3It was OK
3.0%
2Disliked it
3.3%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.6
305 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 11, 2011 8:56 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I didn't much care for this episode... so much talking... but...

The end scene put Fabiola as one of my top 3 anime girls... EVER. She's so cute, badass, and awesome... <3
Mar 12, 2011 9:14 PM

Jul 2010
Rock seems to go nutzoid at the end scene?
Or is that just acting?

anyway ,
i give this ☆☆☆☆☆
cant wait next
LunaMay 3, 2012 10:58 AM
Mar 19, 2011 9:48 PM

Jan 2010
sub still nowhere to be found...fffffinally.
i3iMar 24, 2011 8:07 AM
Mar 22, 2011 6:43 PM

Feb 2010
OMG Rock has gone crazy!
Mar 22, 2011 6:50 PM

Aug 2010
Loved rock in this episode.

Also the Fabiola Revy conversation pretty much summed up what i'd been thinking.
Mar 22, 2011 7:08 PM

Dec 2008
Roberta is like a fucking rabid wild dog!!
I am REALLY loving this manipulative, sadistic, insane side of Rock! Look out Revy, he's not the man you think he is!!
Mar 22, 2011 7:39 PM
Apr 2010
Everything was so subtle.... It was just plain EPIC
Mar 22, 2011 7:44 PM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT!!! Roberta on BEAST mode!!!! Catching the sword in her damn teeth and breaking it. And wow is Rock more badass than ever!!
Mar 22, 2011 7:49 PM

Aug 2008
Rock has been quite badass in these OVAs
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Mar 23, 2011 12:43 AM

Jan 2010
Aww , the Beast Came out , RUN !
Mar 23, 2011 1:15 AM

Mar 2010
great episode not as intense as the last one but i got a couple of chills

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 23, 2011 1:48 AM

Jan 2011
holy shit, Rock is becoming a real badass. or he was one to begin with but didn't have to play that trump card out. I sense collateral damage.
and ye, Roberta is unstoppable in her beast mode - I like that

furthermore: JACK DANIELS - Chang is a man of taste

does anyone know if there will be a continuation of this series? I want this to go on for a long time. even if I have to wait more then months for the episodes - ova = better quality and better subs!
Mar 23, 2011 3:50 AM

Nov 2009
Kiijutsu said:
holy shit, Rock is becoming a real badass. or he was one to begin with but didn't have to play that trump card out. I sense collateral damage.

does anyone know if there will be a continuation of this series? I want this to go on for a long time. even if I have to wait more then months for the episodes - ova = better quality and better subs!

The manga is ongoing, but at the rate its being released there will not be a new anime series for quite a long time. There only a few chapters into the storyline after this one.
Mar 23, 2011 8:53 AM

Jan 2011
MadJustin7 said:
Kiijutsu said:

The manga is ongoing, but at the rate its being released there will not be a new anime series for quite a long time. There only a few chapters into the storyline after this one.

Aww,what a pity! We need more animes like this one! They have become extinct:'(

Thanks anyway!
Mar 23, 2011 9:27 AM

Jun 2008
billng said:
HOLY SHIT!!! Roberta on BEAST mode!!!! Catching the sword in her damn teeth and breaking it. And wow is Rock more badass than ever!!

Roberta should give us the card of her dentist. Whoever it is, is the best doctor in the universe. That's some super freaking teeth.
But really what the hell is going on in her mind? Bloodhound indeed, she makes more than enough justice to that name. Is like she switch her brain off and can only smell the trail of blood. She's like a human terminator.
Damn she's awesome.

So from when exactly is Revy the puppy and Rock the wolf in this relationship? I must have lost the memo.
Rock made a lot of plans there but i haven't grasp them completely. I don't even understand how he or Chang were responsible for the events unfolding the way they did. All i got was that Rock wants to bring down Chang and find what big-shot is behind him.
Well to be honest, Rock basically reveled that his isn't exactly normal when he decided to stay in that town anyway. What normal human being would want to stay there when he can live elsewhere? So am not really very surprised of his demonstrated badass level-up in this episode.
As Fabiola said, the guy is a little screw-uped in the head too, just like the others in that town.
Mar 23, 2011 10:45 AM

Feb 2009
Freaking epic episode, Rock was pure bad-ass the entire time and in the ending he was over 9,000. Seriously this episode was amazing, like how they are developing Rock, seeing Revy injured was a letdown, but still seeing how Roberta handed easily Shenhua, Lotton and Sawyer Frederica was freaking intense and jaw-dropping. But after Rock's amazing performance in this episode, the other character who stole it was Eda, she's also just too pure bad-ass. How she easily blocked Roberta's attack with the brief case and then doing an arm grab on Roberta in the airplane, now that was amazing and very surprising, very top-notch. Like how Eda is moving behind the curtains, can't wait to see if Rock actually finds out about Eda on the next episode or if he is left hanging. This series is just too awesome, we need more anime like this.
Mar 23, 2011 11:32 AM
Aug 2010
Have you read websundays homepage?
The 5. ova will be out in June...
Mar 23, 2011 1:00 PM

Nov 2009
The finale of the OVA arc is to come...
I am having issues following Rock's scheming, but there is one thing for sure - he looks badass doing it.

It wasn't an amazing episode, but i did enjoy Hotel Moscow a bit.
Mar 23, 2011 5:12 PM
Dec 2007
Absolutely brilliant episode and without a doubt the best of these OVAs. The developments were simply fantastic, subtle and really well thought-out. Oh, and Rock has evolved so much since the beginning of the first series it's getting almost frightening.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 23, 2011 5:13 PM

Nov 2009
Roberta is really intense, Rock has also been pretty amazing this episode. He had some nice expressions this episode, I can't wait to see the finale.
Mar 23, 2011 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Roberta biting that blade in pieces was pure greatness.
Mar 23, 2011 6:24 PM

May 2009
Very entertaining episode that was gripping throughout. Even the supposedly calm moments were tense for me. Roberta is easily one of the most terrifying characters in recent memory and possible ever. Rock is scary is his own way.
Mar 23, 2011 8:11 PM

Sep 2010
Not as intense as the last one or two but a great episode nonetheless. I would like to see a fourth season come out of this, as there is so much more they can do to the story.

~Can't wait for the last episode. :D
Mar 23, 2011 8:38 PM

Jun 2010
Loved the episode.....freaking awesome. Rock's badassery levels were off the charts in this episode, no joke. XD
Mar 23, 2011 10:51 PM

Jul 2009
Rock's planning makes my brain hurt. There are SO MANY fucking factions that I can hardly grasp what's happening, much less why.

Edit: I NEED a gif of Roberta catching and breaking Shenhua's sword!
wheresthehandleMar 23, 2011 10:55 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 24, 2011 8:36 AM

Jul 2009
Well, Roberta's skills weren't on the 'normal human level' before either, and this episode further proves she's too badass for human levels.

Also, Rock's changed very drastically since we first met him, now he's somewhat of a strategist, instead of a office worker.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 24, 2011 10:36 PM

Jan 2009
Rock may become the next Mr. Chang lol
Mar 25, 2011 12:23 AM

Apr 2009
I loved this episode because I have been a fan of Rock since episode 1-2. I'm so happy to see this arc animated. *_* We really get to see and sense just how much Rock does belong in Roanapur. Besides, we all know the Lagoon Company was in need of a mastermind type. 8] Rock's a natural, and I love it when we get to see him use his wits and manipulative side. Seriously, when he's in that crazy manipulative zone he's at his most attractive/bad-ass.

That aside, Roberta going batshit bloodhound crazy is always an epic plus. Catching Shenhua's blade with her teeth and then breaking it. Priceless.
Mar 26, 2011 4:38 AM

Feb 2010
OK, time to rise the score for this series to 9. Excellent episode.
Mar 26, 2011 7:28 AM

Dec 2009
masterpiece ova in my opinion XD
Roberta Rulesssss
Mar 27, 2011 6:53 PM

Jun 2009
rock when badass evil i don't remember him seaming so evil in the manga
Mar 27, 2011 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
I'm liking Rock more and more as the episodes go by.
I can't wait to see all his plans crumble under Garcia's hands.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2011 5:51 AM
Mar 2011
Amazing episode. Best BL's season.
Mar 28, 2011 3:47 PM
Jul 2008
helur said:
The finale of the OVA arc is to come...
I am having issues following Rock's scheming, but there is one thing for sure - he looks badass doing it.

It wasn't an amazing episode, but i did enjoy Hotel Moscow a bit.

Hehe I enjoyed the Hotel Moscow part too, ofcourse it's not enough to stop the bloodhound. I think the Eda and Roberta scene in the aeroplane was pretty cool too :D Can't wait for 5/5
Mar 29, 2011 4:57 AM

Aug 2010
It was a great episode, true to the Black Lagoon franchise with its over the topness, but still in a way that is interesting and entertaining.

I wonder what's going to happen to Aizen Rock. Will he become what he used to despise or is there still a chance for him? In this anime, I can't really predict the ending. I also liked what Fabiola said about Revy, I'm curious to see if we get back to this in the last part.

5/5 for the episode.
Mogami-kunMar 29, 2011 5:00 AM
Mar 31, 2011 1:01 PM
Apr 2009
pretty good ova. Pretty interesting coincidence that out of nowhere i decided to rewatch black lagoon then this thing comes out half way through my rewatch. I like the whole contrast it gives as rock's character has really grown.

Monad said:

So from when exactly is Revy the puppy and Rock the wolf in this relationship? I must have lost the memo.

From the point where rock stood up to her in episode 7 it has been slowly developing that way. Id reccomend a re-watch, though i would do it with the dubbed version as the subs don't do the dialogue justice i find.
Mar 31, 2011 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
^yep, from ep7 on, when rock grabbed his balls -that was the turning point when revy started to respect him.

this episode was great with its dialogue. i absolutely loved the exchange at the end between fabiola and revy. You could tell that fabiola nailed everything because of how angry/emotional revy got

the peek at the "fang teeth" of rock really takes things back to the vampire kids arc. he has really changed, and not necessarily for the better.

i really cannot predict how its gonna end..and i love the OVA's more b/c of it
Apr 4, 2011 3:43 AM

Aug 2008
I think a lot of people are focusing on the Roberta a little too much, imo. The best parts of this episode were the ones revealing more of Balalaika's past, both in the past war and the feud between her and Chang. The clip of Balalaika walking with the child in hand is an awesome image. And the dialogue between her and the American Captain really gave more depth in the background of the Hotel Moscow soldiers.

I totally love the fact that Rock is going mad with his scheming though. It draws me into his plans even more. On the opposite side, Roberta is getting so out of control, the things she does seem more and more and more farfetched.

I still love this show though. I don't want it to end with this final part.
Apr 4, 2011 5:14 AM
Nov 2009
I dunno, personally i didn't like that episode very much, it's too hmm blurry imo. Roberta is not cool at all, she's more of annoying bitch and stuff like ''30 guys can't shoot one chick'' somewhat gets on my nerves. There got to be other ways to show epic toughness.
Apr 5, 2011 2:11 PM
Nov 2009
Just noticed that prince Baka and Rock has the same VA :)
Rock is getting badass 5/5 for this episode. Now for the long wait >.>
And btw Roberta is beast!!
Apr 8, 2011 4:51 PM

Jun 2007
I actually don't think Rock is going crazy at all. His excessive "crazy" acting is appropriate considering his position is "do or die". If he fucks this up at all, all the leaders are gonna kill him. He's far from crazy though. He knows exactly what he's doing and his acting is apart of the plan.
Apr 16, 2011 3:47 AM

Oct 2008
Loved the look in Rock's eyes at the end. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 27, 2011 10:18 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Just one more episode. If you read the manga, you already know the outcome. :]

May 3, 2011 7:34 PM

Nov 2009
can't wait for the next episode! sadly the end though :(
May 4, 2011 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
guuse said:
I dunno, personally i didn't like that episode very much, it's too hmm blurry imo. Roberta is not cool at all, she's more of annoying bitch and stuff like ''30 guys can't shoot one chick'' somewhat gets on my nerves. There got to be other ways to show epic toughness.

Exactly, that's why I couldn't enjoy this episode. I never liked Roberta even in previous seasons, but she's so totally ridiculous in the OVAs that they could be classified as sci-fi. I sit through all action scenes with her with :| face. I hope she dies at the end. I can't really see the point of having immortal super killer in BL.
May 4, 2011 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
^ I agree with you there, the only thing i like about Roberta is that psychopatic look on her face... oh and her hair.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 10, 2011 12:05 PM
Aug 2008
PilipinoGuy2k said:
I think a lot of people are focusing on the Roberta a little too much, imo. The best parts of this episode were the ones revealing more of Balalaika's past, both in the past war and the feud between her and Chang. The clip of Balalaika walking with the child in hand is an awesome image. And the dialogue between her and the American Captain really gave more depth in the background of the Hotel Moscow soldiers.

I still love this show though. I don't want it to end with this final part.

I won't say that people focused too much on Roberta, since I kind of do too, I love that character very much but considering the title of the OVAs, lol, we can't really blame people.

But I agree with the rest of what you said : one of the best things here is that we learn a little more about Balalaika. Since the arc with Hansel and Gretel, I have been wondering what the heck had happened between Chang and her for Balalaika to call him 'Babe' and stuff... But on the other hand, that was a little disappointment. Not what we learnt but how it was treated.
I was so waiting for Balalaika and Chang's meeting, lol, but we only 'saw' them with Rock's comments on it. I mean, dammit, we should have had the whole discussion between those two, not simply some image of them with their hair dancing in the wind in the sunset. That scene was supposed to be pretty intense, them remembering the past, their strange romantic-like but deadly relationship. ( Instead precious minutes were wasted before/later devoted to the blond brat's whining ). Not to mention that from Rock's story, it's like if Balalaika had lost to Chang in their duel, when it wasn't exactly the case.
May 28, 2011 8:43 AM

Apr 2009
Just who is this Rock guy? As Dutch said in this ep, when the hell did he become a genius of negotiation?
I am disappointed in Roberta. She's just a drugged crazy in my eyes now.

Anyways, it was really cool learning more about the past of Bala/Hotel Moscow (w/ Chang as well).
I'd honestly rather watch more of that, but I guess I'll just read the manga to get that wish fulfilled.

I hope the last episode ends well.
mell4444May 28, 2011 8:51 AM
Jun 2, 2011 4:04 PM

Mar 2009
It was alright. It was awesome to see Revy.
Jun 20, 2011 1:25 PM
Mar 2010
What is Rock's use for the Lagoon if he no longer retains the purity Revy admires?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jun 23, 2011

218 by Tulkas-Astaldo »»
Mar 21, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Jan 9, 2011

138 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 1, 2010

102 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

yakisobapan - Jun 26, 2010

173 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 22, 7:23 PM

» Sequel?

Paksh - Nov 5, 2023

15 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.