Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 21, 2011 11:43 AM

Dec 2009
Ugh. It was hard for me to watch Tiger's arse-kicking fight. T_T

Shyster said:
Anyone getting Harley and Joker vibes from Kriem and Jake?
Yes! All through the ep I was thinking Kriem=Harley! And here I thought I'd be the only one XD

Athena said:
Oh, Kotetsu, look what you've done - you've turned Bunny into ice again.
*Sigh...* (Though it was rather deserved this time.) *double sigh...*
Athena said:
I hope he'd miraculously recover and save the day - and Bunny. Especially Bunny.
^^

Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out...
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Jun 21, 2011 12:00 PM
May 2011
you know with tiger knocking on deaths door mabey bunny will stop being such a asshole to him.
Shyster said:
i was until jake totally lost it when tiger hit him, then he left joker vibes and showed that hes really just a lunatic
Jun 21, 2011 1:03 PM

Aug 2009
Dxx said:
AstuteOtaku said:
Did any of you notice the strange metallic background noise (bwa...) and Kotetsu's momentary "ugh" when he kicked Jake? And he floated? Kotetsu is either displaying some sort of telekinesis or someone else is. My suspect? The girl who keeps showing up in EVERY episode.

What girl? Indeed he suddenly floated making that kick seem like a rather weak kick.

Jun 21, 2011 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
This was a hard one to watch with everyone failing like that T_T I have to say that Jake is pretty epic though ... OK, now his power? So he's making barriers and he said something about hearing everything, so I'm thinking sound waves or something? Or he READS MINDS O_O Although that wouldn't explain him creating barriers like that. Ah, poor Tiger, he's hurt so badly T_T
Jun 21, 2011 3:28 PM
Dec 2007
So the guy's practically invincible against NEXTs but can't stand a weak-ass attack by Kotetsu when he doesn't have any power - like a normal human ? Ot is it simply that the guy can read everyone's superficial thoughts, as was implied two or three times in the episode ? Anyway, it was a great episode as always, that allowed some secondary characters like Sky High to shine.Unexpectedly, the Ouroboros arc seems to be coming to and end soon as soon as Bunny will have beaten Jake (next episode probably ?).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 21, 2011 6:30 PM
May 2011
AstuteOtaku said:
Couldn't open slave database. Please try again in a bit.
either the creators are really lazy and just reuse that orange haired girl for civilians or somthing is going down with her
Jun 21, 2011 9:31 PM

Feb 2011
AstuteOtaku said:
Dxx said:
AstuteOtaku said:
Did any of you notice the strange metallic background noise (bwa...) and Kotetsu's momentary "ugh" when he kicked Jake? And he floated? Kotetsu is either displaying some sort of telekinesis or someone else is. My suspect? The girl who keeps showing up in EVERY episode.

What girl? Indeed he suddenly floated making that kick seem like a rather weak kick.

Interesting...... Damsel in distress character perhaps??? I mean you gotta have one in a superhero show right? Shall wait and see...
Jun 21, 2011 9:59 PM

Aug 2009
Dxx said:
AstuteOtaku said:
Dxx said:
AstuteOtaku said:

Interesting...... Damsel in distress character perhaps??? I mean you gotta have one in a superhero show right? Shall wait and see...

Personally I think she is an actress who works with HeroTV, she has only been genuinely saved once (by Origami) the other times I'm quite positive were staged.

I'm just getting the vibe that for at least half of the crimes HeroTV made them happen (excluding the statue kid, Ouroborus, Lunatic, the Diamond guy, and the kidnappers).
Jun 22, 2011 8:50 AM

Nov 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Tiger has Blue Rose sprung, straight up. Everything she does is tiger this and tiger that. Always worrying about him, complaining at him, and trying to comfort him. I hope some kind of resolution will come to this mini love arc, cause i don't want it to just fade as the story goes on.

Yes, although i thought rose was like around 17 and tiger at around 30. Not say it can't but i don't think it will. It is awfully cute though.

Lunatic is enjoying the heros all being defeated since he wanted vigilant justice. Well he was sitting in on those meetings as well wasn't he? At this rate though i doubt he will show himself.

Sky high was fast and amusing but tiger's was really too pathetic. Let's see what bunny can do.
Jun 22, 2011 11:32 AM

Aug 2009
helur said:

Sky high was fast and amusing but tiger's was really too pathetic. Let's see what bunny can do.

I can just see bunny "cheating" and using detonators and poison gass, now that would be badass.
Jun 22, 2011 3:22 PM
Jun 2011
AstuteOtaku said:

i think she´s the "touma" of this world (minus the punch everything syndrome ) , maybe she has next powers are related to bad luck , she need be helped every time when she activate her powers!!...i can dream right?.

btw the director calls her Mikiko(not official name).
ElementanJun 22, 2011 3:29 PM
Jun 26, 2011 11:03 AM

Jul 2007
Shyster said:

Kinda. Kriem is a little too composed all the time for me to feel those vibes.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jun 26, 2011 1:38 PM

Jun 2011
Wow...Kotetsu really blew it this episode.

Falling into Jake´s trap, breaking the trust Barnaby has set in him, jumping to conclusions and thus letting Sky High just spring at Jake thinking he only uses beams, being all confident and then being beaten to a pulp...

But a real hero doesn´t give up, he´s the one standing tall at the end. Go TIGER!
Jun 29, 2011 9:38 AM

Jan 2011
Bison's match was... fast, it is funny

Jake is simply toying with them, he seems to know what card he is picking
Jul 4, 2011 1:39 AM
Nov 2008
OMG NUUUUU TIGER!!! ; ;
Jul 5, 2011 8:40 AM

Oct 2010
noooo!! tiger!!!! :'(
well, this is getting sadder to watch, all heroes losing.... don't know who the hell can beat hi if bunny loses next!
Jul 15, 2011 9:55 AM
Jun 2008
Zepwich said:
Sky High ;_;

Tiger fucks up yet again.

Tiger didnt fuck up, he did hit Jake. So maybe Bunny got enough information to win the fight
Jul 22, 2011 1:46 AM

Jun 2009
Valentiln said:
busters said:
sajkdfhsakjfaf NOBODY EVER GIVES A SHIT ABOUT TIGER SO I'LL CRY ON HIS BEHALF. :'[
Come I shall cry with you too :'

true but ivan is hurt too poor ivan*sob*
Jul 26, 2011 9:54 PM

Aug 2008
Jake really has an annoying personality ...and horrible fashion sense. At least Origami made himself useful and gave everyone a chance at stopping those Mad Bears in mechs.

The other positive note is that it appears that Jake has a classic weakness. His strong defense probably means that he's not very durable or used to getting hit (think Gaara). I wonder how Bunny is gonna get around his defenses to purposefully lay that blow.

Sep 21, 2011 3:12 PM
Oct 2008
DonKangolJones said:

The other positive note is that it appears that Jake has a classic weakness. His strong defense probably means that he's not very durable or used to getting hit (think Gaara).

Yeah, I think you're right. I thought he made too big of a deal about that kick in the head when his foot really just kind of tapped him. Either that or he was just that surprised.
Oct 12, 2011 9:49 PM

Feb 2008
Kotetsu ;-;
Oct 28, 2011 7:44 PM

Oct 2009
There has to be a trick to Jack. He is able to dodge hits from someone with 100x human capabilities? Kotetsu got a random kick in and Jack got super mad for a single kick.
Hopefully nothing happens to Tiger, he has morals.
Dec 27, 2011 2:17 AM

Nov 2007
"I won't trust anyone who won't trust me." - Bunny

Wtf, man? YOU said you didn't trust Tiger, and you'd be fucked if he thought the same way about you then. D: How selfish of Bunny.

Hrm, Jake said "I hear everything". So I guess his power is psychic, right? Which would make sense why Tiger's kick landed -- he wasn't thinking about it and about to pass out. And that would make sense how he guessed Origami was a fake. Well, I guess we'll find out soon!
Mar 12, 2012 11:56 AM

Dec 2009
I really dislike how they treat Tiger ):
Mar 12, 2012 12:06 PM

Sep 2011
Mon_Diamond said:
I really dislike how they treat Tiger ):
he gets his respect in like a ep thankfully

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 1, 2012 2:00 AM

Oct 2011
"Can it. Come at me, bro."

Jake, I love you.
|ω・)
Jul 23, 2012 12:09 AM

Jun 2012
this episode was awesome! I always wanted a gladiator like hero battle
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Mar 7, 2013 12:44 AM

Nov 2007
I'm getting a little concerned over how everyone treats Tiger. :( He deserves love, and not just from us! When is the show going to give him some respect? Being hounded by everyone around you all the time... that can't be good for anyone, not even someone who claims to not need praise to do what he does. And he does succeed. But the show never really mentions it when he does (awarding points, other heroes mentioning it, etc), it just likes to heap abuse on him when he fails. >.<

Also, Barnaby lost any warm feelings I may have been developing for him, and has once again dropped back into last place in my heart. >>; Dick.
Jun 7, 2013 10:39 AM

May 2012
Bananabunny.

SofutoBanku!

Bruce Wayne.

KY na yatsu dana
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 3, 2013 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
great episode!

poor Origami T__T

if only Kotetsu trusted Barnaby more :(

and yeah despite Blue Rose scolding Kotetsu, she still cares for him deeply!

Blue Rose is soo lovely with her baby face and all!!

man it seems only Sky High gave him some fight.

poor Rock Bison :(

yes at least Kotetsu manage to get a hit on his head!!

maybe he doesn't have a barrier in his head or can't see anything upwards!!!

i hope Kotetsu is all right T____T

it's all up to you Barnaby!!!
Jul 5, 2013 2:28 AM

Apr 2010
This is so intense! My heart broke over Kotetsu getting beaten up like that; but I bet he was trying his best to somehow find a weakness or a way to /break through/ so Barnaby can beat up that idiot Jake!

I hope Barnaby avenges Kotetsu and Ivan in the next episode!

Seems like next episode will wait until I got some sleep though...
Jan 25, 2014 6:25 PM

Mar 2009
Tiger just kept on coming even though he was aware that he would lose in the end. Despite his flaws, he is a real hero.
Can't wait for Bunny (or anyone!) to kick that ugly obnoxious Jake's ass...and his girlfriend too.
Jun 16, 2014 4:58 PM

Sep 2013
Poor Tiger was injured, hopefully Bunny can come in and save the day.
Aug 3, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2012
Very interesting development, I really wonder what's next!
Mar 3, 2015 12:13 AM

Nov 2013
The stakes are real...

Jake building up the hype! No but seriously, I hope Barnaby punches a hole in that cocky bastard's face.

Kotetsu was badass for holding out for such a long time. Props for managing to get even one hit on Jake. I feel like that will give Barnaby the confidence boost he needs to defeat him.

COME ON BARNABY YOU CAN DO THIS! HALF THE CITY DEPENDS ON IT!

Great episode. I have a feeling this next episode is gonna be epic.

8/10

Aug 23, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
Just watching this for the first time. I am wondering if maybe Jake's power is purely psychic? Like maybe he's attacking the mind itself, and also reading minds? I might be completely off though.
Dec 12, 2015 6:30 PM
Jun 2013
even when tiger is in the wrong he still comes off as a nice guy. Dam tiger got his ass beat,but at least he actually hit jake once. im guessing you have to not think about your next move while fighting him. Ok the more I see this the more I get the feeling this guy was going for his own joker and harley quinn. They both look clown like. Jakes attitude of causing death and choas. The fact that kriem is his servent and lets not forget she calls him mister jake. Thats very close to mister J.
Sep 9, 2017 4:22 PM

Mar 2016
The physics of this show is completely broken...

Wild Tiger's power is "Hundred Power - is a NEXT ability which increases the user's physical capabilities (strength, speed, endurance, jumping ability, etc.) a hundred fold for a span of 5 minutes."
If is speed is 10 km/h, x100 is 1000kkm/h and you're telling me that a guy who plays defense by creating barrier is faster than him? Not to talk that speed + strenght he gains for using his power should give him the power to break the them barrier... -.-

Apr 16, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2018
Dang that last fight was intense between Tiger and Jake. Now I wonder if Bunny will actually be able to beat him or will Lunatic have to step in.
Jul 2, 2020 6:54 AM

May 2018
And Jake beats the shit out of each hero, one by one.
Oct 24, 2021 1:01 PM
Oct 2016
poor bison i actually like his costume best. welp also abt the pacing i think what rly stood out 2 me is how they put so much tension to this whole plot just for the antagonist to propose to fight the heros 1 on 1 ????? idk seemed super random. still enjoyed the ep
Sep 7, 2022 2:43 PM

May 2015
Promising an intense battle.
Jan 4, 2023 5:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Tiger was busted, but the lucky shot is a great clue!!! kekeke
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Surely if this kind of heroes is real then we are as good as dead, especially tiger is very infuriating to see because he lost everytime, hope in the progressive episode he changed to a better fighter"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chalis - Sep 3, 2011

69 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.