Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 11, 2008 10:11 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just came back from the movies and I have to say, it was great.
Nice to see everyone back together, as well as new villains and characters.
I was a little bit irk'd when the animators used 3D at parts where there was a hundred of blanks, but I assume it's easier to animate.
Otherwise, 9/10
LunaNov 13, 2012 5:09 AM

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jun 12, 2008 7:16 PM

May 2007
Just came back from the movie and was disappointed, it was a bad plot, with way too much fanservice(I mean characters showing up for the fans not boobs). The animation was fine but I didn't like the new characters.
I just spent the time waiting for Byakuya and Kenpachi(who rocks but still..)
5/10
My anime list
Jun 12, 2008 8:54 PM

Dec 2007
I just got back from the theater and I have to say I enjoyed it. Which is good, since I laid out of work to go see it. And it was awesome to see the movie get a good turn out for my area (even on the second night). My only complaint was the rather high ticket price ($10). XP
Jun 12, 2008 10:30 PM

May 2008
Yeah, I just got back from the movies, and I was disappointed that they were dubbed (but I knew that was coming...) I also enjoyed the little intro about the english voice actors, LOL at renji's.

The movie was ok, it was as filler-y as I had expected...

Jun 15, 2008 3:45 PM

Dec 2007
I'm a huge Bleach fan, but this movie left me feeling very disappointed. For one, the animation was nowhere near on par with the Naruto movies (same animation studio). Senna was interesting, but the villains were just cardboard cutouts. Every plot twist was predictable from a mile away, a few of the new character designs were ripped right out of the Hueco Mundo arc and as mitamaking said, squad captains would show up for no apparent reason (and then are never seen again) except to please the die-hard fans. This movie really does a disservice to the great story Kubo builds in the manga. Characters don't show up just to show up, they at least have a point in the story. This movie just left me wanting more.

Sad thing is, whenever these said characters showed up, fangirls in the audience would squeal and shout out their names. Good job, Pierrot, you succeeded in putting more effort of cramming in random characters over setting up a decent plot (which becomes unnecessarily convoluted at points).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2008 10:44 AM

May 2008
I really enjoyed the movie!
Damn i wish i was in Japan

"Why do women have butts on their chests?" Son Goku
Jul 29, 2008 2:17 PM
Apr 2008
That was really good, I haven't seen past the Bountou arc yet so I can't comment on whether the characters are similar... While I liked Senna, the villains were a bit silly, although they had cool weapons, which brings me to the point of this film... The fight scenes, which were EPIC WIN...

Overall a great excuse for fight scenes involving all of everyone's favourite Shinigami... I'm only disappointed that Yachiru didn't fight, I think any fight scene with her would be pure hilarity.

Aug 2, 2008 7:54 PM

Oct 2007
It was ok but once again continuity is a bitch. I mean it kinda sucks that we know all the villians and new characters were going to die, I mean they even erased the memory of this. That is my personal quirk with the movie besides the fact that there was not enough fight scenes and the last one with Ichigo and the main villian was kinda sad.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Oct 19, 2008 10:14 AM

Sep 2008
these people was the same as bounto o_O
and the ending song is the BEST lyric what i seen
i really like this movie but not as normal anime
Mar 20, 2009 12:40 AM

Oct 2007
zuzqaa said:
these people was the same as bounto o_O

Yeah, me too, but so such though. The movie only showed the leader talking about the struggles instead of everyone. The difference between the Bounto arc and the movie was of Senna though.

The movie was ok, but its not one of the best that I enjoyed.

May 28, 2009 8:42 PM

Jul 2008
It was okay, but I guess I was just expecting more. I liked Senna, but the villains were terrible. Yes, it's a movie and it's an hour and a half but there was no character development anywhere for them, and as already said, squad captains were showing up everywhere, I almost expected Aizen to show up.

I feel like the villains were so unnecessary that they shouldn't have even brought out Bankai to defeat them. And uh, thanks animators for Hisagi being the only one who didn't get a fight scene (personal qualm, lol). :(

Still, from a pure-fan point-of-view, it was enjoyable.
Jun 30, 2009 9:17 PM

Jan 2009
mitamaking said:
Just came back from the movie and was disappointed, it was a bad plot, with way too much fanservice(I mean characters showing up for the fans not boobs). The animation was fine but I didn't like the new characters.
I just spent the time waiting for Byakuya and Kenpachi(who rocks but still..)
5/10
Fan service? One of the main characters died!!!! How is that fan service... blah! The bleach series is all fan service, nobody ever dying. This movie actually had a main character die.
Jul 13, 2009 7:41 AM

Mar 2009
I really enjoyed this.

Jul 19, 2009 11:12 AM

Jan 2009
Alicia3000 said:
I really enjoyed this.

me too!!!! *_*
and i don't think Senna died... the last scene showed her running on the sidewalk and Ichigo even noticed her! even though he hasn't supposed to remember......

...and don't give me reasons for being wrong! that's just my personal opinion and i'm not gonna change it [-( !!

Sep 5, 2009 11:10 PM

Sep 2008
diamond9393anda said:
Alicia3000 said:
I really enjoyed this.

me too!!!! *_*
and i don't think Senna died... the last scene showed her running on the sidewalk and Ichigo even noticed her! even though he hasn't supposed to remember......

...and don't give me reasons for being wrong! that's just my personal opinion and i'm not gonna change it [-( !!

I just finished watching this. They played it as an Adult Swim Movie.

I don't think your wrong either. You can tell he knew who's ribbon it was instantly, then when Senna ran past him, he laughed then, knowing she is still around.

I thought the movie was good though. I had been watching episodes for awhile and today finished episode 54 - 63 today, since people said at finish at least season 3 before watching the movie.
I gave the movie a 9/10. (Really an 8.5 but i rounded up.)
Sep 5, 2009 11:18 PM

Jul 2009
FlamingDogs said:
Fan service? One of the main characters died!!!! How is that fan service... blah! The bleach series is all fan service, nobody ever dying. This movie actually had a main character die.

*Sigh* next time watch it through the credits. You should know by now that they often have quick features or scenes afterwards.

Also, when did they learn how to fly again?
Sep 6, 2009 7:06 AM

Apr 2007
I don't think "Senna" was alive since she was just a make-up of other peoples memories. The girl in the end was just a look a like, or she would've remembered Ichigo right? I think that ending was one of those that are meant to keep you guessing. Whose to say he actually knew who the girl was in front of him. He probably knew he had known someone with that cheerful attitude or just 'hmm'ed' because she was so shiney. I'm just saying this cause I was thinking about the ending after seeing it last night/this morn'.

I thought that it was strange when some of the captains and lieutenants that usually don't show up to help when Ichigo is doing something, did come to his aid. The bad guys were lacking too. I thought the movie was okay though.

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Sep 6, 2009 11:01 AM

Sep 2009
Great movie, I just sawed it yesterday on TV ^^;
I cryed at the ending, I really liked Senna *sniff*

Oct 26, 2009 6:20 AM
Aug 2008
I saw it on Adult Swim a while back and I loved the movie.It had a good blend of everything fight scenes,good music score,emotional scenes especially at the end of the movie and yes...the fanservice.

My favorite part about the movie was the interaction between Ichigo and Senna,which is what the movie focuses on anyway.I also liked the addition of almost all the squad captains appearing in one place.

Now the best part of the movie,even though it's really sad and makes me cry everytime was the ending when Senna fades away after sacrificing herself to prevent the two worlds from coming together.And we all know she also did it cuz she didn't want Ichigo to die...see there was love between them after all.Sadly though Ichigo never got the chance to express HIS feelings for Senna before she faded away.

Now at the same time the ending is the best part cuz its what completes the movie,its THAT exact moment that just gets you without knowing.I don't care if your a guy who says they never cry,you WILL cry after watching the ending I did and it felt good.
Mar 14, 2010 7:54 PM

Feb 2010
i really liked this movie and yes the villians do seem a bit alike the bounto and the leader had same voice as the leader of the bounto and yer

but still a good movie cus has good story only villians needed to be bit better

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Mar 24, 2010 6:33 AM

Oct 2008
LOL, Rukia's acting at the start of the movie, which actually came true.

Anyway Senna has a pretty powerful attack.

Also, lol'd at Urahara and Tessai's explaination. xD

Also, Kurosaki Isshin is one funny dad. xD

Anyway, good movie with good plotline. Awesome OST.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 21, 2010 7:50 AM

May 2010
It was a really good movie imo with all the fights and such. I only thought that it was stupid for Senna to die at the end when a lot of people risked their lives to save her and also the enemies were really weak.
Aug 8, 2010 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
This Movie is one of the best movies I've seen from bleach ! it's so sad til the end and the characters all also good, fighting was good too (i even have this movie on my PSP lol)

Giving this 10/10!!!1!

Aug 13, 2010 5:50 PM

Sep 2008
Just giving people a heads up, According to the Adult Swim Schedule, they will be playing Bleach Movies 1 and 2 back to back This Saturday Night.

Memories of Nobody from Midnight to 2 AM.
The DiamondDust Rebellion from 2 AM to 4 AM (Times in Central Time).

Then next Saturday they will play Bleach episodes 166 and 167 (for recap, which idk why since 168 starts a filler season).Then Bleach 168 starts August 28th.

I'm pissed that according to the Schedule, there won't be any new FMA: Brotherhood for awhile.
Sep 8, 2010 5:27 PM

Mar 2010
not bad.

Sep 29, 2010 9:46 AM

Jun 2010
I like the movie saw it in the theaters and watched the DVD as well. I thought it was pretty good. It could have been better though. Just an interesting bit of info. At the end of the movie when Senna asks if her name is on the tombstone Ichigo says that it is. On the DVD it does not show what the name is, but when I saw it in theaters it did give the name (can't remember what it was) and it was not Senna's name. This is not really important but just thought it was interesting...

Overall 4 out 5

Oct 18, 2010 9:59 PM

Jan 2010
good movie, I liked it! Senna was interesting.
Nov 20, 2010 7:06 PM

Aug 2010
I thought this was the best bleach movie, senna's character was amazing, and the whole plot with the blanks was interesting :)
The movie had an awesome musical score that made the emotions come together, it made the movie soo much better.
Best parts in the movie...Ichigo always tossing around his body and assumed to have had a cardiac arrest haha, and the last scene of the movie, where Ichigo carries Senna to her grave, which sadly was not her grave, and the scene after the credits :)
I'd give it a 9/10, would have been better if they elaborated more on the clan that was exiled, they died off a little to fast, with no last words..
Nov 27, 2010 7:51 PM
Sep 2009
8 out of 10 for me. Man, this would have been great if it was fleshed out a bit more as a filler arc in the TV series.
Dec 8, 2010 1:52 PM

Sep 2009
Pretty great movie only thing is it could have been longer
Senna is awesome like Goosey said it would have been great as filler
i wouldn't Have minded about 20 episodes or so of Senna xP

Jan 12, 2011 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
It definitely needs a bit more fleshing out. But some scenes were really touching especially the ending one. Some of the new music was great! Gave a real Ghibli feel... But the film itself l was nowhere near as good as his stuff.
Jan 22, 2011 4:14 PM
Mar 2010
I realy enjoyed this movie. However i felt as other have said it could have been fleshed out a bit more by making this into a 4 part ova series of 40 minites each or something. I felt some of the, was it dead souls or something? i forget as their name was mentioned once, were created just to give one of the main characters someone to fight.
I thought upto when Senna was took it was definatly the right speed and an amazing movie. After that, although some of the fights were really good, some things like Byakuya's bankai were passing moments and made this into a good movie but not an amazing one.
Jan 28, 2011 10:17 PM

Dec 2010
I enjoyed watching this movie, I mean, Senna was pretty interesting, and her interacition with Ichigo was very good, I just felt a bit unconfortable with the sad ending (sad ending hater...)
Anyway, I really recommend this movie for everyone that likes Bleach.
Mar 21, 2011 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
The film beat all Naruto films. I thought it was pretty decent, and that girl didn't annoy me too much. I'm glad I watched it. The ending, while sad, I knew would happen.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 1, 2011 11:26 PM

Jan 2008
It wasn't bad.

It was a little odd how they risked their lives to save her only for her to go back and die but oh well. I liked her Zanpakuto though.
May 28, 2011 12:15 AM
May 2011
I really liked this movie. I remembered hearing somewhere that this movie was made solely to please fans, and I wholeheartedly feel that they succeeded. Not only that, it was a solid film in its own right that someone with no knowledge of Bleach would be able to understand. I'd imagine that anyone seeing this movie would be instantly drawn to the series.

Sure, the fighting was a little ridiculous. Since when does the final villain go down with one sword slash? He did remind me of Kariya for some reason. However, the movie was emotionally satisfying enough that i simply didn't care about how trivial the fighting was. It's been a while since I've seen some good, solid Bleach (I watch the dubs on pace with their English airdate, episode 205 right now), and it was refreshing to just see Ichigo being Ichigo, with everyone else in support. He's such a good guy. It was a bit strange to see him cry at the end over Senna because I didn't really consider her to have *died*, she just simply passed on. I didn't like that it could hint at Ichigo maybe having feelings for her because it just didn't seem like him.

Overall, I mostly enjoyed the fact that this movie was a goo film in its own right and pleasing to Bleach fans and straightforward for those who have not seen Bleach before.

EDIT: P.S. Also it was cool to hear Number One (Ichigo's theme song that plays every time he uses Ban Kai) played on guitar in the beginning! That was cool!
Jun 20, 2011 4:26 AM

Jan 2011
didn't remember much from this movie but could tell this was nothing more than a quick grab for yen
6/10
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi
Nov 6, 2011 9:50 PM
Apr 2011
This was an awesome movie.
After the end I was practically bawling for a hour while looking at bleach fanfiction with Senna.
All of the captains were unnecessary. I think at the max it should be Toshiro, Ichigo, Chad, Uryu, Renji, Rukia, the 2 guys from squad 11 and Rangiku. And that's pushing it... A lot
I found Senna to be a well developed character, even though some don't agree.
The Japanese version is a LOT better than the English one.
Time to go write a fanfiction about the movie.

IchigoxSenna FTW
All will bow before the One True King.
Jan 10, 2012 1:34 PM

Feb 2010
The movie was pretty good. The animation was fluid and the plot was cohesive. Senna's character was done pretty well and it was made in a way that people who haven't seen the main series can still enjoy this.

8/10

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
vizhmaster_vizhuJan 10, 2012 1:37 PM
Jan 24, 2012 7:41 PM
Nov 2011
Yeah, I'll admit that this movie did pull on my hear strings, but it was still a little strange, like it wasn't "earned". I felt this would have been a perfect Bleach movie (well, I can't really judge since this was the only one that I've seen so far...) or movie in general, but the pacing seemed way too slow. I liked how Uruhara and Tessai did their own version of the "Rukia drawings", but it felt like they didn't push it/push it as they should have. When Ichigo was trying to rescue Senna for the first time, and then was simply stabbed, it felt as though I was being cheated of something, like: "Where are you hiding the Ichigo I know?!?!?". If there was just a quick 10-15 second clip with a little cool action sequence (come on guys you had over a whole hour and a half for this), I would've been like, "Oh this guy is actually strong, it's not just me who thinks that Ichigo suddenly got weaker", but no.... Also, what happened to Senna?!?!? She's the main focus of the whole story and yet she had almost no development or reactions by herself or with the other characters!?!?! What's up with that? If you had a whole 1 1/2 hours for this, why in the world did she not get enough development? That tells me, that there is something seriously wrong with this picture (this motion picture to be exact). If she had just a little more reaction with the other characters it would have been just fine. Did we really need all of that time with Ichigo playing "tag" with Senna or trying to get her to talk with him? I know that's one of the main characteristics of her character, but that does not mean that it should "become" her character! I still thought it was a decent movie overall, but it still felt like a lot of time got wasted. Great concepts, poor execution. It pains me to do so but I can only give this a low-8/high-7 out of 10. Maybe it should be lower from all of the time that I spent ranting, but I already voted, oh well. I wouldn't say this movie is a complete waste of your time, but you should definitely only watch it if you are trying to burn some time while you wait for more episodes of Bleach to come out, or if you haven't picked another series/movie that you want to watch out of curiosity, or your giant backlog of "anime that I need to watch".
Aug 19, 2012 6:52 PM

Feb 2011
Was amazing to see Bleach action again =D
Sep 5, 2012 2:09 PM

May 2011
This had everything I love about Bleach in it. The feel was the same as early Bleach, and more.

Senna <3
Kayaba-Jul 31, 2014 9:25 PM
Dec 1, 2012 11:25 PM

Sep 2012
Senna made this movie
Feb 23, 2013 12:39 AM

May 2012
I liked the movie. I liked how they explain the memory rosary and the sadness a soul feels when it's lost it also shows that it really takes time to move on ^^

However i didn't like that they inserted senna x ichigo there it kinda ruined the movie somehow in my opinion since i don't really like romance being inserted at action movies.

still i liked the plot also the art here is better than the first movie :)
so i'd give this one a 9.5/10.
Jul 30, 2013 5:07 AM
Sep 2009
I liked the movie. I give it a 7/10.

At the end of the movie, at the cemetary, I think Ichigo lied to Senna when he said that her name is on the tombstone just to comfort her in her final moments. The reason why Ichigo smiled at the end when he saw the Senna lookalike because she was proof that Senna existed. I think that girl was Senna's descendent or relative.
Aug 14, 2013 12:20 PM
Aug 2011
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.
Nov 7, 2013 8:38 AM

May 2012
This movie was rather impressive, the animation for one was a lot better than the actual series and just the story that they could put into just this time frame was quite awesome! Really touching ending and well the character was quite lovely as well! Lets see what the second movie has to offer!
Dec 9, 2013 6:11 AM

Sep 2010
Well, it was good. Yes, quite predictable, but still. All in all, not that great that a friend of mine told (he think that it's the best Bleach movie) but it's not like I expected too much from it anyway.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Feb 6, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
Not that big of a deal.7/10

Jul 29, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2013
it was a sad movie but i enjoyed it..if senna stayed alive..i think ichigoxsenna will be cute <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» timeline

TsundereRic - Oct 26, 2007

3 by Shidoteki »»
Dec 15, 2022 2:05 PM

» Senna's name origin?

superdowg316 - Apr 20, 2014

1 by WickedAngel »»
Oct 29, 2014 7:47 AM

» Is this movie an adaptation?

Tuskus - Apr 15, 2010

1 by BUTTHURT »»
Apr 15, 2010 5:31 PM

» Sad but happy?

Lilly1x - Feb 14, 2009

6 by BurningMoon65 »»
Dec 6, 2009 3:59 AM

» Memories of Nobody Coming to U.S. Theaters June 11-12

quicksilver111 - Apr 17, 2008

2 by morbidly_sexy »»
Jun 8, 2008 5:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.