Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2011 9:58 PM
Aug 2009
So we have another tsun tsun for the record.
Apr 24, 2011 10:02 PM
Oct 2007
5/5 episode. The show went on too fast and finish before I realize it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2011 10:29 PM

May 2010
argilium said:
Aria_Shachou said:
Talk bird, talk!
Anyway, I give it a 5/5 because of this:
OMG!! P.A.Works and their very detailed backgrounds..

I'm not talking about the background. :9
Apr 24, 2011 10:42 PM

Jul 2010
^^shadow?
Apr 24, 2011 10:56 PM

May 2010
This episode was better than the last, but I liked the first the best. I liked in the first ep how Ohana's Grandma was like some old bitch lady that made her interesting, but now she just smiles and isn't even violent anymore.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Apr 24, 2011 11:06 PM

Aug 2008
Glad to know that the train wreck known as episode 3 was a stand alone. We're now back to awesomeness. Pure awesomeness. I loved this episode, and this episode made me like Minko a lot more. Yeah, she's a tsundere, but it seems like she has her reasons. Also, the ending made me go "oh shit!" Looking forward to more.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 24, 2011 11:23 PM

Sep 2009
I definitely liked this episode better than the last one. I'm looking forward to when Minko and Ohana become friends, assuming they do so.
Apr 24, 2011 11:27 PM

Feb 2008
Uh-oh, looks like we'll be getting some love drama next episode.
Apr 24, 2011 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
I love this. I feel like we're getting back to the mood and tone set by the first two episodes.
Minchi feels like less of a bitch now that her motivations are explained. She yelled at Ohana in episode 1 when she tried to defend Minko, when Tohru was complaining, but since Minko is in love with him that sort of explains the yelling, however illogical the reasons.
Don't get me wrong, she's still a bitch, just a bit less now.

I don't like the new girl, she seems fake to me. But she didn't get a lot of lines so it's just first impression I guess.
I also thought it was sweet how Ohana didn't know whether or not to deny that Ko was her boyfriend. Seems like she sort of wants him to be, but can't outright admit it because it's technically not true.

My favourite moments where Ohana the city girl interacting with a wild animal.
It's a bird! Quickly, run away Ohana! ^_^
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Apr 24, 2011 11:39 PM
Mar 2010
I jelly of Tourou and his harem
Apr 24, 2011 11:58 PM

Feb 2011
and i'm actually thinking that minko describing her ideal man,,
is describing ohana, i mean ohana fit in the part where she says "someone has a sharp tongue but is actually kind, someone who always takes initiative and is serious about work..xD
but well i much prefer tooruXohana coz seeing tooruXminko feels like a boring couple to see

yay @ minko saying "urusai urusai"
Apr 25, 2011 12:40 AM

Sep 2008
What's a balut?
This anime is so unrealistic though. Every man would be infatuated with Mamiko Noto in a real world. This world has no taste at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2011 1:09 AM

Jan 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
What's a balut?
This anime is so unrealistic though. Every man would be infatuated with Mamiko Noto in a real world. This world has no taste at all.

Balut is a dish, semi-developed duck embryo. It's the kind of thing that'd be considered taboo in most of the world.
And in real life basically everyone is infatuated with everyone, it's just a matter of being afraid to admit it.

If everyone wore a nametag telling everyone else who they liked, no one would ever be without a lover. That's what I believe.
Apr 25, 2011 1:21 AM
Apr 2011
okay yeah I feel sort of bad for Minko.
But I really don't like her temper, I feel like choking Ohana was waaaaaaaaaaaay too much... Ohana was trying to apologize and she just chokes her.
Apr 25, 2011 1:49 AM

Nov 2010
Yeeeeeeeees Minko being told at the end made me feel so damn satisfied. Bitch deserves it. Also really dislike Tohru too so I honestly hope he gets his slap in the face sometime soon, hopefully by Ohana.
Apr 25, 2011 1:50 AM

Jan 2011
littlestarmee said:
okay yeah I feel sort of bad for Minko.
But I really don't like her temper, I feel like choking Ohana was waaaaaaaaaaaay too much... Ohana was trying to apologize and she just chokes her.

Minchi has problems dealing with emotions.
It's a common thing, when someone gets confronted and your words hit a nerve they snap and go off the deep end.

My brother is like that, except he generally just tells you how much he wants to punch you but he never does it.
Self-control is important. But if he had any self-distance he woudln't have the problem to begin with. You need to be able to be objective, even about yourself.

Minchi can't be objective, so she overreacts and chokes people. She's a female version of Homer Simpson. :D
And Ohana is her Bart.
Apr 25, 2011 2:01 AM

Jul 2010
argilium said:
what manga readers? this is an original anime with planned 26 episodes.. we have no way to accurately predict what's going to happen next or even more so, the conclusion for each characters unless the producers leak something..
The manga began back in December, so I just supposed it was ahead of the anime. I don't read manga, thus I have no way of knowing for sure. It's nice to know that perhaps the manga and anime have a chance at stopping at the same point rather than some abrupt end, though.

Vforvendetta said:
Come on man, this show has 26ep, and its place is in an hot spring inn. So what do you expect?
It'd just be nice to have a show without fanservice for a change, but whatever, I do see your point. Oh, just so you know, I'm not a guy. XD
Apr 25, 2011 2:02 AM

Aug 2009
My goodness, more situations I can relate to.
I like the Grey Heron.
Apr 25, 2011 2:28 AM

Dec 2010
lol. hmm. yea. I dnt see how Minko is so popular with the boys. lol.
I can relate to how Ohana feels like when you from a big city/somewhere different. and being introduced into a class room. hehe :D
Apr 25, 2011 2:28 AM

Jan 2011
Yukari_Hiwada said:
My goodness, more situations I can relate to.
I like the Grey Heron.

Are you afraid of wildlife as well? :p
Apr 25, 2011 2:38 AM
Nov 2008
Meh I had a feeling Minchi had a thing for Tooru since episode 2 ....
What makes me wonder is what relationship does Tooru have with the girl from the other inn...poor Minchi ...Anyway I support their relationship so..GO GO MINCHI!
Apr 25, 2011 2:44 AM

Feb 2011
PhantomMoon said:
Grey Heron is the hero of this episode

This, 100%.

So much rage at Tooru x Minchi relationship. I have a feeling Tooru may quit at the inn. Sad days ahead D:
Apr 25, 2011 3:36 AM

Nov 2007
I just can't like Minchi. Hobiron is pretty funny, but something about her just irks me. Hopefully she'll get better in the future. Tohru's pretty cool though. He can be a bit of an arse, but he's not a bad guy.

Mamiko Noto wanting to kill people for having a boyfriend was even better than Mamiko Noto stealing fish. Tomoe-san ftw. Nako's also slowly growing on me. She's so sweet and she's trying really hard which I love.

Yuina seems like a nice person so far, but often in anime, characters who give off that "she's so nice!" vibe end up having a hidden agenda. Tomatsu Haruka's voice was quite different in this role. Much softer and more high-pitched than usual, but I must say that I prefer her voice in her other roles so far.

Ahaha, poor Kou-chan still hasn't gotten a reply from Ohana. I was expecting her to write down her ideas on a notebook at the end of the episode but I guess we'll get around to that next week. Kou x Ohana is so perfect. If she ends up with someone random like Tohru instead, I'll rage.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Apr 25, 2011 5:02 AM

Oct 2008
This anime seems to have redeemed itself a lot from last week's episode.

I honestly don't see why all the guys would be in love with Minko though... she's an annoying and shitty bitch imo. She needs to go to anger management classes or something, geez. I'm not a guy though so maybe I'm missing something.

I'm starting to like Mako more now.
Apr 25, 2011 5:14 AM

Sep 2009
Vinter said:
Minchi has problems dealing with emotions.
It's a common thing, when someone gets confronted and your words hit a nerve they snap and go off the deep end.
Now that totally justifies Minchi strangling Ohana. She practically uplifted her by using her two hands whilst she was strangling~ damn emotions.
Apr 25, 2011 5:26 AM

Oct 2010
getting good, i liked the introduction of new characters.
Apr 25, 2011 6:12 AM
Feb 2010
"Seriously Ohana, you failed soo much at the end"

Okay, talk about way hilarious episode xD

Comments (With a slightly different system)

Overall: It was a great episode, definitely a lot better than the weirder ep 3 before. I really liked how the episode revealed Minko's feelings towards Tohru in this episode and introduced Ohana's life in the new school. Also, that Grey Heron was hilarious xD
Score: 5 pieces of pure fried gold (5/5)

Also, next episode seems to hint more development on Minchi ^ o ^
KoisolaApr 25, 2011 3:46 PM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Apr 25, 2011 6:27 AM

Nov 2007
This is a definite step up from last week, but still not quite on the level of the first two. Hopefully Minko and Ohana's relationship changes soon for the better because right now... Minko is a very unlikeable character. To the point that she actually annoys me.

7/10
Apr 25, 2011 6:37 AM

Apr 2008
A love rival appears!! haha Ohana so funny~

Apr 25, 2011 6:47 AM

Jan 2008
DAMN IT.

I got so excited when Yuina was speaking in Kansai. It was so amazing. BUT IT WAS A TRAP.

Oh well, I still like her.

Gonna be pissed if she's one of those secretly evil popular girls though.
Apr 25, 2011 7:28 AM

Dec 2009
Ehhhh, I suspected Minko liked Tooru in episode one, but it feels so wrong, they really don't fit together, imo.

Apr 25, 2011 7:30 AM

May 2010
And now we will have love triangle?

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Apr 25, 2011 7:58 AM

Jun 2009
Oh how awesome is all. The thing at the end almost made me regret not having a life so i'll go watch something other now.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 25, 2011 8:11 AM

Apr 2010
I don't like Minchi at all right now, but I guess she'll develop quite a lot. I was afraid that Ohana would start having feelings towards Tohru, which would worsen their relatioship, but I guess the love-triangle will be with another girl. The new girl reminds me a lot of Kurumi from 'Kimi no Todoke'... I just hope they don't have the same role in the series, that would be way too cliché.

I'm feeling bad for Koh-chan. It's been so long since he confessed... I would be feeling pretty pissed and rejected by now. Ohana's being a bit inconsiderate, putting all the 'can't express herself properly' thing on the side. I like her a lot, though.
Apr 25, 2011 8:27 AM

Feb 2009
Wonder how long it'll take me to get used to Minko(Omigawa Chiaki)'s voice. I still cringe a bit at its high pitch-ness

A good episode.
That Yuina gives me some Kurumizawa Ume vibes and last part with Tohru kinds of strengthens that.
And I hope that Ohana's relationship with Ko gets some spotlight in the future. I kind of liked that holding the bag together part.
Apr 25, 2011 8:32 AM

Nov 2008
Again, I love this show. But I think there is something missing for it to be perfect.
But I still love Ohana <3

I also fell in love with the OP. It fits the show so well and has great lyrics and melody.

I still really dislike Minko. I mean sure sometimes Ohana is at fault, But most of them are from here not giving her a chance. And her reasons for getting mad at her aren't that convincing.

Poor Kou-chan, Still not getting a replay ;w;
Apr 25, 2011 8:49 AM

May 2009
CRAZY!
Apr 25, 2011 8:59 AM

Jan 2011
Hachik0 said:
I don't like Minchi at all right now, but I guess she'll develop quite a lot. I was afraid that Ohana would start having feelings towards Tohru, which would worsen their relatioship, but I guess the love-triangle will be with another girl. The new girl reminds me a lot of Kurumi from 'Kimi no Todoke'... I just hope they don't have the same role in the series, that would be way too cliché.

I'm feeling bad for Koh-chan. It's been so long since he confessed... I would be feeling pretty pissed and rejected by now. Ohana's being a bit inconsiderate, putting all the 'can't express herself properly' thing on the side. I like her a lot, though.

I agree, expressing herself in a situation like that is the easiest thing ever.
You just write honestly what you feel and think, down to every last detail. And that is always enough.

She said that she doesn't know what to say, but pretending like the confession never happened would feel like cheating Ko out of an answer, she should have written that. That'd be perfect.
Apr 25, 2011 9:09 AM

Aug 2009
herox3 said:
I jelly of Tourou and his harem

Lol, it does seem like that doesn't it.
Apr 25, 2011 9:14 AM

Oct 2010
The end was a big satisfaction for me. Not only did it kill off that pestering Touru x Ohana vibes I've been getting for a while now, I'd really hate to see Ko's crush get taken away by some other dude, but more importantly Minko's dismay from witnessing hers taking the new girl for a ride like they we're really dating. Bitch really deserved it for the way she's been treating Ohana and constantly getting furious at her just for trying to be nice.
Apr 25, 2011 9:29 AM

Jun 2008
Ohana is doing it all wrong. She's never gonna succeed making Minchi her friend by being nice. She must treat her back the same way she treats her and even worse because obviously Minchi likes to get shout, slapped and humiliated. She's a masochist for all that.

Casteil said:

SO CUTE

That was indeed very cute.

Cliffhanger, the evil Grey Heron tries to kill Ohana, lol.
I'm feeling sorry for that Kou guy. She has really left him hanging.

Vinter said:

Minchi feels like less of a bitch now that her motivations are explained. She yelled at Ohana in episode 1 when she tried to defend Minko, when Tohru was complaining, but since Minko is in love with him that sort of explains the yelling, however illogical the reasons.

Wow am surprised some people now realize this. It seemed obvious to me that that was the reason she yelled at Ohana. I thought everyone knew she was inlove with the guy.
MonadApr 25, 2011 9:48 AM
Apr 25, 2011 9:31 AM

Jan 2011
Poor Ko, he finds the confidence to confess his feelings and even takes the time to apologize through text for not seeing her off.. and she doesn't reply. |: I was actually kind of expecting Tohru to be sort of a rival to Ko, but I'm glad that's not the way it turned out. I want to feel bad for Minchi.. but it's hard to do that when she is so mean to Ohana all the time.
Apr 25, 2011 10:06 AM

Sep 2009
Really one of the best series this season! Every episode is good :D I just have one request...pls show ko-chan! Make him transfer to ohana school :3
Apr 25, 2011 10:26 AM

Feb 2010
Another excellent episode. We have a love triangle people...but...

THE GRAY HERON IS THE TRUE STAR. kthnxbye.
Apr 25, 2011 10:31 AM
Apr 2011
Love triangle? Hmm... won't be so bad...

except, did anyone pay attention to the scene where ohana was trying to help with serving the fish? The way Tohru talked about Yuina doesn't seem like he's in love with her at all. Of course it could be an act, but why would he need to act in front of Ohana?

Also, the part with the bonbori festival reminded me of this song...

Akari o tsukemashou bonbori ni,
Ohana o agemashou momo no hana

and I don't get all the hate on Minchi. I think she's quite a likeable character, and not at all rare in anime.
Apr 25, 2011 10:32 AM

Apr 2009
Minko wants to be abused, thats what she wants. On with the bondage immediately for her in episode 5.

lol i kid i kid. Sucks for Minko to have to see Tohru drive off with another girl. Tohru treats her more like a child more than anything else. I take that back, she wants to be abused. ON WITH THE BONDAGE.

Im really hoping Ohana gets its together with Kou. Kinda Glad she hasn't taking a favor to Tohru to be honest.

Oh what the hell am i watching this anime for, this isn't my type of anime.lol.
Apr 25, 2011 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
lol yeah I was kind of getting TohruxOhana vibes instead of TohruxMinchi so it was really kind of surprising. To be honest it was really sudden for Minchi to show that she had a crush on Tohru but I am hoping she doesn't end up with him. I agree that Minchi needs a greater goal in life other than Tohru, they don't see to click if you get what I'm saying.
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Apr 25, 2011 11:12 AM

Jan 2011

Well I think a lot of people just assumed it was because she doesn't like Ohana. That she felt the reprimand was justified because she made a mistake, and doesn't need some city girl who just arrived to save her.
Sort of like how she got upset when Ohana made breakfast, because Minchi assumed Ohana was trying to outshine her.
Minchi's mind didn't go to the normal "I made a mistake so the staff would go without breakfast, but she covered for me."
but instead went to "She made breakfast to try to point out my incompetence and my mistake."

She did the same thing with the revenge meal.
When Ohana wasn't in the kitchen she immediately assumed that Ohana had lied about making breakfast, so that Minchi wouldn't make any, and when everyone show up Minchi gets blamed for neglecting her duties.
This is behaviour typical of people who have at some point been betrayed. They can't bear going through it again so as a self defence mechanism, instead of trusting others they always assume the worst.
VinterApr 25, 2011 11:20 AM
Apr 25, 2011 12:33 PM

Nov 2010
uh-oh. That's what popped into my mind before Ohana was attacked by that crane, Tooru really is not the sort of person for Minko it just would not make sense for me and after that shocker in front of the inn..
Apr 25, 2011 1:02 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, I would have thought Nako would be a year older lol XD
I really didn't expect Minko to be popular. I actually thought she'd be the "outcast" of the group. Also, lol at everyone loving how Ohana was from Tokyo XD I also really like Yuina so far, she's so awesome lol :P
Who'da thunk Minko liked Tohru? XD I kind of suspected but didn't really think it would actually happen. Plus, Ohana still likes Ko ... right? :P Hehe, wonder if the whole Tohru Yuina thing is a misunderstanding or not? XD
This show is great. Keep it coming! :D
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.