Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2011 12:21 AM

Aug 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I agree that you shouldn't look in an episode discussion thread if you don't want to come across spoilers, but I don't see the point of spoiling huge things in this thread. The spoilers I expect if I come on here are ones that pertain to this episode or past ones, or future speculation. It is kind of annoying to read something massive that won't even appear for several episodes. Why even post it? I did open the spoiler tab though, but it is still annoying ahah.

I didn't open the spoiler tag but I can still guess what's in it. I do hope I'm wrong though. ;_;

Anyway, amazing episode. That text message saying "I'm watching you." is fucking creepy.
Jun 8, 2011 12:41 AM

Sep 2009
argghhh ..the spoiler ....
Jun 8, 2011 12:57 AM

Feb 2009
I'm sure that that spoiler will get quoted and quoted later on until everyone will have opened it. Obviously I haven't.

OU, Okabe. That was a slick move there with Ruka.
I liked that conversation with Mayushii.
And tsundere Cel-7 is tsundere. Liked that scene when the lights turned on again.
But a bad cook. Wtf whole apples in a pot.
And finally, some movement from SERN. Who else would that red jelly message come from but them.
The divergence number keeps dropping. Looks bad. But it's getting better and better.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 8, 2011 1:10 AM

May 2010
Nothing special huh !?
Jun 8, 2011 1:35 AM

Apr 2011
Actual spoiler discussion (both pertaining to and within the spoiler)

Also, full disclosure, I haven't played the VN nor read any spoilers too heavy, beyond the one I glance at about
Blind_GuardianJun 8, 2011 1:39 AM
Jun 8, 2011 2:13 AM

Oct 2010
Guardian978 said:
Also, full disclosure, I haven't played the VN nor read any spoilers too heavy, beyond the one I glance at about
Yeah I know that one hence why my warning is being told above.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 8, 2011 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
Burachu reference! wwwww

Anyway, great episode as always. That Okabe/KURISUTINA moment was brilliant.
And why do I instinctively click spoiler tags ;_;
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Jun 8, 2011 5:20 AM

Sep 2009
Wow...I'm scared of the spoilers and tempted at the same time. I must resist.
Jun 8, 2011 6:30 AM

Jul 2010
Meh, I'm not clicking any spoilers. Don't want to ruin this anime for myself.

I also feel like something big's happening soon, as it's bound to happen that one of the D-Mails are going to screw things up good.
Jun 8, 2011 7:22 AM

Jun 2008
I'm actually quite happy to see all this reactions and speculations in here. Some of them are right, some of the are just lol.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 8, 2011 8:05 AM
Nov 2009
.......MUST RESIST CLICKING SPOILER TAG.......... 5/5 for this episode.

yay didn't click any spoilers :3
Jun 8, 2011 8:10 AM

Oct 2010
kaminakun said:
NikuiKira12 said:
Hmm it's possible that Daru is her father O_o"

Thats a troll right.....rite o.O

Not a bad episode, the whole Okarin grabbing ruka scene in the beginning made me lol

I wonder who sent that Jello threat text.

I always suspected Suzuha had a connection with john titor, though i might have not been completely accurate

Just hope Okarin really cools off on the D-mailing, I guess its safe to say he'll have to go through a hard time explaining to the lab members what he went through if he ever does.
Jun 8, 2011 9:36 AM

Dec 2010
Supergrunt8 said:
Just hope Okarin really cools off on the D-mailing

You're talking about Okarin here. The mad scientist. Do you really think he's going to stop? Heh.

Jun 8, 2011 12:10 PM

Jul 2007
Supergrunt8 said:

Thats a troll right.....rite o.O

Here's a recommendation: Don't click spoilers in steins;gate threads :)

from what I heard there are A LOT of things far more shocking that that spoiler.

---------------

Anyway, just as I said, it gets harder and harder to follow the timeline changes as they interact connect and affect each other. And i bet it will only get more confusing.
Jun 8, 2011 1:26 PM

Jun 2009
So then, Suzuha's dad is Titor. Dunno why he's moved back through time. But Suzuha supposedly moved in that "satellite" wich crashed on the building back through time after her father. That'd explain why we saw her back in ep1 when Okarin saw that satellite for the first time. Yet i feel like i'm missing quite a lot, like what happened that Suzuha's dad had to move back in time, or who's that guy observing Okarin(i suppose it's not Suzuha's dad though, he contacted Okarin as Titor already. Maybe it's someone connected with Moeka.)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 8, 2011 2:41 PM

Nov 2010
Am I the only one who get scared when watching this episode?Too many death flags in an episode, making me want to sell my organs to access the next episode, even if I know my body is probably, not ready.
Jun 8, 2011 3:29 PM

Oct 2010
this is getting good! i wonder if Okabe only got his time travel powers from being saved that night, if so i wonder if the series will end with him sending something back in time and killing him self or something like that, and who was it who texted him saying i'm watching you? if that happened to me i would be CREEPED!
Jun 8, 2011 5:18 PM

Jan 2010
Finally Ruka is no longer a trap!

Can I get an amen???!!!
Jun 8, 2011 6:17 PM
Nov 2010
Daidragon1990 said:
Finally Ruka is no longer a trap!

Can I get an amen???!!!

However, who knows whether or not future D-Mails will revert Ruka.

It's kinda like Schrodinger's Cat: after each D-Mail you don't know if Ruka is male or female without groping, so if you don't grope Ruka after each D-Mail it can be said that Ruka is both male and female.
:)
Jun 8, 2011 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
I want to eat Kurisu's apple pie lol. or Ruka's curry.
Surprisingly Mayushii doesn't look like she can cook?
Jun 8, 2011 8:18 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder if they can revert back an event. Like sending Feyris-nyan again to build a moe center in Akiba.

What's surprising is that mail changed Ruka's gender. I'm still thinking what might be the connection with the mail and Ruka because that mail is supposed to be send through Feyris some years ago and Ruka should have been born by then, meaning he should still be a boy.

I guess the only theory for this is the butterfly effect that Kurrrissstina mentioned. Anyway, I think the last d-mail erased also the KyoumaxKurrrisstina moment. Sad.
Jun 8, 2011 9:28 PM
Apr 2011
-Quasar said:
I wonder if they can revert back an event. Like sending Feyris-nyan again to build a moe center in Akiba.

What's surprising is that mail changed Ruka's gender. I'm still thinking what might be the connection with the mail and Ruka because that mail is supposed to be send through Feyris some years ago and Ruka should have been born by then, meaning he should still be a boy.

I guess the only theory for this is the butterfly effect that Kurrrissstina mentioned. Anyway, I think the last d-mail erased also the KyoumaxKurrrisstina moment. Sad.

I thought Feyris only sent the D-mail back 10 years. Ruka sent it back 17 years so she would have already been a girl by the time Feyris changed the past.

And I'm also sad that Kyouma x Kurisu moment was erased.
Jun 8, 2011 10:11 PM

Jun 2009
zorapup said:
I thought Feyris only sent the D-mail back 10 years. Ruka sent it back 17 years so she would have already been a girl by the time Feyris changed the past.

That is actually the point. Feyris just sent her mail 10 years back, that means Ruka's gender shouldn't change because his gender is a male to begin with. I think you're misunderstanding but Ruka is a trap (a male). I would understand the change if Feyris mail was sent before Ruka was born.
Jun 8, 2011 10:28 PM

Oct 2010
-Quasar said:
zorapup said:

That is actually the point. Feyris just sent her mail 10 years back, that means Ruka's gender shouldn't change because his gender is a male to begin with. I think you're misunderstanding but Ruka is a trap (a male). I would understand the change if Feyris mail was sent before Ruka was born.
It's not about that but about something being sent 17 years should not be cancelled out by something sent after it that being 10 years only. The something never travelled before the 17 years itself, all is explainable scientifically and logically in this show.

Jun 8, 2011 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
It's not about that but about something being sent 17 years should not be cancelled out by something sent after it that being 10 years only. The something never travelled before the 17 years itself, all is explainable scientifically and logically in this show.

Okay, English is not my native language so this is a bit hard to understand Yume.

But I did say in my previous post that it must be the Butterfly Effect that Cell-17 explained and going by that, the change is understandable.
Jun 8, 2011 10:44 PM

Dec 2010
-Quasar said:
zorapup said:

You're thinking that the wordlines are parallel worlds, which they are not. They are pretty much branching off from every world due to the D-mail. When Ruka first sent the mail, she became a girl. It stayed that way. Then when Feiris sent her d-mail, it only changed a fairly recent event (or at least much earlier than Ruka's birth) in the same world. Or you can simply put that this was "Ruka's world" in which she lives as a girl and Feiris made an adjustment to that world. The worlds doesn't "reset" from the beginning of that time unless there is something specific to change it.

That is also why people don't disappear ranomly when a D-mail is sent. There has to be a specific message in the D-mail that can cause a dissapearance. Otherwise, things stay the same as they were no matter what worldline.

If you still don't really understand it, here's my attempt at an analogy:

Say in World 1 I ended up getting a scar on my arm from an accident when I was 10 years old. Then I sent a D-mail telling myself to avoid a certain place - avoiding the accident itself. This World 2 is now the world in which I avoided the accident when I was 10 years old, thus no scars on my arm. I am now 16 and my friend wants to change a part of her past in which she didn't reject me when I asked her out - which was around the time I was 14. So I let her change the past and now this World 3 is where she is my girlfriend AND where I don't have a scar. So basically, World 1 and World 2 never really "crossed". World 3 was continued off from World 2, not World 1.

By your logic, I would have had a scar and a girlfriend, but that isn't the case because like I said, the world does not reset and make changes on the first world, but the world that you were in at the time you sent the recent D-mail.

Well, that was a lot of typing. Hope it helps.

Jun 8, 2011 11:06 PM

Jun 2009
DesolateOne said:
You're thinking that the wordlines are parallel worlds, which they are not. They are pretty much branching off from every world due to the D-mail. When Ruka first sent the mail, she became a girl. It stayed that way. Then when Feiris sent her d-mail, it only changed a fairly recent event (or at least much earlier than Ruka's birth) in the same world. Or you can simply put that this was "Ruka's world" in which she lives as a girl and Feiris made an adjustment to that world. The worlds doesn't "reset" from the beginning of that time unless there is something specific to change it.

Ugh. I'm sorry but I really hate reading long comments in forums but this caught my attention.

Is this confirmed? I swear I saw Rin say that Ruka didn't change his gender though there is no proof since he didn't touch him/her but only look at him. I do know that it isn't a parallel world hence my previous post. The Butterfly Effect.
Jun 8, 2011 11:56 PM

Sep 2008
Tsunashi Takuto should have spent more time inspecting Ruka. It could just been really small.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2011 12:06 AM

Dec 2010
-Quasar said:
DesolateOne said:

Ugh. I'm sorry but I really hate reading long comments in forums but this caught my attention.

Is this confirmed? I swear I saw Rin say that Ruka didn't change his gender though there is no proof since he didn't touch him/her but only look at him. I do know that it isn't a parallel world hence my previous post. The Butterfly Effect.

Okarin only thinks Ruka stayed the same, although there is no proof to say Ruka became a girl also. But like I've said before, the D-mails only affect the person in which the D-mail is referring to. Plus, Okarin's Reading Steiner activated so we know the world changed.

I don't want to beat around the bush and confuse you more so I'll just say trust me when I tell you that Ruka did become a girl due to her D-mail. Then you can explain the rest with the butterfly effect.

Jun 9, 2011 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
I was expecting Okabe to revert the Akiba to its moe state...oh well.

When Okabe grabs Ruka's junk, my jaws dropped! I was like, WTF!? He's got guts to do that. I never expect that to happen in SG.

and btw, I support Okabe x Kurisu(tina). They make a great couple when I saw the scene where they almost kissed in the dark. Mayushii is more like a younger sister to Okabe.
Jun 9, 2011 12:59 AM

Jun 2009
DesolateOne said:
I don't want to beat around the bush and confuse you more so I'll just say trust me when I tell you that Ruka did become a girl due to her D-mail. Then you can explain the rest with the butterfly effect.

NO

No proof = Assumption. I kid... though I posted that half-serious. Anyway, I'll see how this goes for now. Thanks for some info though, I'll keep that in mind.
Jun 9, 2011 1:48 AM

Oct 2010
DesolateOne said:
This is really interesting but the Chaos theory states that all these elements can interact with each other or they may not hence your world line explanation. There is also the Homeostasis theory looming around to make things more confusing.

Jun 9, 2011 7:40 AM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
DesolateOne said:
This is really interesting but the Chaos theory states that all these elements can interact with each other or they may not hence your world line explanation. There is also the Homeostasis theory looming around to make things more confusing.

The only confusing is your post. Desolate's explanation is just fine and that's exactly how it is. Each new world is created like a branch out of the world they where already in at the time the d-mail arrives and the world they were already in was the world that Ruka was already a girl at the time the d-mail arrived. It's quite simple actually.

-Quasar said:
DesolateOne said:

-Quasar said:
DesolateOne said:

Of course it changed into a girl by her own message. You don't need any proof other than the touching that Okabe did now simply because Feiris message was send back at a time when Ruka was already born. No matter what change Feiris message did, it obviously did it from the moment it was received and onwards so it couldn't affect the gender of Ruka.
MonadJun 9, 2011 7:52 AM
Jun 9, 2011 9:45 AM
Apr 2011
So let's say Okarin sent a d-mail more than 17 years in the past before Ruka was born, granted pagers were still around. Similar to the movie Back to the Future, do you think it's POSSIBLE to correct everything back to the way things were by correcting the earliest change in the past? Although I feel this is where the butterfly effect steps in.
Any random change could be interpreted differently at a given time.
Jun 9, 2011 10:36 AM

Jun 2008
zorapup said:
So let's say Okarin sent a d-mail more than 17 years in the past before Ruka was born, granted pagers were still around. Similar to the movie Back to the Future, do you think it's POSSIBLE to correct everything back to the way things were by correcting the earliest change in the past? Although I feel this is where the butterfly effect steps in.

No what you say it's impossible. Let's say he send a message to Ruka's mother a minute before the other d-mail about vegetables was send to her and telling her to delete that message before even reading it. If Ruka's mother did that then the resold will just be a new branch(new world) where Ruka is again a boy but the changes Feiris did will still be there because the new world created is just a branch of the world his already in. He always starts from the basis that any change he does changes something in the world his currently in and not in the world he original began.
Because the mail is at a time earlier than Fieris message there is a possibility (although probably small) that due to the butterfly effect it will have an impact on the changes her mail did but that's a different thing from just deleting those changes since changes will occur but may not be the same as viewed in the world he currently is. More possible is that most of the changes will be the same in that regard.

What to i mean by the butterfly effect possibly affecting Feiris changes?
Well for example imagine that Ruka now is born as a boy but behaves like a girl. Now imagine her father having a dispute about the subject with her mother while they all seat in a restaurant with the resold of him getting upset and leaving the restaurant in anger. While opening the door with force he hits the person Feiris send a message to and throws the cellphone of his/her hand into a nearby sewer a little before he/she gets her message. That will stop the message from arriving at all and the changes that message did will never happen.
Of course the possibilities of that are low but there is a possibility.
Still the world is different because the broken phone will make the owner go to a shop the next morning to buy a new one with more and more butterfly effects happening preventing the world from being the same as if no D-mail was send.
Jun 9, 2011 11:29 AM

Dec 2010
zorapup said:
do you think it's POSSIBLE to correct everything back to the way things were by correcting the earliest change in the past?

This is indeed possible to do, but not in the situation you presented. For that type of situation, Monad is correct. Sending a D-mail to erase the message will erase the effects of that message, although it will still leave the other D-mails in effect.

Only thing I disagree on is this:

Monad said:
Still the world is different because the broken phone will make the owner go to a shop the next morning to buy a new one with more and more butterfly effects happening preventing the world from being the same as if no D-mail was send.

Not necessarily. Although there are many possibilities in each worldline, there are things that will inevitably happen no matter what world you are in. It's possible that if the phone became broken, the owner will buy a new one and through a series of events the message will still be received - albeit at a later time, but received nonetheless. A prime example of this "phenomena" will come up very soon in the show.

Jun 9, 2011 12:55 PM

Jun 2009
Another really awesome episode!
Jun 9, 2011 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DesolateOne said:

The only confusing is your post. Desolate's explanation is just fine and that's exactly how it is. Each new world is created like a branch out of the world they where already in at the time the d-mail arrives and the world they were already in was the world that Ruka was already a girl at the time the d-mail arrived. It's quite simple actually.
It's simple towards Ruka but what about the Akihabara incident and the Makise being saved from death incident. These look more complex. I am not complicated, the theories and the way I understand them are complex because there are more than one in this show and they all state things that are beyond my comprehension in integrating to every change this series may offer. That is due to the contradictions that may arise although as of yet it does not look like it but it's getting there as of this episode.

Well anyway the explanation of everyone particularly DesolateOne and Fai are helping a lot with VN spoilers.

Jun 9, 2011 3:50 PM
Apr 2011
Monad said:
zorapup said:

No what you say it's impossible. Let's say he send a message to Ruka's mother a minute before the other d-mail about vegetables was send to her and telling her to delete that message before even reading it. If Ruka's mother did that then the resold will just be a new branch(new world) where Ruka is again a boy but the changes Feiris did will still be there because the new world created is just a branch of the world his already in. He always starts from the basis that any change he does changes something in the world his currently in and not in the world he original began.
Because the mail is at a time earlier than Fieris message there is a possibility (although probably small) that due to the butterfly effect it will have an impact on the changes her mail did but that's a different thing from just deleting those changes since changes will occur but may not be the same as viewed in the world he currently is. More possible is that most of the changes will be the same in that regard.

DesolateOne said:

This is indeed possible to do, but not in the situation you presented. For that type of situation, Monad is correct. Sending a D-mail to erase the message will erase the effects of that message, although it will still leave the other D-mails in effect.

Ah okay, I can see how changing Ruka's d-mail would have no effect on Feyris's d-mail especially since they are currently in Feryris' timeline.

Do you think he would have to undo all the d-mails in the order of which it was presented? Time is still moving as he switches world lines but I don't know if there's any way for him to know whether things are the same as before since he does not retain memories of the past of his present worldline, at that given time.
Jun 10, 2011 2:38 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, Okabe has such a marvellous personality ;) The show really delivers :D
Jun 10, 2011 3:32 AM

Jun 2009
Rintaro's the only person I've seen who can make a statement of wanting to help out someone in a way that can only be positive and for the benefit of the world, and then follow it up with an evil laugh. But he is a mad scientist, and that is both mad and sciency. (Also mad and sciency, sending people cheesy movies. The worst they can find.)

Looks like Ruka's gender-bender did indeed work. No magic powers required, so she's genuinely a she now. The power of the D-Mail is strong. Nice to get a bit of Suzuha's motivation too, and she's now a member of the lab. I know no one else will be joining, mostly thanks to the character song albums. 'Twas fun seeing some of the other gadgets in there, and the feeling of friendship is really strong. I wish Akiba was back to its normal self, but that is but one of many goals that Rintaro has in mind, I'm sure its somewhere on the list.

Akihabara is a land steeped in fantasy, loud, bright colors and just a mite crazy, but ultimately a warm and welcoming place. Like the personification of Rintaro himself.

Jun 10, 2011 4:34 AM

Nov 2009
The Daru thing is scary, please don't push that anymore i don't want to hear it >.>

Anyways, awesomeness is deliever yet again. I find it interesting how he cannot remember anything from the new world line, bring us Ruka assault, but i hope he will start video taping or leaving a diary for himself. That might help a lot with small changes.
Jun 10, 2011 5:39 AM

Nov 2010
@ 5:37 HAHAHA! i can't stop laughing at this one
"eh?, what? , it's not there" hahaha FTW okabe

okabe is always so straightforward, without even thinking about it xD

EDIT: just want to clarify, did Ruka really turn into a girl O.o, if that's the case i can't believe that eating habits really does affect the X and Y Chromosomes
RadiGenJun 10, 2011 6:26 AM
Jun 10, 2011 7:42 AM

Jun 2009
horofirefox said:
@ 5:37 HAHAHA! i can't stop laughing at this one
"eh?, what? , it's not there" hahaha FTW okabe

okabe is always so straightforward, without even thinking about it xD

EDIT: just want to clarify, did Ruka really turn into a girl O.o, if that's the case i can't believe that eating habits really does affect the X and Y Chromosomes

I just watched Episode 10 and Urushibara Ruka............YES , she is is a GIRL now.
Hououin Banzai Hououin Banzai Hououin Banzai

Jun 10, 2011 7:53 AM

Jun 2011
Pffft, Okabe f'ed up big time. xD
And I also realized how much I miss Mayuri's 'Darutaru'. ;-;
Jun 10, 2011 5:03 PM

Dec 2010
Just when I think I’ve seen everything from Okarin...
Okarin: “It seems I’v released the seals that bound a dark god.”

Anyway, this episode was just more than good. If I have to say the real important things that happened here, I wouldn't even get to the number of my hand's fingers, and still - the feeling I got while watching it was great. That just shows that this anime isn't just about plot, but it's maybe even better when it comes to atmosphere and feelings it causes to you when you watch it.
Jun 10, 2011 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
i like about this anime how Rintarou act when the past change! \m/
Jun 11, 2011 7:49 AM

Feb 2009
no tuturu~ for 2 episodes?! what the hell!!
Jun 11, 2011 3:24 PM

May 2008
Okabe was totally Sexual Harassment Panda in this episode.

Jun 14, 2011 11:08 AM

Jul 2010
Very interesting development. By sending a D-mail himself, her prevented the part-timer to leave. Wonder what they're going to do now.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1830 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.