Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2011 2:08 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty enjoyable first episode, looks like this will be a "fun" action series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 13, 2014 3:16 AM

Feb 2012
Anyone else notice the cast of the Star Trek on the screen lol

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 21, 2015 4:21 AM

Sep 2015
In case anyone is interested I'm working my way through the TV series and posting brief reviews of each episode. Episode 1 is here: https://piratesobg.wordpress.com/2015/09/19/dirty-pair-1985-how-to-kill-a-computer/
A schedule bears the same relationship to reality as Astrology.
https://piratesobg.wordpress.com/
Sep 3, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2008
The animation was pretty good. It was mostly brainless fun, jumping right into action.
Feb 20, 2018 2:54 AM

Jul 2015
Enjoyable first ep, going to be a fun watch. Love the soundtrack.
Feb 18, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2017
This is my fourth re-watch and the jokes und banter still make me laugh. Kei & Yuri are bad ass 美人 <33. Their partnership was always one of the most entertaining parts of the anime. Meiko Nakahara on the OP and ED. Great first episode, I'm looking forward to experiencing everything again.

Dirty Pair forever

Aug 13, 2019 6:09 PM

Nov 2016
Almost nothing better than a light hearted 80's action comedy for a chill watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 19, 2020 12:43 PM

May 2018
I can't put up with this idea to make such silly almost-naked outfits for such serious and harmful job. I don't mind fanservice but this is far beyond logics and common sense.
I do realise this show is funny and entertaining and good overall but I just can't :(
It destroys all the sci-fi mood. These girls deal with criminals, fight, shoot guns, make explosions, and all that while wearing nothing but panties and bra
Nemo_NiemandMar 31, 2020 3:26 PM

Jan 27, 2021 8:28 AM

Dec 2013
God, this show really takes me back. There is just a charm that older shows have especially in the 80s. I like the music and hopefully I enjoy the rest of the series as much as You're under arrest.
Jul 28, 2021 1:47 AM
Jul 2021
At 19:20 we see where Yuri buys her pretty boy skin mags.

Also love that Kei putting her feet on the screen and calling him busted is what pushes Brian over the edge.
May 24, 2022 11:10 AM

Dec 2018
hmm
pretty good animation for a hand drawn 80s anime, surprisingly good sound. there are some that are just unwatchable purely for that. as far as enjoyment, i'd say this was pretty interesting. brian...lol clever. also, announcing your attack and then giving a super computer 15 seconds to prepare is just ridiculous but i'll accept it for now. i hope she meets that guy again. there's also something to say about hand drawn anime. usually it has just so much more love and detail to it, idk how to explain it. it's harder to animate movement sure and sometimes it comes off as clumsy but the detail is something to be appreciated.
May 24, 2022 11:14 AM

Dec 2018
Nemo_Niemand said:
I can't put up with this idea to make such silly almost-naked outfits for such serious and harmful job. I don't mind fanservice but this is far beyond logics and common sense.
I do realise this show is funny and entertaining and good overall but I just can't :(
It destroys all the sci-fi mood. These girls deal with criminals, fight, shoot guns, make explosions, and all that while wearing nothing but panties and bra

dude i know, but i grew up watching 80s cartoons and shit and they weren't much better. seriously, what was he-man wearing?
May 24, 2022 12:24 PM

May 2018
StateofOhayo said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

dude i know, but i grew up watching 80s cartoons and shit and they weren't much better. seriously, what was he-man wearing?

Hehe, yeah. I think I got softer in these two years. I'm a big retro fan and I got this show in plans now.

May 24, 2022 12:30 PM

Dec 2018
Nemo_Niemand said:
StateofOhayo said:

Hehe, yeah. I think I got softer in these two years. I'm a big retro fan and I got this show in plans now.

i hope you find it fun. it surely isn't deep or much of a brain teaser but so far it's fun. i haven't watched enough to say much more.
Nov 8, 2023 1:26 PM

May 2023
This looks like a fun show, brimming with that characteristic, light-hearted, colourful, eighties style! As for the girls' outfits? Besides all that typical 80s aesthetic, they reminded me of a pivotal piece of classic SciFi entertainment from the Sixties: a film (and, before that, a comic book series) where the heroine goes against her enemies and fights evil, clad in an interesting assortment of outfits. The film is Barbarella of course!
Nov 12, 2023 4:26 AM
Sep 2022
The only people who hate Dirty Pair would be Gantz fans with their Cheetos dust fingers malding and trying to talk to a brick wall on how "great" Gantz is.
Nov 12, 2023 4:39 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Nemo_Niemand
@Nemo_Niemand At least the fanservice is better used than Gantz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dirty Pair Episode 10 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - May 20, 2015

5 by Beatnik »»
Jan 9, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Dirty Pair Episode 9 Discussion

Cowabunga - Oct 25, 2011

14 by Beatnik »»
Jan 9, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Dirty Pair Episode 7 Discussion

Cowabunga - Oct 22, 2011

11 by Beatnik »»
Jan 7, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Dirty Pair Episode 8 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - May 16, 2015

5 by blondie_ahead »»
Aug 21, 2023 6:07 PM

Poll: » Dirty Pair Episode 24 Discussion

arcadiagt5 - Jun 24, 2016

9 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Mar 3, 2023 8:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.