Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 2, 2011 10:14 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
On aunt's side on the rocket thingy... there's someone that likes her, and the guy she likes.

Aunt having fun for Erio's b-day!!
tsubasaloverJun 2, 2011 10:19 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 2, 2011 11:32 AM

Nov 2008
Meme filled episode makes me happy especially with last episode being a disappointment. We got her backstory and everything else about Meme and this episode is the best in the anime. Melodramatic, beautiful, and cute. Meme has that sparkle ability as well as her grandma and Erio so it runs in the family. Glad she has some love interests too.

5/5

Jun 2, 2011 1:36 PM

Oct 2010
It is undeniable that Meme being a small kid as follows,

is amazingly cute. MOE over 9000. Not to mention her smile that is as cute Erio had last episode and Meme's face with sparkles in the spoiler
is the core of Meme's charms this episode.

Erio the way is in the following,

just screams Oh marry me my sweet Erio among many guys.

I shall say the rocket in the spoiler
was a big WTF? How they combined the fire with the water going and how did they make the explosion that big less it was exaggerated in the anime. Hey the blow out was as big as C4.

Regardless 3 points of the father:
  • Unless he changes his hair colour it's easy to find out who he is.
  • The father definitely could go for the person that came from space and is an alien.
  • It keeps bugging me that suddenly he is not around but I noticed his eyes are censored. Now why is that? Meme can't remember those eyes?
Yumekichi11Jun 2, 2011 7:37 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 2, 2011 5:56 PM

Feb 2010
Every episode should be a Meme episode.
Jun 2, 2011 5:58 PM

Feb 2008
will they explain the alien thing already?

cattle mutilation........somehow it just sounds far more morbid when they say it.
Jun 2, 2011 7:16 PM

Nov 2008
Meme's full episode, good backstory, still we need the explanation about the aliens.
Jun 2, 2011 7:19 PM

Oct 2010
Amazing episode, I feel sad for meme as she pretty much spend her birthday alone ^^
It really funny how everything sort of connects, from Rocket guy trying to get close to Erio (and failed) to the mayor show from grandma and what i think is also Meme giving Eliot a formal "goodbye bastard" to Eliot

@Yumekichi11
I don't think she doesn't remember him, after all he is the father of his daughter (If Erio is 16sh that mean they where together at least until she was 24 or 23 if he dipped when she hit him with the news). Probably someone will appear with the same hair color, and they keep the eyes censor as a the final piece that differs them or maybe Meme wants to forget him. I'm just guessing here though ^^
huh?
Jun 2, 2011 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
Full episode dedicated to meme. Yamamoto confession was great. too bad for him Meme rejected it politely.

Young meme really resemble her daughter with twin tails.
Jun 2, 2011 7:28 PM

Oct 2010
choyos said:
@Yumekichi11
I don't think she doesn't remember him, after all he is the father of his daughter (If Erio is 16sh that mean they where together at least until she was 24 or 23 if he dipped when she hit him with the news). Probably someone will appear with the same hair color, and they keep the eyes censor as a the final piece that differs them or maybe Meme wants to forget him. I'm just guessing here though ^^
I will agree with you for the sole purpose they are keeping it as a last piece puzzle. TBH I do wonder what will the eyes have as special. If they punk us with some alien stuff who knows my reaction, let's leave it at @ following anime:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9834/Level_E
that did such a amazing punking job, it's unbelievable that I try to get ready of not being punked and this series has raised my standards with all this cattle mutilation.

On the other hand I have observed the alien stuff being just a metaphor for other things like in this episode the grand-ma was expressing as though she knows she will pass away soon.

Jun 2, 2011 7:38 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, they actually wrapped up all that stuff I wanted them to. o.O
This and the episode where Erio and Niwa "fly" are now my two favorites. How I am getting so excited about bottle rockets and bicycles flying into the ocean is beyond my comprehension, but I freaking love it.

Too bad Meme refused his proposal. I kind of feel sorry for him, somehow. Oh, and we have the ear-whisper again! So first Ryuushi, then Maekawa, now Meme. Erio and Niwa next?

Elliot's so sparkly! Just like Erio! And Meme. And apparently Oba-san. I want to see a grown-up Elliot, and I want him to be an alien.
Jun 2, 2011 8:07 PM
Jun 2009
I want to know wtf is with the alien stuff already really and anyone got the instructions on how to build that last rocket?
ROOMA4HELLJun 2, 2011 8:33 PM
Jun 2, 2011 8:47 PM

Oct 2010
this was an especially great episode
meme is such a cute, caring, and utterly awesome character
kinda feel bad for that yamamoto guy but at least there still friends :D

maybe the whole "alien" thing is supposed to symbolize granny's negativity and pessimism? So by knocking out the" aliens" she returned granny's zest for life which is apparent at the end of the episode cuz she's all sparkly.
RedGraveXIIIJun 2, 2011 9:04 PM
Jun 2, 2011 8:49 PM

Jan 2010
Well everyone was asking for more Meme after the previous episode. They certainly didn't hold back.

All kinds of good things have happened at Space Cadet Central because she invited that kid who has inappropriate thoughts about her to live with them, and was unable to convince him to leave Erio alone.

A strange but fun show. I should bump the score back up again.
Jun 2, 2011 9:15 PM

Feb 2008
good backstory ep, but not as funny as I usually like 4/5
Jun 2, 2011 9:18 PM

Sep 2010
Got stupid towards the end.
So I think I like Meme.
Jun 2, 2011 9:19 PM

Jun 2010
Oh so that's her grandma. I kept wondering who that was all that time. I know this was Meme's episode, but I still wanted more Erio.

Jun 2, 2011 9:28 PM

Nov 2010
Paiguy said:
Every episode should be a Meme episode.

i fully support this statement!

after the last two episodes with minimal Meme i needed this
Jun 2, 2011 10:01 PM

May 2011
like everyone has said this episode def was packed full of meme and threw in a background story of her as a kid.

Meme is def a cute character and it seems like she has a lot going on in her life.
on a sidenote I wonder if Elliot will make some kind of appearance
Jun 2, 2011 10:07 PM

Feb 2011
I thought it was funny how 28 years ago the Granny was still saying she would be dying soon. It's good to see her up and about.

Also more Meme! It was interesting to see the episode from her point of view. More shows need to do this.
Jun 2, 2011 10:39 PM

Feb 2011
I liked this episode it was a good change of atmosphere we get to see some adults reminisce about their past and love what nots other then always seeing the troubles of 16,17, or 18 year old high schoolers.
Jun 2, 2011 10:40 PM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

On the other hand I have observed the alien stuff being just a metaphor for other things like in this episode the grand-ma was expressing as though she knows she will pass away soon.

Exactly, this is a town in which aliens have been use as the excuse for a lot of events.

@Sartaj:
I agree with you there, she was probably rationalizing the fact that she wanted to be dead so badly, that is why Meme took her to see her husband at the end.

If i remember correctly Meme had a scratch on her hand, maybe she is the one behind the lost animal (probably pets). But I wouldn't be surprise if at the core of all of this there is an actual alien incident ^^
huh?
Jun 2, 2011 11:02 PM

Dec 2010
choyos said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Exactly, this is a town in which aliens have been use as the excuse for a lot of events.

@Sartaj:
I agree with you there, she was probably rationalizing the fact that she wanted to be dead so badly, that is why Meme took her to see her husband at the end.

If i remember correctly Meme had a scratch on her hand, maybe she is the one behind the lost animal (probably pets). But I wouldn't be surprise if at the core of all of this there is an actual alien incident ^^

This is definitely what I was thinking too except or the scratch on the hand. I still don't know what it could possibly be caused by.

Regarding this episode, I really enjoyed it. It showed a small recap from Meme's perspective on the last one or two episodes as well as a backstory of her life when she was a kid. It was funny to see the granny shocked when Ashiro launches the firework rocket. Erio was so cute as well.

Not sure if anyone pays attention to the bg music but doesn't the piano track during the scene where Elliot tells Meme to "knock them [aliens] out" sound familiar to you guys? I swear I've heard something similar in Clannad or something.

Jun 2, 2011 11:10 PM

Oct 2010
DesolateOne said:
choyos said:
Yumekichi11 said:

@Sartaj:

This is definitely what I was thinking too except or the scratch on the hand. I still don't know what it could possibly be caused by.
Could be a cat that caused the scratch.
DesolateOne said:
Not sure if anyone pays attention to the bg music but doesn't the piano track during the scene where Elliot tells Meme to "knock them [aliens] out" sound familiar to you guys? I swear I've heard something similar in Clannad or something.
IMO it's just a song to convey hope and was composed in that sense. Meme hopes Elliot will come back by seeing the big explosion.

Jun 2, 2011 11:34 PM

Feb 2010
Good episode really enjoy a part of Meme backstory.

That Elliot boy is so mysterious...
Jun 2, 2011 11:38 PM

Jul 2009
i just love perceptive people. meme really does a good job at perceiving things and knows the best possible solution.
Jun 2, 2011 11:41 PM

May 2011
I'm still trying to figure what's up with the glitter hair stuff. what does it mean?! it's driving me nuts.
Jun 2, 2011 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
And I still don't like Meme. She's like a boring, overused meme, everyone likes here while I don't.

Also, everyone in that family has fabulous sparkling hair. It wouldn't surprise me if Makoto grew some fabulous sparkling hair as well later on.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 3, 2011 12:47 AM
Mar 2010
DesolateOne said:

Yeah, it was very Clannad-esque wasn't it?
Jun 3, 2011 12:59 AM

Oct 2009
Shit just turned mindfuck.

I give up on understanding the logic behind this show, I'll be content with just watching my cutie Erio and Meme.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2011 1:07 AM

Jan 2009
Meme > Erio

It's gotten to the point that if there is no meme it will turn out to be a bad episode hence the last episode. But if there is no Erio then not much has changed.
Jun 3, 2011 1:25 AM

Jan 2009
Meme > Everything Else
Jun 3, 2011 3:40 AM

Jun 2009
Why does Elliot look like a douche to me?

Poor Yamamoto. He is a very nice guy but I'm glad Meme didn't accept the proposal. She's better off single anyway.

Anyway, pretty refreshing episode. The conversation of Meme and the grandma remind me of the good old days when I was with my deceased grandma. Oh the nostalgia :(
Jun 3, 2011 3:53 AM

Jul 2010
A Meme-filled episode of awesomeness! Very interesting to see what she's been up to all this time.

Last rocket was a gun powder filled rocket it seems. ^^

Jun 3, 2011 7:04 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
And I still don't like Meme. She's like a boring, overused meme, everyone likes here while I don't.

Yeah this. Although I don't really dislike her. I just don't care for her either way.

Thought this episode was pretty good anyway, I liked the backstory stuff. Little Meme was cute.
NOT ENOUGH ERIO. ;_;
Jun 3, 2011 8:04 AM

Jun 2009
・ Whole episode centered around Meme. +5
・ Lack of Erio. -3
・ Lack of Maekawa -4
・ Lack of Ryuuko. -3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 3, 2011 8:08 AM

Mar 2010
Why did this episode just remind me of the name of the kid in ET? lol
I don't mind an episode like this but I felt this episode was more like a filler.
OrochiPL said:
・ Whole episode centered around Meme. +5
・ Lack of Erio. -3
・ Lack of Maekawa -4
・ Lack of Ryuuko. -3

Exactly what I thought.
Jun 3, 2011 8:14 AM

Dec 2009
It was alright. I like Meme but she works better in smaller doses because here she really got in the way of more Erio. lol @ the random proposal though.
Ara ara.
Jun 3, 2011 9:03 AM
Nov 2010
DoubleDango said:
Shit just turned mindfuck.

I give up on understanding the logic behind this show, I'll be content with just watching my cutie Erio and Meme.

I second this statement

Just focus the entire show on Erio and Meme, and i will be completely satisfied with the show.
Jun 3, 2011 9:13 AM

Oct 2010
a nice episode, mainly about the aunt but it was quite nice.
i think i am slightly disappointed by this anime, i was hoping for something really amasing, but it has just been good, i souldnt get my hopes up so much, even though its not the end and i wonder how its going to end, i hope for the best!
Jun 3, 2011 9:50 AM

Nov 2008
Iilia said:

I want to see a grown-up Elliot, and I want him to be an alien.

And I really* don't.
Jun 3, 2011 10:41 AM

Aug 2010
This episode had a strange heavy feeling to it..

Jun 3, 2011 11:26 AM

May 2010
ByeByeMrMoon said:
This episode had a strange heavy feeling to it..

This. With Meme around, I thought it's just like fooling around but no, it isn't.

The presentation was in a strange and funny way but there's like something behind it.

I was curious as to what are they trying to "knock off" but I think the end part explains it.

It's all about pessimism from their past lives but strangely they symbolized it as alien stuff or something??

And after I saw Elliot, I'm now really looking Erio seriously as Meme's daughter. lol

Also, the hair-sparkles is really bugging me.
Jun 3, 2011 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
Honestly... Is it wierd if I wanna have Meme as my wife?......... I sooooooooo like her >.<

Jun 3, 2011 12:14 PM

Jun 2010
dragon132004 said:
Honestly... Is it wierd if I wanna have Meme as my wife?......... I sooooooooo like her >.<

Not at all, she's close to perfection. Though her daughter is slightly better for wife-tier.
Jun 3, 2011 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Sartaj said:
dragon132004 said:

Not at all, she's close to perfection. Though her daughter is slightly better for wife-tier.

I would marry both.

Jun 3, 2011 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
Hoppy said:
Sartaj said:
dragon132004 said:
I would marry both.
I wouldn't mind her as my aunt, I guess. I mean, who doesn't want a somewhat messed up aunt?
But wife? Not really, no.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 3, 2011 12:19 PM

Jun 2009
The worst episode!
Jun 3, 2011 12:50 PM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
I wouldn't mind her as my aunt, I guess. I mean, who doesn't want a somewhat messed up aunt?But wife? Not really, no.
No you would take as your wife Rin or Makise. Me? Well looks no further than Erio as she is in the following,

I could certainly live all my life with her just staring at the beauty. TBH this is the best pose, light tone and appearance of Erio I have seen to date. As such having a ideal wife you can appreciate her beauty each day would make you want to stay with her forever, unfortunately we are all mortals. So in a way I demand something immortal that is Erio.
desolatoJun 6, 2011 2:29 PM

Jun 3, 2011 2:24 PM

Mar 2011
OMFG AWESOME episode!!
Courtesy of Paul
Jun 3, 2011 3:32 PM

May 2010
The episode was okay. As much as I adore Meme, it was really lacking Erio as well. In my opinion I like them both on an even level playing field. But the other two girls, just get them the fuck out. Please?

As for Elliot, for some reason he reminds me of like a rock star. I bet he's already had his short lived career and overdosed and killed himself like all other great names do.

No more character centered episodes please? I'm begging here.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2011

220 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 14, 2:17 AM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 28, 2011

178 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 12, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

127 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 11, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 14, 2011

222 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 11, 12:37 PM

» What happened after episode 13?

tinydevil421 - Mar 3

4 by tinydevil421 »»
Mar 4, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.