was the best episodes in the series so far. IMO it was better than in the manga. Amaimon was a jerk and nobody likes draws. Draws are worse than losing.
Jul 24, 2011 5:02 PM

Oct 2010
lol Mephisto's expression when Okimura trash the clock was priceless

I hope they didn't kill Amaimon, he was a pretty decent character and even he used everyone around Rin like puppets he was well aware he couldnt kill any of them... cool guy hope he appears again
huh?
Jul 24, 2011 5:11 PM
Mar 2011
500/5 ! One of the best EPISODES in ANE !!
I really liked it ~ I was so excited the whole episode !
Amaimon's appearance was kinda hilarious dunno why lol
And I liked the gintama -gintoki appering- scene xDDDDD ~~ the commercial
*for those who watched gg subs*
btw ~ weren't they covered with holy water , how could amaimon touch them ..
When he kicked shima and the others , they dried really fast ? (・_・ )?
PS:WHY SHOULD amaimon have the same voice as natsu ( T ^ T )" ~ Now I can't whole-heartily accept his defeat ~ or .. death ?
Jul 24, 2011 5:14 PM

Dec 2009
Nice episode, loved the action. It's starting to take a different turn from the manga now, so at least I'm getting surprises now. Even though I'm excited, I sort of wish they could've followed everything in the manga, but ehh. /shrugs/
Okaaay the clock thing was new. Swallowed Amaimon. Blonde haired dude is the new paladin? I don't remember him from the manga lol.
A crack in the kirakura? (I think I spelled that wrong) his sword has a crack, but what does that mean? The sword is a container for some of his powers right? so....
That's also a new thing.
AGHHHHH I'm going to be gone for a month and then I'll have to catch up with the rest of ao no exorcist but the wait just might drive me insaneeee ! >o<

Hmm Amaimon never really shows up in the manga again after the fight, which Mephi just simply stopped and said "that's enough" to rin, but here his older brother said that he's given a 'rest'. I hope he's not dead.
Lol I can't even call that a kiss towards shiemi, more like he was gonna eat her face xD
Jul 24, 2011 5:25 PM

Aug 2010
Amazing fight! but i hate cliffhangers D:
Jul 24, 2011 6:02 PM
Feb 2011
Man, that fight was GREAT, it's been a while since I watched such wonderful sword fight.
Jul 24, 2011 6:15 PM

Dec 2010
This.was.the.best.episode. EVER IN ANIME HISTORY!!
OMG. Im still like excited even after finishing the episode.
Everything was soo good! I didnt expect the moth that they encountered in the beginning of the episode to be that easily taken down though..but o well! Since the fight with Amaimon was PRICELESS.
We also now know that there are 8 'princes' with Amaimon being one of them. Mesphito was be another since they are brothers. Hmm, this is getting really interesting!
Since the Kurikara ( i spelt it wrong) is the gate to Rin's flames, then if the sword breaks then the gate is broken. Which means that the flames cant come to human world.
OooOooO sooo good!

Its Hell waiting for the next episode. 24 eps is definitely NOT ENOUGH!!!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.