Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 4, 2011 2:45 PM

Nov 2009
Well, that was a bit... weird... (unique?)

Some parts were funny, although the show was all over the place. The little girl was pretty funny, I think that whole scene was the best part of the episode.

After seeing the ED of the episode, I got even more confused. I'll keep watching this for now, but I'm not sure that I'll finish it.
Apr 4, 2011 2:57 PM

Nov 2008
I somehow found this series unique, even the title o_O What's with the title? XDD I was expecting this to be a fantasy-like show and they gave us a modern setting XDD suddenly put a fairy tale setting at the end? WTH o_O

I really like their interactions. They're like my party people friends. they only use the same condom XDD

So they will just switch channels to see other setting?

also numerous main leads in a harem is unusual too so i'll stick with this to see more. Hopefully, it won't make me disappointed XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 4, 2011 2:58 PM

Mar 2010
Despite some unnecessary fan-service and confusion that some people are having with the introduction of the characters, I think this show is not as bad as people are claiming to be.

It's not that hard deduce the character's background story and their personalities from the dialogues they had in this episode, and I'm interested to see if these bunches of seemingly unrelated characters ends up involved together in some kind of important event. On the other hand, some of the voice actors did pretty good damn job with their characters, while others still seem to trying to find some grooves with them.

Anyway, I'm curious to see why Ore Tachi was one of the best selling visual novel in Japan. Who knows, the story could turn out to be better than most people's expectations.

Apr 4, 2011 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
eh, it was OK, I guess
not liking but I have to watch episode 2, and if I don't like it then I might drop it
lol
Alice made me lol though
xDD
Apr 4, 2011 3:56 PM

Jan 2008
I liked Shuffle!, but this one. . . I don't know, the first ten minutes into the show and I haven't even broken into a smile yet, nevertheless laughed.
The characters appear to have potential, and there's nothing wrong with the voice acting, but the flow just seems to be way off.
Apr 4, 2011 4:09 PM
Apr 2010
Well this is something I totally didn't expect in a "Harem" series. They turned it into a slapstick comedy with WORD play. I like it, and the adult jokes just add to the fun. Sticking with it just for the laughs. :D
Apr 4, 2011 4:10 PM

Nov 2009
I'm not sure what I just watched but I'll wait till 4 eps in before I give it the full ride or not...
Apr 4, 2011 4:22 PM
Apr 2009
i'll keep watching
in fact, I have no more animes to watch
I got myself use to watch all new series every seasons
and maybe drop 1 or 2
for now, i'll take this as an introduction ep
but the ending was cool I got to admit haha
Apr 4, 2011 4:23 PM

Nov 2009
...wtf was with that ED. I like to watch things having never read the summary, or at least those that are coming out during the season, which caused a big headache.

I suppose they are all not going to go into another world or something. God, this is even more confusing then stein;gate was. -.-
Apr 4, 2011 4:25 PM

Jun 2010
Giving this series a couple of episodes before I make a decision to drop it...
Apr 4, 2011 4:25 PM

Jan 2011
I like the unique approach to this and it interest me to watch more. I don't really get a harem vibe from this except for the high school male lead's scenerio. And his will probably be the weakest one in the show, felt like shuffle 2.0, very boring. The Dark bad boy's scenerio looks like it will be the "serious" scenerio of the show. His might be ok.

I'm really interested in the energetic Bar guy's scenerio.Felt very fresh and change of pace compared to most VN adaptations. It also gave me Honey and Clover vibes for some reason, this scenerio will probably be my favorite. Other than the high school male lead who seems to have a harem, the other two guys seem to be focused on one girl, which is a nice change.
Tenchi_RyuApr 4, 2011 4:29 PM
Apr 4, 2011 4:33 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Haha, wow that was random as fuck. But seriously the show had nothing on the ending where the hell did that come from?? lol

Also I like all the little uptight bitches in this thread that drop the show after one ep because there small brains can't handle a bit of randomness. Seriously kids grow up!
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Apr 4, 2011 4:49 PM

Aug 2010
Hey guis.. guis.. Did i just watch 4 different animes in one go? First some college kids wanting to party and fuck, and then some poor japanese kid on the streets thats friends with a black man touching all over a blonde lolly, and then some high school alien, and then the ED we have olden days with swords and killing flying bird monsters?..

HELP NOW NAOOOO!!!!!!
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Apr 4, 2011 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
Hahaha this was awesome, and I thought they had ran out of ways to adapt generic harem eroge.
Apr 4, 2011 5:07 PM

Jul 2010
so how the hell is this story gonna be told? im kinda confused here. Is it gonna go through each male leads story who's gonna get a harem and then end it then go on to the second and then the third following the same format or have everything told in one all rounded story. Im confused here. some1 plz explain
Apr 4, 2011 5:09 PM

Apr 2010
Ok that was pretty awesome, it was funny and had a unique style to it, i like it a lot, and everyone hatting on the fanservice needs to get with the fact that this is based on an ergoe and what do ergoe do best oh right fanservice and sex. as for all the characters its a little hard to keep track but it'll eventually be easer to remember them all latter.
Apr 4, 2011 5:16 PM
Apr 2011
stevewiess01 said:
Despite some unnecessary fan-service and confusion that some people are having with the introduction of the characters, I think this show is not as bad as people are claiming to be.

It's not that hard deduce the character's background story and their personalities from the dialogues they had in this episode, and I'm interested to see if these bunches of seemingly unrelated characters ends up involved together in some kind of important event. On the other hand, some of the voice actors did pretty good damn job with their characters, while others still seem to trying to find some grooves with them.

Anyway, I'm curious to see why Ore Tachi was one of the best selling visual novel in Japan. Who knows, the story could turn out to be better than most people's expectations.

Ore-Tachi was famous for just that - the characters and the way the mains interact with them. Most of the VA's were from the game itself too, as is some of the music, the scene-change mechanism (double vertical shutter) and even the revolver shot to 'censor' the cuss words. It also explores a lot of issues that I hope will also be at least touched upon in this show.

I agree with you now that it's not bad-bad. The thing is I was (and probably still am) hoping for an epic.
Tenchi_Ryu said:
I like the unique approach to this and it interest me to watch more. I don't really get a harem vibe from this except for the high school male lead's scenerio. And his will probably be the weakest one in the show, felt like shuffle 2.0, very boring. The Dark bad boy's scenerio looks like it will be the "serious" scenerio of the show. His might be ok.

I'm really interested in the energetic Bar guy's scenerio.Felt very fresh and change of pace compared to most VN adaptations. It also gave me Honey and Clover vibes for some reason, this scenerio will probably be my favorite. Other than the high school male lead who seems to have a harem, the other two guys seem to be focused on one girl, which is a nice change.

From the VN, Shuusuke and his circle have been my faves and Hayato is my favorite as a character. The high school guy, Takeshi, never really liked him much either. Give him some time though and he can draw sympathy - he did resort to imagining that crazy new world after all, right? 'The place I will return to'. After all, his 'girlfriend' does seem to prioritize her friends over him.

fruant said:
Hahaha this was awesome, and I thought they had ran out of ways to adapt generic harem eroge.

Ore-Tachi was actually hailed as a break from the generic eroge formula. Multiple leads, vivid cast, varied setting and a degree of seriousness I haven't seen in an eroge. Ore-Tachi was leaps and bounds better than the Shuffle! VN I can tell you that.
Apr 4, 2011 5:22 PM
Mar 2011
I have absolutely no idea what the hell I watched. Ill probably stick with watching it just to see what its about.
Apr 4, 2011 5:28 PM
Apr 2011
bloodstainx said:
so how the hell is this story gonna be told? im kinda confused here. Is it gonna go through each male leads story who's gonna get a harem and then end it then go on to the second and then the third following the same format or have everything told in one all rounded story. Im confused here. some1 plz explain

Explaining that would defeat the purpose of following it. Haha
Apr 4, 2011 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
After Madoka I'm going to watch at least three episodes of any anime before I drop it. There looks to be enough here to keep going for longer than that though.

And the fact that there is fan service and echhi in an anime ported from an eroge...I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 4, 2011 5:33 PM

Oct 2007
This anime really feels a lot like Durarara. Maybe it's just the context.

Oh and the black guy and gothic loli had me sold. x)
Apr 4, 2011 5:37 PM

Jul 2010
ok someone plz mssg me or use a spoiler hider and tell me wtf this story is about cuz im seriously confused right now.
Apr 4, 2011 5:44 PM
Feb 2009
umm really messed up for a first episode tbh..
Apr 4, 2011 5:56 PM

Feb 2011
Didn't really enjoy the first episode overall, although the loli was funny as hell. In general it seemed kinda random and lost, things didn't really make a lot of sense and that fantasy stuff thrown in for the ED was totally out of nowhere. Will watch a few more episodes if for no other reason than to see more of the loli, hopefully it'll get better.
Apr 4, 2011 6:00 PM
Apr 2011
bloodstainx said:
ok someone plz mssg me or use a spoiler hider and tell me wtf this story is about cuz im seriously confused right now.

Spoiler coming right at ya.

Hope this clears things out
Apr 4, 2011 6:03 PM

Jul 2010
Elias_Pedro said:
bloodstainx said:

Apr 4, 2011 6:05 PM

Oct 2010
What in the world is this? It's so filled with characters to remember all their names, too many for a 12 episode series (IMO) introduced in just 1 ep, and so much arc-switching that I can't even begin to tell what's going on.

Man it's pretty boring, except for the kitty-monster part. Someone plz tell me, whether the VN is any better. Cuz if it is, I'll put this on hold for now and get my hands on the game instead.

And didn't I see that perverted blue haired kid somewhere before? Not sure if it was Shuffle, probably my imagination.
Apr 4, 2011 6:05 PM
Apr 2011
bloodstainx said:
Elias_Pedro said:
bloodstainx said:

We'll have to wait and see.
Apr 4, 2011 6:07 PM

Oct 2009
That... was weird. It was like a harem produced by SHAFT, but without any of the sharp artistic flair. Its not as bad as I thought it would be, but its largely jumbled. I didn't understand what the hell was going on. I did like some of the jokes though and it doesn't feel as generic as a lot of other harem because of the slightly unique direction. Weird that this anime is scene based though, with all those characters being introduced at once with only 12 episodes, I see a disaster...
Apr 4, 2011 6:07 PM
Apr 2011
Lefake said:
What in the world is this? It's so filled with characters to remember all their names, too many for a 12 episode series (IMO) introduced in just 1 ep, and so much arc-switching that I can't even begin to tell what's going on.

Man it's pretty boring, except for the kitty-monster part. And didn't I see that perverted blue haired kid somewhere before?

Someone plz tell me, whether the VN is any better. Cuz if it is, I'll put this on hold for now and get my hands on the game instead.

The VN was great, so I'd stay on this boat a little while longer.
Apr 4, 2011 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
Elias_Pedro said:
Ore-Tachi was actually hailed as a break from the generic eroge formula. Multiple leads, vivid cast, varied setting and a degree of seriousness I haven't seen in an eroge. Ore-Tachi was leaps and bounds better than the Shuffle! VN I can tell you that.

I had conditioned myself to not expect stuff from Navel, but it seems they did something right then.

Glad I picked this up.
Apr 4, 2011 6:35 PM

Jun 2010
Another anime where I have no idea what's going on. I hope it gets interesting later on.

Apr 4, 2011 6:42 PM
Apr 2011
13man18 said:
Another anime where I have no idea what's going on. I hope it gets interesting later on.

If you're not sure what the heck just happened, you can check the synopsis I made a while back. It's under spoiler filters. Hope it helps.
Apr 4, 2011 7:40 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty horrible first episode, but I give most anime 3 episodes minimum to catch my attention. Best part was definitely the loli and even that was not that fantastic.
Apr 4, 2011 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
Loli was cute, mostly because I liked how her seiyuu voiced her though.

That was really, really weird. Expected a better first episode, but I won't drop it yet. There's a lot going on, so hopefully it's just the fact it's getting started and introducing everything.
Apr 4, 2011 8:38 PM

Apr 2009
McRib said:
It's like I'm really in Detroit!

sup mugi

As for an actual opinion, I'm not sure what I was supposed to think of this episode. Every time I started getting used to the characters, the setting and cast suddenly changed. None of it really seemed to fit together at all, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be paying attention to or anything like that. I'm just... confused, in a very bad way.

Elias_Pedro's explanation helped a bit, but I don't think of it as a good sign when the whole framing device has to be explained by someone who is already familiar with the material. A good "confusing" anime makes you want to find out more about the setting and characters. This anime makes me want to watch something different and more consistent. I'm not enjoying this so far, and I hope that the coming episodes jump around less.
Apr 4, 2011 8:42 PM

Jun 2009
At least this isn't the typical romance, drama that I was expecting. It was actually funny especially the Engrish and the foreigner little kid. That was hilarious.

My only complaint is the confusing format but I'll get used to it.
Apr 4, 2011 8:43 PM

Aug 2010
I see a lot of hating going on, but I case that's to be expected since the show is kind of everywhere and nowhere right now. I like to give it more of a chance though since, good or bad, it should be interesting because it is done very differently.
Apr 4, 2011 9:26 PM
Jul 2008
Sigh, this happens every single time.
Every time a show starts airing, retards who CLEARLY dislike that specific kind of show start appearing and spouting shit about how they don't like it. How can you be so oblivious to your own taste as to not know what to watch and what to ignore? There's only a few posts with worthy criticism. Once again, sigh.

However, I was surprised. This hadn't happened in a fucking long time, my expectations for the show were completely wrong. I went in expecting some more or less generic harem, if lucky enough I might get a good romance or something out of it. But this was extraordinarily random, instead of a romance harem I got some crazy comedy (I actually laughed a couple times) that seemed to be transform in an action shounen at the end.
Anyway, I enjoyed it, though I do hope they settle down a bit. I can't handle so many characters (or more like, I don't want to).
Apr 4, 2011 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the loli because of her clothes and Engrish/horrible Japanese.

It sucks for me because I actually like the male character in the school setting, but liked the adult setting more. It's just that most of the adults just want to fuck... wait that's just like real life...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2011 10:03 PM

Oct 2010
As if the anime wasnt all over the place as it is it drops that bombshell at the end. wtf
Apr 4, 2011 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
For a minute there I thought we was going to get a faceless male lead. Pretty crazy episode.

Maybe someone who played the VN can clear this up.

Apr 4, 2011 10:14 PM

Jul 2009
Wat. I'll give it a couple more eps, but I'm not interested right now at all.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 4, 2011 10:23 PM

Apr 2010
movip1991 said:

Elias_Pedro's explanation helped a bit, but I don't think of it as a good sign when the whole framing device has to be explained by someone who is already familiar with the material. A good "confusing" anime makes you want to find out more about the setting and characters. This anime makes me want to watch something different and more consistent. I'm not enjoying this so far, and I hope that the coming episodes jump around less.

I look at it like an Unlimited Blade Works situation. You jam pack tons of content into a small time frame, and you pretty much expect people to already know it. This is one of the most popular VNs in Japan, afterall. So I don't expect much explanation, since it is looking to be more of a summary of the series with just the big parts, instead of covering the entire story. Which in the end, sucks for people in the West since it hasn't been translated yet here.

On that token, seeing as how its a very popular VN in Japan, and enough people will be interested in it after this anime adaption, it won't surprise me if it does get fan translated in the next couple years, and then people go back to this anime and understand it way more then they would now.

Apr 4, 2011 10:26 PM

Nov 2010
It's like three shows in one XD

also, Dat Loli :3
Apr 4, 2011 10:45 PM

Jun 2008
HOLY SHIT this was horribly boring, and just plain horrible too...

I usually give anime more than one episode, but I think HALF this episode was too much.

DROPPED
Apr 4, 2011 10:57 PM

Feb 2008
This is a disgrace to the visual novel.
Apr 4, 2011 11:20 PM

Jan 2010
This is just as I feared...
This is just making the visual novel look bad.
I can take minor changes from the visual novel but this is just...ugh...

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Apr 4, 2011 11:58 PM
Mar 2010
Wtf? What just happened ._.
People who has played the VN, care to explain?
Apr 5, 2011 12:25 AM

Feb 2011
It kind of reminded me of ef - a tale of memories with the whole "different people different stories" idea. It was boring but hopefully it will get better.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2011

50 by Rad_Scientist »»
Feb 5, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - May 9, 2011

54 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 23, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 17, 2011

65 by BrianaBird »»
Apr 13, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2011

100 by Edocchi »»
Apr 12, 2022 9:33 PM

» Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai for PSVita and PS3

nbdmiyako - Feb 26, 2014

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 22, 2021 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.