Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 21, 2011 9:41 PM
Sep 2009
could anyone translate american masasaki's engrish at 00:49??
Jun 22, 2011 7:05 PM

Mar 2010
Well ,I quite understand how the series flow and what it tells . Sometimes its a little* complex but not too hard to comprehend it anyway . So , I still stick with my 10/10...though I feel badly sad about it got only 1 more episode left :(

I seriously hoping MIRACLE shall happen that it continues the story , however xD
But that seems....will never...... *SIGH*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2011 2:12 PM
Aug 2010
The only word for that episode was epic. and the writer of this is genius!
Jun 23, 2011 5:52 PM

Jul 2008
I don't understand what is going on, but it is entertaining...

Also, Tomatsu Haruka <3
Jun 23, 2011 11:47 PM

Mar 2009
AngelicFeces said:
Blah blah blah, give me more Mashyu and I'm happy.

^Yep, basically. The plot has been a mess for such a long time now, so that's all I'm interested in. This is a textbook example of an anime with a neat concept and a lot of ambition, yet is an absolute failure in execution. A shame.

And I laughed so hard at the other Masakaki and his line about the super entrepreneurs. "lolJAPAN. WE HAVE DONALD TRUMP."
Jun 24, 2011 10:58 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing episode, the battles were great.

Q's smile was so fucking awesome. <3
Jun 25, 2011 3:41 AM

Nov 2008
My what an amazing episode. The plot complicating and action were really great.
And Q and Mashyu were badass <3

Can't wait for the final fight.
Jun 26, 2011 2:09 PM

Jun 2011
Aaahhh...the boobs of the show are gone now. At least George survived, maybe he´ll be helpfull to Yoga.

It seems Mikuni suffers from the "I´m god" syndrom...guess he forgot how he felt when he was powerless back then...
Jun 27, 2011 3:36 AM

Nov 2007
Q!! She's so cool. :O And formidable.

Uhm... Surely it takes more than beating someone who has a lot of money and being given an Asset by a friend to get a Black Card. Bit too convenient, i.e. shitty writing.
yamakasiJun 27, 2011 3:41 AM
Jun 27, 2011 4:27 PM

Dec 2010
Everyone could see this fight coming, but it will become reality just in the final episode :O Anyways, despite I disliked Jennifer, her fight was much of a dramatic one. Her's and Yoga's macros are nothing less than epic!
Although this episode is one of the best till' now, i miss sight on Hanabi... even though she's barely anything more than a wreck to now =\
Jun 27, 2011 7:14 PM

Aug 2010
Mashyu can Kamehameha. ^^
Jun 27, 2011 10:24 PM

Sep 2010
Yoga's stupidity is appalling. Honestly, Japan is about to be wiped off the face of the planet and you are getting in the way of the one person who is actually stopping this, because you cannot agree with his way of thinking? Obviously, they are going to pull some deus ex machina to make him "right", but he has no way of knowing this is going to happen. I seriously wonder how this guy even made it to university with his complete lack of ability to think. Yes, some people are going to disappear, and the "future" will be damaged. Great, well, based on what he can possibly know right now, everyone is going to disappear right now - there is going to be no future to speak of if Mikuni is stopped.
Jun 28, 2011 9:47 PM

Oct 2008
Wow. :|
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 30, 2011 6:45 PM

Jul 2010
YES lets get this fight started.

Oct 24, 2011 9:38 AM

Jun 2011
Msyu &amp; Q really bad ass in this episode, Msyu with her Heated Economy &amp; Q with her Cannibalization. And Mikuni really strong~

Jennifer gives Kimimaro her future (Georges), probably the saddest part in this episode. I hope she still alive =)

Kimimaro suddenly has his own Darkness Card, and the next battle hopefully will be an epic battle~
Nov 10, 2011 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
Looks like it'll be tough for Mashyu to use another macro inflation that soon.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 14, 2011 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
Mormegi said:
This is a textbook example of an anime with a neat concept and a lot of ambition, yet is an absolute failure in execution.
Well, what can I say. Economics and Finance are sombre and down-to-earth disciplines. It's not like science fiction that can have fanciful lasers, time travel and mind-screwing Quantum Physics. Trying to mix magic into it just stretched my willing suspension of disbelief way too much.

In the first episode, I thought well, it's anime, should not be too caught up on logic, the Midas Bank is probably just a metaphor for issues such as people taking on too much debt/ credit, or take it further it can refer to buying long for a futures contract, taking on mortgage when you don't have the capability to pay aka sure it's magic but hey, in terms of context, it's realistic and believable. But then now, we have Mikuni PRINTING Midas Money. TWICE!? It's already bad enough that the Midas Money in itself is 'credit' aka not 'real money' and now you're creating something out of another thing that was created out of virtually nothing. Great Depression, the situation in Zimbabwe - that's what happens when you just keep printing money.

AzureSkyz said:
Yoga's stupidity is appalling.[... ...]
Indeed. And the protagonist is supposed to be a year 2 Economics major.

Silent_Scream said:
taj69 said:
You didn't miss anything, this was badly strung together plot-wise. They intended to gloss this over with Engrish power up moves, similar to how most shonen battle stories go. But in those stories, the emphasis is on the moves, so they at least attempt to explain it. In C, they don't. And instead of Kanji, they use economic terms the average Japanese ( and English) viewer doesnt know as finishing moves. This is independent of anything real-world economy wise, just a typical move an anime studio would pull. [... ...]

It relies on "cool" terms that involves economics thus the "macroflation" whatever to make it sound/look deep but it's nothing more than a shallow piss on concrete.
This. You guys have very eloquently described my thoughts. In previous episode I decide to take it easy but this episode just pissed me off with how they abused the terms.

NilviusNov 14, 2011 4:47 AM
Dec 6, 2011 10:12 PM

Sep 2011
So hyped for the fight! This episode was sort of sad, sucks that the lady died! Dx (I don't even remember names in this Anime...) lol
Jan 26, 2012 5:53 PM

Jan 2012
i was just shocked by Mysu's macro and the fact that Jennifer gave Georges to Yoga.
I think Jennifer could have won if Q didn't act on her own, but thats just me.
Jun 27, 2012 8:58 PM

Jul 2011
Mormegi said:

This is a textbook example of an anime with a neat concept and a lot of ambition, yet is an absolute failure in execution.

Oh this. And it started out great too. What a shame.

. _ .
Sep 29, 2012 8:32 PM

Sep 2011
So Yoga had a black card all along?! This episode left off on a perfect continuation for the final!!!
Nov 9, 2012 5:40 AM

May 2012
Damn what an epic episode they've really get it to a good pre-final episode, the final battle will be so epic! I wonder how everything will be in the end! But damn other than it being totally epic doesn't exist!

Up to the final episode!
Jan 27, 2013 1:18 PM

Nov 2011
The final battle is going to be great! XD

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 17, 2013 3:25 PM
Jul 2012
Taketazaki: "That's Right Spend it. Because soon you want even want to wipe your ass with it!" ~lmao

I love this guy.
Aug 10, 2013 2:34 PM

Jul 2012
I yawned several times. Like many other critics have said, this turned into your typical battle shounen, trying to be deep but ending up as pretentious. Solid 5, not quite a 4 yet. I'm expecting a stupid battle the next episode and then another asspull.

I don't know why people would link Higashi no Eden with this shit. The whole money concept isn't even similar. Also, at least Higashi no Eden is enjoyable (as well as cute) and doesn't pretend to be something it's not. Sigh.

MM-Rosiie said:
Mormegi said:

Oh this. And it started out great too. What a shame.

. _ .

This
Apr 13, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2010
I don't think it's as bad as some people here make it out to be, it's a little confusing and there are bound to be a few plot holes/unaswered question after the next episode but it's an enteraining watch and I'm looking forward how Yoga is going to save the world from [C] when he beats Mikuni.

I do understand Mikuni's desire to save the "present" (and thus preserve the possibility of a "future") but to sacrifice the "future" (aka opportunities and chances of prosperity) of the very same nation in order to do it is much like an animal eating it's own tail.
Apr 24, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 2013
I found this episode really interesting , I like the idea they had in trying to cause hyper-inflation to render Midas money worthless

I really liked Satou-san it's a damn shame she was eating by Mikuni's asset ;_;

Kimimaro and Mysu moment was adorable , loved that scene! with the power she demonstrated there , I definitely feel they have a chance at beating Mikuni , I'm excited to see the outcome to that

It's a shame that this series was pretty short ,
Dec 10, 2014 1:22 AM

Aug 2009
thenube74 said:
jennifer dying made me shed mental tear

yeah there goes my favorite girl of the show after mashu and before Q (dat Q, dont wanna mess with that)
i cry evey tiem ;_;

lol at "WWTF is yours" wat wtf

2 intense 4 me
Aug 9, 2016 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
Wow what an episode. So much thing that happened.

I didn't expect Takedazaki to help so much. He's really cool, even if he looks and acts totally crazy :D
Hyperinflation huh? That was a good idea to make the midas money more useless.

The fight of Kimimaro was nice, especially the scene with Mashu was so cute. Mashus macro attack was over the top.

Satou-san ;_;
I knew something like this would happen. Q with that cruel Cannibalization attack. Satou gave Georges to Kimimaro. :(

Mikuni doesn't care about anything and isn't aware about what he's doing. How can't he see that it's wrong? I don't get it.

Now the final battle will begin. I'm so excited for that.

Aug 11, 2017 10:59 PM
Jun 2013
Seems like satou has bit the dust is pretty brutal fashion. Wonder how bad her future will be.now comes the big showdown. Future vs present.
May 15, 2018 2:18 AM

Sep 2017
Good episode. Didn't disappoint. If the last episode explains everything, I will give this a 8/9, otherwise a 7.

Let's see if they buy back the future.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 3, 2019 5:56 AM

Feb 2018
Nice battle and also good bye satou.
Mar 22, 2020 11:31 AM

Nov 2019
Damn, this show doesn't make any sense.
Sep 6, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
The show took the "helicopter money" phrase literally xD

I hope Sato won't die in reality after being defeated

Also, did Masakaki just turn Kimimaro's card black? Nice move.
Apr 10, 2023 12:42 PM

Jan 2021
Man, these darkness cards are everywhere.
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

Nov 2022
The higher ups seem to be doing everything for their entertainment
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » C Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 26, 2011

114 by greed2 »»
May 1, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.