MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (2) -0.2 0.8 [1.8]
Poll: Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 4 Discussion

04-08-11, 4:51 PM

I actually don't think Rock is going crazy at all. His excessive "crazy" acting is appropriate considering his position is "do or die". If he fucks this up at all, all the leaders are gonna kill him. He's far from crazy though. He knows exactly what he's doing and his acting is apart of the plan.

04-16-11, 3:47 AM

Loved the look in Rock's eyes at the end. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

04-27-11, 10:18 PM

Just one more episode. If you read the manga, you already know the outcome. :]

LAZINESS WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU!

05-03-11, 7:34 PM

can't wait for the next episode! sadly the end though :(

05-04-11, 3:42 PM

guuse said:
I dunno, personally i didn't like that episode very much, it's too hmm blurry imo. Roberta is not cool at all, she's more of annoying bitch and stuff like ''30 guys can't shoot one chick'' somewhat gets on my nerves. There got to be other ways to show epic toughness.

Exactly, that's why I couldn't enjoy this episode. I never liked Roberta even in previous seasons, but she's so totally ridiculous in the OVAs that they could be classified as sci-fi. I sit through all action scenes with her with :| face. I hope she dies at the end. I can't really see the point of having immortal super killer in BL.

05-04-11, 3:47 PM

^ I agree with you there, the only thing i like about Roberta is that psychopatic look on her face... oh and her hair.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

05-10-11, 12:05 PM

PilipinoGuy2k said:
I think a lot of people are focusing on the Roberta a little too much, imo. The best parts of this episode were the ones revealing more of Balalaika's past, both in the past war and the feud between her and Chang. The clip of Balalaika walking with the child in hand is an awesome image. And the dialogue between her and the American Captain really gave more depth in the background of the Hotel Moscow soldiers.

I still love this show though. I don't want it to end with this final part.

I won't say that people focused too much on Roberta, since I kind of do too, I love that character very much but considering the title of the OVAs, lol, we can't really blame people.

But I agree with the rest of what you said : one of the best things here is that we learn a little more about Balalaika. Since the arc with Hansel and Gretel, I have been wondering what the heck had happened between Chang and her for Balalaika to call him 'Babe' and stuff... But on the other hand, that was a little disappointment. Not what we learnt but how it was treated.
I was so waiting for Balalaika and Chang's meeting, lol, but we only 'saw' them with Rock's comments on it. I mean, dammit, we should have had the whole discussion between those two, not simply some image of them with their hair dancing in the wind in the sunset. That scene was supposed to be pretty intense, them remembering the past, their strange romantic-like but deadly relationship. ( Instead precious minutes were wasted before/later devoted to the blond brat's whining ). Not to mention that from Rock's story, it's like if Balalaika had lost to Chang in their duel, when it wasn't exactly the case.

05-28-11, 8:43 AM

Just who is this Rock guy? As Dutch said in this ep, when the hell did he become a genius of negotiation?
I am disappointed in Roberta. She's just a drugged crazy in my eyes now.

Anyways, it was really cool learning more about the past of Bala/Hotel Moscow (w/ Chang as well).
I'd honestly rather watch more of that, but I guess I'll just read the manga to get that wish fulfilled.

I hope the last episode ends well.
Modified by Sherr, 05-28-11, 8:51 AM

06-02-11, 4:04 PM

It was alright. It was awesome to see Revy.

06-20-11, 1:25 PM

What is Rock's use for the Lagoon if he no longer retains the purity Revy admires?

06-26-11, 4:44 PM

I lol'd at the "Screw you" written on Fabiola's card.

08-19-11, 3:17 AM

Woah Rock is out of control! He is indeed scary in his own way.

09-13-11, 10:40 PM

I want to have faith in Rock, but I think think the life has finally got to him. Interesting stuff going on with Revy, btw.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

11-12-11, 9:43 AM

What the heck is with Rock? heh. This is cool stuff (:

01-24-12, 5:55 AM

The exchange between Balalaika and the American major is brilliant. as is the dialogue at the end between Fabiola and Revy. Great episode.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”

01-27-12, 2:46 PM

ROCK KAKKOII

03-10-12, 3:06 AM

A truly amazing episode ++++ loved the dialgues!!!

Rock is mega cool.

04-26-12, 11:40 AM

roberta started to be creepy o.o
i wonder what rock is planning ^^

05-20-12, 3:19 AM

Jesus, Rock is being so manipulative and smart. Fuck thats awesome.

07-31-12, 4:16 PM

This series is so freaking awesome! Briljant dialogue, awesome fights, and smart plotlines. And finally Rock seems to become a bit more badass himself.

08-12-12, 1:49 PM

Judging from Rock's expression at the end of the episode, something bad is brewing.

08-15-12, 4:08 PM

damn Robeta is a beast O______O

she literraly destroyed Shenua's sword .____.

poor Sawyer, her chainsaw got broke T____T

i was hoping Lotton would put up a fight!!!

he got cheated!!!!!

Roberta is just brutal >_____<

the chang vs balalaika flashback was good!!!

wish they added more scenes, it seems there's alot more they had discussed that event.

so that's how Balalaika owed Dutch :P

waaaaaa Revy and Shenua got shot in the arm T______T

i hope they are okay :P

pretty cold how Rock just flat out said to her that he doesn't need her in the next phase despite the fact he wanted her along in the beginning.

so that's why balalaika got booted out??

she help an innocent standby???

Roberta as deadly as ever!!!!!!!

while i kinda like Rock a bit here, he's still a douchebag from the very first season. stop trying to act cool all of a sudden, your not that big of a hotshot.

ohhh noooooo only the last episode left :(

i wish they animate more manga scenes, i read it's still being hiatus after 2 years now???

any chance they would continue this???

i could see how Madhouse had alot of trouble animating Hellsing Ultimate, since there are also taking care of this fine masterpiece, it's hard to juggle two masterpieces at a time.

please please please don't kill Roberta T________T

i can't wait what happens next!!!!!

i freaking love Black Lagoon :)
Modified by AngeCross, 08-15-12, 4:14 PM

09-20-12, 11:26 AM

Damn. Why Rock didn't play the evil mastermind in the 24 previous episode ? He's so badass right now.

And Roberta is a beast, so much great in these OVA.

12-19-12, 9:44 AM

Did she really just destroy a blade with her teeth and survived a direct hit from a rocket launcher? Seriously, that's all I can stand. If this is the best they can come up with then I'm glad there is no season 4. It is frustrating to see an awesome show being ruined like this.

07-11-13, 12:58 AM

so roberta eats metal ... thats new
Fanservice connoisseur and Osananajimi supporter.

08-14-13, 12:59 PM

Roberta has totally lost it... and Rock has too.

10-08-13, 7:39 PM

glad I'm not the only one struggling to grasp the machinations going on. I get the CIA/NSA rivalry thing, Roberta/FARC-Cubans/Soviets/HK Triad kind of but not really, and then there's some others?

Anyway, catching a sword with your teeth then stopping a chainsaw between two guns is heavy Badassness.

10-17-13, 1:38 AM

What the fuck is Roberta made of? Eating knives and shit. I'm sure she got shot like a million times. Btw loving Rock's 'Sick Fuck' side. Can't wait for the finale! This OVA is actually really good, has good plot. 8.3/10.

11-12-13, 11:07 PM

Was a good episode, but...I'm not quite sure how I like the supernatural element this OVA series seems to have....I find it relatively hard to believe how many times Roberta's been shot at and nothing has actually hit her yet...I mean...she's only covered in blood because of bashing that guy's face off, so it's not as if those "meds" are pain killers, their just fucking mind blowers. and breaking the blade in half with her teeth, seems like the writers tried to make this OVA a perfect Hellsing tribute or something.

I like the Gray Fox reference from Balalaika....this episode was pretty awesome story development...1 episode to go... I'm going to miss this :(

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

11-30-13, 4:00 PM

Rewatching this again after 2 years in the original series in english dub.(Like nobody cares)The conversation between rock and eda at one point, he ask about the mastermind who rule roanaper.I wonder in the end of this series we'll see the ruler of roanaper.

01-07-14, 3:17 PM

Great episode.

I have no idea what's Rock going to do next, but damn right through the end, there's going to be hell a lot of smartness he has in store with. If his plan worked, than I he will be one of the best badass characters that risk anything I will ever seen.

And, wow Revu pointed the gun at the green hair lady. Hmm.... nice rivalry tension right there. Mostly, I bet Recy will beat her or something.

Starting to like the ending song. Pretty awesome.

Lol when some people trying to captured Roberta especially the white hair guy. :P

5/5 hope the ending will do great!

01-15-14, 2:43 AM

Finally!! Rock is.. rocking!! It's just like what they say... quiet and soft-looking people are monsters when they've had enough.. he might be tired of being a pussy..

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum"

02-04-14, 9:14 AM

Roberta broke a blade with her teeth? thats crazy. it looks like Rock has a big plan up his sleeve, can't wait to see what the final episode has in store.

04-28-14, 11:28 PM

Roberta's resistance is waay too stupid and ridiculous. Breaking an assassin weapon with her teeths… Really ? Surviving an entire army assault ? Really...?
And i don't know, but i can't feel anything for Rock's character development.
The different dialogues were what save this episode for being a very bad one.

Well, let's hope the last episode wash some of the bad taste.

07-14-14, 2:12 PM

The only real gripe i have is that they sometimes stand in the open for like 5-10 seconds while getting shot by 20 people with assault rifles, and at most they got one bullet in the arm or so.

Basically, dodging all that by jumping 20 stories down onto a boat, while shooting the boat to make it explode and hurl yourself over to the other side of the river (made up, but would fit Black Lagoon, wouldn't it?) is just as unrealistic and impossible, but it doesn't look like, on the contrary, it looks damn awesome. Standing there and nothing happens is just lame.

Besides that..Roberta is crazy. The moment she sees Garcia she's like "want some tea with that?" smling from ear to ear, the moment she switches to bloodhound mode she could make a werewolf tuck his tail just by glaring at it.

And Rock is..well, crazy. Different kind of crazy, but crazy. Does he try to use the Garcia/Roberta case as a way to get rid of quite a lot of different troublemakers aswell as shift the overall balance of power or what? Definitively crazy.

07-18-14, 9:12 PM

This has got to be the most insane and psychotic OVA ive seen. I honestly dont know how to rate this.

08-01-14, 7:52 AM

ShenHua, Sawyer VS Roberta < Lotton VS Roberta....

08-03-14, 6:55 AM

Oh, boy I like Roberta so much. It is wonderful to have someone so awesome to make Roanapur regulars piss their pants. Hell yeah! Only regrets I have are: 5 OVA episode, and why El baile de la Muerte is not longer.

08-07-14, 5:44 PM

I actually love this OVA just as much as the main series. Roberta has always been practically immortal and this just proves it - hell, it was nice to even see her subjugated last episode since it showed that she isn't perfect. She's more of an escape artist with weapons, but man does she do it well.

08-20-14, 1:56 PM

Rock is the fucking man now, started to get his shit together.

ask.fm Films Reviews Profile List

12-20-14, 9:20 AM

Mini-maid is right though, Rock is slowly going the way Revy is.
Rock giving the Light Yagami vibe these few episodes.

Great episode.

03-13-15, 6:43 PM

Rock going insane too?

Wow, did roberta just break asword with her teeth? That's... scary and awesome.

Shame there's only one episode left.
Anime List l Manga List
That's the secret, cap. Post and Forget

03-18-15, 1:57 AM

Another solid episode here. Boy was Roberta intense or what? It seems like Rock and Eda have some plans, I am not sure if they mesh completely or not though. Revy and Shen got caught not checking there surroundings and took some lead in the arms. The Black Lagoon company gets another gig here, and while on the boat Mini made gives Revy a piece of her mind. Also here a little crazy action from Rock it seems, all in all i think he is alright though. We can only wait and see.

Pages (2) -0.2 0.8 [1.8]