Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2011 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It finally ended :'( I wanted them to continue for some more chapters but anyways it was wrapped up nicely

Good confession by Yoshi and a nice response from Tokine

Looking forward to her new work
Apr 19, 2011 8:14 AM

Jan 2011
It was a little disappointing and its too bad their mother had to die. They left too much stuff open but none the less it was still a good ending.
Apr 19, 2011 9:03 AM

Feb 2010
lackluster ending imo with a better ending the score would be mutch better so only 8/10...
Apr 19, 2011 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty terrible ending, I loved this manga until around 300-ish when it just started to feel really messy storywise. The finale was really lackluster but the start and middle parts of the series were enjoyable.

6/10
Apr 19, 2011 9:25 PM

Feb 2008
the ending just wound down till it just killed over.....oh well it has been a long rough ride.
Apr 19, 2011 9:28 PM

Nov 2007
The ending as a whole felt pretty rushed but Yoshimori and Tokine are together in the end so I'm happy.
Apr 20, 2011 9:04 AM

Apr 2009
It was much too short and a very meh last chapter. I'm kind of sad such a great series ended in such a mediocre way.

Apr 21, 2011 12:23 AM
Jan 2009
Awh, the end.
The ending wasn't too well done. It felt rushed and incomplete :(
However, I'll eagerly be waiting Tanabe Yellow's next work. :D
Apr 21, 2011 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
when exactly did he confess to Tokine? i assume you guys are talking about this last chapter when he mentions building a castle for the two of them. is this correct?
Apr 21, 2011 2:25 PM

Apr 2007
Disappointing ending, decent series though.
Apr 21, 2011 4:30 PM

Mar 2010
Ending was .. bad.. and seemed rushed and to short I think. I'm glad to see Tokine and Yoshi a little closer though..didn't seem like much of a "confession" though, sheesh, that was terrible. I was really hoping for more.. I still think the worse part about it is the Father though, losing his wife like that after so long thinking she would finally come home on her own..but.. never did :(

I'm going to miss Kekkaishi though =(
Apr 21, 2011 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks for the memories Kekkaishi.
Apr 21, 2011 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
T-T-That was it? Oh. That didn't seem like an ending. I'm a little bit disappointed. :/
Anyway, I'll definitely miss Kekkaishi. SOB. Looking forward for the nexy Yellow Tanabe Work~
Apr 21, 2011 7:30 PM

Aug 2008
Crackers. Doesnt seem right for it to end that way. But w/e. *looks forward to the series*
Apr 22, 2011 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
A fairly anticlimactic ending but I enjoyed the rest of the manga enough to still rate it 8/10 overall.
Apr 22, 2011 2:07 PM

Nov 2009
Well, when they give the main characters the last three pages... The confession might of been okay if it hadn't really just come out of nowhere. Really disappointing chapter; it should have made me melancholic over the series.

Agreed, the last arc wasn't so good.
Apr 22, 2011 9:36 PM
Apr 2010
Aww...I really wanted more affection between Yoshimori and Tokine...She didn't even really show interest in his confession either...It ended too quickly... D:

Apr 23, 2011 10:08 PM

Dec 2007
Crappy last chapter, indeed, but the series still in my favorites.
Apr 23, 2011 10:14 PM

Apr 2008
i didn't like the ending too much... but it didn't ruin the series for me

tho i was expecting something completely different... oh well ...
May 8, 2011 10:47 PM

Aug 2009
The ending was nice I guess but i wish Tanabe-sensei would give more pages though... I really want to see Tokimori said to his son that he is his father :(

Nevertheless, LOVE Kekkaishi and going to re-read it hehe :D
May 13, 2011 10:21 PM

Jul 2007
the start and plot, the action everything was great... but i noticed it always led to a climax and then fell flat on its face. Only a few times i could appreciate teh battles and that was the ones that were not major.

over all a 7 and thats low for me... i had to force myself to finish it because i knew the ending would somehow be anti climatic. AND guess what ... it was... no final battle, no real strategy... all that training and nothing really special happened. AND MOST OF ALL I HAD HARDLY ANY LOVABLE CARACHTERS IN THE WHOLE SERIES. Yoshi would be the only one i like, the dad and the mom lol.

it was good for the 1st half though.
May 18, 2011 4:21 PM
Dec 2010
the ending suck .. why did they make this kind of ending? i thought yoshimori will change everything .. why they make hiura smile in the end aka sangou... the villain loss there role in the end etc etc many things to say about the ending anyway the store is 5/10 only for this chapter 345 period
May 29, 2011 10:53 PM

Dec 2008
As I just literally just started reading this because I knew it had finally ended I loved the whole thing.

The ending, while (imo) a little rushed and nothing really amazing still felt good to me.

The only thing I hated (and I understand because it is a shounen and not another genre) is that there wasn't any real like physical connection for Yoshimori and Tokine. I mean the confession was just like "Um, yeah. I am going to make a castle for us" and her response is just "You do know it takes math to do that." I mean I felt more emotion from them during the other major parts of the story. Shouldn't the ending have like the biggest emotion in it?

Oh well still loved it even though the ending was kinda "Eh". Oh and I felt really bad for the dad and it was like after they showed him cry from the shikigami disappearing they didn't show him after that. Just saying.
Jun 15, 2011 3:15 PM
May 2011
Anoki said:
As I just literally just started reading this because I knew it had finally ended I loved the whole thing.

The ending, while (imo) a little rushed and nothing really amazing still felt good to me.

The only thing I hated (and I understand because it is a shounen and not another genre) is that there wasn't any real like physical connection for Yoshimori and Tokine. I mean the confession was just like "Um, yeah. I am going to make a castle for us" and her response is just "You do know it takes math to do that." I mean I felt more emotion from them during the other major parts of the story. Shouldn't the ending have like the biggest emotion in it?

Oh well still loved it even though the ending was kinda "Eh". Oh and I felt really bad for the dad and it was like after they showed him cry from the shikigami disappearing they didn't show him after that. Just saying.
the confession beats the

"oh btw i love you" we see in every show now
Jul 31, 2011 6:36 PM

Mar 2010
No kiss :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2011 2:17 PM

Apr 2008
Yea it was far from a great ending but it wasn't that bad. I was disappointed that they couldn't even have a proper confession, not even at the very end. But at least the author made it obvious they would end up together.

The manga was a great story I could easily re-read and re-watch the anime on occasions, its still a bit of a sad ending with his mother staying behind and finding about her nature, especially how it affected her family. But overall it was a alright ending and a great story.
Sep 19, 2011 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
the ending was not as i expected. i think the ending would've been great if yoshimori and tokine ended up together. well.. if that's the ending ms. tanabe wants, there's nothing we can do but to just accept and enjoy it. GOOD JOB MS. TANABE YELLOW!! KEKKAISHI IS ABSOLUTELY A MASTERPIECE!! @_@
Sep 19, 2011 5:57 PM

Sep 2011
i dont think the ending was really disappointing, its just a epilouge, you can honestly expetc a huge blow out, though i will admit, a kiss or at least a hug would have made this a whole lot better

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 22, 2011 7:05 AM

Nov 2010
not good
Dec 5, 2011 11:46 PM

Jul 2010
The last chapter should have been longer and better i kind of wanted more from yoshi and tokine but it was ok. Its still one of my favorites i just wish it had ended better.
May 6, 2012 3:45 AM

Aug 2011
I do feel that the ending was pretty rushing
Kinda like when yoshimori went for training to seal karasumori completely i felt like tanabe sensei just dont want them to just stay in karasumori anymore
And the story become messy after that
And i want to see yoshimori grow up (so that he become taller than tokine and tokine start dating him)
Their mom was not supposed to die that easy(sacrifice herself or whatsoever living behind her children again)
I really want this to cont at least a little more chapter
Because if great story line in the beginning and got messy at the end, my marks only
8/10

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Aug 13, 2012 5:23 AM
Jul 2011
TANABE SENSEIII..!

AT LEAST, LET THEM KISS <3
Aug 24, 2012 10:43 PM

Jul 2010
i enjoyed this series VERY much, but i was actually shocked when i saw this was the last chapter. i was like "where the final battle? what just happened?"
im wondering if this show got cancelled or they asked to just wrap it up becuz of sales cuz that felt too random.
feels weird that i actually finished this, since this is my 1st long manga....

edit: just realized it was almost exact one year to this date that i started this manga....wow

Dec 18, 2013 8:13 PM

Aug 2013
The ending was not one of the worst that I have read, but it was still a bit disappointing. Even looking back the past several chapters beforehand it seems to be a mess plot wise. However, I would not tack that just to the ending, I found the series as a whole to be eclectic at times. It's sad that Yoshimori's mother had to be sacrificed, but I did not mind it as it gave her a fulfillment and purpose to her life and helping people. Perhaps the main problem I had was that they sealed Kurasamori. Yes he got a castle and akayashi and fake people to keep him company. However emphasis on the 'fake' part. All he really wanted was to be with people . . . But the last few pages were satisfying because Tokine and Yoshimori were together and he mentions that now that Kurasomori is sealed, they are free to pursue their own dreams rather than being bound to their family duty. Overall, this is just one of those endings where you get mixed feelings.
Aug 9, 2015 7:26 AM

Jan 2015
I enjoyed this quiet ending. Still, not enough to make me forget the disaster that were the 220 to 300 chapters, but at least make it worth the read.

The author managed to come up with an enjoyable world, although the physics of it weren't always consistent. Characters were quite good, except for the villains. Kaguro aside, they were brought into attention really badly and their intentions felt really shaky at best.

Masamori : "As women, they don't seem to lust for power, so everything progresses quickly" ...
That stupid feminist jibe was really unnecessary... Not the first time such a pattern was used in this manga,a bit sad really that the author is prejudiced.

7/10 for the series.
Jun 28, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2011
Decent series overall but I have to admit, the last few chapters.. got some mixed reactions.

The ending also was rather underwhelming, was hoping for a bit longer in terms of content.
Aug 19, 2016 9:50 PM
Jun 2015
I have to say that I'm really disappointed by the whole ending. Probably one of the worst endings in manga out there. What I felt was really crappy was that at the end of it all, Yoshi wasn't a hero, he was just a piece. Which makes the whole story about him sorta pointless.
Sep 24, 2016 9:31 PM

May 2016
it's indeed pretty terrible ending, and its pretty ironic when the mc fought his way out over his and his family's fate (in being tokimori's pawn), yet in the end he lost to it..
by far only tokimori's goals has been achieved. damn, he is a blessed culprit..

also what i hate the most is whyd both of chuusinmaru and sumiko had to bear such a cruel fate? T^T

well, though he had failed at fighting fate, at least, the mc has secured his way in achieving one of his dreams to c'est si bon tokine's ass.. sad but gotta give a credit for that one
Jan 16, 2017 11:28 PM
Sep 2012
Rather anticlimatic ending. Wished Tanabe had fleshed out the futures of Yoshimori and Tokine. What happened to the Kekkai techniques? Would they be passed down? Would be a waste to see generations of hard work gone to waste.

tbh yoshimori could just be a part-timer in the urakai
Jul 25, 2017 5:48 AM

Feb 2013
Meh, I wanted something to happen with Tokine and Yoshimori.
10/10 anyway.
Jul 25, 2017 6:34 AM

Mar 2010
Ulquiorra said:
Meh, I wanted something to happen with Tokine and Yoshimori.
10/10 anyway.

wow its been a while , and yeah this manga is cool haha.
Hopefully there will be companies interested into adapting the manga completely
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 12:39 PM
Aug 2015
My last 4 days where consumed by this and I don‘t regret it..
Even tho the beginning and the ending were a bit meh, I‘ll still give it a good 9/10.
So you again Yoshi !
Oct 14, 2019 5:56 PM
Oct 2019
Endingnya cukup bagus menurut ku tapi yg bikin saya kepikiran adalah ibu nya yoshimori :( overall 9,5/10 terima kasih tanabe yellow karna telah menciptakan manga sebagus ini :)
Oct 19, 2020 8:18 PM
Oct 2020
the ending for both Yoshi and Tokine is good tbh but the ending of Sumiko is not that good staying there just to seal it .. and now im in sadness because of what happen to Sumiko , hoping there will be a new/alternative ending that they will live a happy and peaceful life with Sumiko trying to be good at household chores

Shigemori should be the one who sacrifice for me he is the most useless in this series.
5/10 is my score it should be 10 . I personally hate when someone die or sacrifice themself for the sake of the others there will be always a good and happy ending hoping.

i think characters that get killed is easy to accept than characters who will sacrifice for the sake of many people

Mar 15, 2021 9:44 AM

May 2020
It was a pretty decent ending.

I wasn't expecting much and kept my expectations low, so I wasn't super disappointed by the ending. I'm actually surprised the author actually confirmed Yoshimoro x Tokine. Usually, it's just an open-ended "They'll get together.....eventually"-type situation, so I'm kinda happy, even though it's actually a pretty meh romance because it's seriously underdeveloped and Tokine is slowly edged out of the series after the Kokuboro arc.

Overall, this is a pretty good series but honestly a lot of it felt underdeveloped. The main story was really good and I did like the wand the characters but it did become a bit of a mess towards the end. 7/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkaishi Chapter 99 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Jul 20, 2017

1 by wariofart »»
Oct 2, 2023 6:23 PM

Poll: » Kekkaishi Chapter 98 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Jul 20, 2017

1 by wariofart »»
Oct 2, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Kekkaishi Chapter 95 Discussion

jeanfarias - Mar 16, 2013

2 by wariofart »»
Sep 28, 2023 11:35 AM

» From which chapter to continue after the anime?

Barry_Allen_14 - Dec 31, 2022

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Kekkaishi Chapter 344 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Apr 3, 2011

15 by JojoooJojoooo »»
Nov 4, 2021 5:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.