Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 12, 2011 2:28 PM
Jul 2010
shinki7 said:
Why does next episode preview look like sasuke is killing karin?

he is probably finishing her, since she was still breathing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2011 3:23 PM

Apr 2009
The only problem with Danzo now is that he was a complete asshole for every single episode he's been in up to this point, and now they want us to sympathize? I will admit that I like him a little bit more, but one episode of redeeming factors doesn't weigh up against many episodes of him being a douche.

That said, Danzo never really got on my nerves that much to begin with, so whatever happened to him wouldn't bother me anyway.

May 12, 2011 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
I had some sympathy for Danzo but still no respect for him because of the path he chose that is all. He did it to protect the village yeah, but really stupidly imo. I'm startion to care for sasuke less and less although I never really liked him in the 1st place, but eh, what can ya do? Overall this was actually the 1st episode in NS where I actually didn't mind seeing flashbacks considering the 2nd Hokage (my fav) was in it =) can't wait till next week.
May 12, 2011 4:15 PM
Sep 2007
Danzo himself said he doesn't value his own life.

The whole point about him was that you can't protect something without underhanded tactics and sacrifices.

I don't know if you guys forgot, but shinobi doesn't jump straight before you and fight fair.

If it wasn't for him and Root, Konoha would be long gone even before Orochimaru's assault.
May 12, 2011 5:22 PM

Jul 2010
Osaka117 said:
The only problem with Danzo now is that he was a complete asshole for every single episode he's been in up to this point, and now they want us to sympathize? I will admit that I like him a little bit more, but one episode of redeeming factors doesn't weigh up against many episodes of him being a douche.
I think his background story was meant to give his character understanding more than pity so we know why he did what he did, however stupid and wrong it was. I still don't like him, but knowing he had some twisted motivation for his actions is better than nothing.

So is Karin really dead? If she is then I am so fucking happy. Didn't expect Sakura to show up so soon, either. She gets to see Sasuke as he takes another step towards the "dark side" by killing his lolworthy comrade. Oh, and I love the trollface Sasuke made while following Danzo.
May 12, 2011 5:59 PM

Jun 2010
I actually liked this battle. Danzo and Sasuke was an awesome match. I can't believe he had to sacrifice Karin in order to kill him. That's messed up.

May 12, 2011 6:35 PM

May 2009
That animation for Danzo running from sasuke was really awkward >_>, Danzo became badass tho, his death reminded me a lot of Jiraiya's death scene :D.
May 12, 2011 7:05 PM
Oct 2010
I can't believe I got emotional when Danzo died :S I really liked this insight/flashback, y he is/was a solid character. Sandaime and Danzo, Light and Dark. He was morally messed up, but he had a true feeling of loyalty towards Konoha. (here comes the shinobi life style as sacrificial pawns again... so old school)

So now Sasuke killed the real culprit of his family's tragedy...and that doesn't even matter, because he is a complete bastard (not saying that I don't like it >:) ). next episode Sakura ...how the hell did she got there so fast? how did she know Sasuke's location?

She obviously doesn't stand a chance. Sasuke throws an idgaf/just die line as usual and...well I'm already "half spoiled" on this -.- but it is obvious anyway. Kakashi saves the day! ("I hope I get there in time!" gets me back to Naruto vs Sasuke...)

Jallium said:
shinki7 said:
Why does next episode preview look like sasuke is killing karin?

he is probably finishing her, since she was still breathing

They never die with one blow. NINJAS DIE HARD (even Karin >.>)

May 12, 2011 7:15 PM
May 2009
Did it bother anybody else how little Sasuke being stabbed through the chest accomplished?
Also, Danzo's combat ability is incredibly pathetic. Sasuke managed to distract him for like 4 minutes with shurikens and lame tricks while he was manipulating space/time. Pfft, and he thought he had any right challenging Madara.
May 12, 2011 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
i like what they did with danzo, i dont think this was in the manga. good job danzo, you werent so bad after all. and it's true, sometimes, no matter how hard we try, we will only walk in the shadow of another.
May 12, 2011 8:15 PM
Apr 2011
Kurogashi said:
i like what they did with danzo, i dont think this was in the manga. good job danzo, you werent so bad after all.

Nahh, this was in the manga too, most of it at least, but I will say that the flashback animated does nudge me more.

Kurogashi said:
good job danzo, you werent so bad after all.

haha no matter how you think about it, Danzo was pretty much a douche. His characted hasn't changed, we just see it in a different light.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

May 12, 2011 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
Wow! Amazing episode! Now i have to wait a week = x
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
May 12, 2011 9:14 PM

Nov 2010
wow, this makes Sasuke look like a super douche XD

which... he is.
May 12, 2011 10:41 PM

Oct 2010
Lol you guys all judging danzou like you think you know better than him... "he was misguided.." c'mon... He knew perfectly well what he was doing and honestly he was probably the only one in konoha who really was looking out for the village in the best way. tsunade was always overly concerned and overly trusting of naruto. danzou had a much broader view on everything taking everything into account. he didn't let any emotions get in the way. I think he was a great great character that unfortunately ended just as we really got to know him :/

Great episode though, good stuff
May 13, 2011 1:54 AM

Jun 2008
ShadowGilgamesh said:
wow, this makes Sasuke look like a super douche XD

which... he is.

Sasuke was a douche LONG before this....

Now he's become a retarded faggot bent on revenge for what exactly????

Because Konoha "betrayed" Itachi and made him kill his clan which made Sasugay hate Itachi, so he later KILLS Itachi only to find out "hey, he wasn't so bad", so now he must destroy Konoha, because he wants revenge for Itachi.....who he killed!!!!!!!!!

No more jokes, IMO, Sasugay will go down as the WORST ANIME CHARACTER EVER, Kishimoto should just admit he messed up an apologize to everyone.
May 13, 2011 2:14 AM

Dec 2010
Wow. That was really unexpected. Now i dont hate Danzo as much anymore, his relationships with the other characters and the villages is sweet hate. Seeing his past with the 3rd Hokage and the 2nd Hokage was one of the best scenes. ( and Sasuke's face was just epically creepy 0-0 while he was chasing Danzo effortlessly. I felt really sorry and the bloodied foot steps with the switch cut really emphasized how intense and desperate Danzo was. Ooooh.
Next episode Sakura makes it in time to save Karin? Hmm, dont know if she has fully dies or not. I have a feeling she isnt, as shes one of the best support characters.
And what happened to Naruto? Is he breathing properly again? lol
May 13, 2011 2:40 AM

May 2009
As I recall this is topic about ep. 211 and not what will happen in the next one.

Rianri said:
NINJAS DIE HARD (even Karin >.>)

Sasuke should stab her few more times to be sure ;q

I dont get one thing, Danzo said "Hiruzen, it's my turn next. Just as you gave your life to protect the Hidden Leaf. This time, I will". He is referring to not letting his eye be took? (lol, this would change the world) Or as he said earlier, to kill Madara and Sasuke? (if this, he failed hard) Last option: to his overall work in protecting village (he is a stubborn old geezer if he thinks w/o him Konoha would fall easily)

PS. Sai's seal on tongue remains? xD
May 13, 2011 3:47 AM

Jun 2010
Never liked Karin anyways.

May 13, 2011 5:14 AM

Feb 2011
finally that red hair dies, though knowing the way Naruto goes she'll come back but now that sakura's here the fun times begin. if everyone remembers the trailer for the kage arc you'll know what sasukes gonna do.

best episode so far, right before dying Danzo becomes a badass.

episode 6/5
May 13, 2011 5:57 AM

Jun 2008
That face, that face!!!!!

Danzo's running at the end made little sense to me. Wasn't he claiming that he wasn't afraid of death? He already knew he was hit in a critical part what did he thought he will accomplish by trying to run? He might as well used that little power left, to do something with the sharingan eye he had or try and grab Sasuke and explode with him.
Or was that to show that in the end he didn't change from the past and he was still fearful of death no matter what he claimed? That he was still shaking inside like he was so many years ago when he thought about the suicide mission?

frank_desu said:
Lol you guys all judging danzou like you think you know better than him... "he was misguided.." c'mon... He knew perfectly well what he was doing and honestly he was probably the only one in konoha who really was looking out for the village in the best way. tsunade was always overly concerned and overly trusting of naruto. danzou had a much broader view on everything taking everything into account. he didn't let any emotions get in the way. I think he was a great great character that unfortunately ended just as we really got to know him :/

Great episode though, good stuff

Emm... he was misguided. Sure Tsunade takes more sentimental decisions but that doesn't make Danzo not misguided. His goals where indeed based on good logic but he had terrible ideas on how to achieve them.
He wanted to make Konoha stronger by fear in their leader instead of trust, that shit don't work, nether in anime nor reality. He also wanted to unify the Ninja world by subduing them and tricking them, again that shit can't work. He completely underestimated everyone, thinking he was all powerful and can make people go with his ways simply by means of deceive and power.
He had no idea how smart, goal-driven and powerful other people can be.
We saw that in the summit when he got caught like an idiot trying to manipulate a person and lost all trust and authority at the summit and then we saw the same thing in his fight with Sasuke, underestimating him and thinking about Madara letting himself getting caught in a small tricky genjoutsu and after that again trying to use Karin underestimating the circumstances and what Sasuke was capable.
He was living in his own dream kookoo land and he never realized it.
May 13, 2011 6:49 AM

Apr 2011
Danzo was awesome in the end! I really didnt like him before but now......... He is a great guy!!! Perfect ending and loved it when i saw the second and third hokage.xD
May 13, 2011 8:05 AM

Jan 2011
mootjee said:
Danzo was awesome in the end! I really didnt like him before but now......... He is a great guy!!! Perfect ending and loved it when i saw the second and third hokage.xD

agree, i like Danzo too.. He died as Hokage to protect Konoha(although his way misguided), in the end he realized he never surpass Hiruzen
May 13, 2011 8:29 AM

Dec 2010
After reading the manga it is still very sad seeing danzo's past. Felt sorry for him when he was trying to run with all the blood and Sasuke just having some evil face on him.
Sasuke keeps getting worse ...
May 13, 2011 8:31 AM

May 2009
I dont think Danzo is so great. If he would have more chakra/strong jutsu's (Izanagi is timed immortality, nothing more) he would be similar to Pain (Peace due fear) with much worse background story. I dont know how he was maintaining control over the root
May 13, 2011 8:46 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode. I guess I always thought Danzo actually did care about Konoha but he was too much of a coward to be Hokage.
May 13, 2011 9:10 AM

Apr 2009
Ah seeing Hiruzen made me really sad again. I missed him, I was sad when he died with a smile on his face wayyy back in the first airing of Naruto on the local channel here in my country. Yup I guess I like that old geezer that much even though he's just a side character on this series. Danzo on the other hand, got only pity from me. In a way, at least he died thinking his sacrifice will be for Konoha, no matter how futile it was.

Sasuke is turning out to be one sick bastard is he? I almost hate him now like Makoto from School Days.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 13, 2011 3:30 PM

Mar 2008
So... Did Danzo even use his genjutsu, the one you can't notice?
I have a feeling we'll be seeing Danzo again later.
May 13, 2011 3:30 PM

Oct 2008
Finally Danzo dies. I respect that he tried to do whats best for Konoha and Ninja World as a whole, but his methods are inexcusable. He let his thirst for power get to his head. He sent so many to their deaths, but in the end he ran scared of dying. Very fitting end for Danzo imo.
May 13, 2011 4:15 PM

May 2009
Arcanus said:
So... Did Danzo even use his genjutsu, the one you can't notice?
I have a feeling we'll be seeing Danzo again later.

Usually in Naruto after this kind of flashbacks from past discovering their true self/beliefs/desires - their're pretty sure dead :p
May 13, 2011 10:45 PM
Jan 2008
danzo isn't that great of a character... where was danzo when Pain attacked konoha? and danzo killed the messanger frog that tried to inform naurto. he doesn't love or wants to protect konoha. he wants nothing but power. I'm interested in what kind of power did itachi gave naruto. can't wait for that. >.>
May 14, 2011 3:44 AM

May 2009
He was hiding under Konoha, waiting until Pain will destroy village and kill Tsunade, it was his plan to take over the village (it was in anime and manga, dunno how you missed it lol). But also I wonder, he had sharingans + wooden element to control kyubi, so shouldnt he help naruto after comeback in defeating Pain, should he? I noticed few flaws in the story :(
May 14, 2011 10:00 AM

Dec 2007
Godly episode! Danzo was the man! The flashbacks were killer, and made dazo into an awesome character!

rip Danzo.

I wonder what happend to Suigetsu and Juugo after they got caught, and what will happen to them?
May 14, 2011 6:56 PM

Dec 2010
Sasuke is just getting worse and I doubt Karin is dead. Sasuke probably abandoned Juugo and Suigetsu, so Team Taka is no more...
May 14, 2011 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
sick Sasuke should kick the bucket already! talking to his dead nii-san which he killed himself sums it all up, mental case emo boy has clearly matured *rolleyes*

but good episodes! i like very much ^^
May 14, 2011 11:55 PM
Oct 2007
<3 the Danzo flashbacks!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2011 3:42 AM

May 2009
srsly' best "mangas" episode so far.
May 15, 2011 4:35 AM

Mar 2011
Fingers crossed that annoying little red head is DEAD.
May 15, 2011 5:26 PM

Apr 2009
I always watch them
Monad said:
That face, that face!!!!!

Danzo's running at the end made little sense to me. Wasn't he claiming that he wasn't afraid of death? He already knew he was hit in a critical part what did he thought he will accomplish by trying to run? He might as well used that little power left, to do something with the sharingan eye he had or try and grab Sasuke and explode with him.
Or was that to show that in the end he didn't change from the past and he was still fearful of death no matter what he claimed? That he was still shaking inside like he was so many years ago when he thought about the suicide mission?

Well Danzo was always looking out for the greater good. Madara was the bigger target, so he didn't want to waste his final technique on some "small fry." So he act like his running away to basically get Madara to come to him.

Well I kinda returned to Naruto again just now and ended up seeing all the episodes quickly again. I try not to watch often because it takes too long to do the story, I think I'll start reading the Manga soon.

I always liked Danzo because he has that "for the greater good, no matter the cost" and I personally hold a similar belief on certain things. So I really liked how they ended it showing his relationship with the Third. It was really sweet.

The only thing I didn't like about this is that Danzo doesn't kill Karin, it doesn't make sense; he would instantly put out the order to kill Ao and possibly cause a war (he would kill Ao himself if he had the chance), but he doesn't kill this sensor type. I guess its just to show a bigger turning point for Sasuke; but I feel it goes against Danzo personality, he wouldn't risk a sensor watching his movements (Karin was useless anyway but still)

Danzo not killing Karin really bugged me and that is why I decided to post my thoughts somewhere. I don't have a problem with Karin but after reading a couple of comments I guess most people do. LOL.
^_^
May 16, 2011 8:07 AM

Jun 2009
...I was waiting for someone to pop up with this but since no one did I will go ahead and do it myself.

Anyone else think Sasuke went blind on his right eye? I never seen an Uchiha being able to "turn on" his sharingan one at a time and we all know crying blood every 5 seconds would eventually get to him.... so, whats up with that?

Almost Thursday again weee ^^
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
May 16, 2011 8:09 AM

May 2009
evoslip said:
Danzo not killing Karin really bugged me and that is why I decided to post my thoughts somewhere. I don't have a problem with Karin but after reading a couple of comments I guess most people do. LOL.
^_^

Because in first episode her love to Sasuke was funny a bit, but it became real pain to watch over and over her boring attitude

You know, in every anime main characters are somehow special :P As said in previous episode almost every Uchica member will eventually lose sight while using sharingan too much, but there is a way to counter this by obtaining eternal sharingan
YummySpaghettiMay 16, 2011 12:11 PM
May 16, 2011 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
akihikosama said:
Finally Danzo dies. I respect that he tried to do whats best for Konoha and Ninja World as a whole, but his methods are inexcusable. He let his thirst for power get to his head. He sent so many to their deaths, but in the end he ran scared of dying. Very fitting end for Danzo imo.

In the manga Danzo didn't run. Madara appeared before him right after he was stabbed. Anime ruining his reputation. Dude owned.

http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-481-page-10.html
May 16, 2011 3:35 PM
May 2011
VitaX said:
akihikosama said:

In the manga Danzo didn't run. Madara appeared before him right after he was stabbed. Anime ruining his reputation. Dude owned.

I agree. Danzou wasn't afraid of dying, he just had more things he wanted to accomplish. I still think his methods were questionable if not plain evil, but he did it for the village.
May 16, 2011 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
VitaX said:
akihikosama said:

You can see him running away a few pages back.

http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-481-page-3.html
May 16, 2011 6:45 PM

Jun 2009
Danzo running away was more about twisted Sasuke chasing him than anything else, I hardly think they even bothered thinking about Danzo when they (either the anime production staff or Kishimoto) opted for that outcome.

@Furine

I am aware of that, just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon (if it actually did go trough).

New question then... would this "new" Sasuke be willing to dig up his brother's body to snatch his eyes? I remember him specifically telling Madara no when he was told about the "ultimate" Uchiha eyes, but right now I am not so sure the answer would be the same. If he managed to deceive himself into killing (attempted at least.... but we will see about that) Karin I think he could pull off an argument that desecrating his body would actually be something Itachi would approve off.
May 16, 2011 11:49 PM

May 2009
So far he's going by logic, but when he will go on full rampage he will be able to do it. Watching how he is progressing with vengeance and hate stuff its not far from it.
May 17, 2011 4:26 AM
Nov 2010
I don't really expect Karin to die. "Karin, don't move!" implies that he just messed up Danzou's guts not hers.

Oh and Danzou's suicide was not only to bomb the bridge but also to prevent Shisui's Sharingan to get into Madara's hands.

In the end I find it sad that Danzou is already out of the game. As much as I found him to be the wrong leader for Konoha it could have become somewhat interesting to see how he'd rebuild the village.
May 17, 2011 4:28 AM
Nov 2010
711 said:

New question then... would this "new" Sasuke be willing to dig up his brother's body to snatch his eyes? I remember him specifically telling Madara no when he was told about the "ultimate" Uchiha eyes, but right now I am not so sure the answer would be the same. If he managed to deceive himself into killing (attempted at least.... but we will see about that) Karin I think he could pull off an argument that desecrating his body would actually be something Itachi would approve off.

Why should he dig him up? He already received Itachi's powers.
May 17, 2011 6:13 AM

May 2009
for eternal sharingan is what he meant by that (by taking other user's eyes with mangekyou shringan activated he cant go blind anymore, I don't know if some imba dojutsu are posible after that since MAdara is still a mystery)
May 17, 2011 7:12 AM

Jun 2009
@Furine

That.

Also important to note that one can only do that with his own brother... like Madara did with his.

@wuzzle

"Karin, don't move!" implies that he just messed up Danzou's guts not hers.

Nice catch. That indeed might be the case.... for once Karin's glasses were thrown away when she felt to the ground but in the preview they were in her meaning either a gross continuity problem (not that far fetched actually considering Korean/Chinese in-betwen animation prowess) or that Sasuke actually put them back on.

Also the fact (already pointed) that he had a chidori going on while staring at Karin when Sakura appeared, meaning either he was going for the final blow (unlikely) or maybe trying to cauterize the wound (probably a stunt to create an emotional pitch were Sakura misinterprets his actions and we all can feel bad for him lulz).

God dammit, it's been a while since the last time I even bothered theorizing about Shippuuden... this goes to show how good the plot is picking up ;p
May 17, 2011 12:49 PM

May 2009
Action is very jumpy right now and we only know what Naruto, Sakura, Garaa and other Konoha youngsters are thinking, but unfortunately we can't be sure whats up in Sasuke's head.. I think he didnt care about Karin much, he might thought "If you wont move, you might have bigger chance to survive, good for you"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.