Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2008 5:45 AM

Feb 2008
Man, its seriously flawed how the director decided to kill Oburi off at the end. It really added nothing to the plot and seemed completely inconsistent.
Its not that I particularly give a shit about the character, but it seemed as if the director thought "damn, I hate happy endings. Why not kill off this guy for the hell of it". It has no meaning whatsoeverl (you could argue he was 'saying' something about the cycle of violence, but that would be bullshit.)
I mean besides that, having a 10 yr old girl (non assassin) kill him is just SO bizzare and inconsistent with the rest of the basically "realistic" film (as in, it wasn't a David Lynch-ian type film until that scene.)

A better ending would have been to end it after Sawa and the cop finish fucking and reveal they had betrayed Oburi (if the purpose was to convey that message)...
Jul 3, 2008 4:39 PM

Apr 2008
I agree with you... why kill oburi -_-
Aug 4, 2008 3:16 PM
Aug 2008
Why do they need to make it end the way you want it to, though!?

I think it's better when the ending is different than what you expect or want to happen ;)
Aug 4, 2008 9:21 PM

Apr 2007
I think Oburi lived. Why? Turn your volume up at the end before Sawa turns her head. You can hear a door opening.

Aug 5, 2008 12:01 AM

Apr 2007
What>? The ending was totally awesome, i didn't see it coming.

Me loved the ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2008 5:39 AM

Feb 2008
Jessa said:
Why do they need to make it end the way you want it to, though!?

I think it's better when the ending is different than what you expect or want to happen ;)

Its not that they need to listen to what a fan thinks, but they should try and follow the laws of good story telling!

PandaPuff said:
I think Oburi lived. Why? Turn your volume up at the end before Sawa turns her head. You can hear a door opening.

Me thinks that's someone else...pay closer attention and you'll see:)

Siing said:

Me loved the ending.

No shit! WHo could??! They may as well dropped an atomic bomb or had Freddy Kruger come on scene and kill everyone.
Aug 10, 2008 5:33 PM

Jun 2008
Siing said:

Me loved the ending.

Agreed. The ending was perfect. Who actually expects a happy ending from an anime like this anyway? It would seem fucked up if it ended with them skipping off into the sunset.
I'm back.
Aug 10, 2008 7:57 PM

Apr 2007
Nathan-the-Axe said:
Siing said:

Me loved the ending.

Agreed. The ending was perfect. Who actually expects a happy ending from an anime like this anyway? It would seem fucked up if it ended with them skipping off into the sunset.

^Truth

/thread

Aug 31, 2008 2:25 PM
Jul 2008
I think the girl that shoot or killed which ever you prefer is the replacement for him which the cop talked about after having fun time with Sawa
Nov 12, 2008 12:47 PM

Sep 2008
Slykain said:

He didn't die. Didn't you remember at the end, Akai found Kanie dead, he went to the place Sawa 1st killed someone, thinking Oburi did it.
He found out Sawa there instead.
She said she killed Kanie and saved Oburi, then killed Akai, avenging her parents Deaths.

1 thing i though was stupid she did was she THREW BOTH GUNS AWAY. I would have kept at least 1 of them, with a gun that overkilling Exploding Bullets.

The ending didn't end as good as i though it would.
They should have at least showed him returning and not keep her waiting.

I take that back, when the girl shot him at the end, i wasn't watching it and didn't see the bullet hit him from his right side and go out the left side of his back.
He probably did die from blood loss.
If not that, when the bullet exploded he would almost Guaranteed to be dead then.

That would explain why Sawa disappeared and wasn't seen from cause he never came back (he was going to but kinda can't if your dead).
He really did care for those cats, since he was getting cat food for them.
Shows not all Assassins are bad.

She still should have kept a gun, i mean COME ON, why toss 1.
Once you start down the Road as an Assassin, there is no turning back then.
It only takes 1 person from 1 of your targets to want revenge on you.

Gonna watch the OVA soon. Hope it's good.
Saw the OVA, i thought it was better at some parts then the original.
The Hentai parts weren't needed in the story (Original), which made the Kite Liberator OVA better.
MasterJ633Nov 14, 2008 11:42 AM
Nov 12, 2008 12:51 PM

Nov 2008
Elfen Lied
i want Lucy to be with Kouta!! >.<
Yuka...go to hell!!

Mirage of Blaze
nothing, and i mean nothing, happened!! T_T
That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie And With Strange Eons Even Death May Die
Nov 17, 2008 9:33 AM

Aug 2007
Oh God...Why that little bitch killed Oburi? =(
I was so happy that Sawa killed that bastard and then Oburi died o.o'' Why???

PandaPuff said:

I coudn't hear nothing T_T But I think Oburi lived too ^^

Dec 12, 2008 4:26 PM

Aug 2008
Bizarre? Inconsistent? Unrealistic? Are we talking about the same movie here? The ending was absolutely necessary. What did you expect? Sawa and Oburi to live happily ever after? No way! As Sawa explained earlier in the film, "Ten years...Five years...Even Tomorrow may never come to us, all I can do is live life to the fullest." Simply put, they never expected to live a life outside of their profession. The ending is proof of that.
Jan 22, 2009 12:34 AM

Dec 2007
I must say I didnt see that ending coming though if you really think about it, it was a rather suitable ending to a pretty good anime .
Apr 5, 2009 1:58 AM

Feb 2009
hey guys, where did you even watch this anime? i can't seem to find it.
[url=http://www.squiby.net/level/4135737]
Dec 19, 2010 4:50 AM
Nov 2008
At first I thought it was kind've lame too, but I rewatched it and it wasn't that lame because I don't think Oburi died (well at least i'm hoping). The gun shot did not hit any of his fatal areas such as heart and head so I'm hoping he didn't die. But then again the little girl who shot him did look at him after he shot him to make sure he was dead. I'm hoping that Oburi played dead since he threw away all of his weapons, I'm assuming. At the end I also think that the footsteps belong to Oburi (or it could just be wishful thinking).
Feb 4, 2011 4:21 AM

Jun 2010
I think it was a foreseeable ending. Oburi had to die.

Akai expected him - not Kanie - to be dead in this place where the murder of Sawas parents happened. (the first place he killed for them)

So it is likely that Oburi was the Assassin who killed Sawas parents with the order coming from Kanie and Akai. And also Sawa was looking at the girl through the window when Oburi shot the basketball,
so it is possible that she hired her.

(But that is all mere theory and speculation of mine!)

Edit: Oburi committing the actual murder of her parents could also be the reason for
... him knowing that Akai and Kanie where behind their deaths.
... him being so curious of Sawas earrings - and so shocked that they are stained
with the blood of her parents (so he had seen the earrings before)
AsturaetusFeb 4, 2011 6:04 AM
Apr 20, 2011 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
^i think thats way of a stretch

great movie tho...and i dont believe oburi is dead either. the shot was from the side and i re-watched the exit splash of blood like...100x over.

plus the fact that when he was fighting on the train against the SWAT cop, he endured quite.. a bit

also who would be opening the door at the end neways? im sure they wouldnt have been so dumb to leave any traces of where sawa was

regardles...epic. bit too much on the H side, but the content was excellent

edit: also want to add...there is zero proof that oburi is dead. All the other deaths in the anime consisted of clear headshots/exploding bullets to the heart/etc...Oburi's shot went in and out....
removed-userApr 21, 2011 1:47 PM
Apr 7, 2015 3:53 AM
Nov 2014
i liked the ending, you can add any interpretation you like. either oburi is dead and the person opening the door is the assassin to kill sawa, or oburi survived and made his way back to his flat, and you can hear him opening his door at the end. i prefer the second option.
Jul 16, 2016 7:12 PM

May 2015
I’m not going to lie I think the ending fit perfectly with the anime theme...

NeloAngelus said:
I think the girl that shoot or killed which ever you prefer is the replacement for him which the cop talked about after having fun time with Sawa
+1

Greorgy said:
Bizarre? Inconsistent? Unrealistic? Are we talking about the same movie here? The ending was absolutely necessary. What did you expect? Sawa and Oburi to live happily ever after? No way! As Sawa explained earlier in the film, "Ten years...Five years...Even Tomorrow may never come to us, all I can do is live life to the fullest." Simply put, they never expected to live a life outside of their profession. The ending is proof of that.
This...

homufer said:
I must say I didnt see that ending coming though if you really think about it, it was a rather suitable ending to a pretty good anime .
+1
Dec 29, 2016 4:00 AM

Sep 2013
I think that the real point of the ending wasn't to the guy. It was to show that there are other assassin groups out there and maybe Sawa will have to tangle with them in a sequel. I mean, the 2 main bad guys were dead. Who would have given the order to the pigtailed girl to kill Obori? She had a gun similar to the ones Sawa and Oburi used so she must have been an assassin and not just some kid who happened to have a gun. Nice setup for a followup series imo

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 24, 2017 11:42 PM

Jul 2013
Talon184 said:
I think that the real point of the ending wasn't to the guy. It was to show that there are other assassin groups out there and maybe Sawa will have to tangle with them in a sequel. I mean, the 2 main bad guys were dead. Who would have given the order to the pigtailed girl to kill Obori? She had a gun similar to the ones Sawa and Oburi used so she must have been an assassin and not just some kid who happened to have a gun. Nice setup for a followup series imo

The answer to that was already given earlier. The girl was the new assassin that the mustachio man talked about (Oburis replacement)
Aug 27, 2020 5:36 PM
Oct 2018
I just didn't understand why the girl killed him, just because of a basketball? well that only the author knows.
Aug 27, 2020 5:58 PM

Jan 2009
yep i remember being angry why they kill her lover in the end fuck that shit seriously
Feb 24, 2021 12:45 PM

Oct 2020
I think the ending was shocking and very sad for Sawa. She thought she saved Oburi and herself from their slave assassins life but turns out the little girl with the basketball became the new child assassin and I guess she was also the one that came to kill her at the end.
Jul 3, 2021 11:42 PM
Aug 17, 2021 11:30 PM
Jul 2020
MasterJ633 said:
Slykain said:

He didn't die. Didn't you remember at the end, Akai found Kanie dead, he went to the place Sawa 1st killed someone, thinking Oburi did it.
He found out Sawa there instead.
She said she killed Kanie and saved Oburi, then killed Akai, avenging her parents Deaths.

1 thing i though was stupid she did was she THREW BOTH GUNS AWAY. I would have kept at least 1 of them, with a gun that overkilling Exploding Bullets.

The ending didn't end as good as i though it would.
They should have at least showed him returning and not keep her waiting.

I take that back, when the girl shot him at the end, i wasn't watching it and didn't see the bullet hit him from his right side and go out the left side of his back.
He probably did die from blood loss.
If not that, when the bullet exploded he would almost Guaranteed to be dead then.

That would explain why Sawa disappeared and wasn't seen from cause he never came back (he was going to but kinda can't if your dead).
He really did care for those cats, since he was getting cat food for them.
Shows not all Assassins are bad.

She still should have kept a gun, i mean COME ON, why toss 1.
Once you start down the Road as an Assassin, there is no turning back then.
It only takes 1 person from 1 of your targets to want revenge on you.

Gonna watch the OVA soon. Hope it's good.
Saw the OVA, i thought it was better at some parts then the original.
The Hentai parts weren't needed in the story (Original), which made the Kite Liberator OVA better.
I’d like to believe he survived cuz of the ending it’s an open one for people to decide how it ended so I’d go with that only difference or anomaly would be liberator
Sep 15, 2021 2:37 AM

Aug 2015
I didnt dislike the ending but I thought that maybe a more "bombastic" ending would have been more appropiate, according to the way this OVAs flow
Oct 28, 2021 5:21 PM
Sep 2017
That ending sucked. I dont know whats the point of this anime. Is just sad and sad until the end.

Garbage movie.

Dec 26, 2021 4:58 AM

Dec 2020
NeloAngelus said:

Same here,I am thinking the same and the ending was not really satisfying but also was like Didn't see that coming

For your Information:

May 7, 2022 2:02 PM
May 2022
It makes perfect sense. Oburi and sawa where ALREADY replaced. After AKAI finished taping sawa for the last time he tells her he already has a replacement. Sawa killing both akai and his partner doesn't know who knew assassin is. There's a scene right before oburi who should have been killed by a fake hit on a cop he was sent out, confronts akai. Right before you see the little girl sad with new basketball in a dark alley. I believe just as sawa was raped and used as a child to become a assassin he used that same little girl to kill oburi. In beginning of movie you notice akai uses multiple assassins to guarantee the job gets done. The basketball girl is new assassin akai spoke about. DUUUURRRR HAHAHA
May 7, 2022 6:53 PM

Sep 2018
the sad part at the end isn't Oburi and Sawa being killed; the sad part is the hungry kitty-cats not getting their catfood! 😿
Sep 4, 2022 3:45 PM
Oct 2020
I thought Oburi was shot in the leg and didn't die But apparently there was blood??

I have no particular opinion on the movie but I don't think it's notable enough, however eye-catching the character designs are and good the animation is.
Sep 6, 2022 4:03 PM
Feb 2019
I think oce you live life as a criminal there is no stoping, you will always be trapped for it...
I'm pretty sure the girl who killed Oburi is the one who opened the door and she is about to kill Sawa as well...
That is like a big mafia, maybe Sawa and Oburi were not the only assassins there...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kite Episode 1 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Apr 23, 2009

21 by Burayan »»
Feb 16, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Kite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MaxCrazy7 - Apr 23, 2009

50 by oraha12 »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:42 PM

» Amazing action scene quality, looking for more like this.

Zarutaku - Nov 13, 2023

1 by Theo1899 »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:30 PM

» "Sex scenes were necessary to the story"

Blackouting - Mar 8, 2014

27 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Dec 18, 2022 4:53 AM

» So who's here from Dr Henti's video

nhl2004 - Aug 5, 2021

14 by E2WHvX6yZPFHNCed »»
Nov 12, 2021 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.