Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2008 6:59 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was a very enjoyable series I had fun watching it, does anyone know if there going to be a season II?
Jul 5, 2008 7:07 PM

May 2008
I don´t think there will be a second season...
But the series was OK...even though it isn´t a masterpiece, it is very fun^^
Jun 7, 2009 12:50 AM

Jul 2008
so the battle ended last episode? fine, fine, and so they have a huge party to celebrate, and kouhei is just getting sucked dry! lol ^_^
but everything turns out pretty good in the end
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 20, 2009 10:19 PM

Feb 2008
what i don't get is that the Master went through so much trouble to get her back and now he just has given up? i think there is room for a second season but you know how these things go.

it was a good show, very enjoyable.
Jun 22, 2009 2:32 AM
Jun 2009
yes I really love it too, but after watching ep. no 26 I have no point on it couse the history was cut in the middle of the action or smth likes that.
Oct 8, 2009 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
I think that's mostly because the manga hadn't gone any further than that point I thought the same thing as well xD.
Click it! :D
Oct 9, 2009 4:05 PM
Dec 2008
kage-bunshin said:
so the battle ended last episode? fine, fine, and so they have a huge party to celebrate, and kouhei is just getting sucked dry! lol ^_^
but everything turns out pretty good in the end

I actually had a ep 26. which was just a bit of fun, but it was the proper end!
Jun 17, 2011 1:03 AM

Oct 2010
This was pretty impressive. Not like omfg this is a 10, but it took my by surprise as I expected something far worse than this.

7/10 - Decent Comedy but the plot was really weak on the edges. Also the ending was meh.

On a side note:
I had no Idea this was SHAFT until like episode 5sh where I start to realize all the weird camera work and overall composition. This show really shows how SHAFT start experimenting with their ways of production that later on lead to really nice anime like Bake, Arakawa and Madoka.
huh?
Nov 21, 2012 10:00 PM

Nov 2011
Overall, an okay series. It has many sweet moments imo and balanced the romance/comedy quite well. I admit that Hazuki is quite annoying at times but once you get into the series, it becomes less of a bother. That OP song was fucking annoying though.

7/10.
Jun 17, 2014 6:39 PM

May 2012
Everything reverted to its usual self and well for the ending of this serie ti was pretty decent and rather cute :3 The series on itself had some nice character development also some intense action all in all a pretty good anime! Let's see what the extra episode has to offer though.
Jan 23, 2018 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
^This guy gave me a cancer. Seriously, I can't stand attitude like this. Fucking elitists. [edit after 5 years: the post was deleted]

One of the best series by Shaft if not the best. So warm and comfy. Direction was absolutely amazing. Great character development, atmosphere. I loved the whole creativity of animators and script writers. Simple things like little changes in every OP, 'つづく' placement. Awesome cooperation between scripts (and puns) with visuals. Of course I loved the art and character design. Hazuki was so cute. Kohei's grandfather has amazing design as well.
I will miss this series so much. I need do buy manga set from Japan.
Oh and OP song. Dimitri From Paris did wonderful work. Neko mimi mode is now one of my favorite openings of all time.
Tsukuyomi made me remember why I loved Shaft. Unfortunately Shaft is no longer the same Shaft anymore which is kinda sad.
9.5/10.
rsc-plSep 2, 2022 11:40 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 25, 2018 2:50 AM

Apr 2010
was it never confirmed how Hazuki and Kyouhei found out grandpa was alive?
Jul 18, 2020 6:37 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty decent & unique series. I can see why sour people don’t care for it.

8/10
Nov 15, 2020 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
It was a cool ending
It's a pity that I had some doubts

how are Ryuuhei and Elfriede alive?

There was also that thing in Ryuumei's chest that appeared in episode 23 that was not explained what it was, and also why the two were hidden
Aug 29, 2022 7:02 AM
Jun 2013
mazen said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was a very enjoyable series I had fun watching it, does anyone know if there going to be a season II?

This comment aged well. Indeed, this was 2006's best anime. While it has been years, since the anime has ended, I also find it sad that there is no season 2 or even a movie T_T.
Like Code Geass, 2008[s best anime, I had hoped a movie would come out years later after the anime ended. but Moon Phase sadly had nothing new over the years. Not even a remake like Rurouni Kenshin T_T.

There had been plenty of unanswered questions like what happened to Kouhei's mother? Did she really abandoned her son like Kouhei thinks.
How did Hazuki's mother died. Did maybe Hazuki's father kill his wife?
Has Hazuki's father given up in trying to reclaim Hazuki?

A part of me honestly hoped for a Season 2, or a movie to answer many of the Moon Phase's unsolved questions, after some years passed but sadly it seems that wish will never come true. So, to satisfy our thirst, we can only rely on the anime recommendation section for similar anime.

rsc-pl said:
^This guy gave me a cancer. Seriously, I can't stand attitude like this. Fucking elitists.

One of the best series by Shaft if not the best. So warm and comfy. Direction was absolutely amazing. Great character development, atmosphere. I loved the whole creativity of animators and script writers. Simple things like little changes in every OP, 'つづく' placement. Awesome cooperation between scripts (and puns) with visuals. Of course I loved the art and character design. Hazuki was so cute. Kohei's grandfather has amazing design as well.
I will miss this series so much. I need do buy manga set from Japan.
Oh and OP song. Dimitri From Paris did wonderful work. Neko mimi mode is now one of my favorite openings of all time.
Tsukuyomi made me remember why I loved Shaft. Unfortunately Shaft is no longer the same Shaft anymore which is kinda sad.
9.5/10.

I agree the character development was well paced. And I also like the anime opening; Hazuki is probably the best loli vampire even now. I hope that Shaft would make a continuation of Moon Phase, but sadly that may never happen in the future. At the very least, like Hunter X Hunter, an anime remake would be nice.
greed2Oct 4, 2022 6:56 AM
Nov 15, 2022 4:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol that was a silly ending but it fits the show, didn't really please or entertain me overall, that was Shaft's debuts anyway
Jan 5, 2023 9:53 AM
Jun 2013
Ashhk said:
Lol that was a silly ending but it fits the show, didn't really please or entertain me overall, that was Shaft's debuts anyway
The debut was big back then. 
The anime DVD was sold as one the top franchise during 2006. 

Noticed you are a Shalltear (overlord) fan. I think maybe Moon Phase is the originator of the "loli vampirees" theme. Is there any anime/manga you recommend, as a fellow  Shalltear fan? 
Jan 5, 2023 10:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
greed2 said:
Ashhk said:
The debut was big back then. 
The anime DVD was sold as one the top franchise during 2006. 

Noticed you are a Shalltear (overlord) fan. I think maybe Moon Phase is the originator of the "loli vampirees" theme. Is there any anime/manga you recommend, as a fellow  Shalltear fan? 
From the same studio there is obviously Monogatari Series that fulfill this role perfectly but otherwise from Shaft as well Dance in the vampire bund was pretty good and not that known compared to Monogatari
Jun 7, 2023 12:35 PM

Dec 2022
A funny and jubilant episode. Kouhei is better in comedic slice-of-life environments like that. This anime excels in that department in general, despite being surprisingly heavy on plot.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» Haiji's gender

MioAkiyama1 - Aug 16, 2012

2 by reginald11 »»
Mar 15, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase Episode 6 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 17, 2014

2 by MrGthBauglir »»
Oct 29, 2023 6:32 PM

Poll: » Tsukuyomi -MOON PHASE- Episode 15 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 29, 2009

6 by AshRayKay »»
Oct 20, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Tsukuyomi -MOON PHASE- Episode 1 Discussion

sugarplumfairy - Jun 6, 2008

19 by LilBunnyLee »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Tsukuyomi -MOON PHASE- Episode 24 Discussion

Haoji - Jul 25, 2007

9 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.