MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Any Peaceful or Relaxing Anime
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Any Peaceful or Relaxing Anime

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
05-02-11, 9:42 PM

Nothing Action packed, nothing Otherworldly so no Fantasy or Sci Fi. I guess something like a Comedy/Romance/Drama thats set in the real world and somewhat realistic.

With nice settings like Countrysides, Beaches, Water parks. Places you would like to go on Holiday to relax is there any calm but good anime that are peaceful and nice like this?

05-03-11, 1:24 AM

Maison Ikkoku perhaps?

05-03-11, 1:27 AM

\\\\well even tho u said no otherworlds this is the best relax good feeling anime ever made. Aria

05-03-11, 2:02 AM

Blueballs123 said:
well even tho u said no otherworlds this is the best relax good feeling anime ever made. Aria

FUCK YES! Aria and Honey and Clover are the first things to come to mind.
"That I do not understand my own mind upsets me more than I can describe" - Meruem, The Chimera Ant King.

05-03-11, 2:06 AM

Mushishi, Natsume Yujinchou, Honey and Clover and Fruit Basket..

05-03-11, 2:15 AM

Ghibli films like Howl's Mowing Castle; ef - tales of memories

05-03-11, 5:54 AM

The no fantasy thing makes it really hard..

Maybe try Nodame Cantabile? For some reason I just found that series super easy and relaxed. It's also one of the best romance/comedies out there imo so you should watch it at some point anyway

05-03-11, 7:33 AM

Maybee.. Sketchbook Full Colours..it's a slice of life anime about students in art club.It has a very peaceful feeling..

05-03-11, 7:39 AM

Sister Princess

05-03-11, 9:05 AM

Aria, Bartender, Ristorante Paradiso, Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou are recommended/seconded.

Nodame is also seconded, because it also had the same effect on me.
Check out our new Simul Watch CLUB and join if you're interested!

Ratohnhaketon said:
I can hear the anti-SOL purists gathering outside with their plotforks.

05-03-11, 9:07 AM

I looked these things up and some look like what im after.

This Aria though theres like 3 different shows what would i have to watch first?

Honey and Clover i'll definitley give a go. Natsume Yuujinchou i'll most likely give a go.

Sketchbook also looks relaxing but it doesnt have that great of a score.

05-03-11, 9:15 AM

The order for Aria is:

Animation
Natural
Origination

And Honey & Clover is not as lighthearted and feelgood in the second season, just so you know, first season is very nice though.
Check out our new Simul Watch CLUB and join if you're interested!

Ratohnhaketon said:
I can hear the anti-SOL purists gathering outside with their plotforks.

05-03-11, 9:25 AM

Ah i missed your previous post, Bartender and Ristorante Paradiso sound interesting, especially Bartender it sounds different.

Thanks for the Aria order i'll give it a try.

05-03-11, 10:14 AM

The only one that comes to mind, not yet mentioned, is Haibane Renmei, it really relaxed and immersed me in it's world

05-03-11, 10:45 AM

scabab said:
Nothing Action packed, nothing Otherworldly so no Fantasy or Sci Fi. I guess something like a Comedy/Romance/Drama thats set in the real world and somewhat realistic.

With nice settings like Countrysides, Beaches, Water parks. Places you would like to go on Holiday to relax is there any calm but good anime that are peaceful and nice like this?

Well you could try Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, although it is technically a Sci-fi.

It's set in the future and the world's resources have been exhausted; the sea level has risen yet the world is beautiful.

I can think of a few that have a touch of fantasy about them, but not so much they'd put you off (I think):

Kamichu!
Natsu no Sora
Mushishi

One title that fits in with what you're looking for is Tamayura, which was created by the same people who did Aria and is set in the real world with no fantasy elements.

Personally I thought it was god-awful but I seem to be in the minority; lots of people praise it very highly so perhaps that one is worth a shot.
Because there is no 'U' in Color.

05-03-11, 6:47 PM

As a hardcore fan of Aria, I strongly suggest you NOT to watch Aria and I don't feel like explaining. Btw, Aria is a Fantasy + Sci Fiction anime so it should be out of your menu.

05-03-11, 7:10 PM

Aria_Shachou said:
As a hardcore fan of Aria, I strongly suggest you NOT to watch Aria and I don't feel like explaining. Btw, Aria is a Fantasy + Sci Fiction anime so it should be out of your menu.
With so many recommendations thus far of it, not explaining makes things difficult here. :P

hellgod10 said:
The only one that comes to mind, not yet mentioned, is Haibane Renmei, it really relaxed and immersed me in it's world
The majority of it indeed, although a few moments here and there were dramatic and not especially "relaxing".

05-04-11, 4:58 AM

There's a tiny bit of fantasy in Aria (mostly for fun, but it's rare). And there is a bit of sci-fi, but it's not really noticeable, since they're mostly rowing around in boats and walking.

But I'm totally recommending it anyway.

05-04-11, 7:58 PM

Ghibli's "Only Yesterday". its probably one of thier most chill movies, and simultaneously one of thier most adult. relaxing i thought.

05-04-11, 7:59 PM

Toradora!

No otherwordly powers. Very realistic romance.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices