3It was OK
18.6%
2Disliked it
4.3%
1Hated it
2.9%
Average 4.1
70 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2011 12:55 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh the Novas and fights! Wonderfully done. Definitely worth all the wait and even in the manga I found that it was great all this arc of Nova fighting. What was really done nicely is Aoi Kazuha's last attack on the nova in the following,

and also here. She really does look like Bridget when being portrayed like that. IMO I think it was really cool of her being shown in those poses. A good homage to her. Other than that good background info in Maria Lancelot and explanations about the infected Pandoras.

About Maria Lancelot, she situated in B12 underground level whom I liked the elevator going down design and the number 12 somehow reminded of the 12 apostles, must be the OST playing while it was her intro time. Essentially she is the one being used to create those stigmata but how exactly I wonder still. Her body and face in the spoiler
are not quite so desirable as it made me think of one of those broken dolls in Rozen Maiden. Of course they had to draw nipples up close, which had the opposite effect of what the usual intent is with fan service on me. Still in the end those water filled tubes with lights are quite fascinating, although I still not sure how does that work.

In the beginning, as DEFCON1 is announced with confirmed on screen targets, there had to be the obligatory fan service, whom that of [/url] Rana's breasts when she wakes up, Genessa's breasts through the transparent gown (Arthur must have been lucky to see her like that and don't tell me he is only doing her a massage.), Hiiragi's breasts as she washing herself and of course Elizabeth's nice body. Shit really starts up nice with Novas being clearly spotted right outside a West Genetics building and looks like all 4 of them are on screen surrounding the building. I don't really get the whole big explosion with the plane in the background when clearly there was no Nova killed while I could think it may be due to the impact of the beam the Nova fired last episode. Lovely Chiffon tights with panties are great but a final look at her bare breasts sure reveals them being a decent 82 proportion. I also wonder if this boy has anything to do with being Chiffon's limiter? Looks like Yumi will be joining in the fight.

About Novas and their Zombie Pandora Army, the Novas were really nicely made with one having all those lights around its head in the spoiler
while I find their stomach to be well done, they still kind of look like high priests with armor on them. As it started they used a most perfect OST part as everyone was emerging from the APCs. It was truly grotesque to see suddenly on the Novas all these bubble boiling like reaction starting that ultimately to what is in the spoiler
which is the girls it captured are spewing out. When they showed one of them and her skin texture, I got some Melona vibes from Queen's blade. As such control of these captured Pandoras is done by a stigmata crystal on their chest. Thus results in the Cathy and her army being like mindless zombies with the way her eyes were as well as the blue lines on her body in the spoiler
I loved how 2 Pandoras attack the Nova cracking its armor to reveal its core and Yumi giving it a final blow to make it down to 3. Props and cool shit to include a A-10 Thunderbolt firing a missile in the spoiler
whom you can learn all about here. It used to be a amazing tank killer during Operation Desert Strike.

As those zombie Pandoras break through the gate in entering West Genetics grounds, a DEFCON3 happens. Those Pandora zombies have rather dangerous blades to materialize much the same way as volt weapons. Miyabi's volt weapon homing daggers in the spoiler
is very nicely shown although it gets easily disintegrated by zombie Pandora's beam weapon. While the beam strangely was made to offer rather appealing clothe ripping of Miyabi and a delicious full frontal breast reveling show that must have been on the bad side very painful on Miyabi as she fainted from it. Upon a close look at Cathy Pandora zombie in the spoiler
they were not that badly made and I do commend on the effort done to contain them away from Maria as the door Cathy Pandora zombie tries to break results in breaking her blade weapons. The little gas trap did seem to work at first until a Pandora zombie emulates a beam light from her body that blows away the door with the beam itself being rather wide. It shows damn well it's quite a good replica of the major one from the Nova itself and those Pandora zombies are damn quick. In the end they will have one of heck of a challenge with Bridget once they meet her.
Rest in spoiler
About miscellaneous stuff, the intermission of Chiffon and Phenyl sure reveal interesting information among seeing Chiffon grope Phenyl in the spoiler
makes me think if Chiffon is bi. Chiffon's information saying she is from Canada is heck yeah! I am in Canada so yeah our country is in! Her favorite food sure rhymes with her name and weak spot being her collarbone is a easy spot for massages but taking naps as hobby? As means to have in the end a skin health is kind of meh, although my lap would sure like to act as pillow often like that for Chiffon. As for Phenyl, I am wondering if they made a pun with Finland/Canada, regardless Phenyl's hobby of taking care of her turtle is kind of not for me at all but blueberry pie is OK with me as being Phenyl's favorite food. He weak spot is also a way too easy one. The art work of this episode in the spoiler
shows what Bridget would have done to Kazuya if she would go killer mode on him in the early first episodes.

About preview, oh yes! Epic fight will be coming with Arnet/Creo, what looks to be a first to see Attia Simmons and Ingrid! While I really want to see Kazuya's freezing since he uses it. Overall I am satisfied with this episode, although the ecchi was really obviously forced in this episode. They better not screw up next episode as it is the most gory IMO with Bridget fighting IMO.
Yumekichi11Mar 13, 2011 7:28 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 12, 2011 1:41 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a nice episode tho it almost seems like there fighting themselves again here since the girls from the East Genetics got turned to there present state.
It was really surprising to see them in such a state just what is this Nova form and why did they become this way?
And can it be reversed?
What will happen to the girls after this?
I have to say that it's interesting to see how well they knew the way since it seemed like a secret part of the facility that even most students have not been.

Bridgette ignoring orders is nothing new since she did so allot already it was nice to see her do it again tho.
It was a bit strange to see her still willing to fight Rana in the middle of a emergency even if Rana did challenge her.
Tho Rana challenging her during that moment was just as strange.
It's nice to see that Bridgette came to terms a bit with Aoi again after his thoughtless words, it was nice to see him interrupting the fight between her and Rana.
Finally a male lead with some guts.
Bridgette also seems surprisingly knowledgeable about Pandoras even knowing about the fight Pandora and why she is so importuned.
While the other Pandoras who where there had no clue.

Rana not understanding what Genessa said was kind of funny and i like her unknowingness at times.
Bridgette was a bit to serious during that moment tho given the situation she was right.
Mar 12, 2011 2:33 PM

Sep 2009
That was a pretty satisfying episode. o: Next episode looks exciting.
Mar 12, 2011 2:34 PM

Sep 2009
That was a pretty satisfying episode. o: Next episode looks exciting.
Mar 12, 2011 2:49 PM

Aug 2010
Nova Form looks ridiculously overpowered. I wonder if they can revert back to humans. All this mumbo jumbo about stigma is starting to get interesting.
Mar 12, 2011 3:12 PM

Jan 2011
As the episodes go on, it gets more and more full of gore and fighting I like LOL
anyways, I liked this episode, c:
I kinda wasn't expecting the Pandoras from the other genetics to pop out and be in nova form
:u yet interesting
and a lot less fanservice then all the other episodes before a lot less xD
Mar 12, 2011 3:29 PM

Aug 2010
Ooh, misunderstanding isn't cleared up yet :|

Should hurry with it, I want a cute Sattelizer-senpai :p

Mar 12, 2011 3:56 PM
Dec 2010
Ahh finally geting into the good stuff...
Mar 12, 2011 4:12 PM

Jun 2010
There wasn't any fighting in this episode. I'm sad. Oh well I hope they fight in the next episode. This episode, as well as the last one, have gone differently than the manga, so I wonder which ending will be better.

I loved this part where Rana got surprised.

Mar 12, 2011 4:39 PM

Aug 2010
Good Episode
But I'm confused on what happened to Kazuha Aoi when she battled the Nova someone help me out?
Mar 12, 2011 5:02 PM

Nov 2009
13man18 said:

LOL. Indeed. It's never good when giant things poop out things they've digested. Those mini-nova are OP.
Mar 12, 2011 5:20 PM

Jul 2008
The Nova Form girls are so freakishly powerful. I can't see them being defeated. I mean even if Satella and Rana are really powerful for their age, and Kazuya has some unexplained powers, they aren't more powerful than a whole platoon of fourth years right?
Mar 12, 2011 6:43 PM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
The Nova Form girls are so freakishly powerful. I can't see them being defeated. I mean even if Satella and Rana are really powerful for their age, and Kazuya has some unexplained powers, they aren't more powerful than a whole platoon of fourth years right?
From the looks of what Kazuya did with the whole crowd during the pageant, I can easily say he could freeze a whole Nova by himself. I think he can Freeze those 4th years as easily he froze other pandoras. He just needs emotional motivation.

Mar 12, 2011 8:10 PM

Nov 2008
where are the other 3rd years? Those enemy pandoras have already reached their destination o_O

I guess Kazuya will be the only one who will save the fastest girl in the East xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 12, 2011 8:38 PM

Jun 2008
Lesbian like nudes with boobs.....AWESOME!!!

Great episode, I'm loving the story right now, and the final episodes seem like they're going to be pretty good.
Mar 12, 2011 11:10 PM

Feb 2010
pretty okay episode. cool to see the first pandora...
Mar 12, 2011 11:14 PM

Mar 2010
The enemy Pandora seems really strong It seems like statellizer and the group arent strong enough..

Rana is soo funny with her joking at times xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 13, 2011 12:31 AM

Aug 2010
That was a pretty awesome episode. I still feel some tension between Kazuya and Satella though so let's hope they make up to defeat those zombie pandoras (of course they will).
Mar 13, 2011 4:21 AM

Jul 2009
13man18 said:
T

Aye that was probably the only really good scene as well.
Made me chuckle a bit (^.^)
Mar 13, 2011 5:43 AM

Jan 2011
Oh shit, Kazuya looks very bad ass in that battle suit, if he does some epic ass freezing in that suit, he will redeem himself for everything he's messed up on. And what the fuck is Arthur doing? Why are you rubbing her lower arm? Should have been in mid sex when the alert was called.

Glad the whole Satella drama didn't last that long, cause its all a misunderstanding. Kazuya even caught on quick that she was listening, I'd be wondering why the hell she's ease-dropping on my conversation anyway. And what the Hell Rana, now is NOT the time to fight over a man, save your ass first.
Mar 13, 2011 6:13 AM

Nov 2010
Nice ep.

LOL, Rana "Lesbian? Like nudes with boobs?"
Mar 13, 2011 7:14 AM

Jul 2009
13man18 said:
T

Aye that was probably the only really good scene as well.
Made me chuckle a bit (^.^)
Mar 13, 2011 8:54 AM

Jul 2010
LESBIAN NUDE TITS... lol
Mar 13, 2011 2:42 PM

May 2007
That old lady was talking to a naked corpse.
Anyone else find that weird ?

Mar 13, 2011 2:47 PM

Jul 2010
Very nice episode. Loving the action that we've all waited for. Can't wait for next week!
Mar 13, 2011 6:16 PM

Feb 2011
We got another good episode coming. I can't wait. Rana's comment was funny. The nova form seems way overpowered but seeing how Bridget and Rana will deal with them will be very interesting.
Mar 13, 2011 9:05 PM
Jan 2009
lesbians, nudes with boobs....lmao!

Was wondering when they would start fighting a real enemy instead of themselves
Mar 13, 2011 9:06 PM

Jun 2009
Only two episodes left?! Noooo.

Man I am wishing against all reason for season 2.
Mar 14, 2011 1:29 AM

Apr 2009
Lol wtf Rana? You need to get your ears checked XD
Mar 14, 2011 7:46 AM

Jul 2009
Shit got real.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 14, 2011 11:43 AM

Sep 2007
Restarting the Bridgette and Rana fiasco again? Weak. I hope we get to see Elizabeth in action soon. She was pretty badass in the manga.
Mar 14, 2011 12:06 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome episode. But yes, the anime will end with the invasion, as I thought.

I wonder if they'll make a season 2.
Mar 14, 2011 12:50 PM

Sep 2010
Awesome.... episode.....
but somehow I felt it was a direct rip of evangelion...... ;p
Mar 15, 2011 12:59 AM

Jan 2011
FINALLY some proper action/build up. was getting sick of those internal student-student bitchfights.
Mar 15, 2011 6:00 AM

Nov 2009
Don't really get why the whole misunderstanding about Kazuha stigmata, I swear if Rana and Satella would get in a fight with nova under their noses I would kill the writers for this anime, also Miyabi got hit by the nova beam and only loses her clothes, in the manga when Ganessa got hit she lost 1/3 of her body but all hail ecchi :/ They at least explain how are the stigmata produced, and why is it essential to quickly kill nova because the commit suicide after some time. Hope they wont screw up Lockhart vs Ganessa and Satella.
Mar 15, 2011 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
I'm guessing Kazuya will be shocked when the West's nr 1 pops in, and an intense battle will follow, between nr 1-3 from East & West
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 15, 2011 10:09 PM

Oct 2010
13man18 said:
What I really though about this part is that it could be what she understood meant in her language either that or complete misunderstanding.

Mar 16, 2011 2:30 PM

Jan 2011
For those of you who are wondering how they beat the Nova Forms....and want to ruin the rest of the series for you..here ya go.
Mar 16, 2011 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
Lol Rana, you are awesome XD
Again, not too much Satella (although she got that whole misunderstanding thing cleared up I guess) so another great episode!
The music was AWESOME for some reason in this one O_O
Sacred body ... yes, another thought of NGE. Seems she's the "mother" of the Pandoras ... interesting ... so Pandoras can turn into Novas? :O
They look pretty cool in Nova form actually lol XD
Mar 16, 2011 7:27 PM

Nov 2009
Asteradragon said:
For those of you who are wondering how they beat the Nova Forms....and want to ruin the rest of the series for you..here ya go.
That how it went in the manga, but the anime is very censored in terms of gore, so I'm guessing that after Ganessa get's striped by Lockhart's "Mikuru beam", Satella will just beat her in berserk and destroy the main stigmata, but no limbs lost.
Mar 17, 2011 3:42 PM

Nov 2010
well that very interesting and the pandoras in nova forms seems almost seem like a unstoppable force by the looks of how their just passing everyone like they never were there to start. Just one last epic battle and this season is over.
Mar 18, 2011 6:21 AM
May 2009
Awesome I'm from Canada too!!
Mar 23, 2011 10:05 AM

Jul 2008
Zombie Pandoras~ and lesbians~ nudes with boobies~ :'D
Mar 26, 2011 6:42 PM
Dec 2010
YAY! Glad there is a character from the greatest country ever. :)
GO CANADA!

The episodes was good just from that :)
Apr 7, 2011 3:08 PM

Aug 2010
hmmm.... god (sigh) Satella and the other are now in trouble.
And Cassie a pandora that wanted to become a novelist, I hope she will turn back to normal like before.
If not I'll really get depresses. Man.... want to cry T_T
Apr 16, 2011 4:32 PM

Mar 2009
I found it boring.
Dec 18, 2011 10:17 PM

Jul 2010
all i can say is...chiffon fairchild
F YEA!!!!

May 12, 2012 10:01 AM

Sep 2008
supermegasonic said:
all i can say is...chiffon fairchild
F YEA!!!!
Damn straight! She, Ingrid and Satella are freaking hot!!
May 12, 2012 10:04 AM

Sep 2008
Interesting episode. I thought it was awesome seeing some of the girls working out when the alert came (particularly Ingrid on the shoulder press- nice!!). Who'da thought the powers of the pandoras would come from the first which was in my guess a person who was absorbed by the novas? Trippy stuff.
Sep 17, 2012 7:41 PM
Jul 2012
What just happend?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.