3It was OK
6.8%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.5
266 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 11, 2011 11:12 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
viMALMay 30, 2019 2:36 PM
Jul 11, 2011 11:54 AM

Nov 2008
Chitose has a sweet voice and love her nosebleeds and yuri fantasizing. Sakurako is annoying as hell. Himawari is also very sweet, I'm glad she shined Sakurako after she smacks her breasts. Ayano rounds out the Student Counsel of Tsunderes.

5/5

Jul 11, 2011 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
Alright folks we have Ikeda Chitose our nose bleeding girl as follows,

and man does she need her glasses or she is yuri ecchi 24/7 from the looks of this episode. Oh well me and the guys got to thank her imagination for the spoiler
I mean Kyoko's bra partially, a little view of Ayano's breast, a almost kiss between Ayano/Kyoko (damn too bad it did not happen) and a pajamas Ayano with Kyoko. That's also to include Chitose grabbing the breasts of Ayano. IMO she is far more perverted than Kyoko. Well at least Ayano responds fiercely with a slap
on Chitose's face.
I kind of like her appearance in the spoiler
and when kept insisting on other contests simply because she most likely wants more fantasies of Ayano x Kyoko. Well you got to like her yuri fantasy of Ayano x Kyoko. It was just hilarious to see the the glass breaking of Kyoko in the spoiler
considering how Chitose was bleeding out.

Ayano is the most cutest in the following,

that is just MOE. Ayano was funny from the beginning in this episode with her bleeding on the forehead in the beginning and her sudden barging into the Amusement Club while she started to yell right away at Kyoko because of being beaten by her. I laugh d really good at Chinatsu/Akari's surprised faces that of all people Kyoko was #1. From the face that Yui makes here even I would be jealous to have such superior skills of studying that Kyoko has. Ayano's flaming rage and huge jealousy here, were funny and well demonstrated despite being ways used before, this series has some rather unique character designs. Obviously Ayano has a
lot pride in her to enforce the rules about club activities and clubs existence. TBH I loved Ayano's red face in the spoiler
that was so priceless. So the challenge gets set by Ayano. Now I did remark that Ayano does have a thing for Kyoko based on how she acted after learning that Kyoko did not hand in her handout. The ultra shock and double shock of Ayano in the spoiler
were classical great gags I liked. I kind of noticed that Ayano is rather more adorable while being sick.

• Sakurako Ohmuro and Himawari Furutani seem to have a nasty rivalry in the spoiler
    in fact it looks pretty ugly at first.

• It looks like Sakurako Ohmuro is jealous of Himawari Furutani's breast in the spoiler
    that's nothing new since apparently Akari and Chinatsu are jealous too.

• In regards to the student's council's picture in the spoiler
    I want to know who is the president girl. She looks nice in the middle but the stupid light hides her.
Things is despite all fighting Sakurako and Himawari are still buddies in the end. This is just a rivalry for a school position but I doubt their friendship will suffer from it. Well now for sure Chitose will give out plenty of fan service with her imagination.
Yumekichi11Jul 12, 2011 10:16 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 11, 2011 1:31 PM

Oct 2008
Yay for High pressure nosebleeds ^_^
Jul 11, 2011 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode !
Kyoko = always win , and Chitose is awesome with her imaginations and Toyosaki Aki as her VA ^^

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Jul 11, 2011 2:03 PM

Sep 2008
Why is this anime so fun to watch?
I just love the chemistry of all the characters!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2011 3:21 PM

Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Yui's reaction to that one was funnier than Chitose getting the nosebleed. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

This episode made me laugh so hard, I had forgotten some of those scenes from the manga. ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

I'm really impressed how faithful they're being to the manga, even Chitose's "huh, why?" to Sakurako having an extra set of gym clothes comes from the manga. O(≧∇≦)O
Jul 11, 2011 3:22 PM

Jan 2011
lol at this episode,
Sakurako made me laugh
Breast Dribbling xDD
oh lol

fun anime thats all
Jul 11, 2011 3:33 PM

Oct 2010
manabilt said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Yui's reaction to that one was funnier than Chitose getting the nosebleed. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

This episode made me laugh so hard, I had forgotten some of those scenes from the manga. ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

I'm really impressed how faithful they're being to the manga, even Chitose's "huh, why?" to Sakurako having an extra set of gym clothes comes from the manga. O(≧∇≦)O
And it's exactly positive people like you who send out the right message to stupid studios that sticking sometimes with the manga or LN (if manga is not available) is in fact the best way to do a series of it. I myself should pick up the manga sometimes too in the future just to see the difference but most of all the similarities you speak of.

Jul 11, 2011 3:34 PM

Dec 2010
I have no idea what you just said
Jul 11, 2011 4:18 PM

Jun 2010
Rivals and nosebleeds. That's all I remember. When her glasses broke and she explained what would happen, I just couldn't stop laughing.

Jul 11, 2011 4:20 PM

Aug 2010
So many yuri undertones and I love it.
Jul 11, 2011 4:20 PM
Jun 2008
I wan to know more about Akarin, so sad that no one care bout Akarin >< (sob sob)
Jul 11, 2011 4:21 PM

Feb 2010
This is soooo much better than A channel. White haired girl is great.
Jul 11, 2011 4:42 PM

Oct 2010
notsureifsrs said:
I have no idea what you just said
Me? I am saying that 2 episodes in this series and it's good for many things but among them being faithful to the manga and more animes should do that. Properly preferably. This series proves itself in that.

Jul 11, 2011 5:08 PM

Jan 2008
- Kyoko being at the top of her class was surprising.
- Sakurako smacking Himawari's chest was funny. xD
- Yui's reaction to Chitose's nose bleed was great.
Jul 11, 2011 5:19 PM

Jul 2010
Damn. I wish I was Kyoko. Getting really good grades after studying one night. But that was really surprising. I never knew she would be the top of her class.
Jul 11, 2011 6:06 PM

May 2010
Paiguy said:

A Channel is garbage, yet for some reason it's rated higher than Yuru Yuri. >_<

Damn yous, don't let this drop down into the 6s.
Jul 11, 2011 6:13 PM

Apr 2011
Great episode!

Chitose is awesome!

5/5
Jul 11, 2011 6:16 PM

Feb 2011
This feels like A Channel mixed with Nichijou. Can't wait for more.
Jul 11, 2011 6:24 PM
Jul 2010
MorningGlory said:
I wan to know more about Akarin, so sad that no one care bout Akarin >< (sob sob)

I care about Akarin! TT^TT
Anyone who is a fantastic gif maker please contact me! ;)
Jul 11, 2011 6:32 PM

Oct 2009
The interactions between Furutani and Ohmuro was priceless! Easily the best parts of the show, even when they were background characters in the last episode.
Jul 11, 2011 6:39 PM

Dec 2010
mwuahahaha.

I love the yuri couples already! Kyoko x Ayano and Sakurako x Himawari.

From last episode, can't wait to see Akarin's siscon sister lol. I like her pillow of of Akarin with kisses all over it lol.
Jul 11, 2011 6:48 PM

Feb 2011
MorningGlory said:

That's actually a running joke in the manga, it starts out with Akari seemingly the main character and then she just gradually fades away (well not really, but that's the joke). They touched on it some in the first episode.

taro_sado said:
From last episode, can't wait to see Akarin's siscon sister lol. I like her pillow of of Akarin with kisses all over it lol.

I wouldn't get my hopes up as it's actually a brother in the manga and pretty sure he's never seen or even referenced again after that one little scene of his room.
Jul 11, 2011 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
poor Akari continues to be the least interesting character haha.

+1 for Tsundere couples
Jul 11, 2011 8:08 PM

Nov 2010
the first ep was ok, but this ep was hilarious. i hope it keeps getting better.

5/5
Jul 11, 2011 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
katsu044 said:
+1 for Tsundere couples

LOL...never thought I would ever see that...

GAH.....everyone is SO FUCKING CUTE.....I think I might pass out on episode 3 if this continues.
Jul 11, 2011 9:09 PM

Sep 2010
Ah, this is Yuru Yuri. Never made the connection. >> This will be interesting.
Jul 11, 2011 9:47 PM
Mar 2011
From what I can discern from the first two episodes, Yuru Yuri is a mix of A-Channel and perverseness.
Jul 11, 2011 10:27 PM

Jun 2008
AngelicFeces said:
Ah, this is Yuru Yuri. Never made the connection. >> This will be interesting.

LOL...how can that escape you?

AndyZim said:
From what I can discern from the first two episodes, Yuru Yuri is a mix of A-Channel and perverseness.

Yeah, so it should be a million times better than A channel...

taro_sado said:
I love the yuri couples already! Kyoko x Ayano and Sakurako x Himawari.
Kyoko and Ayano are definitely the best right now...

prismheart said:
So many yuri undertones and I love it.

Needs more Yuri if you ask me...
Jul 11, 2011 11:55 PM

Jul 2010
Tsundere couple ftw.
Lol @ chitose fantasizes
Poor Akarin presence fading away more.
Jul 12, 2011 1:33 AM

Dec 2010
manabilt said:
I wouldn't get my hopes up as it's actually a brother in the manga and pretty sure he's never seen or even referenced again after that one little scene of his room.

Is that suppose to be a spoiler then?

Anyway Kyoko and Akarin said it was the sister's room....
Jul 12, 2011 2:21 AM
Jun 2008
manabilt said:

That's actually a running joke in the manga, it starts out with Akari seemingly the main character and then she just gradually fades away (well not really, but that's the joke). They touched on it some in the first episode.
I did lol when they show Akarin in the end... but I think after a few episode I might felt pity for her existence in the Anime itself .
+1 for low existence character
alexcampos said:
katsu044 said:
+1 for Tsundere couples

Youko and Mio from Nichijou is a tsundere couple I think
Jul 12, 2011 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
this anime gets the 'Tsumugi Seal of Approval' for sure =)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 12, 2011 5:34 AM

Nov 2010
ugggh... I can't even make it to the intermission, this is so boring. does this episode pick up?
Am i the only one who preferred the first episode???
Jul 12, 2011 5:38 AM

May 2009
paperbomb said:
ugggh... I can't even make it to the intermission, this is so boring. does this episode pick up?
Am i the only one who preferred the first episode???

nope same here, i liked the 1st episode but this one almost made me fall asleep, didn't lauhg once :/ the humor was too forced if you ask me it wasn't even fun , at least not for me.....i hope the 3th episode will be good otherwise i will be forced to drop this :(
Jul 12, 2011 6:00 AM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
katsu044 said:
+1 for Tsundere couples

GAH.....everyone is SO FUCKING CUTE.....I think I might pass out on episode 3 if this continues.
I think you would pass out in Ikoku Meiro no Croisee faster. ROFL buddy! :D
ZarcraZ said:
Paiguy said:
A Channel is garbage, yet for some reason it's rated higher than Yuru Yuri. >_<

Damn yous, don't let this drop down into the 6s.
I think it would be best to judge the whole compared to A-channel since it's finished and this is just starting. I will try to make an assessment by episode 6.

Jul 12, 2011 7:29 AM

Jun 2009
Needs moar Yuri and Kyoko x Ayano.

Nothing happens even closer to any of Chitose's illusion. Boob slap was hilarious though.
Jul 12, 2011 9:20 AM

Feb 2011
Damn Kyoko her character is a new discovery,by far the character I know that looks like an airhead but actually good at academics.

I'm guessing that the president council is Akari's sister ^^, can't wait to see her.
Jul 12, 2011 10:24 AM

Oct 2010
geezer said:

I saw that already in the following spoiler
and I think that is what started the whole thing with Himawari x Sakurako.

Jul 13, 2011 10:02 AM

Jan 2009
Lol at the opening, Akari was blurred because they kept focusing on background not on Akari...
The tsundere couple made me so happy. They're fun to watch and really heartwarming.

Well, you know, I guess this is may be because of the difference of school cultures between Japan and Western countries, it seems translaters changed and translated from 'top in her grade' to 'top in her class'.
But actually, 'gakunen top' meant 'She always wins the top in her second grade'
Well, at any rate, just studying one night and getting such a high grade every time is so amazing.
I don't wonder that Ayano has become to like her.

taro_sado said:
manabilt said:

Akari's brother is... black history only on magazine. The author and publisher erased him, because it is not funny but just creepy... And her sibling has become an elder sister on independent book. well, I guess nobody wanted such a brother.
Hana-keiJul 13, 2011 10:11 AM
Jul 13, 2011 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
I counted tree tsundere's which seemed rather interesting to me like last week this was a really nice episode and i am really wondering how the rest of this anime will turn out now.
Kyouko is certainly a very interesting subject for the vice president and i wonder if that will form into some kind of relationship and the companion of the vice president has a rather strange imagination.
I wonder why the president's face wasn't shown in the picture and i wonder who she is i am still under the impression that she has something to do with Akarin.
Jul 13, 2011 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Chitose's voice sounds exactly like Haru's voice on NHK news.

Jul 13, 2011 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
liked this episode!! >.<
Jul 13, 2011 2:13 PM

Jun 2009
Oppai dribble! XD
Jul 13, 2011 2:37 PM

Feb 2011
taro_sado said:
manabilt said:

Not a spoiler, happens 2nd chapter of manga which was animated in ep 1. And it was a brother in the manga, definitely. They changed it, and that's the only really major change they've made. (I'm guessing they did so either because they wanted to up the yuri quotient (sister x sister instead of brother x sister joke) or they were worried about the Ishihara ban, not that changing it did anything to get rid of the incest overtones of the scene.) The scene is otherwise almost identical, like nearly everything they've animated so far has been, they're following the manga incredibly faithfully.

Basically it's a throw-away scene, just a one-shot gag that never gets followed up on. And, since no character design exists for this sister + they're following the manga very closely, the odds of her ever showing up again are slim to none. That was my point, don't get your hopes up as it's highly unlikely to happen.

Hana-kei said:
Well, you know, I guess this is may be because of the difference of school cultures between Japan and Western countries, it seems translaters changed and translated from 'top in her grade' to 'top in her class'.
Well, at any rate, just studying one night and getting such a high grade every time is so amazing.

In the US at least class generally refers to your grade level. When you refer to top of the class, that would be the top student of your year. Saying top of your grade is pretty much never used (I've never heard anyone use it personally). So that's a logical translation, it still means the same thing but is phrased appropriately for the US, which is CrunchyRoll's main target audience.
Jul 13, 2011 7:27 PM

Jan 2009
manabilt said:
Hana-kei said:

In the US at least class generally refers to your grade level. When you refer to top of the class, that would be the top student of your year. Saying top of your grade is pretty much never used (I've never heard anyone use it personally). So that's a logical translation, it still means the same thing but is phrased appropriately for the US, which is CrunchyRoll's main target audience.

I didn't know that! I was thinking 'class' just means to 'one of the classes'. Thank you for telling.

By the way, I don't think Ayano should be up all night studying every day before test...
Jul 14, 2011 4:18 AM

Apr 2011
Lolmao! I couldn't stop laughing at this episode!

It had me smiling and laughing the whole time. Yuru Yuri made my day.

5/5
Jul 14, 2011 5:17 AM

Feb 2010
Was their a yuri hentai reference in this episode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2011 5:38 AM

Aug 2010
I really needed a show like this. It would be a miracle if Chitose didn't die of blood loss by the end of the season. 4/5.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.