Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 23, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
So... Three episodes in and we learn that Saya doesn't have a tv, and that there's a covenant... Well.

Even though I love that dog, I feel bad for it. Saya really just doesn't know how to leave it alone. And she has issues when it comes to reading feelings (the dog running away, the kid at school not wanting to talk to her...) lol she goes after them anyway.
Jul 23, 2011 3:30 PM

Jul 2008
I haven't seen any other part of the Blood franchise, and I still think this is terrible. I am not comparing it to an older series or anything. I had high expectations too, so it is even more disappointing. Hopefully we will learn SOMETHING of this covenant next episode.

A lot of 12 episode series have like 8 slice of life/comedy episodes and then at the end cram in a plot. But Blood-C is giving us the exact same scenario with a little variation every freaking time. I would gladly take a pool or beach or hot spring or school athletic festival episode over another boring episode filled with Saya singing, eating at the cafe, seeing a dog, and being late to school.

Do the people making this anime think that they can make up for 15 boring minutes by throwing in a fight scene at the end? It may have worked in the first episode when they were introducing the setting and characters, but it doesn't work every single time.
Jul 23, 2011 3:35 PM

Jul 2008
Valentiln said:
Hypno-girl said:
She's human, she won't teleport and slash the train in two under 3 seconds.
How do you know she's human? Her eyes turning red every time she slashes the monster suggests her being something different.

As far as speed and movement go she never did anything that really surpass a human. I can't say how it'll end, she might end up throwing laser beam and nuking cities but as far as what have been shown now she look pretty much human.

Fai said:
Aversa said:
What are you all so negative about?
I agree i see a repeating in the way the episodes go but i think this episode was better then the last ones the balance was better it was less happy and it gave me a darker impression then last few.
Also the twins wishing for something big to happen suggests that they will get more then what the asked for.
I think things will become rather interesting.
And of course a yuri teacher and a tentacle monster is always a great combination!

To everyone else: Notice the favorite anime list of the owner of this positive post? Clearly points towards audience C is currently targeting, sadly...

Quite sad indeed.
It's like they are trying too hard thinking that a clumsy moe mizuki nana that can be badass will make the show sell alone. Well what is really sad is that it might be true.
I think that the show is bad but I just can't understand some people reasoning >.>
Jul 23, 2011 3:50 PM
Apr 2011
saxophone15 said:
You guys are letting this show get to your head too much.

When the plot is moving ever so like MOLASSES? I don't mind anime with a slow plot, but this show has NO substance so far save the fighting and the fighting itself was meh. The animation is still awful and I still do not like any of the characters especially Saya, i.e., with her annoying singing.
Jul 23, 2011 4:34 PM

Feb 2010
WOW. dat last part...

last 1/3 of this ep was baller... the rest? meh.
Jul 23, 2011 5:16 PM

Jul 2010

Jaccuzi: R-R-R-Rail tracer, Nice its the rail tracer. he's gonna kill us all!

Isacc: Now don't you worry Jaccuzi, that right there isn't the Rail tracer.

Miria: Then what is it Isacc?

Isacc: Well Miria my dear, that is a cosplayer.

Miria: YAY Cosplayer! Its so AMAZING (AMAZING) ((AMAZING)) (((AMAZING)))

Isacc: Of course Miria my dear, Clamp has really ruined their image with this cosplayer. She should go home and roll in the empty money train which is labeled Blood-C. Bask in the endless waves of pure stupidity and repetitiveness.

Miria: Its sad isnt it Issac...

Isacc: NEVER FEAR, there is one way to save her Miria my dear. Drop her like a rick roll, its for the best. She'll even thank you because Saya is just so happy-go-lucky! So lets do it with smiles on our faces!

Miria: Bye Saya!!

Isacc: Goodbye!
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 23, 2011 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
I will not drop this show...
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Jul 23, 2011 6:24 PM

Apr 2010
I swear this ruining the original Blood movie and it NO where as good as Blood Plus. This better shape up FAST plot wise. 3/5 but I want to say 2/5 >>
Jul 23, 2011 9:25 PM

Jul 2011
Fai said:
judojon said:
Hey, there was narration at the end talking about change or something... does that mean that SOMETHING IS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN ALREADY? I really hope so.

Obviously it will change!

Next week HER FATHER WILL SING TOOO!./.....

OMG LOL please let them do that.. that's the only thing that could save this show.

i hate everything in this episode but the dog scene, so cute!
but, what the hell were they thinking when they make the MONZTER TRAIN, that is so lame...is that a pokemon?
Jul 23, 2011 9:32 PM

Jun 2008
^

Lol.
What I don't understand about it is that wouldn't someone hear all that noise? In all the other shows about small villages EVERYONE catches on eventually. This has been going on for at least two generations (Saya and her mom). Does no one hear it or see the damage the next day.

And, not complaining about the gore, but couldn't she have done something to save the baker? We all knew what was coming the second the tentacles came down.
Jul 24, 2011 8:34 AM

Aug 2008
well, let's wait for the next one to see what'll happen...
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Jul 24, 2011 9:13 AM

Jun 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
Did you guys see that cake!?

It looked as delicious as the ones in the past two episodes! :P

I'm assuming your comment was sarcasm, but I am really, really sad that it's the truth of the series. All I've seen right now is filler. Maybe CLAMP is thinking that it's necessary, but if it's really only 12 episodes, it is far far too much nonsense. Is her character in the day really more important than her darker self? It's also just too formulaic (i.e. school life first half, "vampire" life last five minutes).

As much as I want to like Saya (I haven't seen the other Blood series by the way), her over-the-top perkiness and borderline creepy affection for her father are bothersome and not compelling at all. They don't really seem to fit her. Maybe a character like Kobato, but not her. But I'll keep watching. Just because I still have some hope for CLAMP.
Hopefully all of this was really necessary.
Jul 24, 2011 12:12 PM

May 2010
So when will this show get to be interesting?

Jul 24, 2011 1:42 PM

Aug 2010
I hope she's got good washing powder.
Jul 24, 2011 4:12 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, Saya's a bitch just letting that guy die. Way to ruin this character even further, CLAMP.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2011 5:38 PM

May 2011
Still no plot. At least the fight was decent in this episode...
Jul 24, 2011 7:48 PM
Mar 2010
The blood movies are ok, I loved Blood + and have been trying to give this a fair shot. It DOES seem to move slow like everyone's complaining about, but it feels pretty deliberate. I get the feeling they're trying to really show us Saya's sweet, innocent side, and she's probably going to go insane or something (like Saya from Blood + does in Nam) I think they're also drilling in the whole, "peaceful quiet village where nothing goes wrong" thing so they can flip that around on us as well. The way the narrator talks about what if something fundamental changes yada yada yada, they've got something up their sleeves and they're probably dragging in on to make it seem like a huge WTF? moment. This slow pacing can't keep up forever.

On a side note about the Characters, I know that it's a different Saya and different plots and everything, but having watched Blood + I'm wondering how much of that show's characters and plot elements they're going to use. For instance, the relationship between Saya and her father is just plain creepy the way it hints at an attraction between them. But in Blood + Saya slept for like 20 or 30 years in between her "awake" and fighting stages and has amnesia upon waking . Is it possible, that this Saya does the same thing? Her father mentions her mother being a shrine maiden who also fought the old ones, and she clearly died before Saya got to know her because she doesn't mention memories of her mother, and her father is the only one who talks about what she was like. Maybe Sayas "mom" is her before she hibernated? That would make the relationship make a bit more sense. Also, the way saya was asking the teacher about the school made me think maybe she's somewhat new to class?

Someone asked about the glowing eyes, Blood + Saya's eyes glowed when she drank blood, maybe that's why this saya's eyes glow sometimes in battle, symbolizing an awaking blood lust?

Also, I wonder if there might not be some chevalier type characters in the show seeing as how theres that boy whom the preview hints doesn't eat. Maybe why the father drinks special coffee? Could be infused with drugs like previously suggested, or blood.

I also agree with whom ever said that the teacher must have quit being a researcher to study Saya at School. The teacher reminds me of Julia from Blood +, how she pretended to be a doctor at a clinic so she could study Saya and give her infusions.

I can draw similarities between characters all day long, but I won't, just curious if anyone else is seeing hints at better stuff to come or if I'm just deluding myself, lol.

Also those twins, can not be human. They're just too similar, even for twins.
Jul 24, 2011 7:52 PM

Apr 2010
I keep expecting something crazy to happen, but it seems as if though I should stop.

I almost passed out. I've never become to sleepy from watching an anime no matter how boring it was.

That dismemberment was the only thing that kept me going till the end.
Jul 24, 2011 9:21 PM

May 2011
Am I the only one lovin' this so far? The gore/blood is a nice addition something Blood+ didn't have a lot of.
Jul 24, 2011 9:22 PM

Nov 2009
I don't mind CLAMP, i liked some of there works or parts of them. The issue is that the start and ending of the show are way to different. It goes from slice of life and all jolly to blood splattering and flying limbs.

I think the fights are cool, but there isn't any plot and the majority of the episodes are horribly boring. It seems like everyone COULD be suspicious, the classmate, the researcher. There is just no signs of anything.

Oh what is this covenant? Too late, already dropped.
Jul 24, 2011 9:30 PM

Sep 2010
Saya_Kisaragi said:
Am I the only one lovin' this so far? The gore/blood is a nice addition something Blood+ didn't have a lot of.

You must have been watching Blood+ blindfolded.

Jul 25, 2011 12:05 AM

Mar 2009
Anime_Name said:
Saya_Kisaragi said:

lol, second that. what are you on??
Jul 25, 2011 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
Ouran12 said:
Anime_Name said:
Saya_Kisaragi said:

lol, second that. what are you on??

Gee I wonder, someone with that nickname and avatar picture suddenly appears here.

Don't give reactions and attention to a troll, guys.
Jul 25, 2011 8:28 AM

May 2011
All I was saying is that BLOOD+ wasn't THAT gory. You guys don't need to ask me what I'm on or whatnot can't you guys go find something else to do? Everyone has their own opinion.
Jul 25, 2011 9:54 AM

Feb 2011
What makes Blood C a terrible and unwatchable show is not the differences with other animes from the Blood franchise. It is terrible, because it is pointless and suffers from genre identity crisis. It isn’t good in the action, to compete with other shounen shows. It isn’t good in the story and the atmosphere to be a good horror and definitely can’t pass for a slice of life series.
Even if you ask me, I don’t know what this anime is about. I don’t know what is going on. I don’t know anything about the characters. They are all nameless, faceless and meaningless for me (especially Saya). I simply don’t care for nameless characters, monsters or bakers. They can all die or/and get raped by tentacles. I don’t care.
Jul 25, 2011 10:39 AM

Jul 2007
zealot7 said:
What makes Blood C a terrible and unwatchable show is not the differences with other animes from the Blood franchise. It is terrible, because it is pointless and suffers from genre identity crisis. It isn’t good in the action, to compete with other shounen shows. It isn’t good in the story and the atmosphere to be a good horror and definitely can’t pass for a slice of life series.
Even if you ask me, I don’t know what this anime is about. I don’t know what is going on. I don’t know anything about the characters. They are all nameless, faceless and meaningless for me (especially Saya). I simply don’t care for nameless characters, monsters or bakers. They can all die or/and get raped by tentacles. I don’t care.

This should be The official description at the start of BloodC infopage on MAL.
Jul 25, 2011 12:14 PM
Apr 2011
That pretty much sums up how I feel about this show so far.
Jul 25, 2011 9:18 PM

Apr 2010
I'm waiting for everyone to die or something of the sort
Jul 26, 2011 10:32 AM

Jul 2011
Art-good
Author-awesome
OP and ED-good
Characters-awful
Story-none
Logic-none
WHY?
Jul 26, 2011 11:52 AM
Jul 2011
Episode 3...Same thing again...a few plot devices in there...fight scene. If this is 12 episodes the pace is going to slow for my tastes. I just wonder where this anime is going? And what is it compared to the Blood+ franchise, a random sidestory? Is it even part of the franchise?
New to this...
Jul 26, 2011 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
2 more episodes, i'm giving this anime 2 more episodes before i drop it............
the show is way too lacking
Jul 26, 2011 10:51 PM
Apr 2010
I will watch the entire season just for the OP. It's easily the best OP this season (close second is Usagi Drop's OP, but those two are in totally different categories)
Jul 27, 2011 7:11 PM

Nov 2007
meh still rather boring. like the op/ed though

rather formulaic.... school stuff and stuff with her father first half, second half fight some random monster

opposite of usual where the female lead is clueless and dense and the innocent guy is hopelessly in love
Jul 27, 2011 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
foxnewsnetwork said:
I will watch the entire season just for the OP. It's easily the best OP this season (close second is Usagi Drop's OP, but those two are in totally different categories)

You need to watch Dantalian no Shoka's OP.
The music takes your breath away...
Jul 28, 2011 4:56 AM

Jun 2010
liked the psycho baker getting killed. was soo movie cube or whatever horror movie.
but the day time is soo cardcapter sakura.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2011 8:56 AM

Jul 2007
Omniknight said:
foxnewsnetwork said:

You need to watch Dantalian no Shoka's OP.
The music takes your breath away...

pretty much both of these openings are fail.

BLOODC op does not even FIT itself. ITs a random sequence of images set randomly to a song it has no visual, artistic or stylistic effort in it and the ridiculous "look its bloody and naked" in viewers faces all the time gets boring after one second.

DnS op has good song, bu the visuals I just can't take seriously(well i can't take seriously the whole show so...). Its yet again similar problem. Visuals DO NOT fit the song. It feels like a random fan took a video and put a random song onto the opening.

If I had to Choose a best OP of this season, it easily would be the Kamisama Dolls opening, followed closely by No.6 opening
Jul 28, 2011 5:18 PM
Jan 2011
I hope they try to develop the story more next ep. I loved blood+ but this id just boring.
Jul 28, 2011 5:28 PM

Jun 2010
Omniknight said:
I love how the top recommendation of this anime is Blade.
Quite a fitting recommendation I must say.

best sarcastic funny comment ever. lnmao
Blade being also boring ? lol
Jul 28, 2011 8:45 PM

Mar 2010
I really want some cake now!*o*//
Another note, the baker's death scared the shit outta me, I did not see that coming~___~;;

Jul 29, 2011 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
Bleh, I'm really disappointed in this series. I was so thrilled to hear of a new Blood anime, and even after the initial letdown of finding out it had no correlation to Blood+, it's still pretty terrible as a standalone. With such a low episode count there's no reason why they have to be following this repetitive outline for each one so far.

I'm going to watch it through until the end, though even the fight scenes aren't holding my interest any longer. I just want to see if there's any slim chance something good might happen. I do like the school outfits, and I wouldn't even mind the character design if the show had a decent plot at least.
Jul 30, 2011 3:34 AM

Sep 2010
Unfortunatly, it was like I thook. This anime shouldn't be a member of the Blood series.

I've droped it.
Jul 30, 2011 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
50% Vapid Slice of Life
50% Generic "Monster of the week" action
No storyline
No explanations
No character development

I'm so close to dropping this right now. I'm gonna endure at least one more episode in honour of how much I enjoyed Blood+, but if nothing seems to be changing by then I am liable to get pissed off and drop this like it's hot.
Jul 31, 2011 5:57 AM

Aug 2008
zealot7 said:

Sums things up rather nicely I think. It is really bothering me that there is still no explanation as to WHY these monsters are appearing and why it comes down to Saya to kill them. Honestly, no plot or character development, just random slice of life and action scenes thrown together... and that singing, damn it is annoying...
Jul 31, 2011 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
gswelcome said:
zealot7 said:

Sums things up rather nicely I think. It is really bothering me that there is still no explanation as to WHY these monsters are appearing and why it comes down to Saya to kill them. Honestly, no plot or character development, just random slice of life and action scenes thrown together... and that singing, damn it is annoying...

*nod* If I had just started this without any prior knowledge of the Blood series I'd be completely lost. Perhaps with a longer running series they could use the slowly-uncover-the-plot method, but this is just ridiculous.
Aug 1, 2011 5:50 PM

Jul 2009
She let that man die. Way to go Saya. Very nice of you.

:P
Aug 2, 2011 1:59 PM

Feb 2009
This anime is kinda strange, with the first half being super cheerful and about school life, and the second half being about monsters and gore... XD It doesn't feel like it'll work.

And I sure wonder why she didn't save the baker dude before the monster tore him to shreds. XDDDD
Aug 3, 2011 9:06 AM

Nov 2010
AngelicFeces said:
I made it halfway through (2x speed) before deciding I don't want to waste my time on this any longer.
Godawful character designs, too.

Same here.
I usually don't drop shows I pick to watch.
Aug 9, 2011 3:11 AM

Apr 2011
Nice, quiet and relaxing school life and then fighting monsters at night?

But where's the plot? The dismembering part was surprising and Saya didn't even
save him. Poor guy.
Aug 13, 2011 11:14 AM

May 2010
LOL. We're already at ep 3 and plot is nowhere to be found.
Blood-C , I am disappoint.
Sep 14, 2011 6:09 AM

Aug 2011
>Read comments
>sad face

Well... I like it...

My main problem: Hey, saya, you think you could have done something BEFORE it cause the guy to assplode? Just a thought...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

283 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.