Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 6, 2011 4:31 PM
Mar 2008
Didn't hate it, but i found the entire movie way to predictable and the
May 7, 2011 6:04 AM

Jan 2009
dang they could have made the fighting scenes more enjoyable like the 3rd movie but no the animation is so mediocre for a movie

but good ending none the less i knew they would do something as making everybody forget about everything because it will create plot holes on the main story

P.S. minato is weak in this movie i hope another movie will come that give him the proper showing of his powers in the manga lol *almost spoiler alert*
May 7, 2011 12:15 PM

Feb 2010
-Love the beginning (: Especially how Naruto was dragged (by his foot) by one of Sai's ink creatures xD
-Thought the song that the girl Sara sang in the beginning was very lovely and deep.
-The architecture reminds me of a mix between Gothic, Roman and something else. But I think mostly Gothic.
-Minato <3 8D Jiraiya! :D
Lol poor Jiraiya xD Minato just left/ditched him ^^;
-Little Kakashi 8D <3
-Mukade's puppets seem so weak. They walk AWFULLY slow too.
-I really thought Sara was actually stripping for one moment o.O
But anyways, it's interesting how the song actually gave hints on how they could be protected from Mukade
-Finally we get to see Rasen Shuriken! Too bad his attack didn't work the first time :/
-And Minato is able to do rasengan without a clone. Ownage 0:
-Super Rasengan huh? Decent attack, but I kind of wish we get to see Naruto end the fight with his Rasen Shuriken :/
-LOL at Yamato smacking little Kakashi's head! xD
-*Sniff* The part where Naruto was about to say "Are you my father" was touching ;__; and Minato smiling at him back makes this even more touching.

Overall decent movie. Just wished they handled the part with how strong Minato was better (he seemed weaker than he should be). But I guess it couldn't be helped since Naruto is the main the character and must have most of the spotlight :/
But it was still nice seeing Minato (and little Kakashi haha) <3 Though I was hoping that we would see Naruto's mom but o well ^^;

Sara was an okay character though she's almost generic as the other girls in the past Shippuuden movies. But at least she did something useful. And I actually like her singing and think she is kinda pretty. As for the villain...I think they need to work on that part just because the villain is so generic and boring like most other villains in the past Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden movies. If they create more interesting villains...or even use the numerous amt. of characters that Kishimoto already created, then they can potentially make a good movie (as long as they also don't mess up the current plot).

But anyways, I REALLY REALLY wished there was more screentime for Minato and little Kakashi.

7/10 - In general, okay-ish movie but not memorable enough for me like the past Naruto movies. The only parts I truly enjoyed were Minato and Kakashi moments. Oh and like I mentioned before, I really enjoyed the part where Yamato gets to punch Kakashi on the head. Would have been funny if the current Kakashi remembered this but theres the memory wipe thing so this wouldnt happen >_>;

The trailer really fooled me into thinking that there would be some son-father bonding time between Minato and Naruto *sigh* :/
sallym613May 7, 2011 3:18 PM
May 7, 2011 9:10 PM

Jan 2010
Why does every Naruto Movie have to have some type of over powered Rasengan? That made this not so great moive into a fail to me. I was hoping for a lot more knowing it would be Naruto and Minato working together. O well can't complain too much. Nice to see the 4th with a little screen time.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

May 9, 2011 4:25 AM
May 2009
Could have been better. The action especially. The Puppets were crap. I was expecting Kankuro level of control. but that didn't Happen. The fact that the movie was basically a 90 minute long action special was just bad. We didn't get to see Naruto in Sennin Mode (Which is a given) We finally get to see him use his Rasen Shuriken but that gets absorbbed before impact (Which was very disappointing) He didn't utilise the Chakra Knife as much as he could have. Sakura and Sai near to nothing screen Time.

Was good to see minato in there. But was disappointed by his lack of techniques. I also noticed that this was before the war since Kakashi still has his original left eye.

It was nice to see Gai and his mates all young. and Jiraiya again. The singing was good. But over all it could have been better. The design of Mukade's final form was very disappointing. Overall these Shippudden movies are all taking a different approach to the Usual Naruto Movie Formula.
May 9, 2011 5:41 AM
May 2011
supermegasonic said:
so this movie would sorta happen after jiriya's death and before his sage training?
anyway, i like how based on his instincts alone he was following his dad.
as for sara, she should have atleast hugged him or somthing.
and yes, every naruto movie has a new rasangen that can only be used in a one-in-a-million situation and isn't used again.
they should make a special sage mode rasangan, and i guess it would be able to be thrown too.
as for this movie, well lets just say that you experience it, and than nobody talks about it again, since everyone "forgot"

i agree with you but see there was no break in between Jiriays death and histoad training, and right after he fought pain n found out his dad was the 4th hokage minato.. which mean he should have known already by this movie...

this is what i didnt like about rhis movie... so much of "is he the 4th hokage?" "could he be my father?" he shoudl have known, and i think the producers of the movie effed up in that part....

then again this is my personal opinion...
May 9, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
It was OKAY, kizuna is still the best naruto movie IMO
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
May 12, 2011 11:01 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah i like the fact theres some sort of "romance" in the movie (which happens in almost every naruto movie). Altought i would've wanted some more interaction with Naruto and his dad, maybe some interaction with the other team members, and i would've liked it if they showed some of Yamato's time with little Kakashi xD. But for the rest i loved to see Minato in action with his kage bunshin attacks( that was awesome).
The movie was good for me i'll give it a 7.3
May 13, 2011 6:06 AM

Dec 2010
WHAT? It was actually quite disappointing, as everyone is saying.
The fights were average and im pretty sure that this was set before he had the senin training because he only used the bunshin technique and the rasengan with the fail resenshurikan the was a proper attack from him... Because of before his training, he coulnt do anything but that. He just went straight forward to the enemy but ofcourse you would end up getting hit.
AND! extremely disappointing that Minato ( <3) didnt get as much screen time as i was expecting, as well as Kakashi (<3), i was expecting at least 5 minutes screen time from him, but he just showed for around 30 sec in the beginning and in the end which was upsetting for me just as much as not seeing Minato. Last year from the trailer, i was definite that the main characters would be naruto (ofcourse) and Minato, Minato did show up early in this movie but he is always disappearing! and the part that stood out for me was when Nauto was tiring to hold the evil dude ( which was pathetic and didnt have a story) back. Where did Minato go??! I dont read the manga, and dont plan to, but since Minato has only used the simplest techniques ever, but they are really strong. Like replicating shuriken into a mass amount.
The princess was a likeable character i believe. She had her 'things she had to do' and she had a strong will and was brave. ONly that she didnt have any touching or memorable dialogue. Most of the time she was denying something, follow me, hings i have to do ect. Although her singing was emotional.
Talking about emotional, the last scene where they were just going back was my favorite. I liked how Yamato hit kakashi in the head. and how CALM he was when he saw the 4th Hokage/Minato. " its a honor to meet you" well, you couldn't really say anymore that anyway...
And THEY FORGOT THEIR MEMORIES! *BANGS HEAD ON DESK* nOOOO!
uUGH, that was real annoying, but it was inevitable. History would've changed and throughout the whole Movie when Naruto was tiring to bring up about the present - him being the hokage and stuff, he always stopped him. If they did remember it would of changed history, and when Minato meet naruto in the pain fight it wouldnt have been as emotional.
MInato did know that he was his son right? Did naruto find out? I dont think so.....
he only found out that he was the 4th Hokage.
Wonder what he said in end. Someone said that he said 'naruto' then someone else said 'musuko' meaning son. hmmm. That reminded he of NS movie Kizuna when NAruto said that thing to Sasuke but we did find out what he said in the end of the movie.

Well, loved it because of Kakashi and Minato. Soz. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
could of been better, hoping blood prison is better.
May 13, 2011 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
Quite dissapointed with this movie.;(
May 21, 2011 9:52 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
7/10 but yeah -..- Movies in animes so weird compared to series (One Piece,BLeach,Dragon Ball,Naruto) Series awesome.. but movies kinda weird...
May 23, 2011 10:03 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The movie wasn't that great, but at least Naruto and Minato got more time to talk to each other compare to the anime.

May 24, 2011 8:24 AM

May 2008
This movie had so much potential but they screwed it up. I have to say after the awsome trailer this movie was quite a letdown. I hoped that Kushina apear as well, but no...
The action was great though~
5/10
May 24, 2011 1:19 PM

Mar 2011
mfw I saw this film: -_-

Okay, so.....that was.....erm......okay?

Sigh, a bit let down to be honest.

Movies are like filler that art so bad usually, but this was just just animator wanking!

Bah!
May 28, 2011 1:01 PM
Apr 2011
The movie did have potential, the whole concept of Naruto going back in time was compelling to me. But somehow the movie managed to undermine the fact. We didn't even see Minato for half of the movie! That's an outrage, and then the little they do talk is nominal and unsubstantive. The movie was bad, the fights were so boring, I wanted it to be over with so badly. They made Minato weak as hell in this, come on, he is a future Hokage! The movie was ok, simply because I like the female protagonist, she seemed very interesting and changed for the better in the end. But still, this might be the last Naruto movie I bother to watch.....Now on to the Manga lol
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jun 13, 2011 4:26 PM

May 2009
I think this was the best naruto shippuden movie...
Jun 18, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2010
Blaz said:
I think this was the best naruto shippuden movie...
I think it sucked, period!

Those dots at the end of your sentence say otherwise, i think!
Jun 19, 2011 11:25 AM

Apr 2011
Not as good as the other Naruto movies, but it is still good 7/10
HikarusukeJun 19, 2011 11:33 AM
Jun 20, 2011 2:07 PM

Apr 2010
I am disappointed T_T...
Minato's screen time was really minimal T_T...
Jun 22, 2011 2:00 PM
Apr 2009
its a good side movie to watch on the go
but wasn't impressive
AT LEAST WE SAW A SIMILI FATHER-SON KAME- i mean LEGENDARY SUPER RASENGAN.
Aug 1, 2011 8:52 AM

Jul 2011
I love the ending song :PP

the movie was nice and quite entertaining., Naruto is very lucky to have Minato as his father.,
Aug 10, 2011 9:03 AM

Dec 2009
6 ... The ending was really nice but it didn't make up for the booring movie .. fine I get it , erase memories to keep the future as it is , but why bother with Naruto's memories , how are they supposed to altern the future ? can't he at least remember the few moments he spent with his father ? ... *sigh* FAIL .
Aug 10, 2011 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
Nice and good movie but not the best i would say. The plot were a bit different than i thought it would be. Some of the trailer scenes weren't even in the movie(?) Overall enjoyed it with the last "Legendary Greatsuper Rasengan!" funny looking Jutsu.

Hope next movie heroine princesses not included, i've seen enough of them since the very first one -.-

Nov 12, 2011 7:47 PM

Oct 2009
This was the stupidest fucking movie I've ever seen. I'm sorry, but this is literally the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. The art was shit, the animation was shit, there was no consistency, half the crap felt like it was pulled out of someone's ass, nothing made sense, every character was pathetic, and the movie was so, SO cliche (the most cliche and generic film I've ever seen in my life).

Final rating: 0 (there is absolutely nothing redeeming in this film)

I don't know what else to say. I hate this movie. I have hatred for this abominable piece of shit. Bio-broly was better than this, and that's saying something.
lucjanNov 12, 2011 8:01 PM

Jun 20, 2012 10:02 AM
Feb 2011
lucjan said:
Final rating: 0 (there is absolutely nothing redeeming in this film)
If anything, I thought the soundtrack was notable.
Jul 16, 2012 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
The plot was lame as usual for Naruto Shippuuden films. I wish they would think of something other than yet another variation of rasengan to beat the bosses in these films...it's getting to be like the DBZ films with Goku using the spirit bomb to beat everyone.
Jul 26, 2012 12:09 AM

Jul 2012
I personally LOVE filler movies with time travel!Plot was so so, but still time travel - Minato met his son Naruto and they worked together! Still there should have been more action,something different than a usual Naruto filler movie,Yamato helping Naruto defeat that idiot and maybe for at least once make a movie where another Naruto character is the main!!
Aug 14, 2012 5:32 AM
Mar 2010
the soundtrack should have been used in the series. it was epic.
Oct 7, 2012 7:58 PM
Dec 2011
I always have high opinions because I am a Naruto addict BUT!! The best parts were Sakura getting overly upset when Naruto disappears and the end because of well the spoiler shown above <33 I wished there was more daddy/naruto time but they seemed to disappear all the damn time. The middle was somewhat boring sadly.

Want to talk more please message me!
Oct 12, 2012 6:33 AM

May 2012
Crap movie, don't know anything else to say about it. I can feel the people thinking Father-Son relationship would have been cool in this movie, but the 4th just keeps appearing and disappearing, lol.
Feb 17, 2013 12:53 AM

Dec 2008
When I saw the trailer I was blown away by the thought of seeing Naruto fight alongside Minato but it turned out to be meh.
May 25, 2013 2:26 AM
Jul 2018

Not a bad movie, just needs more action. The ending song is really good.
Jun 19, 2013 7:41 PM

Dec 2007
The people didn't even look like they cared about working in the factory lol. Queen comes to save them and they're like oh, ok. And for a place that big it didn't have many people...
Aug 19, 2013 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
Standard shounen movie. The highlight of the movie was the ending song
Aug 24, 2013 1:43 PM

Nov 2011
Shit movie. The only good part was when Minato and Naruto combined their rasengans.
Oct 7, 2013 9:48 PM

Jan 2012
I think I was expecting too much from this movie and that's why I ended up somewhat disappointed in the end. Since it's a Naruto movie, I wouldn't go as far as to say it was bad, I was just expecting something... more. The story itself was alright, it was mostly just the little things.

Nov 10, 2013 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
FINALLY. After two shitty movies, this one was actually good. :D
Nov 25, 2013 7:26 AM

Aug 2010
Meh. Mostly pretty boring (even the fight scenes!). Minato should have appeared more, although the ending was pretty epic.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 4, 2014 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
7/10 That is all.

Feb 22, 2014 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
Movie was fun to watch,but Naruto being so weak was idiotic.
I think, this story took place short before his grand showdown with Pain and he wasn't even been able to defeat some dolls.
Strange.
SidholunMar 2, 2014 6:37 PM
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Sep 10, 2014 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
Nice movie. To be honest this was my least favourite movie (first Naruto series's movies included).
The plot was good but a bit more confusing than the previous movies...
Also, it was really funny to see young Gai-sensei, Anko and Asuma-sensei *.* ahahha
Nov 5, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2014
Saskee said:
7/10 That is all.
Nov 27, 2014 5:47 AM

Dec 2012
I enjoyed this movie, till now the best Naruto movies I have seen. Not full of irrealistic scenes and characters :)
7/10 from me
Dec 24, 2014 3:45 PM
May 2012
Naruto always has a chick in his movies, huh :3 And we have a really pretty in this one. He doesn't look at them, though.
Ichiraku Ramen just opened and it's a big hit ahahaha. That father and son rasengan *o* Minato knows, man.....Minato knows......Naruto knows, too T^T
I thought Sara didn't age a day at the end, but that was her daughter. They look the same so both pretty.
They didn't use the utmost potential of this movie, though. Minato being in this movie should have made the movie better, but they didn't use him that much.....but oh well.
Time to watch Blood Prison next :3 By the way, Merry Christmas to all :))
Dec 26, 2014 11:36 PM
Dec 2011
this is so brilliant.. minato and naruto the perfect father and son :3
Aug 30, 2015 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
I liked it, we got to see some characters we don't usually see much of.
Some things didn't quite make since, like how Naruto knows Chouza (idk if that's spelled right) and most likely knows Shino's dad.
But it's just a movie, so I'll take it as it is.

I do agree it could have had a little better action, I didn't like watching him just fight puppets the whole time. And Minato should have had some better action scenes.
Sep 12, 2015 4:48 AM

Aug 2013
Having only one villain was a bad idea. I was bored out of my mind watching them fight this one guy for an hour straight. Would it be so hard to give him some lackeys?

I also thought the movie focused too much on Naruto. He doesn't have to be in 99% of the movie. We have Minato, young Kakashi, and the other dads in it. Didn't we go back in time to show them off? They're barely in this. Maybe if we had more than one villain they could actually show them fighting and defeating someone.

5/10
Nov 4, 2015 6:29 AM

Aug 2014
If there wasn't for Minato this would be way more boring.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Dec 20, 2015 5:06 PM
Dec 2015
The movie was nice.But it will be better plotted if they don't wipe out their memories..

Nice to see Minato,Choza,Shino working as a team..

8/10
ScrDec 20, 2015 5:10 PM
Dec 20, 2015 5:17 PM
Dec 2015
The movie was nice... It was going in a right direction...
But wipping out the memories killed me..!!!

8/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Sakura the worst character in Naruto?

Nathan_B - Feb 3, 2018

6 by White_Alice »»
May 25, 2022 3:00 AM

» HD subbed?

Zealot - Apr 28, 2011

10 by SeanKent »»
Dec 8, 2011 6:02 PM

» Naruto Shippoden movie 4! ( 1 2 )

ArtimesGamer - Mar 25, 2010

55 by Markr24 »»
Apr 28, 2011 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.