Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 19, 2016 2:51 PM

Jan 2011
If Hei has a renumeration, it has to be related to always looking glum and dumb.

And i don't think Hei is interested in a harem, the only woman he cares about is his sister. He "partnerzoned" Yin, and that only happend under more or less extrem circumstances, before this she was simply there. If she gets more feelings, becomes more like a human and less like a doll, it might happen.

Misaki.. i don't see that happening right now. I can see it happening in the end, she's chasing him already after all, even if for all the wrong reasons, but right now, nope.

Amber..depends. If she has a good explanation for what happend, sure. But she is not interested in telling him right away, or she can't. So nope.

Havoc? They weren't exactly on friendly terms, and she didn't play much of a role the last episodes. Not the best start for a harem.

Actually the one with the biggest chances might be the girl in the lab at the gate, the way she acted looked like she was interested in him. And contrary to the others (except for Yin), they meet several times peacefully.

About Ambers power: Time stop sure is crazy. But if it takes a huge toll. Still, she could have killed everyone there. Don't forget that contractors are basically still humans.You don't need powers to actually kill them, it's just that nobody tried in earnest taking a contractor out.

Think of Kiritsugu of Fate fame. He would love this. Well, not love, but he would be perfect. People who have extraordinary power who forget that regular weapons still work.

So she *can* use her powers offensively. I wonder though how it works exactly. Is the area limited? The duration? Can you resist it? Especially thinking of the old woman - why would Amber release her when everyone else there is still frozen? Also, she used a flick to the head on her partner. Might just be playful, but the following scenes showed people "recovering" at different speeds.

Everyone was gone when Misaki "came back", her astronomer friend was the first among the people in the lab etc.
Jul 27, 2016 12:43 AM

Dec 2013
RIP Maki. His power was cool but I didn’t care too much about him.

Amber’s power seems pretty broken. I’m curious with what her payment is.
Aug 17, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2013
Can someone explain who the old lady is? The lady with all the tubes hooked up to her head. I must've missed something...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 11, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
Why people in this show keep talking about tobacco lol. I mean I don't smoke but

Amber partner warned that there's a limit of payment she could pay... I wonder what's her payment? Damn that power is really convenient. Nice usage XD
Jul 10, 2017 7:45 PM

May 2010
Amber is totally OP, her remuneration must be pretty damn huge >_> Maki was quite a brat, but she seemed to not really care for him, I don't like her... But at least I finally feel somehow invested!
Dec 3, 2018 12:23 AM

Feb 2015
Another good conclusion. So curious about what Amber is using her power for and what her plans are along with her associates.

Jun 19, 2019 2:46 AM

Sep 2012
little tip yin and hei together in the gate would be like gods they together can decide faith of the world, they are both key's like key in 2pieces hei is one piece and yin other piece

its related with what will happen in the ova season between first snd second season and also with second season
Dec 29, 2020 8:14 AM

Jul 2017
Amber's power relates to time manipulation eh. Pretty cool power if you ask me, definitely one of the best powers I've seen from the show for a Contractor so far. The episode itself was pretty average for me and felt a bit sleepy, but the part with Hei tired of Amber's shit and slapping her for her vague explanations for the whereabouts of Hei's sister was intense. I still wish the show actually established Hei's relationship with his sister a lot better with flashbacks or some kind of content to show how much Hei's sister means to him beyond the family tag. Still though, the ending with Amber was interesting as she used her ability to manipulate time and kissed Hei goodbye while time was frozen. Tragic love eh.
Feb 9, 2021 8:23 PM
Oct 2019
Now we're in it. the home stretch

what are these mediums? are they contractors? or are they just another type of "being" like a moratorium, contractor, doll, spectre (not sure these are actually "beings"), etc? the stargazer lady kind of looks like the old woman who havoc lived with in romania

the end of times is nigh. amber february is up to something. Looked like Pi was probably hidden in the shadows at the end there in amber february's rendezvous with the mysterious other members. are they trying to bring about a south america event in Japan? in order to get rid of the gate, return the world to normalcy? Or to what end?

kind of feel bad for that explosion boy. he was just a kid, and seemed like a good kid, mostly. but he was manipulated by amber february and others and had no sense of self worth
Feb 17, 2021 10:33 AM

May 2020
Apr 8, 2021 8:09 AM

May 2020
Huang getting shocked was pretty damn entertaining. He deserved every single volt.

And yet another girl in this series who likes Hei. Counting the doll from the first episode, along with Meena from the Hell's Gate research facility and now Amber, it's pretty clear Hei's built up a nice little harem.

Amber's power is pretty cool and probably has a correspondingly uncool remuneration.
Jul 2, 2021 5:55 AM

Jan 2020
Yin and July will love each other I guess, lol.

And thanks again DTB for reminding me how it's dangerous to be near a smoker...

Well well well... the long awaited time stop ability.....

Why Amber looks older in the flashback ?

Aug 11, 2021 12:15 PM

Mar 2019
Omg yes, Amber best girl! I really want to see the backstory for Hei+Amber+Hei's sister. And how did Hei find Yin?? Who is this syndicate Huang keeps mentioning. Damn so many questions left.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 2, 2021 7:56 PM

Aug 2018
"strongest contractor" my ass! *lost to brit*

Aug 3, 2023 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
"Hand above your head. But if you take your hand down and make a suspicious move, it's not like we would shoot you or anything."
Worst special forces ever.
Apr 4, 11:46 PM
May 2017
So, the all 'Beginning of the End' would have came if Hei had agreed to Amber in exchange for Pai.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

100 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 13, 2007

99 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

144 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

102 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:41 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Viral - Apr 27, 2007

98 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.