Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2011 7:16 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well that was very lackluster... mediocre.

I liked the atmosphere & the music, but that's about it.

It was lolz-worthy when they were randomly having sex... 0_0
Mar 9, 2013 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
And nothing was done about Ayuuru attempting homicide.
Sep 28, 2014 1:21 AM

Jul 2008
Same here. I honestly stopped caring about the story and just focused on enjoying the unique 90's psychedelic atmosphere and music.
Feb 1, 2017 10:31 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A great anime if you are high or very drunk. The story line makes no sense....the characters have no background or just a tiny amount.....nah, there is no background. You do get 90's anime boobs........and did I mention no plot? I would give it a 4/10 but its 1:30 in the morning and I feel generous.
Nov 21, 2018 7:04 PM

Nov 2016
A bit pointless, but hey, it's probably just ad. Not bad overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 10, 2020 6:50 PM
May 2019
This was just plain boring. I appreciate the atmosphere, I guess, but everything else felt rather futile and below mediocre.
Jun 15, 2020 7:59 AM

Jan 2011
It seemed so chill at first, but then it went more and more bonkers and I fully understood the low score. I still kinda liked it.
Apr 19, 2021 4:30 AM

Feb 2008
So one gets to watch moving versions of Kitagawa's artwork. And once one has glanced at the production art gallery, if one should happen upon it, then the possibility that this OVA is just filler between certain pretty images raises its head.

...Can't say I'd be interested in reading the manga after watching this thing.
Mar 10, 2022 12:22 AM

Feb 2019
I think they were really just trying to make a visual feast, and for that I loved it and thought it was beautiful.
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Oct 19, 2022 8:52 PM

Oct 2022
I found this while searching through anime recommendations it's certainly interesting.

It has fantastic 90s vaporwave aesthetic like I mean really exemplary, the animations great, it's done by Studio IG I wasn't expecting that but it's definitely surprising to say the least, and finally the worst part; the story and structure are awful like it makes no sense, there's random cuts, people say things and do things that have no correlation, it's so random I mean hell at the end when one of the characters tried to kill the main character's (girlfriend? friend? idrk) by drowning her - when he finds her they start banging underwater and it's the equivalent of the spinning monkey meme its great lol ( nothing graphic at all )

To put it decently short; fantastic aesthetic, awful story, decently funny, essentially just watch it for the funnies/vibe, it's just something nice and quick to tune out to and experience. Oh and the main character is voiced by Guts's and Kai Kogashiwa's voice actor lol (BERSERK, Initial D)
l_Euro_lOct 19, 2022 9:34 PM
Feb 7, 3:26 AM

Jul 2011
It's weird but it seemed to have been a lot more focused on visuals than anything else.
The story (which isn't really that developped to begin with) is overly confusing with the fast forwards, the whole legendary fish plotline has no real logic (why are there rumors they appeared there if it's just them turning into it) , the characters are hard to get a read on. (random murder attempt ?)

I feel like a Dementia/Avant-Garde tag would make more sense that whever Romance it's supposed to be.
EythFeb 7, 3:31 AM
Apr 18, 4:42 PM

Aug 2017
Well this was lacking, I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere is OVA gives, but that's just about it, the story is shallow and not very captivating, but overall it was fine,
I'll give it a 6, I loved the scenery and the art-style.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.